Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since January 2013

4.3

1084 Home St.

Bronx, NY 10459

Handy Helpful is under new management as of 01/01/2020 Crew of 5 men. All men are very experienced in small to large repairs and renovation. All service with a smile. All men are respectful and all worker have uniform shirts and Company ID. All work perform has warranty....

09/19/2020

Alice J.

He did a great job, very knowledgeable, he clean up after himself and I'm happy with the service.

Description of Work
He installed a laminate flooring.

Category flooring contractor

06/24/2020

Stephanie N.

Among many other jobs, this company remodeled my kitchen. He was very diligent in his work. Every thing was done carefully and precise. Any issues we came across, there was always a quick solution. I absolutely love my new kitchen. Thank you handy helpers!

Description of Work
Kitchen work, and other things

Category electrician, plastering, home remodeling, doors

04/29/2020

Gloria C.

Very good. A few unforceable setbacks, but quickly resolved by James, who is extremely knowledgeabe and a pro at his craft.

Description of Work
A kitchen and two bathrooms

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

03/09/2020

Tanya W.

I was shown were my problem was in my bathroom and what repairs needed to be done to fix my leakage. Recently I had an electrical problem that caused some of my rooms not to have any lightning. I was shown exactly where my problem was and what needed to be repaired. The work was done in a timely manner and at an reasonable price. I must say I definitely will use this contractor again and would definitely recommend to other people.

Description of Work
I had bathroom plumbing done and I also had electrical work done.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plastering, plumbing, water damage restoration

02/06/2020

angie P.

It went Great. My kitchen renovation had become stressful until I met James from Hany Helpful Honest Home Repairs. He came in and completed my kitchen and it looks Amazing. His knowledge and Professionalism was refreshing. He answered all my questions and educated me along the way. He will be my go to for any home improvement projects in the future and I will certainly refer Handy Helpful to anyone who is looking for Reliable and Professional Contractors.

Description of Work
Flooring, Cabinets Installed, Electrical, Plumbing

Category electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling

08/13/2018

Lisa G.

I had used this company last year for a kitchen leak (went fine but they did not complete the original # of apt's - just fixed the below one). This time I went forward with a bathroom renovation that turned into a disaster! This guy shows up at his leisure and sometimes not at all. He dictates to you about materials etc. What should have been one week to complete had turned into several weeks of sloppiness (paint spots) and unfinished projects as well as damage to my personal furniture..... I had to hire someone else to finish the job and he did it in one day. This company also are not licensed plumbers; they picked up the toilet for floor tile placements and put it back on crooked which caused leaks to the bathroom floor and the downstairs apt.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation - Not a Good Experience

Category concrete repair, handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

09/27/2017

Lisa G.

they did a good job repairing the cracked ceiling

Description of Work
a kitchen leak that went down to the downstairs apt

Category handyman service, water damage restoration

04/03/2017

Michael S.

All bedrooms and living room painted. Not enough time for the rest. Rooms painted were done well.

Description of Work
Painting of 3 bedrooms, kitchen, hallway, and bathroom

03/17/2017

Florence A.

the quality of work is great, the price is fair; however, the timeframe is horrible. someone will come for one or two days and we sometimes may NOT see anyone for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. We would call the company's phone numbers and many times did not get a phone call back.

Description of Work
in our personal home - he completely renovated our bathroom, moved our tub and shower from one location of the bathroom to another, took out our closet to make more space in the bathroom, installed the new sink (we purchased) and new cabinets, moved our toilet and radiator, new wall and floor tiles, fresh paint, new sheetrock, and insulation along with a new ceiling and light fixtures. However, the project was started early December of 2016 and is still not finished when the estimated time was about 3-weeks. The scope of work included the bathroom, hallway, living room and dining room ceiling, floors and walls. at the commercial property - completely gutted the bathroom and started to demolition the wall of the steps leading to the apartment.

