If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Get matched with top moving companies in Jackson, MS
There are 20 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Jackson
- MoveMint - Pack & MoveTop notch locally owned moving service. Fair pricing, great communication, and they handle items with care. Highly recommend to friends, family, and clients I serve in the real estate industry.
- MoveMint - Pack & MoveI could not recommended MoveMint more!! They made a typically stressful day so smooth & easy, and were sure to put all my worries at ease by communicating with me each step of the job. As a single mom, I was not looking forward to having to handle everything myself, but MoveMint made sure we were taken care of in the most respectful, professional way possible. They are the best!
- MoveMint - Pack & MoveMovemint did an absolutely fantastic job helping me move. Trent was very helpful and supportive throughout the entire process. It was all very seamless. I would give these guys 10 stars if I could! Moving can be very stressful and I’m thankful that I hired these smiling faces to make the process so easy for me. I will definitely be using them for any moving needs in the future
- MoveMint - Pack & MoveHad to move all my grandfather’s furniture out of his assisted living facility after he passed. MoveMint was both sensitive to our grief, and moved everything perfectly and tactfully! Such a good choice.
- MoveMint - Pack & MoveThe crew did an incredible job! Everything was over the top professional. They were on time, packed up everything very fast, got us moved into our new home really quick, and didn’t scratch or break anything. Hands down best movers we’ve encountered in any move we’ve done. If/when we move again we will definitely rehire them again
- Carmack Moving & StorageMicheal Brooks was very through and patience in explaining the moving process to me. We was willing to work within my budget to complete the moving process. The driver of the moving truck was very polite and patience. I would highly recommend CarMack moving services to others. Ollie La Rue
- Spyder Moving ServicesThis company was a lifesaver after I had to make other last minute arrangements for moving my stuff up 3 flights of stairs during a pandemic. They were super helpful, kind, and affordable. I will definitely use them again when I move!
- Spyder Moving ServicesExcellent! From first to last. Vlad was an excellent and knowledgeable person to deal with all the details of the move. The actual movers, Cameron and John, were careful, professional, and detail-oriented. These were the best movers I have ever worked with. I would highly recommend and would use again anytime. Thanks, very good company!!! A++++
- Spyder Moving ServicesVlad & Terrance were exceptional. The entire move happened while raining and only a few items got damp. That was amazing. They were polite, professional and extremely easy to work with. I will hire them again.
- Easy Movers IncThe service provided by these two gentleman was beyond excellent. They went out of their way to ensure that I was pleased with every aspect of the move, including how each item was packed and how each item was unloaded and assembled, as appropriate. To top it off, the move came in below the estimate. I would definitely use them again for any future move and would recommend them to anyone looking for professional,efficient, and friendly movers
Movers in Jackson
- Business Description:At MoveMint, we provide our clients with high-quality moving services at competitive rates. We can handle anything from moving out of a small storage unit to large commercial jobs. We offer binding estimates so you don't have to worry about surprise charges. Our experienced staff will walk you through every facet of the move and work diligently to ensure your transition is a smooth one. Give us a call today! Ask us about our military, veteran, police, and first responder discount. www.mo..Recent Review:The crew did an incredible job! Everything was over the top professional. They were on time, packed up everything very fast, got us moved into our new home really quick, and didn’t scratch or break anything. Hands down best movers we’ve encountered in any move we’ve done. If/when we move again we will definitely rehire them againIan M.
- Business Description:Spyder Moving Services company was created in Mississippi and the main purpose of the business is to help move people and businesses forward. Spyder Moving Services is quality oriented, specialty moving company focused on Moving of household items and offices. We offer FREE moving estimates. Local and Long-Distance Moving. Hourly and flat rates. Discounts for Vets, active military, students, and seniors. Moving labor only offered. Quality moving services guaranteed! "We Make Moving BetterRecent Review:It went well except they kept the deposit of $150 and don’t return it even after numerous phone call and emailEe H.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
- Business Description:Hello, this is Patricia Holton, founder and owner of Holton Customized Cleaning. We are a small family oriented cleaning service dedicated to cleaning residential homes, commercial, carpet cleaning, window washing (in and out) , pressure washing, yard work, and small repairs. Its a group of dedicated men and women serving the Jackson and surrounding area for the last 10+ years. I can personally guarantee you 100% quality and satisfaction. Feel free to give us a callRecent Review:Horrible worse service ever. Some man came out and asked me did I have weed eater string😒. He said he was going to the store and never came back. I called the lady that sent him out name Trisha’s and she said she would call back never did and when I called her back she apologized and asked for a second chance and said they would be out the next day (Saturday). I got a call later the same day Friday saying she was outside my house no call letting me know or asking me if it’s ok for her and her husband to come by because I was expecting them Saturday. Still haven’t heard from them they never came or called back. Rude and very unprofessionaMelanie C.
