If your circuit breaker trips every time you turn on your washer or dryer, you may need a dedicated circuit. If electrical systems jargon makes your head spin, read this. Here’s everything you need to know about dedicated circuits and where you might need
Get matched with top Electricians in Omaha, NE
There are 30 highly-rated local electricians.
Recent Electrician Reviews in Omaha
- HSP Construction IncHSP remodeled two guest bathrooms, our kitchen, main bathroom and replaced our deck. We were pleased with the experience and thrilled with the results. The crew was respectful of our home, cleaning up after themselves each day and protecting our walls, banisters, furniture, etc. Communication with HSP was timely, thorough and frequent. We knew each day what tasks were to be performed and by which crew members. Although there weren't many, they handled change requests in stride. Chuck and his team are true professionals. Their attention to detail and "can do" attitude makes them such a pleasure to work with
- HSP Construction IncChuck and his entire team are amazing. They made our basement bar and entertainment area dream a reality. We got everything we asked for and more. The attention to detail is second to none. Already making my ‘plans’ for the next project I have for them.
- Inkd Out ConstructionVery well. I was given options on the fixtures. He also took out a ceiling fan and replaced it with a new ceiling light.
- Bolte ConstructionBill and his team were outstanding! Everyone who worked on our project was on-time, professional and friendly. Bill clearly outlined the process and set expectations about when the work would be done. He kept us informed about what to expect on a daily basis. We are very pleased with the work performed and would hire Bill again
- Bolte ConstructionWork was excellent and above our expectations. We were given an estimate and it was right on target. Workers were very professional and cleaned up after work was finished. I would hire them again.
- HSP Construction IncFacing a near-complete rebuild of our basement room (my man-cave) after some structural and waterproofing work, I wanted to find a company that served as a one-stop shop with experience in big jobs but would treat my small relatively small job as it were just as important. I needed some flooring, framing and drywall and painting. Oh, and maybe some more electrical outlets, because I'm tired of running cords all over the place for the computer, the TV, etc.? And how about running some ethernet cable, too? How about a door to separate the room from the rest of the basement so when the furnace clicks on I don't have to turn up to the TV to hear it? And maybe make it look stylish and up-to-date if we wanted to sell our home someday? All for a reasonable price? And can it be done quickly, I mean, like, fast, because all the stuff in the man-cave is making the rest of the house look cluttered, and it's driving me nuts, and we can't have that! (Oh, while you're at it, can you install a new shower backsplash in the upstairs bathroom? And tear out the old stuff? Oh, there's a sliding glass door and mirror, can you take that out?) And I didn't want the hassle of calling all around town to find people who could do what I wanted done without all the delays. I wanted the convenience of getting all the work from one place. Shrug. Not a lot to ask, right? That's right. That's pretty much the impression I got from Chuck when he came to visit. That's right, the owner of the company came to visit us in person -- TWICE. Once before the structural and waterproof company was done, and then afterward so he could get a better idea of what his crews would be facing. Now, not being an old hand when it came to home remodeling, I pretty much trusted his vision with the final product. He helped me bring out the WOW in what could be this room with some added features I didn't even think about. So Chuck just wanted to upsell me, right? I didn't feel that way. Not when he kept trying to find ways to save money AND make things look amazing. Look, you're going to find a bunch of contractors out there who can claim they can deliver your project 1) on time 2) on budget and 3) by making something unique to what you want. Pick any two, right? Not with HSP. They'll nail all three. Let's add 4) and have patience for a nervous customer who calls the poor office manager asking when the next crew is coming out before the current crew is even finished with their work. That's these folks. They listen, they work with your schedule, and they were definitely patient with me. I'm not saying your man-cave remodel from the cement block walls and slab floor to completion will take just a few weeks as mine did. But I challenge you to find another company that can get tear-down, framing, drywall, flooring (did I mention the vinyl flooring not only looks like stately wood planks and doesn't FEEL like, well, vinyl?) and electric work done as quickly. Oh, yeah, what about that door to block out the furnace roar I mentioned earlier? How about a new painted and stained barn door! That's because having an owner of the company who is just as much an artist as he is a contractor and having everything under one roof helped a LOT. What was I left with when the job was done? A blend between a tech start-up office and a sports bar. Not everything went perfectly well. The drywall crew accidentally busted open a water pipe and ruined a bunch of the ceiling drywall they'd just put in. But character isn't shown when everything goes right; it's when a disaster hits. Were there any delays in the job because of this? No. Any excuses from the crew? Absolutely not. The guys put in some extra hours to make up for the accident and kept the schedule on track. Isn't that what you'd want from a home contractor? If you've gotten this far in this review, you're probably wondering "did HSP pay this guy to make this review"? Nah, they didn't. So let me tell you why I'm writing all this: because I hope your experience in your remodeling is just as great as ours was
