A plumber must have an up-to-date license to perform work in most states. Why do they need to have proper certifications and what are the risks of hiring an unlicensed plumber to complete work in your home? Keep reading to find out.
Get matched with top Plumbers in Horseheads, NY
There are 8 highly-rated local plumbers.
Recent Plumbers Reviews in Horseheads
- Donohue-Halverson Plumbing, Heating & CoolingTechnicians were on time and very polite. They cleaned up after the job was done as well which is a big deal to me. They were here within 24 hours of our old water heater dying. I would recommend to everyone I know.
- RIBBLE ROOTERTurned out I had roots in the line causing the clog. Mr. Ribble cleared it all up and showed me how to keep the roots from growing & causing the same problem down the road.
- Crown Construction IncI've had two projects designed and completed through Crown Construction. I was completely pleased and satisfied each time. The first project was a bathroom rehab. It went so well and came out beautifully. I then hired them to install a new picture window and front door, which is such an improvement to my home inside and out. They took their time exploring possible design aspects for both projects, and together we came up with the final product. They are expert in what they do from beginning to end. Dependable and communicative. On time to arrive when they say, on schedule, and within budget. What more could a customer ask
- Dewalt & SonsIt went very well..It was a hard job for the plumber but he dealt with it very professionally and efficiently as possible
- Norb Miller General ContractorWas told 2 weeks for completion, and it was completed . I receive great responses when my friends or family see my bathroom for the 1st time. I would re hire Norb again.
- Norb Miller General ContractorThe house was purchased in January 2013. We called four contractors and and Norb Miller was selected, based upon his estimate and how he inspected the house and offered solutions. He began work in April 2013. As demolition was underway we experienced a need to change original outline of work on kitchen flooring as well as in other areas of the remodeling work. This increased the cost of the the original estimate. His expertise and on how to approach the work was right on target. He understood at what level we wanted to maintain the remodeling work. The house needed major upgrades to meet code and it was done well and met final inspection. Mr. Miller did many additional pieces of work to improve the situation that went above and beyond estimated work. A fire wall was required in the basement for the garage and he finished both sides of the wall. Another example of above the effort was with the installation of the wall between the kitchen and living room. He heard me say that I did not like the open room concept because of noise and the house had a two-story entryway so sound can carry. He installed the wall and to lessen the noise added insulation to the wall to reduce sound between rooms. This wall also required an extension to meet the new kitchen design. His team installed all the kitchen cabinets and appliances and took care of issues regarding any damaged material. He added decorative headers in the hallway to define it, etc. Mr. Miller quickly learned the color scheme and I let him choose the tile for the back splash in the kitchen and for the tile around the fireplace. He handled overseeing the installation of a new gas fireplace in the house and coordinated the installation with the provider. He took on little things to make sure the house would stand against the elements. For example, there was a downspout that ended on the deck, Mr. Miller, made sure the spout drained through the deck and away from the house. He saw that a gutter needed to be replaced on the back of the house and did this work so the integrity of house could be maintained. Working with Norb Miller was very easy. The main thing about this renovation/remodeling job was that it was done from a distance and he guided me in what needed to be ordered and when. Periodically I would meet with Mr. Miller at the site to go over work and next steps, but I could confidently walk away and know the work would be done. We communicated by telephone and email. He really cares about his clients. For example, I needed to order two light fixtures for the kitchen. I found a style I liked, however, the store did not have two of the same, so I ordered my second choice. When I met with Norb, the lights were up in the kitchen and I just mentioned that I had originally picked some others, but could not figure out a way to get them since the pick-up store did not have two. When I saw pictures of the kitchen on Angie's List, I saw the lights had been changed to my first choice. Now that is above and beyond--but it is consideration and understanding of a client. He suggested storm doors for the house and I let him make the selection because I knew he would make a sound choice. He has a good understanding of his clients and is able to ascertain their likes, dislikes and does not offer solutions that are out of line, but are good and functional. Mr. Miller has been back to adjust items as we have found them that were part of the job and has done so to make sure the job was done right. We would definitely use Mr. Miller's company again
- Norb Miller General ContractorNorb solved big problems for me with no fuss or BS. He worked quickly and arrived early every day. He offered helpful suggestions to do the renovation smarter and followed up with regular consultations during the process, which went on for weeks due to arrival of new cabinets. After the countertops and backsplash were installed by others, he came back to hook up the plumbing
- Norb Miller General ContractorNorb solved big problems for me with no fuss or BS. He worked quickly and arrived early every day. He offered helpful suggestions to do the renovation smarter and?followed up with regular consultations during the process, which went on for weeks due to arrival of new cabinets. After the?countertops and backsplash were installed by others, he came back to hook up the plumbing
- Dewalt & SonsThey were good, but they were a little pricey. They knew what they were doing. They were very knowledgeable in where to route water lines so they would not freeze. They did not just do it quickly; they did it the right way.
