Sears Home Services

Founded 2006 • With Angi since September 2011

4900B Craftsman Dr Ste 104

Raleigh, NC 27609

Sears Home Services includes : carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile & grout cleaning, water removal, hardwood floor cleaning, asthma and allergies, air duct cleaning, indoor air quality. Dryer vent cleaning. Additional email - raleigh.nc@searsservices.com

10/23/2018

Joshua S.

Avoid at all costs. I've now taken a total of 6 days off work to have oven repair — either for diagnosis or part replacement. My oven is still broken, and I've been stood up for appointments two days in a row. I will never recommend a Sears Home Warranty contract to anyone. The process has been a nightmare and a waste of money. The last tech called to cancel and said I was selfish for needing him to send someone else (after being stood up two days in a row).

Description of Work
Oven Repair

Category home warranty companies

10/21/2017

Preston W.

Scheduled service for refrigerator repair; received confirmation via email and phone call the night before confirming the service window time; no one called during that service window or showed up to complete the service; contacted the customer support service to see what had happened - the service was never routed to a technician - and they wanted me to reschedule! Never going to happen! And to top it off, they charge a $99 diagnostic fee and then don't show up at all. No wonder Sears is going bankrupt!

Description of Work
Refrigerator ice maker repair.

08/24/2017

TAMMY B.

They sent someone within a half hour.

Description of Work
I use them for home warranty. They sent someone to fix something with my garbage disposal.

Category home warranty companies, drain cleaning

06/07/2017

Jim W.

They did an extremely good job on it. I paid the Sears price, the normal price. It turned out when the guy got into that the dishwasher was warranty. I paid their price to come out and do the prep, just found out all the information and then they submitted it to the company to repair for the repair. Price was superb, because I didn’t pay it. What they did well was everything and something that they didn’t have to do, they didn’t have to searched for warranties, but they did. I’m not sure everybody would have even thought to do that. That is part of their practice. They seem very honest. If they are in business this time next year we’ll get them again.

Description of Work
They repaired a dishwasher for us.

04/10/2017

Daphne I.

Technician was upfront and honest that the repair costs would be more than buying a new machine. Since we've had the machine for almost 12 years, we agreed to replace.

Description of Work
Looked a washing machine to determine what was wrong with it.

02/06/2017

Steven L.

Tech diagnosed issue and replaced a broken thermostat with new part. Checked heating was working correctly and reconnected hose, etc. Service was easy to arrange over the phone, and tech called when close to arrival time. Tech arrived within the expected time frame.

Description of Work
Requested service call to diagnose/repair electric clothes dryer that was not heating.

12/06/2016

Doris H.

Jon, and his trainee (believe his name was Jared), were both great and were willing to take the time to explain what they were doing. They did the primary cleaning from inside the house since I already had the dryer pulled out of the laundry alcove, but they also went to the outside vent to make sure everything was clear and that there was a good air flow after cleaning. They both were very friendly, did a very thorough and professional job. I also bought a device called Lint Alert, which should indicate when the dryer vent is getting clogged again. I only do one or two loads a week and do not plan to have cleaning done as frequently as recommended. The actual cleaning cost ($149) plus $10 trip fee totaled $159 ; the Lint Alert installed was an extra $99, but I'm only listing the cost of the cleaning below. This service is provided by Sears employees and is not sub-contracted. I would highly recommend them, and I definitely plan to use them when I get ready to have my floor vents cleaned.

Description of Work
I needed to have my dryer vent cleaned out, since it was taking forever (sometimes 2 hours) to dry a load of clothes. Also, considering the amount amount of lint they got out, I was very likely in the fire hazard stage.

10/10/2014

DIANE A.

Our tech was a Quincy and he was extremely professional and did an excellent job. He paid special attention to my pet issues and made sure to use products that were appropriate for my house.

Description of Work
Rug cleaning in seven areas.

08/28/2014

Cynthia S.

Called 30 min before arrival. Arrived on time. Inspected rooms to be done. Made suggestions-(politely). Did job quickly and efficiently. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning. Deodorizing for pet.

08/27/2014

Katrina B.

Great experience came early very professional.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning.

08/27/2014

Will B.

David was great and helpful. he took the time to explain the problem. Terrific customer service. David was friendly and intelligent. Sears needs more employees like David.

Description of Work
diagnosed broken board and reprogrammed

Category air duct cleaning

Thank you for using Sears Garage Door! We appreciate your opinion on Angie's list.

08/26/2014

Barbara S.

David arrived on time. I had requested a certain time and I got a call before he came, which allowed me time to get home. Quickly assessed the problem and repaired. Tested until perfect, thoroughly explaining everything.

Description of Work
Garage door opener repaired. They tested it to ensure proper operation, rollers were oiled. Even corrected problem caused by a different company.

Sears Home Services would like to Thank you for using our services. We look forward to doing business with you in the future. Thank you for your feedback on Angie's list. We value your opinion.

08/19/2014

Susan C.

Great service. David showed up early. The install was done quickly and professionally.

Description of Work
Garage door replaced with new.

08/18/2014

Yolanda R.

It went well...The technician was on time, thorough, and courteous.

Description of Work
Carpet Cleaning

08/11/2014

Roland H.

I had a wonderful experience with them. They did a wonderful and excellent job. They were very attentive and they got the job done within the price range that they quoted. I would most definitely use them again in the future if need be.

Description of Work
I used Sears Home Services about a year ago for putting in a roof on my home.