- HSP Construction IncThe project went very well although we were interrupted by the beginning of Covid-19. There was still a lot of confusion over necessary precautions at that time. I spoke to the owner, Chuck Leo, and he was willing to do whatever would make us comfortable. We ended up delaying the project after it was half completed. This was an inconvenience for them and us but we needed to be extra careful due to some health concerns. They just completed the remodel with the details listed below. It was a tricky project as we had already put in a new floor, shower/tub, and toilet a few years back, so the plan had to work with that. We wanted to save the lovely Italian floor tiles, if possible, but pieces needed to be added. The plan was to remove a linen closet from the hallway outside the bathroom which essentially took up potential valuable bathroom space. We decided gaining "real estate" in the bathroom was well worth losing that hallway closet. That gave us the opportunity to add a double sink with extra counter space. Another challenge was to add double medicine cabinets into the existing wall which was (weirdly) made out of wood. That also made it more complicated to add light sconces between and on the sides of the two cabinets. HSP rose to every challenge. Rose, the office assistant, the lead carpenter, the plumber, the electrician, and the drywallers were professional and quick to respond to any questions we had. Chuck was super helpful in reviewing some of the choices I made, such as the Moen faucets we had installed. I really appreciated having their help in comparing products as they definitely have the expertise. They had me pick out the cabinets and counter material from A1 Kitchen and Bath in Omaha and that worked out beautifully. A1 took the measurements and created a beautiful built-in for us. I took a piece of the tile with me when I first visited and was able to find the perfect match for the countertop and cabinets/drawers. We feel the end product is beautiful and that the look blends in perfectly with the period of the house. The medicine cabinets are shaped like the awning windows and everything just goes together very well. Patrick, the lead carpenter, did a super job fitting the few extra pieces of the Italian tile I had saved to cover the gap where the linen closet had encroached into the bathroom. You would never know what a crazy design had been replaced with this new look that is what should have always been there. It really was a job well done and I would definitely work with HSP again
- HSP Construction IncWe hired HSP construction to update our powder room bathroom. We wanted to add insulation, drywall, get rid of a window and laundry shoot, fix flooring, plumbing, and add a bath fan and electrical outlet. HSP was able to do it all. Chuck Leo required us to select and pay for our vanity, toilet, mirrors, towel bar, and accessories. They offered to pick large items up at store if they were held under our name. HSP estimated 2 weeks for the job and that's how long it took. Each day they communicated what they were going to work on, when leaving for lunch or the day. They were clean, polite, professional and answered all our questions. We never saw them wasting time on their cell phones or taking extremely long breaks. We were able to email the office for questions or concerns about anything. I was so thankful that the worker tested the bathroom grab bar after installing. He discovered it damaged the wall and would not hold weight. He went to the store to find a better grab bar that worked perfect. Can't imagine how awful that would have been if myself or our handicap parents would have fallen with that grab bar. The workmanship is nicely done. I would highly recommend HSP for your construction project big or small. We will hire them again
- HSP Construction IncChuck and his team are the best! I can not say enough good about the team. They were all very respectful worked was done and they cleaned up after ever days work. At the beginning of the day always did a walk through and discussed with us what was to be completed for that day to make sure color was correct before they started. Also love how they put in their thoughts and did not say what I wanted could not be done. They really know how to think outside the box to get the look that I wanted at a price that I could afford. The finished worked is picture perfect. They are well worth there money! They responded to any questions or concerns promptly. There was no delays which was a big plus because there is no subcontractor they are work for HSP
- Handyman Connection - PhoenixDavid was on-time, friendly, professional and did work in a timely manner. Will definitely use again.
Electricians in Omaha
- Business Description:Specializing in electrical work! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:Bobby B was Very professional and easy to talk to. Work was stellar and in a timely matter. Price was the best out of the 3 quotes others provided. Definitely will hire if I have another project. Recommend!!Tay J.
- Business Description:Urban Electric and Lighting, LLC is a trusted electrician in Omaha, NE. With nearly two decades of experience, we have what it takes to handle all of your commercial or residential electrical needs. Whether you need a panel upgrade or a full fixture replacement, you can rely on us to do the job rightRecent Review:It went great. I had no problems. Tom and Caleb came out and did a great job.Alyssa C.
