Master K Contracting

Founded 1996 • With Angi since August 2016

No job is too big! We do it all! Master K Contracting has been around for more than 50 years and with our experience we try to enhance people's imagination. We believe in quality work and craftsmanship. We offer a variety of services for our homeowners looking to transform their home, both inside and out and we do it the best way possible with care and passion. Whether it is a big or small job we value everybody the same. With all improvements, we strive for the best results possible. Call Master K Contracting for all your home improvements needs....

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated

Basement Waterproofing Project

Basement Waterproofing Project

concrete repair
Basement Waterproofing

masonry (28)concrete repair (21)home remodeling (8)interior painting (7)basement waterproofing (7)roofing (6)house painting (5)home builder (5)stamped concrete (4)mudjacking (3)tile installation (3)general contractors (3)

07/22/2021

Manuel R .

Ripon and team did a great job. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom, Remodeling - General, Painting - Interior, Landscaping, Concrete - Leveling/Mudjacking, Concrete - Pouring & Repair

Category concrete repair, landscaping, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, mudjacking

Work Completed On 07/22/2021

05/21/2021

louis C.

The principal owner Ripon and his son Jamal were always available and kept me informed of the progress of work; they did an excellent job in replacing my concrete basement floor and also repairing basement wall; they also repaired cracks in the basement walls; and also installed an addition to the carrier beam. They also replaced my staircase beam/supporting wall . Very professional waterproofing of the basement walls… The work was done on time and at very competitive pricing. I noticed that two weeks later the humidity in the basement was down dramatically - before the construction work the average humidity was about 71%… but After the construction, and for the last two weeks monitoring the humidity, the average humidity was 47%… I was very happy with the work completed by this company that I hired them to replace my sidewalk, which was also done at a very competitive price and within two days after we negotiated. It’s a pleasure working with this company and Jamal.. very sincere and honest.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing, Concrete - Pouring & Repair, Remodeling - Basements, Sidewalk Replsced

Category concrete repair, remodeling, basement waterproofing, mudjacking, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/21/2021

04/07/2021

Annie T.

Master K did a great job on our building. We had our roof redone & patched broken bricks & mortar on the facade of our building. Everything looks great & hopefully we will no longer experience any more leaks in the foreseeable future. They went above & beyond like clearing out bushes or applying extra coats of sealant to make sure its a job well done. They started work when they said they would, we were notified of delays due to weather & given the opportunity to inspect work before they closed out the job. Really good communication through Jamal. Would recommend to anyone needing this kind of work...

Description of Work
Roofing, Building Facade Brick Repair, Cornice Repair

Category contractors, roofing

Work Completed On 04/07/2021

Thank you so muck [Member Name Removed]. It gives me joy reading this. We hope to work with you soon.

11/27/2020

Chris C.

Really excellent work that the team did to waterproof our basement from the outside, on the long side of the house. The work significantly reduced the humidity in our basement. In addition to completing the work on time, the team was exceptionally considerate with our tenants and neighbors. Thank you for your hard work!

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing, Painting - Interior, Concrete - Leveling/Mudjacking, Concrete - Stamped & Decorative, Concrete - Pouring & Repair

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, interior painters, mudjacking, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

11/20/2020

Rona S.

Great, MasterK lived up to my expectations and some

Description of Work
Concrete - Pouring & Repair, Concrete - Stamped & Decorative, Driveways - Concrete, Roofing, Roof Cleaning

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry, roofing, chimney repair, home builders, structural engineer, roof cleaning, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

11/15/2020

J A.

Great work! Workers were punctual and professional

Description of Work
Concrete - Stamped & Decorative, Concrete - Pouring & Repair, Concrete - Leveling/Mudjacking, Remodeling - General

Category concrete repair, remodeling, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 11/15/2020

10/21/2020

Ross C.

They were very professional and did a great job. Actually did more than I expected. There was an issue with the some of the materials that was not their fault but they immediately came back and resolved the issue at no cost. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Roof repaired and waterproofed

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

Thank you soo much [Member Name Removed]. It is was a pleasure working with you sir. We look forward to working with you again soon.

09/21/2020

Lulu F.