Cynthia B.

They were very prompt, courteous, and very good. The quality was very good. The experience was positive. They were extremely professional.

Description of Work
I used them for their dryer vent cleaning.

Category dryer vent cleaning

Sears Home Services would like to Thank you for your services. We look forward to working with you in the future. We appreciate your feedback on Angie's list. We value you opinion.

Bill F.

You call them because something is wrong with your washer or dryer, and you are already into them with like $125-$150 service call. If I knew somebody who knew how to fix a washer and dryer I would use that one first. We called, and the guy came out and claimed that we needed a part. We had spent $300, and it still didn't work, and he said that the lines needed to be cleaned, and so we had to get another guy to do that, and it was another $100. I just felt trapped. That gave us a year's warranty. The service man is obligated to whatever Sears tells him. He knows that he can buy something for $50, but he has to sell it to you for $150, plus he has to account for his time, and that is just his job.

Description of Work
The dryer wasn't drying.

Elizabeth H.

It was great. I went onto their website, and used an advertized special. They have very good service, in terms of how the scheduling works. When you schedule online, they call you, and they have very good communication about scheduling and checking in. They continue to send the same provider as long as you continue to use their service. As long as the same person works there, they continue to use that person for consistency, which is a nice feature, because you build a relationship, and they know what they are doing. The price seemed comparable to other places.

Description of Work
I had a carpet cleaning service.

Susan M.

The gentleman arrived on time and very professional. I had bought a new garage door opener. After looking at my unit and the existing unit, he stated that I did not need the expensive unit but the universal new one he carries on his truck will work. It did and I could return the one since I didn't need it. Perfect, and could not be more pleased. He stated as a Sears repair person he could do other jobs that I needed as on his list and to contact him. He lives nearby and I was finally happy with Sears. I had poor service with them on my last rider mower repair. So I returned the door opener at Sears and told them of the reason and complimented the worker. The sales person did not appear pleased that the more expensive unit had to be returned. HERE IS THE CATCH. A few weeks later, I called the repair person to have other work done by Sears as their authorized dealer. He informed me that he was no longer allowed to come out to my area and that someone else had to do the work. He was sorry but that was what he was told by his Sears boss- no explanation. You have a good worker, someone that proved himself, fixed a problem, helped save you a little and was very professional. I fail to see the problem. I have no longer used Sears since then and will not in the future because of how he was treated that ultimately this affects me. I have had bad experiences and thought I found someone that can do a job then this. I don't know why someone that I trust for jobs with Sears has to stop in an area close to where he lives only to travel father makes me wonder. He was not far from me so there would be less time loss. Sears did a disservice to me and to their employee when he was transferred in my opinion. No more jobs with them for me. This repair was done in 2013. I spent a long time trying to find a garage repair person, found one, happy then lost him. Not happy.

Description of Work
Garage door repair

Shalondra G.

I was scheduled to have my carpet, chair and ottoman cleaned. The tech came out and told my husband our chair could not be cleaned and did not offer to clean another area if carpet. Sears has a minimum charge to come out so we paid $90 for a 13 x 15 area. The tech could have easily cleaned other rooms with the special they were running but he was lazy. I have had my carpet cleaned by another company better than sears. Service and quality of work not worth it.

Description of Work
Carpet and upholstery cleaning

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Beth E.

It was fine. We were closing on a house that we were buying, and the seller let us come in a few days before closing to have the carpets cleaned. Sears called when they were on their way so our realtor could let them in. We had used Sears for carpet cleaning several times when we lived in Austin, so we had very high expectations. They cleaned and sanitized the carpet, but then called to try to up sell us more services, which drives me crazy. I understand, but this hadn't happened to us with Sears in our previous experiences. We did expect them to comb/rake the carpet when they finished to give it some lift and fluff, but they didn't do that here. In their defense, the carpet was matted and not well cared for. Raking may not have helped it, but we will never know. I can't comment on whether or not they were careful coming in and out, or how they were on a personal level, because we weren't present. Again, they did their job, and they worked with us, calling on their way. The service was fine. We simply had extraordinary service in the past.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

Category carpet cleaners, dryer vent cleaning

Thank you so much for the feedback on Angie's list. It helps us to do a better job in the future. We do hope that you continue to use our cleaning services in the future.

Mary J.

They did an excellent job. I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
Sears cleaned my air ducts an dryer vents.

Category dryer vent cleaning

Thank you for using Sears Home Services. We look forward to doing business with you in the future. Thank you for your feedback on Angie's list. We value your opinion.

Larissa W.

They did a wonderful job. Their representative informed us of the different services that we could use, but wasn't overly pushy. The end result was fantastic and the price was pretty good. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning services

Category carpet cleaners, dryer vent cleaning

Sears Home services want's to Thank you for your feedback on Angie's list. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Esther T.

they were on time, professional and answered all questions we had

Description of Work
annual maintenance check up in washer and dryer

Category appliance repair, dryer vent cleaning

Sears Home Services would like to thank you for your services. We look forward to doing business with you in the future. Thank you for your feedback on Angie's list. We value your opinion.

Robert T.

While it sounds simple, it was not! We had them install a new dryer vent to replace the old one that was torn. Because of some odd angles the builder used in their set up, it was very difficult to get a new vent hose in place. However, it did not seem difficult for Sears , who was able to work around the angle issue and firmly install the new dryer hose.

Description of Work
Did what they said they would do