Category home remodeling

Handy Helpful first would like to Apologize to our customer. Due to previous contractor on going work that was taken over by the company and new added work. We had so many problems with neighbor calling Department of Building (inspector) on us every time we on site. Previous contractor was dumping debris and trash on the side yard share by both from other sites he work on and create animosity between both Party. Sanitation had given her neighbor so many summons in the thousands. We cleaning out both backyards so we can make amends with neighbor. Everyday when arriving after working for 1 to 2 hrs inspector would show up. We try to work in basement and in the hallway but so much illegal work the previous contractor did work with out permits. Previous contractor illegally excavated foundation attempting to correct also, But not able to complete due to everyday visit from DOB inspector. So we don’t have our company license suspended we walk away. We did complete apartment #1 repairs to walls and ceilings and primer and painting all ceiling & walls and renovated the bathroom. We also did bathroom renovations in your resident. Clean out backyard at commercial property. It was not intentional not to complete the rest of work. Gentlemen running your project is no longer here with this company. I hope in the come year we can come to some kind of agreement. Once again my apologies

03/08/2017

Karen M.

I don't know what I could say good about them. They got my money, but I never got to use them. I found the former owner, Frank, to be very personable and very straightforward with me. Now you don't know who you're going to get. I don't know what their name is now. Something's not right. I would just say, beware of who you're dealing with.

Description of Work
I had an agreement with the original owner but they were sold; he is now just working for them. The contract that I had originally purchased, he was going to honor that. The new people said they would not honor the purchase. So I lost $175.00 twice.

02/25/2017

babette C.

less than 3 months later, things started to fall apart. never returned phone calls. took them to court, won and still have no door on my bathroom . taking them to court again

Description of Work
bathroom renovations

Category contractors, ceramic tile, handyman service, home remodeling

01/19/2017

Dr Joel G.

Guys finished two hours early and would not do anything else beyond what i had originally mentioned Boss man was on the phone most of the time leaving one guy to do most of the job. I was not there to discuss this further cause I had to take dog to vet but colleague said bossman was unresponsive to continue working up to 8 hours. Arrived one and and half hours late 1030 AM started packing up a little after 4:15PM Figuring a total of 8 hours at $429 then 4 hours @$215 and 2 hours at $107. Some one owes me $107 please advise. thanks very much

Description of Work
Touch up painting of office doors windows etc. Told the guys what I wanted and they completed everything I mentioned because I mentioned what I thought would take 8 hours for 2 guys. My estimate was off and there was still two hours left. Boss said they were finished because they did everything I asked. Didn't matter if I had more to do I didn't say so at start not doing more Not quite logical

Category interior painters

12/22/2016

Florence A.

It worked out well. They did a great job and ended up doing more business with them. They were very responsive. They were very friendly. They listened to what we wanted and did exactly what we wanted.

12/22/2016

Steve W.

I've used them before and they were fine, so I'm not sure what happened, but first, he never showed up on the day he was scheduled to, no response to emails, texts, phone calls. Finally called to tell me his grandmother had died. I told him not to worry, it wasn't urgent. No, but I did want to have it done within a few weeks! When I finally got him on the phone after two weeks had gone by, he gave me another appointment. Broke it. Gave me another. Never showed up. Never answered my emails, texts, phone calls. Just blew me off.

Description of Work
Replace old-fashioned closet-vanity-sink with modern standalone bowl sink.

Category handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling

11/14/2016

David E.

Very well. We are happy with the result

Description of Work
Fixed a bunk bed and other odd jobs.

10/31/2016

Steve W.

My wooden kitchen floor needed to be replaced with porcelain tiles. Where another contractor had said it was impossible because the washer and dryer didn't have any wriggle room between them and the counter above them, HHHHR pointed out how the porcelain would be no more raised than the wood floor — and that was correct! Saved me a lot of headache. On time, very friendly, respectful of my space and things. After completion of job, the water into the refrigerator wasn't working. I was told it was because, when the valve was shut off for the job, something happened. I was charged for that. the price was reasonable. Overall, the cost was on the high side, but no more than another contractor estimated for the same project.

Description of Work
Kitchen floor replacement; broken water tube to refrigerator.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing

09/22/2016

babette C.

3 weeks turned into 6 weeks did not complete job never returned

Description of Work
remodel bathroom

Category contractors, ceramic tile, handyman service, house cleaning, remodeling, doors

09/15/2016

Ryon G.

It went extremely well and was much less involved than we had anticipated. Instead of 2 full days, the whole job only took 4 hours. The price for the job was based, however, on the probability that the job would take 2 days. At the end of the job we were a little surprised the price, was not decreased because of the shorter time that the job took. The workers were very courteous and professional though and cleaned up completely after the job.