Jamal and his team did an excellent job. They came promptly, were courteous, helped us pick the paint color, and completed the job rapidly. They painted the back of the house with two coats, and filled in all the broken bricks. The back of the house looks much better now. They helped us pick the lead for the gutter, and even replaced it when we didn't like the color. They are really a pleasure to work with, and did such a good job that we have already hired them again.

Description of Work
Painting - Exterior, Gutter Repair & Replacement, Masonry

Category gutter repair, masonry, house painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

Thank you so much for being an amazing client. We look forward to working with you soon [Member Name Removed].

03/15/2020

Sylvanna C.

I own a house with a finished basement. During heavy rain, water would come inside through the front of the house basement wall, and down to the floor. I spent time in early morning hours consistently mopping up water from the floor, so that it does not spread throughout the basement. This was a tiresome task. I decided to get my house waterproofed. I interviewed several waterproofing companies. I decided on Master-K. Contracting Company. They try to help me work through other possible solutions rather than the more expensive waterproofing job. We could see that the best solution was to perform the complete job of waterproofing. They explained what is involved in the waterproofing work and why it is important to have it done. They made me feel comfortable and I can trust them with this serious intense work needed to be done on my property. They did not disappoint me. They performed several tasks for me. They performed the waterproof work needed on my house walls. They worked with the state to get the ground markings for the utility lines, before performing any digging. They built new steps to replace the steps that had to be removed in order to complete the wall. They re-built a brick wall to my basement entrance that had loose bricks. They put on a metal cover over my basement door to avoid water from entering in through the edges of the door. They provided me a new drain in my front yard and redirected another drain at the entrance of my front door and connected them to my sewer line. This helped rain not to pile up in my front yard. They laid new concrete in the yard. They work with great integrity. They started the work on 1/27/2020 and ended 2/9/2020. They showed up to work on time each day. Worked the full day and cleaned the property at the end of each day. They covered the work area at the end of each day for safety. They made the property continuously useable as they continued the work. The company continuously communicated with me about the progress of the work. After the work was completed and everything had been cleared, I noticed a minor mistake. I called the company to report it and they immediately scheduled a date and came out to fix it. They also called to check that it was fixed to my satisfaction. After the work was completed, there was several days of consistent rain. I checked my basement and there was no water on the walls or the floor. So it seems that the waterproofing worked. I was not moping floors in the middle of the night. After the work was completed, the company called to ensure that everything was completed and no water issues, especially after the consistent rain we had. I am very pleased with the work performed, and their customer relations. They have pride in their work and care that their customer’s needs are met. I do recommend this company for anyone who may have water issues in their basement.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing, Remodeling - General, Concrete - Pouring & Repair, Masonry

Category concrete repair, masonry, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

Thanks for taking out your precious time. It was a pleasure working with you. Hopefully we can work together in the future again.

10/23/2019

Enver B.

It went great. Very happy with the company. Job well done

Description of Work
Masonry

Category concrete repair, masonry, remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

Thanks a lot for taking out some of your precious time to give us some feedbacks. Hope to work together soon.

09/16/2019

Mohammed P.

The work was done at a great pace and they finished it well before expected time. They were professional, courteous and very understanding. The cost of the whole project was well under budget and I did not have to do any kind of bargain. Their work speaks for their enthusiasm and their professional attitude towards the project. I will highly recommend them for future endevors.

Description of Work
EXTERIOR PAINTING

Category house painters

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

Review for Master K Contracting - 1132 38th St, Brooklyn, NY - 38126039

Thanks a lot Mr.[Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you. We hope to work together again.

05/19/2019

David S.

Master K Contracting were very thorough and professional, and did a great job of communicating throughout the project. They discussed all the aspects of the project thoroughly before work began. They completed all work with attention to detail and checked in regularly to make sure we were happy with the progress of the job. We are very happy with the final product; our new sidewalk looks great. Our basement floor is now level and based on my observation it was carefully constructed. I appreciate Jamal reaching out at all stages of the job. He responded immediately to all texts, and he and his team consistently followed through on what we discussed in our conversations. He also provided a reference for me to contact upon request.

