Even new, high-quality windows can allow noise pollution to enter your home if not correctly installed. Here’s what you need to know about why your new windows are letting in more noise and what you can do to fix the problem.
Get matched with top window treatment in Lancaster, KY
There are 4 highly-rated local window treatment.
Recent Window Treatment Reviews in Lancaster
- Gilkey Windows of Central KYWe had eleven windows replaced. The patio door they were supposed to install was damaged. The company told us about the damage to the door. We still have not had the door installed. I have had to take the initiative to find out when the door will be installed, this is a little disappointing. However, the quality and the prices are excellent. Without the issues with the door it would have perfect
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of LouisvilleAt first all went well. The salesman was nice and I thought we were going to get a great product. The window installation manager came to measure the windows had made a few chauvinist comments, but I let that slide and laughed them off. Then a week or so before they got started on the windows I get notice that they cannot get the shake siding that I had picked out. I decided that I would go with a wood siding that I would have put on later by another contractor. They were to refund me the price of the shake siding which I was told it was expensive when I selected it, but it would up being only $1500. Not as expensive as I was led to believe or I wasn't refunded the full price. Then when they showed up to move the door and install the windows, they were supposed to have a contractor move the plug in the hall. They never scheduled this and I would up having to move the plug myself (here's to hoping the house doesn't catch fire...). The installing crew was very nice. After they left I got to looking and found two major issues. The first was the window that was put in place of the doors that we moved. It came from the "bone yard" and I was told by the salesman that it would be perfect in our older home with five foot windows. It was an awful 3 foot tall and 6 foot wide sliding window that looked like it came out of a drive up liquor store - stuck in a hole that held a set of wood French doors on the front of the house! We asked for 5 foot tall windows, not this atrocity. The second problem was another window that was mounted flush with the inside wall rather than being centered in the casing. Who mounts windows like that - I couldn't hang a blind. I called and complained and was basically told to live with it. I had to get my husband involved and wound up paying another $700 for them to come back out and fix the mess. The salesman knew that the drive up window from the boneyard wouldn't match the rest of the windows. It was even supposed to have grids and didn't. I feel like he was looking for someone to pawn a junk window on. Not to mention that I paid for that junk boneyard window and it was smashed when it was removed on the second go around. So I am out the cost of that window (must have been $6500 based on the cost after the shake was refunded!) plus having to pay more for more windows. And the window installation manager telling me that I should just mount blinds directly on the wall rather than they doing the job correctly and the window being centered in the casing is unacceptable! As far as the sunroom, the installation went well. I have had to have them come out and adjust the doors so that they will lock and they need adjusting again. I believe I may be able to do this. I have noticed that they are sweating though and there are holes drilled in the outside flashing at the bottom like it was mis-drilled and instead of getting a new piece of trim, the installer flipped it over and drilled a second set of holes for the screws. I can already see this filling up with ants and water and leading to bigger problems down the road. I would call and complain - but why bother. After spending nearly 30 grand with these guys, you would think I wouldn't have so many problems or have to deal with their people basically telling me to live with it
Window Treatment Services in Lancaster
- Business Description:Screens of Kentucky is the Authorized Phantom Screen Distributor and an Authorized Sunesta Awnings and Shelters dealer for Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Screens of Kentucky is committed to providing you with the ultimate in retractable solutions and is dedicated to complete customer satisfaction. All personnel have been trained by certified Manufacturer Representatives, ensuring quality workmanship, professionalism, and courteous service. Please call for your personal consultation !Recent Review:Everything went well and Casper was very helpful with many suggestions about color and placement.S D.
- Business Description:Physical Address: 377 E New Circle Rd Lexington, KY 40505 Additional Contact: Jon Interest free financing availableRecent Review:The sales people were very responsive and answered our multiple questions. I particularly appreciated that they sold me on their product and didn’t do pressure sales. The windows were installed without difficulty and they have made our home so much quieter and more well insulatedJennifer W.
- Business Description:Retractableawnings.com is a RETRACTABLE awning industry expert hired by Architects, Landscape Architects, Exterior/Interior Designers and Contractors worldwide on a consulting basis. Retractableawnings.com is a specialty fabricator, distributor & installer of all types of exterior RETRACTABLE sun, rain, wind, bug & snow protection systems including but not limited to: ≡ Retractable folding lateral arm awnings ≡ Retractable patio and deck pergola cover systems ≡ Retractable vertical drop arm a..Recent Review:1 response ,,, waited a month for a visit and quote. Would not give a discount on price for disabled Vet, or Senior .......... Contacted 2 others.. No response.2,Jamie K.
- Business Description:Craftsmen Contractors was founded with the very simple principal that new business is a by product of taking care of our current customers. In other words a happy customer will tell a friend. We understand that training is never ending. As our industry evolves so must we and as a result all of our employees regularly attend internal trainings, industry trainings and certifications, manufacturer seminars and even regular plant tours so that they can truly understand the products that will be g..Recent Review:We signed a contract with Craftsmen to do a small siding job in September 2018 and were told work would begin in 3 weeks and would take 1 day to complete. We did not hear back from them again until I reached out in November, at which time they told us that they would begin work in three weeks time. However, work did not begin for another six weeks (end of December 2018) and was not completed until February 2019. The project took so long to complete part of the construction loan we took out to finance the project was cancelled by the bank. Do not use this company if you want a project completed quickly and not subbed out to another company. There was no project management on this job. They showed up late every time they scheduled to work, not starting work until noon and working until nightfall. We did have a change order on the project but never received an itemized invoice or details on the extra costs as we requested. If I could give zero stars as a review for a company, I would do this for Craftsman ContractorsBethany P.