- Business Description:UNIVERSAL ELECTRIC MIDWEST specializes in Home, Business, Retail, and Commercial mixed use properties. Universal Electric has been serving Omaha and Council Bluffs for over 10 years, delivering personalized attention and unmatched customer satisfactionRecent Review:Two bathroom fans, two guys, $1800 later. Beware of their shopping trips and supply bill. Probably cost me $500 for their time on 3 trips. One before and two during job. Several requests but never received a detailed list of supplies or timeMichael H.
- Business Description:We offer electrical services for residential and commercial customers. Our services range from new installs, remodel work, to troubleshooting any electrical issues you may have. With 20 plus years of electrical industry experience my goal is to provide a quality service at a reasonable price to our customers. We look forward to helping you out with all your electrical needs!Recent Review:He did a great job and he was a wonderful person. He had a fair priceLeonard H.
- Business Description:A-1 United Heating, Air & Electrical was established in 1975. In 1981, Ray Barr, Tom Brummett and Stan Gregory purchased the company with the ambition to become one of the leading heating and air conditioning companies in Omaha. After starting business with only one install technician and one service technician, their dream has been realized after growing into a company with a staff of over 100 people and branching out into all areas of the HVAC business. In 2007 Tom Brummett, retired after 2..Recent Review:They handle scheduling on services at my rental properties. Great with remindersMichelle E.
- Business Description:CP has been providing quality home warranty products since 1998.Recent Review:Thank you so much for all your support with our properties. You are good to your word and provide excellent customer service. You always manage to have someone professional and courteous answer our calls live. We are very satisfied with you and 100% recommendedWalter L.
- Business Description:Bianco Electric is a professional family owned and operated company that offers any electrical service. Residential/Commercial or Remodel/New Construction, we do it all! From something as small as an outlet replacement, hanging fixtures or installing can lighting to as big as installing a brand-new panel or service. When you run into any electrical dilemma you can always trust in us to have the most reliable, respectful electrician to quickly and efficiently meet your every electrical needRecent Review:Excellent! Mike was on time, on budget and very professional! Definitely hire again!ALAN S.
- Business Description:free estimates, Specializing in HVAC repair, Custom decks and minor auto repair By the hour or By the job rates available.Recent Review:Drywall done by his son, not done right. Paid over $10K. They spent our money elsewhere. Never been paid back, Going forward with lawyer. Do not trust!Annie A.
- Business Description:Locally owned and operated for 25 years ServiceOne is your One Simple Solution... With over 90 employees ready to HELP, we are your friends, family and neighbors. Our Residential and Commercial Service Departments employ highly trained technicians, who are licensed, bonded and insured. We guarantee your 100% satisfactionRecent Review:They fixed the furnace instead of us having to go buy a new one. Which saved us about $4,000.00. Our experience was really good. They took the time to explain everything to my husband and gave us a really good price and saved us moneyCindy S.
- Business Description:Hiller Electric has been serving the metro since 1964. We offer all methods of payments. We also offer free residential estimates.Recent Review:Scott came to my house on time and provided me with a quote the following day. The technician Shawn arrived on time as scheduled and resolved all of the job quoted needs. He discovered one other issue and stayed longer to resolve that issue. They charged me an extra $40 and I am overall very happy with the professionalism and quality of workJason R.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful electrician articles
Are you ready if the power suddenly goes out? No matter how long an outage lasts, it nearly always feels stressful and inconvenient. Here are some ways to prepare in advance.
It’s a good idea to know what an electrical inspection covers and how the process works before the electrician arrives. This inspection checklist will help you know the property inside and out before signing on the dotted line.
Find Electricians in
- La Vista
- Boys Town
- Carter Lake
- Council Bluffs
- Cedar Creek
- Fort Calhoun
Electricians in Omaha
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-1 United Heating, Air & Electrical4972 F St
- ABLE ELECTRIC CO3444 S 116TH ST
- Accessible Innovations5062 S 108th St 150
- ACM Heating Cooling and Electrical LLC513 North 27th Street
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Advanced Electrical Services4146 S 89th St Ste 201
- Affordable Fans - The Fan Doctor9 Gumpas Hill Rd
Pelham, New Hampshire
- Ak-Sar-Ben Electric16439 Summit Dr
- Aksarben ARS7070 S 108th St
- Alexander Technical Resources1263 Glenwood Ave SE
- ALL HOME ELECTRIC INCPO Box 451137
- All Wired Up Electricians Omaha6215 South 103rd St.
- Amped Electric139 Brentwood Hgts.