Description of Work
Repair sidewalk and backfill concrete in basement

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 05/18/2019

Review for Master K Contracting - 1132 38th St, Brooklyn, NY - 37882750

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]. Hope to work with you again.

05/09/2019

Tiziana B.

From the moment I requested a quote to the end of the job, Jamal has been very quick to reply and get things moving. They came to assess the work that needed to be done, they explained in detail the scope of the job and in within days they were able start the demo: break up and take out all the wood and pour the concrete . They have great follow up and follow through. Looking forward to a fun summer in my yard! Will be using them for future house repairs and face lift in the future.

Description of Work
Our back yard needed a face lift. As a temp fix wood was applied on-top of the dirt as a platform, but it got rotten quick. We had the tar cemented by master k.

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 05/06/2019

I loved working with you guys and for sure I hope to work with you again [Member Name Removed].

04/30/2019

Aren S.

Ok so this review is LONG overdue (sorry Jamal). This was the first time we have used a contractor and we were a bit nervous (we heard horror stories). We bought a co-op and I had a vision of a spa bathroom. We interviewed a bunch of contractors and my husband and I instantly liked Jamal. He was down to earth, honest, and a stand-up guy. I was hesitant about the estimate, but I have to say you get what you pay for. Jamal was awesome! Jamal listened to all my wants and went with the flow. Jamal and the crew were polite and worked every day. When there was a glitch, I was not afraid to call Jamal and tell him. He would show up and fix the problem immediately. Jamal was ALWAYS available to talk. The finished product was more than I could have asked for. We will be hiring Jamal when it is time to redo the kitchen!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeling

Category contractors, ceramic tile, masonry, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/26/2019

Thanks for everything [Member Name Removed]. See you soon!!!

08/01/2018

Antonio N.

Ripon, the owner, and his workers accomplished all tasks in outstanding manner and ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
Brick pointing, waterproofing. Power wash house and remove extraneous paint. Paint wrought iron fence, doors, window guards; paint window frames, stairs to basement.

Category masonry

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

Review for Master K Contracting - 1132 38th St, Brooklyn, NY - 37285966

Thanks mr [Member Name Removed] for your nice complement. I am great full to make you satisfied my valuable costumer and I always try. Thank You &take Care.

07/28/2018

Guy L.

Eleven working days were allocated for the work. The contractor completed the job timely. The contractor executed all work with precision and skill. The dry well was constructed following the manufacturer's instructions for the 25-yr storm and NYC code. The driveway metal storm pipe was exposed and a small heavily oxidized segment was substituted with PVC pipe. Concrete elevations near the Bilco door were not well estimated. The contractor fixed with additional cement the elevation with good results. Only a small puddle of water is left after rain on one side of the Bilco door. The contractor used the planting area for some phases of the work; removing the ground added, debris left and re-leveling the planting area was not done. The cost of the job was reasonable. The contractor is amicable, well behaved and attentive. The contractor's core crew is versatile and specialists were employed for each phase of the work. I recommend this contractor and I am planning to use Master-K services again.

Description of Work
Work Contract for Back Side of the House Rehabilitation: 1. Remove tree stump from planting area. 2. Excavate the dirt from the back part of the house 18’X6’ deep to waterproof for the foundation wall. 3. Clean the foundation wall with brush and water and after it dries completely, inspect for cracks. Remove deteriorated material, if any and close cracks with hydraulic cement. 4. Waterproof walls with roofing compound and 15# bldg felt. Backfill and compact the ground. 5. Demolish the existing steps in the basement and make new steps using the following system. a. 4 inch concrete foundation b. Make new sidewall with 8 inch cinder block and use #4 steel bars. c. Make 7 new steps 36”X10” using brick face and limestone. d. Waterproof the new walls as in #4. e. Install new Bilco Cellar Cover 51” x 64” provided by owner. 6. Remove the existing concrete and dirt from the backyard and garden as shown in plan.(Aprox:520sft) 7. Remove existing earth retaining wall in backyard and reconstruct, using stones provided by owner, 3 ft. offset from demolished wall, as shown in plan. 8. Construct new dry wells as shown in plans: Install NDS 24” Plastic Storm Water Barrel and connect to catch Basin via PVC pipe. Wrap barrel in geotextile fabric. Sit the barrel bottom in 15” medium size stones also place medium size stones 15” all around the barrel. Follow manufacturer’s instructions. 9. Remove, Store and Reset existing Fence. 10. After excavation of driveway concrete, check the connection of existing catch basin with drain pipe from roof: Clean and install new PVC pipes if connected. If the existing catch basin is not connected to the drain pipe, install new dry well as in #7. Care should be provided during excavation for electrical conduit. 11. Install 2” depth of medium sized stones and compact. Install 4” concrete with wire fabric. 12. Take out the damaged sheetrock from inside the foundation wall (approx.: 6’X10’) install cement board on that place. 13. Remove the existing back entrance door and frame and install new metal door and frame on that place. 14. Metal door, cellar door, NDS 24” Barrel and new retaining wall stones will be supplied by the owner. All other materials and all labor will be supplied by the contractor. All damaged items will be replaced/repaired by the contractor free of charge to the owner. 15. Clean up site at the end of the job.