Description of Work
Repair of 2 pocket doors that were not closing easily on their tracks and placing a grab bar in our shower.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, doors

09/02/2016

Fontaine L.

It took longer than expected but James (contractor) followed my design and it came out great.

Description of Work
Remodeled Closet into Laundry Room

Category concrete repair, drywall, electrician, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

07/28/2016

Cynthia M.

Did not show and did not call. Worker due betwee 10AM and 11AM. Called at 11;30 and voice mail was full so I could not leave a voice message. I sent a text.

Description of Work
Wine glass rack (2) installed under top of built-in cabinet of 2nd Floor walkup apartment in Yorkville and large shelf (1/2" plywood) cut down-take 4" off front and 6" inches off side. Shelf is installed with four large metal brackets so it has to be taken down and put back up.

07/15/2016

Cynthia H.

They did a good job. They did some painting and they removed a door frame so I could move my bed upstairs.

Description of Work
Handymen

07/15/2016

Margaret S.

I had the job set up. It was supposed to start in May. A team was supposed to come and work for for 4 days. I called the week before and confirmed everything. The morning they were supposed to start, no one showed up. I called and was told that there was a death in his family. I understood, however I asked about if they may be able to replace him as there was still a team to do the work. I was told I would receive a call. I never got a call back. I called back again and told them that I would call one more time and if I got no response I would go to Angie's List. I, again, didn't get a call back. I took hours to pack the apartment up and put items in storage in preparation for the job. On a previous experience, I had to keep calling and eventually emailed him to tell him that I would get a hold of Angie's List if he continued to be non-responsive. He got back to me, within an hour, and I got the same excuse that I got this time as a reason for the delay.

Description of Work
They were supposed to paint everything in my large apartment. They were also supposed to do some patching.

Category drywall, interior painters

07/13/2016

jeffrey R.

It was torture! Daughter was living out of a suitcase because of vacating the apartment.

Description of Work
Was asked to renovate daughter's apartment -- Living area, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. Originally, the job was supposed to take 3-4 weeks but ended up taking 9.5 weeks. After the original job was done, electrical outlets blew out. A/C can't work and air mattress blew out too because of electrical outlet malfunction.

Category remodeling

07/11/2016

Felicita H.

I placed my order 5/23/16. I called him a week later and left a message. James called a few days later with an appointment,that he did not keep nor called. I called Angie's List on 7/14/16 for an explanation, from James, for which he gave none. He was unapologetic of his very unprofessional behavior in this situation.

Description of Work
handyman work. I had hoped to have a doorstop installed, make adjustment to a shade and rehang a bedroom door.

06/14/2016

Lizzette C.

Not good. Very sloppy work done. Made a huge mess in my whole apartment. Ruined my hardwood floors even though I told them to cover the floors. The tile work was horrible. There's no cold water coming out of the faucet. And they ruined the bathroom floor that they installed themselves. Took many months to finish the job. They started in February and finished at the end of May. James kept saying he's coming tomorrow to fix the sloppy work he did and never shows up. Also, he has not returned my apt key. He will not answer his phone. I have not been able to contact anyone else at the company. I wouldn't want any of these people in my apt again.

Description of Work
Remodeled bathroom

Monki Spick and Span Cleaning Services

We specialize in cleaning and disinfecting services, for residential and commercial properties! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Kleenup Restoration Inc

With over 20 years of professional experience, we are here to help you with any and all of your fire and water damage restoration needs!

DCA #2029777
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

We do not service New Jersey, No gas lines, no sewer clean out or snaking waste line, no boiler repairs, no roof repairs.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC

How is Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC overall rated?

Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC is currently rated 4.3 overall out of 5.

What days are Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC open?

Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC is open:

What payment options does Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC provide

Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Does Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC offer free estimates?

No, Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC does not offer free project estimates.

Does Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC offer a senior discount?

Yes, Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC offers a 0% senior discount.

Does Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC offer emergency services?

Yes, Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC?

Yes, Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC offers warranties.

What services does Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC offer?

Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC offers the following services: Interior & exterior door repairs, compounding & tape, priming & painting, floor installation vinyl, ceramic, porcelain tiles, hardwood flooring, wood baseboard molding,casing, crowns, sheetrocking, bathroom and kitchen renovation, apartment renovation, fencing and deck repairs and new decks.

Are there any services Handy Helpful Honest Home RepairsConstruction LLC does not offer?