Aurora Stone

Founded 2006 • With Angi since December 2008

Aurora Stone provides Custom Stone Services, Millwork, Stairs & Tile including Design; Templating; Fabrication and Installation for Residential and Commercial Projects. We are Master Craftsmen of the trade, becoming successful by combining an extensive technical knowledge with “Old World Tradition”. One Source - All Under One Roof. ******************************************************************************************************************************** Aurora Stone offers 1st Cut Quality, Premium Grade and Exotic Granite, Marble, Travertine, Onyx and Quartzite. Architectural Grade Soapstone. Engineered Stone combining natural beauty and durability. Indoor, climate controlled Premium and Exotic Stone Slab Galleries with over 150 full size slabs. ******************************************************************************************************************************** Aurora Stone is proud to be a Certified Fabricator for caesarstone /concetto, Celador, BioGlass, glass2, HanStone, OKITE/ Pietre Preziose, Chroma/Pental Quartz, Q-Stone, Silestone, Vetrazzo, Viatera, Zodiaq and IceStone! ******************************************************************************************************************************* Aurora Stone implements the most advanced fabrication techniques’; including the use of cutting edge Digital Templating Equipment and CNC Fabrication Machinery to make sure your project is machined to perfection. Our Best Practice’s proudly include the standards set forth by the Marble Institute of America and the Stone Fabricators Alliance. Aurora Stone was founded in 2006 as Northstar Granite. Our Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy still remains the cornerstone of our commitment to doing business with integrity. This Code links our business performance with our core values and draws strict ethical boundaries. We believe this is the proper way to do business. ******************************************************************************************************************************* Aurora Stone thanks our Military for their Service and Sacrifice. We proudly Support Our Troops by offering a 10% Military Discount. This is our way of expressing our sincere appreciation for all who have served honorably or are currently serving in our Armed Forces. We also offer a 10% Discount for individual Law Enforcement, Military, Fire Fighter and Emergency Medical Services personnel. Thank you for your sacrifices and for always being there when we need you. ****************************************************************************************************************************** Aurora Stone thanks our First Responders for your Service and Sacrifice provided by our dedicated Policemen, Firemen, and Emergency Medical Personnel of our country by offering a 10% First Responders Discount. ******************************************************************************************************************* Thank you for your interest in Aurora Stone. We would appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate our passion and expertise in custom-crafting Natural and Engineered Stone to your exact specifications. Please contact us for all your projects. We are here to help! *********************************************************************************************************************************...

P.D. Cowen Hardwoods Inc.

- Harwood , Laminate and floating Commercial Grade Vinyl flooring installation. - Hardwood flooring refinishing and restoration .

NYB Enterprises Hardwood Flooring

Additional DBA - NYB Enterprises.

Treestand Enterprise Inc

Construction company with many talents and many different parts of the construction business

03/09/2016

I visited there showroom and spoke to Sandy, very informative and very professional. There isn't a question that she doesn't have an answer to. She walked us through each step and showed us what type of materials would be used in order to install the countertops.The timing was our most difficult piece to the puzzle and both Sandy and her Husband were able to accommodate. We wanted this project don...

Description of Work
remove and replace old counters and sink.

Category countertops,remodeling

01/20/2016

They did a wonderful job, It was done quickly - counter was installed three days after the measurements were taken. I cool on ? bt more satisfied.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen counter.

Category custom cabinets

06/12/2015

Working with Aurora Stone's owners was a breeze. I had looked at Angie's List last (no idea why!) when I was on the search for countertops to go with our new cabinets. I had estimates from at least 4 other companies in the local area. I was disatisfied with a few company's lack of customer skills and even though they had the product I wanted, I was not comfortable investing $3000-$4000 in a compan...

Description of Work
Template and install of leathered Steel Grey granite in our kitchen to include 4" backsplash. We also received a complimentary Blanco 3-in-1 sink drain. We provided our own sink and faucet but the sink was placed into the granite by Aurora along with the cutout for the faucet.

Category countertops,marble & granite

Thank you for your Service to our country! We are honored your chose Aurora Stone.

03/07/2015

I needed it done in a rush. I didn't think there was enough time for them to get it done, but they finished it faster than I needed. They went way above my expectations. Nice to see some businesses still care about customers.

Description of Work
Installed bathroom countertop.

Category countertops

01/15/2015

Excellent! All work done on time with professional installers. Owner on site through entire job start to finish. Well worth every dollar, so very happy!

