Wood, aluminum, vinyl, wrought iron, and chain-link are all common fence materials. Each material has different privacy, security, and aesthetic qualities. Consider these tips when choosing the best fence for you and your yard.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Jackson, MS
There are 9 highly-rated local fence companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Fence Installation Contractor Reviews in Jackson
- Angell & Co. BuildersWonderful. He and his team were professional and polite. They were timely and did an amazing job with my fencing and deck. I highly recommend him. I found someone I would hire again and will.
- Angell & Co. BuildersAngell and his crew were great. They showed up on time, worked hard and kept the job site clean and orderly. Would recommend them highly and already have a quote for another job.
- Southern Landscape & Land ManagementThey did a wonderful job and the price was more than fair! The owner did a great job communicating and doing the job on time.
- Foster FenceThey did a great and wonderful job. I would highly recommend them. They do everything I want them to do and they provided a reasonable price. They also completed the job in a timely manner.
- Angell & Co. BuildersJob took longer than expected due to unexpected illness of a crew member, but they worked on a Saturday to make sure it was completed and the dog was not left without a fence over the weekend.
- GILL FENCING LLCThey couldn't be beat and they were great. I don't have any fence to put in, but I would definitely use them again.
- Taylor's RemodelingExpert clean-up, impeccable service, professional, polite considerate, knowledgeable and efficient. He has a team of people that can do ANYTHING! For example, this time I had a huge tree fall on my fence and a secondary structure. The tree was huge and was in my yard and the neighbors and of course when it fell it exploded leaving pieces everywhere including across the property line. Mr. Taylor, removed all the tree and cleaned up all the debris. He repaired the fence AND removed the tree in one day. There's nothing like having someone that you know you can rely on when your across one of those curve balls that life inevitably throws at us. I am very blessed to have located Mr. Taylor and I owe that to God's mercy and grace and Angie's (List). That's how I found him- and he has been willing to do anything that we need EVEN OVER holiday's!!! There's nothing worse than having something happen over the holiday when everyone else else will not answer. Well Mr. Taylor can help you! And he won't let you down
- Taylor's RemodelingWe have used Otis twice and he has exceeded out expectations both times. Otis helped us with preparing our house to sell before it went on the market and after it was under contract. I would highly recommend Otis for any home repairs. He is very upfront regarding issues and how he will correct them.
- Taylor's RemodelingMr. Otis is so many things! The first few words that come to mind are: honest, efficient, and trustworthy. A storm came through a knocked over a rather large 10' fence down, he came out, straightened the botched job and reinforced the fence. When I learned he was a man of many talents, I asked for new screens and shutters on my windows, a new commercial door to be installed, an attic pull-down ladder installed and so many other things. Mr. Otis is one of the most respectful and honest men I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I have plenty more asks of him. I will use him again and again
- C A CONSTRUCTIONChris responded promptly to my call for an estimate for fence work. He helped us to determine the most cost effective way to upgrade an old worn out fence. We were able to use the majority of the posts and frame. All boards were taken down and replaced with cedar. Two gates were rebuilt as well. Chris was easy going, courteous, and was obviously wanting to do the best he could. He showed up at the agreed times. Whenever he had to leave for supplies or lunch he left the fence so that the dogs could be let out. He ended up hauling away old fencing and small trees and clippings. Chris is easy to get a hold of and responds quickly. I have to say that it went well over all and we are pleased enough so much so that he will be painting my house in the future
Last update on January 12, 2023
Fence Contractors in Jackson, MS
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fence installation articles
What is chain link fencing, anyway? Chain link fencing has a lot to offer, so consider this option when installing a fence on your property.
If your metal railings need a makeover, wrought iron paint can work wonders. Here’s how to prep and paint your wrought iron railings in five steps.
Find fence companies in
- Crystal Springs,
Fence Companies in Jackson, MS
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- GILL FENCING LLCPO BOX 9583
Jackson, Mississippi 39286
- LRJ & J Construction1230 Raymond Road
Jackson, Mississippi 39212
- Metro Pressure WashingP.O Box 14223
Jackson, Mississippi 39236
- SOUTHERN STATES CONSTRPO BOX 16162
Jackson, Mississippi 39236
- Taylor's Remodeling1226 Morson Road
Jackson, Mississippi 39209
- GILL FENCING LLC
- Bankston Fence Inc7148 I-55 S Frontage Rd
Byram, Mississippi 39272
- Bankston Fence Inc
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
Slocomb, Alabama 36375
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Koehler Homes, Inc. 6005 Powers Ave ste 105
Jacksonville, Florida 32217
- Koehler Homes, Inc.
- MURPHY'S LAWN & LANDSCAPE INC1010 HIGHWAY 471
Brandon, Mississippi 39042
- MURPHY'S LAWN & LANDSCAPE INC
- Overstreet Construction&roofi.g.l.l.c53 Piedmont Rd
Petal, Mississippi 39465
- Overstreet Construction&roofi.g.l.l.c
- The HandyMen426 Bradford Dr
Brandon, Mississippi 39047
- The HandyMen
Fencing contractors that service Jackson
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.