Category contractors, concrete repair, drywall, masonry, remodeling, basement waterproofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

Thank you for taking time for writing a review.

06/18/2018

Arleen J.

I was very satisfied. They took care of everything in a professional manner.

Description of Work
They did some work on my gutters.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 06/09/2018

Thank you!

06/08/2018

Archie B.

He is a reliable guy! His pricing is very reasonable. The work was excellent and I am very satisfied. I will recommend him and definitely use him, again.

Description of Work
General Remodeling

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/14/2018

thank you. I'm happy to work with you.

06/06/2018

Sarah C.

The quality of work was good to very good. The business side of things (communication, project management, $) was disorganized and frustrating. Also, since we weren’t doing a ‘gut’ reno, there were fixtures and hardware we wanted to keep and re-use so things would be in a coherent style. Ripon either didn’t understand or didn’t care, because he destroyed and/or threw away a bunch of stuff we explicitly said we wanted to save (his argument: but it’s old and ugly). So the upshot is: if you want competently executed construction work, and if the work is all going to be basic, off the shelf, standardized stuff, and you don’t personally have to deal with the business side, go for it.

Description of Work
We purchased an older home that needed some repairs before we moved in. Ripon and his team repaired and rebuilt some interior walls and doors, replaced drop ceilings with drywall, touched up cabinetry, installed new bath fixtures, repaired worn out grout, painted interior walls, installed an exterior support beam, installed vinyl siding on the extension, installed a new roof, repaired some masonry, and replaced two skylights.

Category drywall, masonry, roofing, siding, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/19/2018

thank you and I'm sorry, my guys threw away two light fixtures. thank you and sorry once again

12/22/2017

Marjorie R.

Master K was punctual, his workman were outstanding. Work was done beautifully and on time. Master K removed old concrete and rebuilt an old patio; removed old, unsightly broken concrete in front of our house and replaced it with neatly set fresh concrete. He fixed and grouted old tile work around our bathtub, and removed a 20+ year old exhaust vent in our bathroom and replaced it with an attractive new one. He arrived on time, cleaned up after every job and has a warm, professional manner. When he couldn't find the exact fit for the new vent he went to several different hardware stores to find the right piece. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Masonry, tile work, electricity.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, remodeling

Work Completed On 12/22/2017

thank you and hope to work with you again in the near future.

09/12/2017

George B.

It went well and we are please with the job. The painting and waterproofing came out excellent. Part of the cement work had to be redone at the beginning because it was not square, but Jamal was very understanding and had it corrected by an experienced mason. He answered his phone every time we called which is a strong quality.

Description of Work
Grinding and chipping out loose cement and old caulking, prepare front stoop for waterproofing the inside and priming/painting outside.

Category masonry

Work Completed On 09/12/2017

Review for Master K Contracting - 1132 38th St, Brooklyn, NY - 36224516

thank you I really appreciate it.

07/31/2017

Kevin L.

Ripon was great to work with and was able to handle all our needs and repairs!

Description of Work
driveway and rear patio

Category concrete repair, masonry