- Dewalt & SonsThis is an old (1864) house that is full of surprises, but the DeWalt team seemed very comfortable and fluent in dealing with all aspects of an old house. The work was actually done as 2 separate jobs - the porch being first. The initial quote was to install 2 new adjustable columns under the porch. After completion, the owner inspected the work and decided to add a 3rd column at no additional charge. For the interior plumbing, they arrived on time, with different team members assigned to the work for which they were most expert. Lonni DeWalt, the owner, came around to help assess what was needed, and to inspect the work in progress. Once they determined the need to open walls and replace the last of the old cast iron drain pipes, they provided a separate quote, and recommended we contact our insurance to help cover the cost, which we did. In the end, they actually came in slightly under their initial quote. Lonni also followed up after completion of each job to be sure I was 100% satisfied. When I questioned the refinishing of one of the walls, he immediately sent his best sheetrock guy over to inspect and correct the work. All of the workers were very professional and personable. I felt confident in their abilities, and their sincere desire to get it right, even if it took more than they originally planned. I will no doubt use them again
Plumbers in Horseheads
- Business Description:Dewalt & Sons has been providing HVAC and general contracting services to the Steuben, Schuyler, Yates, and Chemung counties for nearly 45 years.Recent Review:I've already rated then once. They were the very best company I have ever hired. I would recommend them to anyone and definitely hire them again should I need their service. They were very professional.Shirley E.
- Business Description:Payment due at time of service. Fully insured. Free estimates.Recent Review:Turned out I had roots in the line causing the clog. Mr. Ribble cleared it all up and showed me how to keep the roots from growing & causing the same problem down the road.Sarah G.
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for SnowbirdsRecent Review:I was very pleased with the transaction. The setup of the auto pickup was easy with call to National Express Auto Transport. I got an email notification from dispatch letting me know when the car would be picked up at the dealership, and I let the dealership know. I then got the direct phone number for the transporter/driver and setup a time to drop off the car on the date promised. It was door to door service, and I felt that the driver took good care of my car. I was very pleased, and would use them againJorge S.
- Business Description:When it comes to heating and cooling your home, you’re not just buying a furnace or air conditioning unit; you’re buying a company, a customer service team, the quality and integrity they represent. Whether it’s an emergency repair, an upgrade or replacement, or a brand-new installation, it’s the total experience that counts, and that’s where Isaac excels! Whatever your situation, Isaac’s highly trained professionals will educate you about your options and help you decide which solution is be..Recent Review:Extremely well. Bill Bennett has been with Isaac and its predecessor for many years and knows our house and his business. Extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Isaac offered a special for both cleanings and tuneups for $169, and that plus tax is the price we paidTom S.
- Business Description:Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and afford..Recent Review:Norb quoted $500.00 to install a new kitchen sink. Then he has an “employee” call saying cost has gone up to $650.00 Would not recommend this company to anyone for anythingMario R.
- Business Description:We are a local family Owned and Operated business looking to fulfill all our customers needs.Recent Review:TLR contracting & Lawn care did a amazing job on my fence. They were their on time and ready to roll everyday!! Tyler was very understanding and met my expectations to the T. I would recommend TLR contracting and lawn care to anyone. I have gotten alot of complements on my fence already, I absolutely love the job they did. If I need anyother work done i will have themShelby B.
- Business Description:We are a Licensed & Bonded Public Claims Adjusting Firm headquartered and founded in Tampa Bay, Florida. We represent clients in Florida, Georgia & Virginia. Our goal is to make sure that our clients receive ALL the money that they deserve from the insurance carrier. Our firm will communicate with the insurance company and act as an advocate for the policyholder during the claims process. We prepare a full scope and itemized estimate of damage for residential or commercial properties. We revi..Recent Review:Reliable Claims Adjusting provided invaluable assistance, ensuring that our insurance provider paid an appropriate amount based on our policy and the loss we had experienced. When we first filed our claim with the insurance company they tried to deny it completely, which was really frightening. Andrew with Reliable Claims Adjusting explained the whole process of working with a public adjuster, and ultimately was able to secure funds that should cover all of our needed repairs. We are incredibly gratefulHeidi S.