- Business Description:SelectBlinds.com is the most reviewed, highest rated online window blinds and shades store and we have the 200,000+ reviews to prove it. We offer custom-made window treatments that are competitively priced along with free shipping and a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. Visit our website or contact us for more informationRecent Review:None of the people that were recommended responded.Nancy P.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. Blindsgalore is the DIY-ers choice for the best selection and value in custom window coverings. Blindsgalore's goal is to make home improvement and decorating more affordable by providing easy access to the most comprehensive collection of custom made to order window treatments/window coverings and knowledgeable, friendly customer service professionals. We offer the most comprehensive collection of custom window treatments from Bali, Graber, Comfortex, Good Housekeepi..Recent Review:If I could give zero stars, I would. First, it was taking forever to get my order. When I looked at my order, they somehow had the wrong address (my former address from five years ago), so I contacted them to change the address. They assured me that the address was changed. A couple of weeks later, I was notified via email that my order was delivered but when I checked my front door it wasn't there, so I went to my old address, 30 minutes away and got lucky that the owner was there and had received my order. When I got it home the 3 roller shades that I ordered for side-by-side windows were all 4 inches too big. I followed the online measurement directions which suggested that you add 2 inches per side to your measurements for an outside mount. I should have stayed with my original measurements. When I called, they suggested that I keep an inch on each side. They re-made them, and AGAIN sent them to the wrong address - even after I re-confirmed that they had the right one. Again, I had to go to my old address to look for my delivery. This time, no one was home, so I took a chance and waited in front of their house for a while until someone may come home. Luckily, someone showed up within 90 minutes. This time they had showed up with 2 boxes! They re-made it twice (6 roller shades), all still too big! Due to the global pandemic and for personal reasons, I waited to address the issue. When I finally was able to contact them, I was sent a message that the CSR's supervisor determined that the blinds were made correctly. Therefore, they cannot offer a remake for this order. Their policy states that they will make up to 4 shades if the customer is not completely happy. However, they offered to remake the shades at a discounted price! I will not give them one more penny! Worst service ever! A $500.00 lesson learned - They stole my money and left me with 9 useless roller shades to get rid of. I do not recommend themCarla D.
- Business Description:Luxurious custom-made drapes, swags, valances, panels, roman shades with very low price. Service nation-wide, free shipping to any address in the US and Canada. Please check us out--lots of elegant styles and fabric choices. You can easily install the drapes yourself with our unique easy-mount hardware, save lots of money over high-priced designers, shops and expensive installers! Windows are key components of a room, and selecting the appropriate treatments for them will enrich the desig..Recent Review:We received the drapes as promised and they look absolutely beautiful. We are very satisfied with the quality of the materials and the fitting is perfect. We have installed the drapes ourselves without any problem at all. The draperies gave our dining room a grand new look! Communications with their staffs were quick and easy. I have been looking for window treatments for a long time, including many upscale brands that are much more expensive. All I can say is that I have received a high-end product at a fraction of the cost of what I have to pay at specialty shops. Highly recommended! <br /King C.
- Business Description:Locally trusted marketing specialist helping growing businesses out of Kentucky. I know what it takes in the state of Kentucky to get a business off the ground and flourishing. I also know how difficult it is to find someone to work with for your business that is trust-able and dependable. I have a loyal customer base throughout KY and am looking to expand my services to more small to medium sized businesses. I work one-on-one with my customers on forming a business plan that yields a high re..
- Business Description:We are a high end home improvement company specializing in the highest efficiency replacement windows, vinyl and composite sidings, and entry doors throughout the Midwest.Recent Review:The rep. from TVA analyzed our home and told us what was needed by approved contractors to receive refunds from the TVA. We did receive the cash back refunds quickly and promptly as they had promised. <br /al m.
- Business Description:Circle City Coatings offers custom Powder Coating, Cerakoting, Sandblasting, chemical stripping media blasting We also offer Automotive Window Tinting in all shades. Here at Circle City Coatings We have set the Bar high. We are firm believers in Quality, Quick turn around so your not waiting forever, Customer Care and satisfaction. We are a Small Locally Owned and Operated Business that has been in operation for close to a 1yr. now. The BEST part of it all is our focus to the very thing that ..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window treatment service articles
Estate shutters are extremely durable, energy-efficient window coverings that are optimal if you live in a warm climate. Here’s everything you need to know about their cost, materials, and benefits before you install them in your home.
Buying new or replacement windows is a big decision that affects several different aspects of life in your home. Follow this guide to keep track of everything you need to consider, from security to energy efficiency to installation.
Find window treatment in
- Paint Lick
- Junction City
- Crab Orchard
- Mount Vernon
window treatment in Lancaster
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Blindsgalore5744 Pacific Center Blvd Ste 306
San Diego, California
- Energy One2011 Lake Point Way Suite 201
- Energy One
- Kevin Keeling4233 St. Rt. 339 w
- Kevin Keeling
- WINDO THERMPO Box 405
Hoosick Falls, New York
- WINDO THERM
- YOUR ART & DECOR5710 Ogeechee Rd 200-276
- YOUR ART & DECOR