Sometimes it’s better to start fresh with a new garage and that starts with tearing down the old one. Using this guide, you’ll learn how the cost to tear down a garage depends on a few key factors like square footage and safety precautions.
Get matched with top garage builders in Horseheads, NY
There are 3 highly-rated local garage builders.
Recent Garage Building Reviews in Horseheads
- Norb Miller General ContractorExcellent! Norb was quick to respond to my request and actually visited my house on same day that I requested a quote. I told him I needed it done in 2 weeks and he was able to fit me in - doing most of the work himself. The result was great - professionally done and looks like it has always been there. He brainstormed some issues like moving electrical switches and replacing floor where a vent had been. Price was reasonable. I would recommend Norb for any home project
- Art's Overhead DoorsThese guys were great. The installation went flawless and the guys were on time. I had three overhead doors installed and they looked great. I had a problem with the door (hit the bottom panel with tractor) and they ordered the Panel and it was installed the same week. Great service and highly recommend them. Any issues I had they fixed. Had a spring break two days ago and they came out right on time and fixed it no charge. Thanks guys
- Norb Miller General ContractorIt went well. I was pleased with the cost, the projects were done in an appropriate time frame. The workers were meticulous, and timely.!
- QUALITY SHEDSQuality Sheds sells ready made sheds and provides customization ranging from colors and options to complete reconfiguration of building dimensions and more. I visited their facility and saw more than 20 building types with about 50 variations of those basic designs. Some came close to what I wanted. I spoke with the owner about what I wanted, showed him some sketches and asked if he could modify one of the shed designs to the desired building. He invited me into the office and proceeded to sketch out a more detailed drawing then asked me several questions about available options including windows, cupola, colors, shutters, doors, etc. His questions were very detailed down to which direction I wanted the doors to open and where I wanted the window options to be placed. The process took about 15 minutes and a price was then quoted. I substituted some options, he revised the price and we made an agreement to have the building created, delivered and set up on my property a week later. The shed was delivered on time and the set up completed as promised
- Land Shapes Construction CoGreat experience! They were able to complete everything in less than a week. Showed up every morning between seven and seven thirty and sometimes stayed until 9 at night. Amazing knowledgeable crew too. I'm not an easy person to work for. I did a lot of construction and remodeling in my younger days and I went back over the building with a fine tooth comb after they left. Crowns were all correct number of nails were correct. The framing was spot on. The only problem I had was with our local code inspector that wanted to treat the outdoor hand rail as if it were an indoor handrail next to a wall. I had to pull the New York Code to show him that he was wrong not the builder. I'll be calling them again in the Spring for more work
- Jeremy Sluyter Construction IncThe first time we had difficulty getting him to complete the job. He was supposed to bring top soil in to fill a depression left after removing the back porch. He never came back to finish the job, but since it was small and the depression was forcing water into the basement. I did the work myself. The second time we hired him he used a number of excuses for not showing up, including getting pulled over for no registration on his truck. He would schedule the job then not show up or bother calling us. When he finally did show up he completed the job quickly...so quickly that he failed to reconnect the bathroom sink (drain or supply lines). I just went ahead and completed the job myself. He never quoted the second job, it was minor. After waiting more than 30 days for a bill, he started sending rude text messages to my wife demanding payment. We paid the bill the same day we received the invoice, but that was well after the rude text messages started
- D & J ConstructionThe company was contracted to build a pole barn. The deposit cheque (in the amount of $5,600.00) was cashed in August with the agreement that construction would start in October. The company contacted me in mid October and I was told that there was a delay on the doors and windows and was told they would 'try' to get out. By the end of November I felt it was too late in the year to start the construction so I contacted the company and requested the return of my deposit and said I would contact them the following spring to set a new date. Aside: the only way to contact the company is through a call service. Very few of my phone calls were ever returned. Astonishingly, the company contacted me later in the same day that I requested my deposit be returned and said they wanted to start the job the following Monday, November 28. During that conversation it was agreed that 1) they would set the poles on Monday, November 28, 2) do the framing on Tuesday, November 29 and 3) be finished by the end of the week. I was clear in saying that I