- Business Description:At Ace Handyman Services, we want to help you love your home. You can expect the best in repair, remodeling, and/or routine maintenance. Our office is locally owned and operated by Nate and Amy Creery. We believe in providing exceptional customer service, fair pricing, and top-notch home maintenance solutions in the Southern Tier. We gladly provide the best quality workmanship in a timely manner. As a commitment to you, we guarantee all of our work and our handymen are bonded and insured for ..Recent Review:I made the phone call on Monday afternoon. A very professional young man was at my home Wednesday morning, and by the mid afternoon it was all fixed and looked like nothing had ever happened to it. I told him he was the answer to an old lady's prayer! The only drawback was the price, but in these times everybody needs to make enough to take care of themselves and their families, and he did spend quite a bit of time on itlinda B.
- Business Description:M.O.O.S.E Pro Services is locally owned and operated out of the Elmira, NY area. I pride myself on being detail oriented, professional, reliable, and most importantly affordable! If you have any issues with your appliances in home don't hesitate to reach out! Call us or click for an estimate today! Electrical, Home Appliance repair, Furniture assembly, Landscape, TV mounting, Window cleaning, All handy needs etcRecent Review:He mounted a big screen TV for me and my neighbor. He took his time to assure its done safe and correct. He respecful and professional. And the price is very reasonable. Would highly recommend using Moose Pro servicesCarey O.
- Business Description:15 off any job over 100 dallors with this adRecent Review:Tom arrived within an hour of calling their office. He was polite and attentive. He diagnosed the problem, accessed the drain line from the outside, and used a powered snake to clear the clog. Tom's work was highlighted by his expertise and diligenceBrian W.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plumber articles
If you have a well pump and you’re leaving home for a few days for work or vacation, you may want to turn off not only your pump but also your hot water heater and water supply line. Otherwise, you might come home to an unpleasant surprise.
Draining your water heater may not be the most glamorous household task, but just 30 minutes can extend the life of your heater and reduce energy costs. This guide will show you how to flush and drain your water heater in just a few easy steps.
Find Plumbers in
- Elmira Heights
- Big Flats
- Pine City
- Montour Falls
- Beaver Dams
- Van Etten
- Watkins Glen
- Painted Post
Plumbers in Horseheads
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 4 Seasons Landscaping Inc187 Muzzy Rd
Ithaca, New York
- 4 Seasons Landscaping Inc
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Erickson Building & Design9340 County Rd 142
Interlaken, New York
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Isaac Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.83 Olcott Rd S
BIG FLATS, New York
- Isaac Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.
- Leon VanKurin Building & Remodeling ,LLC44 River Rd
Corning, New York
- Leon VanKurin Building & Remodeling ,LLC
- MBV Mechanical344 E. Franklin St.
Horseheads, New York
- MBV Mechanical
- NATIONAL EXPRESS AUTO TRANSPORT, INC. 7950 NW 53RD ST
- NEWCOMER REMODELING INC8 Elon Pl
Pine City, New York
- Nice Construction213 N Tioga St #6861
Ithaca, New York
- Norb Miller General Contractor129 Elm Rd
Dundee, New York
- Northeast Water Systems, Llc2338 W Kendall Rd
Kendall, New York
- NY REPLACEMENT PARTS CORP16 INDUSTRY ST
Poughkeepsie, New York
- NATIONAL EXPRESS AUTO TRANSPORT, INC.
- PAT COLLINS PLUMBING395 BANNISTER RD
Breesport, New York
- PAT COLLINS PLUMBING
- Schoonover Plumbing & Heating Inc51 E Main St
- SHEESLEY'S SEWER SVC INC1862 Grand Central Ave
Elmira, New York
- Slavin Construction2366 Corning Rd
Elmira, New York
- Standby Power Systems1606 Tanner Ave
Burlington, New Jersey
- Steve's Painting303 S. Franklin St
Watkins Glen, New York
- Struble Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc.37 Walsh Road
Wellsburg, New York
- Swann Construction
Angelica, New York
- Schoonover Plumbing & Heating Inc
- Vanderpool Renovations and services 69 Beaver Pond Rd
- Vanderpool Renovations and services