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for SnowbirdsRecent Review:I was very pleased with the transaction. The setup of the auto pickup was easy with call to National Express Auto Transport. I got an email notification from dispatch letting me know when the car would be picked up at the dealership, and I let the dealership know. I then got the direct phone number for the transporter/driver and setup a time to drop off the car on the date promised. It was door to door service, and I felt that the driver took good care of my car. I was very pleased, and would use them againJorge S.
- Business Description:For Long-distance piano & organ moving. We generally do not handle local moving outside of the metro St. Louis, MO area. Local #: (573) 860-6683. Additional emails: General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Sales Manager: email@example.com; Accounting: firstname.lastname@example.org; Dispatch Manager: email@example.com; Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org , In case of emergency contact Russ at 314-568-688Recent Review:The woman in the office who scheduled the move and took care of all the documents was extremely helpful and friendly. My apartment building is very strict and she worked over the weekend to ensure I had the proper COI. The men who delivered my piano were very professional and efficient. I am a petite woman and was alone when they delivered the piano and felt very comfortable with them thereWhitney K.
- Business Description:YOUR CARS JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH ONE STEP. Parker Auto Transport is a small family owned business that takes pride in our customer service. We offer personalized quotes at the best possible rates for each customer. As an owner operator we know what it takes to get your car moved. We serve as your professional, reliable service for auto transports — standard car transports and exotic car transport services. You have come to the right place. We are dependable and reliable! Get ..Recent Review:MJ Parker Auto Transport moved 3 of my cars cross country and I highly recommend them. The transporter appeared to be brand new and the driver communicated very well and was precisely on time. Generally I believe most major transport companies will do a good job moving your cars from point A to B. However it's the really great companies that stand out on the rare occasion that things don't go quite as well as expected. One of our cars had some minor damage when we received it. This is going to happen occasionally with any company that moves a lot of cars. I didn't really know what to expect when I called MJ Parker to report the damage, but I was extremely pleased with their response. There was no hemming and hawing around, they took full responsibility and really did a lot more than I'd anticipated to make things right. I dealt with Rolando and he was truly awesome. He even had one of his drivers, that happened to live in the area I'd relocated to, contact me and helped see me through the repair process. There was no haggling over the repair cost and, once completed, Rolando ensured prompt payment. I am truly impressed with the way MJ Parker handled this incident and believe this reflects highly on their business philosophy and customer focusJOHN L.
- Business Description:Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morse-Moving-Storage/312000244350. See website for other details.
Deals in Jackson for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
You’ve amassed quite the collection of valuables, and you’d like to keep it that way. Boxing up delicate items requires a steady hand and a full-proof plan. Use these tips to learn how to pack fragile items for your next move.
Find moving companies in
- Crystal Springs
moving companies in Jackson
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-Affordable Movers24176 Meaut Rd
Pass Christian, Mississippi
- ABF U-Pack4501 I 55 S
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- Affordable Movers LLC5741 County Cork Rd
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- ALLSTATE MOVING SERVICEPO BOX 321032
- Apex Movers, LLC924 Magnolia Dr N
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- A-Affordable Movers
- Bakers Moving And Housekeeping Services
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- Becky's Cleaning Service1086 Trickhem Bridge Road
- BILLIARD TABLE RECOVERY SERVICE824 W KARN ST
- BYNUM'S PROFESSIONAL CLEANING SERVICE INCPO BOX 2274
- Bakers Moving And Housekeeping Services
- Fast Motion Auto Transport700 Louisiana St. Suite 3950
- Fast Motion Auto Transport
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- JTB Lawncare213 Morrow St
- JTB Lawncare
- keith roofing llc1636 First Ave
- keith roofing llc
- magicfaces1106 Parkway Dr
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Mcguffey Perfektion150 Somerset Dr
- Mighty Strong Movers, LLC105 Richmond Way
- Mississippi Property Preservation269 Allstate Dr
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Mold And Grown MoversP.O. Box 1372
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Morse Moving & Storage10049 Harrison Ste 500
- MoveMint - Pack & Move702 Bay Park Dr
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- My Two Movers®418 Mallard PT
- OCD Cleaning & Organizing5846 Ridgewood Rd D104
- OCD Cleaning & Organizing
- Parker Auto Transport LLC793 N Alma School Rd
- Pearl Storage Center3001 White Blvd
- PODS Moving and Storage302 Priester Dr
- Prime Relocation and UP MiniMovers352 US 41 E
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC555 8th Ave
New York, New York
- Professional Movers5155 Wayneland Drive, Apartment K1
- Parker Auto Transport LLC
- Quick Transfer USA860 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, New York
- Quick Transfer USA
- Senior Transitions of MS157 Dove Cove
- Southern Heritage Transfer & Storage Inc210 Industrial Dr
- Spyder Moving Services602 Adeline St
- STONEGATE DESIGNER DELIVERY, INC11942 Sherman Road
North Hollywood, California
- STORAGE ZONE189 COUNTRY PLACE PKWY
- Senior Transitions of MS
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics