A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Jackson, MO
There are 2 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Jackson
- Bill Bonney Septic Tank & PlumbingVery satisfied with the services provided on multiple visits over last few years from clogged sink to septic tank servicing. Appears very transparent about work being performed and up front about best case-worst case options. Very respectful about surroundings and cleanup after job is done. Does not seem to try and sell unneeded services or materials. Will be keeping as my primary contact for future needs and recommend to everyone
- SOUTHERN SANITARY SYSTEMSGary from Southern Sanitary called early to inform us of his arrival time. Arrived on time. We recently purchased our home and as this was the first time we had our new house septic tank pumped out Gary was very informative about the system and it's condition. He had to find the lid which took him no time at all and then had to dig out the lid area, which was deeper than I would have thought it should have been. He preserved much of the sod for replacement after the clean out. He then proceeded to pump out the tank and explained the tanks properties as I watched. The job was completed to my satisfaction and at the price quoted by the company. We are very happy with their service and I recommend them for this type of service. I have always had a septic system cleaned on a 2 year plan. I will be using Southern Sanitary for this service as well as having a riser installed for future cleanouts
Last update on November 4, 2020
Septic Service Contractors in Jackson, MO
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
An septic tank expert gives Angie's List tips to keep yours operating smoothly.
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Find septic tank services in
- Cape Girardeau,
- Oak Ridge,
- Scott City,
- Marble Hill,
Septic Tank Contractors in Jackson, MO
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bill Bonney Septic Tank & Plumbing3071 County Road 439
Jackson, Missouri 63755
- Bill Bonney Septic Tank & Plumbing
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Haulotte Construction Services22351 Westmoreland Rd
Sedalia, Missouri 65301
- Haulotte Construction Services
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing and Drain Service3994 N 20th St
Ozark, Missouri 65721
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing and Drain Service
Septic tank companies that service Jackson
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.