did not want any materials delivered until Monday, November 28 as I was out of town and would not be home to receive them. Upon my return home on November 26, I found 20 bags of concrete and 4 pieces of roof vent on my property. On Monday, November 28 the work crew showed up at 7:30 am to begin work. Before permitting the crew to begin, I contacted the company to once again make sure that the job would be completed within the week. By that time I was very unhappy with the excuses and delays and was more than a little concerned that the company would start the job and let me hanging until the spring. The company was unable to assure me that the job would be quickly completed to my satisfaction and I was told by the company that I was 'being a pain' and 'was trying to jerk them around'. They then insisted that the only way they would start the job is if I paid them the remaining two-thirds of the cost before they started. At that point, I once more requested that my deposit be returned. The company owner returned my deposit later that day and we parted ways
- Built Right ConstructionThis barn was to be built for $25,000. There were problems from the beginning. Firstly, Dan (the owner) had trouble securing a building permit. He had let his insurance lapse. Secondly he had delivered trusses that were 4-12 instead of the 6-12 pitch we had agreed to. Since these trusses were within code, I let that pass. We agreed that the $25,000 was to be paid in three drafts. First draft $12,500, second $7,000 when the structure was completely framed up and ready for the concrete floor,and third $5500 when the project was finished. The first draft was paid well in advance of the project begin date of July 9. During the pole setting stage, well before the structure was framed, Dan wanted a $2000 advance claiming a temporary financial hardship. Against my better judgement I advanced him the $2000 to be subtracted from the second draft. He panicked when he realized this was an out of state check and would take a few days to clear. Dan was not happy when I paid him $5000 after the barn was framed. He wanted the full $7000 with the $2000 applied to the final payment. This is how he operates and it is extremely unprofessional. Dan had labor problems throughout the project. Employees would not show up when expected. I helped many days especially during lifting of the trusses and working concrete. There would be days of work and days when no one would show up. I phoned Dan numerous times and he always had reasons why no one was working. Finally, July 31, Dan had the stone (the foundation under the concrete) delivered. But he left the site before the delivery was finished and I was left to pay $813. He told me that just to subtract that from the final payment. Extremely unprofessional! Progress on the barn stopped with the concrete. Everything was completed except for the application of the steel to the roof and sides and installation of the overhead doors and clean-up. For the month of August Dan provided one excuse after another as to why the steel, supposedly ordered late July, had not arrived. Finally,on August 30 I went in person to the vendor's place of business and to talk with the manager as to why the steel had not arrived. He informed me it had arrived, but the check form Built-Right Construction had not been endorsed. I realized my building would be left to the elements and untreated wood (trusses, stringers) would suffer if not soon covered. I purchased the steel ($5900). Dan promised to have a full crew finish the barn in just a few days. One day's work is all I got. Dan was "paying" his crew with unendorsed checks. This included his brother, the only experienced employee, besides Dan. To save my barn I paid his brother and a helper (over $1000 collectively) to apply the remaining steel. I also had to pay $2400 to have two overhead doors installed. I have paid $5000 over the contracted price of $25,000. Do not hire this company. Dan Bean does not enter a job with the idea of being professional, honoring the terms of a contract and finishing a project to the expectations of the client. He is looking to take as much money as he can from a client and doing as little work as possible. He constantly complains of being a small company and having little business experience. Yet he claims to being in business 5 years. He complains of labor problems, but instead of doing much of the work himself he is out bidding for business he has insufficient resources to handle
- Rent An Artisan LLCThis was a horrible experience. Michael was paid in full for his time and materials, yet we got absolutely nothing in return. Nothing he did was usable and he wasted our time and money. He is clearly not able to make cabinets even though he claimed that he was. I consider his claims to all be very dishonest and his workmanship is well below par. His level of craftsmanship may be on the level of making something for outdoors use (a bench, for example). We are very dismayed and definitely were taken advantage of by Michael. We requested a partial refund and Michael stopped corresponding with us
Garage Builders in Horseheads
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and afford..Recent Review:Norb quoted $500.00 to install a new kitchen sink. Then he has an “employee” call saying cost has gone up to $650.00 Would not recommend this company to anyone for anythingMario R.