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Ample Electric15939 Martha Cir
West Omaha, Nebraska
- ARK ELECTRIC INC15216 BAUMAN AVE
- Ashdan Construction2242 S 160th St
- A-1 United Heating, Air & Electrical
- B & B ELECTRIC LLC9468 DEWEY CIRCLE
- BELLEVUE ELECTRIC2610 Hancock St
- BELLEVUE VACUUMS2245 FRANKLIN ST
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing14302 C Cir
- Bianco ElectricP.O. Box 45007
- BILL GABLE CARPENTRY INC7105 JOYCE ST
- Bob's Home & Business Repair3004 N 76th St
- Bolte Construction12411 Hickory Rd.
- Boyle Electric3008 Paddock Rd Suite 11C
- Brase Electrical Contracting Corp.4430 South 108th Street
- Bruce Kutler Electric9465 Jones Cir
- Bryant Air Conditioning And Heating Co5401 Cornhusker Hwy
- Burton A/C Heating Plumbing & More5010 F St
- B & B ELECTRIC LLC
- CANON ELECTRIC23301 CARY ST
- Carlson Restoration Inc8626 I St
- Certified Electric Solutions17463 I Street
- CFS Insurance & Notary Services, Inc.3872 State Highway 64 W
- Chase Electric15613 redwood st
- Cherek's Home Repair10224 Weir St
- Choice Electirc1215 Splitt Dr
- CK ELECTRIC LLC17503 Storage Rd
- Classic Contractorsp.o. Box 245
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
- COMMERCIAL ELECTRIC CO1336 N SADDLE CREEK RD
- Complete Appliance Protection Inc1532 NE 96th St Ste A
- Concept Electric Company Inc14502 Grover St.
- Cornhusker Custom Construction 4002 Pacific St
- Crabtree CarpentryPO Box 462
Wilmington, North Carolina
- Crescendo Home Theater Inc9742 Ascot Dr
- Crossroads ElectricP.O. Box 991
- Crusader Construction Company623 S 9th St
- CSE SERVICES6123 HOLMES ST
- CTE ELECTRIC7914 W DODGE RD
- Cummins Central Power10088 S. 136th Street
- CANON ELECTRIC
- D & A REMODELING INC14919 FORT ST
- D Bennett Services544 E 5th St
- D C ELECTRICPO Box 544
- D D Enterprise406 W Westplains Rd 15009 California Circle
- D/C ELECTRIC503 N 1ST ST
Missouri Valley, Iowa
- Danju Home Service5251 S 50th St
- David's Electric1651 N 42nd Street
- Delta Electric872 Little Salt Rd
- Dennis Electric8705 Franklin St
- Doctor Fix It OmahaP.O. Box 30167
- Douglas Renovations
- Du-Rite Electric115 S 204th St
- Durhams Home Improvements3217 Avenue I
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- D & A REMODELING INC
- Echo Electric Supply4325 Gifford Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Electrical Concepts & Solutions2611 S 156th Circle
- Electrical Maintenance Inc5023 Madison St
- Elevated Electronics19379 W St
- Elijah Williams Construction7707 Pine Circle
- Elite Electric2117 Nth 101 CIR
- Express Maintenance12814 S 9th St Apt 315
- Exterior Solutions6624 Blondo St Suite A
- Echo Electric Supply
- G & K Construction LLC18709 Josephine St
- Gage Electrical Contracting, Inc7431 South 189th Street
- GARY ROBERTS ELECTRIC CO1110 S SADDLE CREEK RD
- GATCHELL ELECTRIC8416 N 29TH ST
- Geek Squad - Best Buy3115 Manawa Centre Dr
Council Bluffs, Iowa
- GREAT ELECTRIC2010 Q St
- GREEN RENOVATIONSP.O. Box 305
- GREG PETERSON13524 OAK ST
- GUARDIAN ELECTRIC4140 S 89th St # 200
- G & K Construction LLC
- HAGUE-HOWEY CUSTOM BUILDERS15206 DORCAS CIR
- Haldeman Corporation - HCRemodel & Design11811 I St
- Handyman Joes3706 S 138th St
- Handyman Remodeling22615 Fairview Rd
- HILLER ELECTRIC5404 DAYTON ST
- Holidynamics10048 Scott Circle
- Hopkins Electric LLC10409 S 132nd St
- HSP Construction Inc5762 S 77th St
- HAGUE-HOWEY CUSTOM BUILDERS
- Jack of Trades
- joe fix it llc10509 Rosewater Pkwy
- JOHN CHURCH ELECTRIC CORP8317 GRANT ST
- John'S Honest Home Improvement1808 Anna St
- Johnson Flooring And Handyman Services 2412 N 50th St
- Joshua Bogardus Plumbing & More Inc.13536 County Road 27
- Jack of Trades