Are your trees really accidents waiting to happen? Before you're forced to yell "Timber!" learn the eight signs that your trees may not survive winter storms.
Get matched with top tree removal services in Jackson, MS
There are 8 highly-rated local tree removal services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Tree Service Reviews in Jackson
- Patch of Heaven Landscape and Facility MaintenanceMark and his staff did a remarkable job. The limb was in a very difficult location to reach and cut but they accomplished the job and it all looks great. Mark is very courteous and professional. We highly recommend him and will certainly call him again whenever we have another job to be done.
- MS LAWNBOY & HOME FIXER UPPER, LLCNathan did a great job. He is very professional and was able to complete all the work in a timely manner. I will call him again for future projects.
- Taylor's RemodelingExpert clean-up, impeccable service, professional, polite considerate, knowledgeable and efficient. He has a team of people that can do ANYTHING! For example, this time I had a huge tree fall on my fence and a secondary structure. The tree was huge and was in my yard and the neighbors and of course when it fell it exploded leaving pieces everywhere including across the property line. Mr. Taylor, removed all the tree and cleaned up all the debris. He repaired the fence AND removed the tree in one day. There's nothing like having someone that you know you can rely on when your across one of those curve balls that life inevitably throws at us. I am very blessed to have located Mr. Taylor and I owe that to God's mercy and grace and Angie's (List). That's how I found him- and he has been willing to do anything that we need EVEN OVER holiday's!!! There's nothing worse than having something happen over the holiday when everyone else else will not answer. Well Mr. Taylor can help you! And he won't let you down
- MS LAWNBOY & HOME FIXER UPPER, LLCVery professional, they cut the stumps lower than others, after they finished they left the area cleaner than what it was before they started.
- Patch of Heaven Landscape and Facility MaintenanceThese guys were wonderful! They were kind, professional, fair, fast, and honest. It was a big job. Not only did they finish it quickly, but everything exceeded our expectations. We will be hiring them again in the future. Mark has such great attention to detail! He even took time out to show my 5 yo boy a turtle he found. He also trimmed our magnolia in such a way that lil man has stair-stepped branches he can still use for climbing at the bottom. These are the kinds of things that made us feel as though we were more than just another job. They cared about and remembered who lives here and what we want/need
- Dependable Lawn, Tree & Roofing ServiceExcellent work his crew worked in a timely matter and cleaned up after them selves couldn't ask for anything more
- Dependable Lawn, Tree & Roofing ServiceWONDERFUL experience and an amazing man. What ever is needed Corey is there and willing. He has helped with everything from beds, to bushes, to grass and trees. He is always willing to help with what is needed and does an AMAZING job.
- Dependable Lawn, Tree & Roofing ServiceCory's team was professional and courteous. They cut down several trees close to the house with precision and cleaned up behind themselves. Fair pricing also. I was satisfied with their work.
- Dependable Lawn, Tree & Roofing ServiceCorey gave an estimate and provided great service. I used him in the past and when I need another tree cut down, I didn’t think twice. The obvious solution is Dependable Lawn and Tree service. He returns your call promptly and provides great service. His team was in and out in a very short time! Highly recommend
- Dependable Lawn, Tree & Roofing ServiceThey started cutting my grandmother’s grass in 1987 when the owner was just a kid. He has grown it into a business that has kept its customers first. They maintained her property until 2012 when she passed away at 100yrs old and in that 25 years I can say not one time we’re we not happy with the service. If she did not like something they did the owner himself would personally come by and fix it
Last update on June 3, 2022
Tree Service Companies in Jackson
Explore our Solution Center for helpful tree service company articles
Boosting your home’s curb appeal can help your house sell quickly. It just takes cleaning, some lawn maintenance, and staging the outdoor living space.
Inspections are a crucial part of tree care. Tree diseases and other common health issues have telltale signs. Find out how to tell if your tree is healthy.
Find tree removal services in
- Crystal Springs,
tree removal services in Jackson
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Dependable Lawn, Tree & Roofing ServicePO Box 2324
Ridgeland, Mississippi 39158
- Dependable Lawn, Tree & Roofing Service
- Greenlee Tree Service11 Chalhaven Ln
Brandon, Mississippi 39042
- Greenlee Tree Service
- Just Fix It!27103 DV Moran Road
Pass Christian, Mississippi 39571
- Just Fix It!
- Patch of Heaven Landscape and Facility Maintenance2225 Learned Rd
Raymond, Mississippi 39154
- Paul Davis Restoration of Central Mississippi509 Dexter Dr
FLOWOOD, Mississippi 39232
- Patch of Heaven Landscape and Facility Maintenance
- Serene Scapes507 Poplar Springs Road
Florence, Mississippi 39073
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Stephen's Stump and Tree120 Kendalls Cove
Brandon, Mississippi 39042
- Stump Works Stump & Tree Service112 W Golden Ridge Dr
Brandon, Mississippi 39042
- Serene Scapes
- White's Construction1107 Post Dr
Bolton, Mississippi 39041
- White's Construction
Tree service companies that service Jackson
Tree Service FAQ
How much does it cost to remove a tree?
Answer: Typically, tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000. Tree removal costs vary widely based on the number of trees being removed, the height of each tree, the diameter of each tree trunk, and accessibility to the tree. Smaller trees are usually less expensive to remove than larger ones, as are those that are more easily accessible.
Do you need a permit to cut down a tree?
Answer: In many areas, you don’t need a permit to cut down a tree on your own private, residential property. But some municipalities may require tree removal permits for conservation purposes or to comply with local ordinances. When you hire a tree removal pro, they’ll be able to tell you whether you need a permit for your specific tree removal project.
When is a good time to trim trees?
Answer: In most regions, the best time to trim your trees is during the winter months. During the active growing season (spring through fall), trimming your trees can leave them more vulnerable to disease and less likely to thrive. During the winter months, when trees are dormant, trimming them will cause less stress and leave them ready to grow again in the spring.
What is the average cost to cut a tree down?
Answer: Tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000 per tree. Establishing an average cost can be difficult because each tree will be assessed and priced based on factors like height, trunk diameter, and accessibility. In general, smaller trees cost less to remove than larger trees, as do trees that are more accessible.
How much does it cost to service a tree?
Answer: The cost to service a tree is typically between $430 and $1,320. The cost to service a tree depends on several factors, including what exactly you’d like done, the tree’s height, its health, the location of the tree, and local labor costs. The national average cost for tree services is $865. Tree trimming isn’t necessary for all trees but can improve their health and longevity by encouraging new growth.
What is the difference between tree trimming and pruning?
Answer: While tree trimming and tree pruning might appear similar to the untrained eye, they serve different purposes. Tree pruning is used to thin a tree by removing unnecessary or burdensome branches. Tree trimming promotes healthy growth by trimming but not removing branches.