Description of Work
Install new granite counters in kitchen

Category countertops,marble & granite

07/11/2014

Love the counter tops! Sandy was so helpful in picking out the counter tops. And the sinks as well! She went above and beyond in helping pick out the perfect bathroom sink. Installing and measuring went very smoothly. Even though our old-style kitchen had a few quirks to be dealt with everything fit perfectly. If we ever need counter tops again, would not hesitate to call them up again.

Description of Work
Installed quartz kitchen / bathroom counter tops and sinks.

04/26/2014

This company is a hidden gem. Once you see their product, it is better than any other granite retail outlets in Syracuse including home depot, lowes, international granite, roma tile, busch products.

Description of Work
Granite countertops for kitchen

Category countertop installation","marble contractor

04/17/2014

I super-shopped my new granite countertops. After all, granite is a huge investment and I've waited forty years to be able to afford it. I visited six granite fabricators in the Syracuse area before I finally realized that I hadn't checked Angie's list. That was the first time Aurora Stone popped up in my search. I called to check on price range and Sandy explained that they price by the job rather than per square foot. I was intrigued so I took my measurements and went to see what they had. Sandy immediately shared her enthusiasm for her work in walking us through the warehouse to look at their beautiful granite slabs while she shared more knowledge of granite than I ever expected to hear. Given Sandy's level of knowledge and experience, as well as the obvious quality of Aurora's granite, I fully expected the price to be well out of my budget. Wrong ! Her pricing was very competitive and was actually below the pricing of every other fabricator I had shopped. Sandy and Tom (the owners) are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their work but, beyond that, they are great people who are completely customer-oriented and dedicated to doing the job right. Concern for customer satisfaction has obviously been shared with their professional, friendly installers who arrive on time, do an amazing job and leave the area clean and beautiful. We have never done business with a vendor the caliber of Aurora Stone and we're SO happy we found them ! If you're looking for granite you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't at least check them out ! One visit is all it will take to convince you that these are the people you want to do business with.

Description of Work
Replaced laminate kitchen countertops and sink with granite countertops and stainless steel sink

Category countertop installation","marble contractor

11/20/2013

Stunning! We shopped quite a few granite places before finding Aurora stone on Angies list (don?t know why I didn't start with Angie?s list first--stupid me). The product is absolutely beautiful. I never realized granite had different grades until Sandy took us through her showroom and saw it with my own eyes--these guys and gals are passionate about their product. Aurora carries stone that's a grade above everywhere else we looked (and we visited 3 other fabricators). Take a look yourself and notice how "crisp" and "in focus" Aurora's slabs are. Plus, the engineer in me likes the idea that they use CNC equipment to cut the stone (computer controlled which is way more precise than a guy with a saw). Additionally, we had experienced great customer service throughout the process, but I was amazed when I called about a minor issue with one of our bathroom sinks and the owners stopped by the next day which was Saturday! Also, don?t let some of the comments on price scare you. Even though we ended up with a much better stone and exceptional service, we still found Aurora?s pricing to be competitive. Be sure to check out River Bordeaux. We put it in one of our bathrooms and our wall niches--it's our favorite!

Description of Work
Aurora is outfitting our entire home with granite during a whole house remodel -- kitchen, baths, laundry and wall niches. We're part way through the process. Our bathrooms and niches are completed and we're waiting on kitchen cabinets to arrive before having the kitchen countertops installed. I'll provide an update when our kitchen is done and hopefully some photos too.

04/02/2013

Sandy spent a great deal of time educating me about how Northstar fabricates and installs their products. She was extremely helpful and patient. There was however a problem with the size of the faucet hole. It was a tiny bit too small. I called Sandy and she sent her guys back to the house to make things right. They were at my house within the hour and the faucet was installed and operation within minutes.

Description of Work
Installed quartz countertops, backsplash and stainless steel sink. They were very professional, prompt and did a great job with the installation.

Category countertop installation

Custom cut and hand polished Natural and Engineered Stone Surfacing. Fabrication & Installation of Countertops, Vanities, Shower and Fireplace surrounds. Custom Handmade & hand forged iron and stainless steels corbels for cantilevered/overhang support as required by the Marble Institute of America. Full CNC fabrication facility. Millwork, Stairs & introducing Tile. Residential and Commercial. WBE Certification pending. Appointments available.

Aurora Stone employees are not licensed plumbers or electricians. These services should be performed by trained and certified skilled individuals.