Live green and save cash: Conserving water, composting and using fewer harsh household chemicals not only helps planet Earth – it’s good for your septic tank.
Get matched with top septic system services in Portage, MI
There are 5 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Portage
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain ServicesPlumbing issue during the week became an urgent need on a Sunday. I called Zimmerman, who answered the phone right away. They referred me to their partner, Roto-Rooter, since my issue sounded like a clogged pipe. Zimmerman called me when they notified a technician and when that person was on their way. The technician, Steven, arrived in less than an hour and was AWESOME. Steven had excellent customer service, was professional, polite, knowledgeable and reassured me that my issue would be identified and solved rapidly, which immediately decreased my anxiety level, since I live alone and had never dealt with this before. He listened to my issues, quickly identified that a pipe was clogged and where the clog was, and in less than 1/2 hr. he had opened the system up. He answered all my questions, teaching me what to watch for, how the system works. He worked efficiently and didn't leave until he was sure that all was working properly. He took special care to keep everything clean, and disinfected as he finished. This was the 1st time I have needed such a service and I would not hesitate to call Zimmerman or Roto-Rooter the next time an issue arises. The whole experience was a positive one from the time I 1st called, which calmed me down during this crisis. Thank you
- NES Septic & PlumbingHe has been my handyman for 20 years he never has let me down! Just recently my water stopped working. He dug up my well and put in a new pump! He is very reliable and can fix just about everything!
- Clean Earth Environmental ContractingThat was really good. They were very good and very quick about it surprisingly because I thought it would take them hours to pump it out and it took them about one hour to get it all down to the bottom. The guy was very informative very much like the Nelson guy telling us exactly what needed to be done and how to prevent it from doing it again. It wasn't as much as I thought it was gonna be. He explained exactly what he was doing and how the septic tank was working and how we could keep it from clogging up in the future. I'd give them A for everything
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain ServicesThey were excellent. They were here on time and did exactly what they said they were going to do. Their price was fair and did a really good job. Everything else about them was good. I would surely use their services in the future too.
- Becker Excavating IncAmazing! We have city water and sewer but since the problem was on our property the city would not do anything. Jim came out dug up the line and found that the person that installed the line did not seal it correctly so a tree roots and grown inside and caused the water back up. He replaced the pipe and sealed it. He then called the city to try to figure out the company that had installed it however they did not have record. He goes above and beyond and the bid was about the same as other companies. We recommended him to friends for their driveways as well and they had the same experience. We now recommend his company to all of our friends / family's
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain ServicesThey were excellent and I would recommend them to anybody. They were here on time, they did exactly what they said they would do, and they did it for exactly what they said it would cost.
- Hardee'S Septic Tank ServiceBill and son assisted in locating the tank, spent hours searching for the tank at no cost to me. Tony followed up the next day with the truck and clean the tank. Tony spent quality time with me, educating me on many things I need to know about septic tanks. When I mentioned I was hearing a gurgling sound after the water drained from my tubs, he suctioned out the sewer lines which cleared a blockage. This little extra service saved me from calling a plumber
- BURROWS SEPTIC SVCThe work went well. Zach from Burrows showed up earl for the appointment. I pretty much knew where the septic tank was located and I helped Zach dig out the lid, which wasn't to deep. Zach pumped the tank down and I helped by spraying the inside with water to help the process. So this was a pretty simple job compared to some but Zach what was needed in a professional manner. There were no spills and I volunteered to replace the sod
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain ServicesThese guys were great. Parents had never had tank pumped so no one knew where it was. They used a camera to find it. Then cleaned and inspected. Very professional and friendly
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain ServicesThe reason I called them was because they had done the service for the previous owner. However, they still charged $40 extra to locate the tank; Other than that, the price was in line with other providers in the area They were timely and neat.
Last update on August 1, 2021
Septic Service Contractors in Portage, MI
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Chicago homeowners with septic systems who perform annual maintenance can avoid costly backups.
While it’s tempting to procrastinate certain home projects and repairs, there are some you really shouldn’t put off. Here are 12 projects you shouldn't avoid any longer.
Find septic tank services in
- Paw Paw,
- Three Rivers,
- East Leroy,
- Hickory Corners,
Septic Tank Contractors in Portage, MI
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Clean Earth Environmental Contracting5189 King Hwy
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49048
- Clean Earth Environmental Contracting
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Experienced Plumbing LLC3715 East Main Street Suite B
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49048
- Experienced Plumbing LLC
- Modern Plumbing Sewer & Drain Contractors6475 E K Ave
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49048
- Modern Plumbing Sewer & Drain Contractors
- NES Septic & Plumbing920 S Constantine St
Three Rivers, Michigan 49093
- NES Septic & Plumbing
- Quality Drain and Plumbing890 Wattles Rd N
Battle Creek, Michigan 49014
- Quality Drain and Plumbing
- Suburban Tank Co6864 Hart Dr
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49009
- Suburban Tank Co
Septic tank companies that service Portage
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.