- Business Description:We are a local family Owned and Operated business looking to fulfill all our customers needs.Recent Review:TLR contracting & Lawn care did a amazing job on my fence. They were their on time and ready to roll everyday!! Tyler was very understanding and met my expectations to the T. I would recommend TLR contracting and lawn care to anyone. I have gotten alot of complements on my fence already, I absolutely love the job they did. If I need anyother work done i will have themShelby B.
- Business Description:We here at Art's Overhead Door have been in business since 1946 keeping a simple philosophy: Our customers are our Business. We take pride in the work and service that we offer but our customer service is what keeps us herRecent Review:These guys were great. The installation went flawless and the guys were on time. I had three overhead doors installed and they looked great. I had a problem with the door (hit the bottom panel with tractor) and they ordered the Panel and it was installed the same week. Great service and highly recommend them. Any issues I had they fixed. Had a spring break two days ago and they came out right on time and fixed it no charge. Thanks guysScott M.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:fully insured, 14 skilled carpenters and roofers, licensed autocad draftingRecent Review:Excellent job on replacing roof on 100+ year old home. Conscientious and dependable. Follows through on projects and makes sure customer is happy. Would gladly use them again.Bennett H.
- Recent Review:Great, couldn't ask for a better job!Dana G.
- Business Description:I am a self run business and I do all of the work myself unless I need to bring another helper for bigger projects.
- Business Description:All work done with attention and care to quality, detail, and aesthetics.Recent Review:This provider did a beautiful job on everything. The doors are beautiful. I love the way the sheetrock and wood was carefully sanded and smoothed for the walls, doors, and ceiling. This was a careful and conscientious execution of what is usually a mundane construction task. I'd say this carpenter converted his construction skills into a craft, and so was able to transform the everyday into something a bit more pleasing. <br /> My only complaint was that some trash from the work was left behind. Although I was disappointed about this fact I would still consider hiring him again, especially if the need was for a fine finish carpenter. <br /Rene R.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage builder articles
If you’ve ever wondered what precisely a pole barn is, you’re about to find out. Not many know the advantages and disadvantages to the cost, construction style, and flexibility of building one on your own or hiring a contractor for the job.
The garage floor supports your vehicle in your home, so when it starts to crack or stain, it’s something you’ll want to address ASAP. Using this guide, you’ll learn about how the cost to replace a garage floor depends on a few key factors.
Find garage builders in
- Elmira Heights
- Big Flats
- Pine City
- Montour Falls
- Beaver Dams
- Van Etten
- Watkins Glen
- Painted Post
garage builders in Horseheads
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Genoa Carwash & Self Storage1024 State Route 34
Genoa, New York
- Genoa Carwash & Self Storage
- Hamilton Building Services1115 State Route 222
CORTLAND, New York
- Handyman Hamilton377 N Van Dorn rd
Ithaca, New York
- Hardick Enterprises, LLC4255 DeCamp Rd
Dundee, New York
- Holley Bros Construction4815 Center St
Campbell, New York
- Homestead Property Services67 Ellicott St
Corning, New York
- Hopgart Construction LLC923 Sing Sing Rd
Horseheads, New York
- Hamilton Building Services
- Independent Installations11 Tioga Street
Waverly, New York
- Independent Installations
- Pat Smith Contracting, LLCPO Box 112
Corning, New York
- Pat Smith Contracting, LLC
- SB Construction56 Bert Little Rd
Lowman, New York
- Severance Construction38 Forest Rd
Massena, New York
- Slavin Construction2366 Corning Rd
Elmira, New York
- Steve's Painting303 S. Franklin St
Watkins Glen, New York
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Swann Construction
Angelica, New York
- SB Construction
- Tripp's & Carroll's Property Maintenance Services18 Kendall Street
Clifton Springs, New York
- Tripp's & Carroll's Property Maintenance Services