Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Peoria, IL
There are 10 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Peoria
- BRAD BURGESS CONSTRUCTIONExcellent. Once again Brad came through. We had him add 800sqft to our home last year. This year we had him back to take down 2 inches of plaster and install new drywall. He also leveled up the floor and installed trim. Small project but Brad was awesome to work with again.
- P & W Builders IncBefore you hire them get a lawyer to protect your money, they have been sued 3 times since 2014, with one judgement for over $300,000.00. They did not put all the anchors in the house foundation to secure it, as the IBC 2006 and City of Pekin Illinois calls for. The roof is unlevel and not built to any blueprint. I would not have them build me a doghouse or even hire them. Poor QUALITY House and they do not do as the their contract is written. If you want to see my junk house come by and I'll show you Poor Quality
- Dallman Construction CompanyFor those of you who are looking for some insight on Jeff Moreau and Dallman Construction here goes….. My wife and I have owned property in the Retreat in Glen Haven for about 15 years, and when retirement drew closer we were eager to start building our dream home. We went to the Bank of Colorado where we received a short list of builders the bank would recommend. Dallman Construction was on their list. In the Bank’s interest, they too wanted to be dealing with someone reliable. We drilled 2 wells on our property, but didn’t find any water, so we began looking for vacant land within Estes Park. Land where we would have water and other utilities. On one of our trips to Estes, we made an appointment to meet with Jeff. Originally we had an early morning appointment at his office, only to get a call from Jeff asking if he could move the appointment to 1pm. The reason he explained, was a blacktop driveway was being put in that morning at one of his job sites, and “they only pour blacktop if I am there”. I was disappointed at first, but then my wife told me “you know you have to give him a lot of credit when he says something like that, as he is prioritizing his commitment to that homeowner”. After a few moments I thought to myself “ That’s right, if it were my house and they were pouring blacktop on that day, I would want him there also”, and on to the 1 pm meeting we went. At the meeting Jeff laid out how he oversees the construction. He answered all our questions to our satisfaction without hesitation. He talked about his subs and the reasons he uses them. He also gave us the names and contacts of those who he considers to be the best sources to procure the flooring, cabinets, appliances etc. “Those are the people who know and can help you decide”, he explained. Jeff tells it like it is. If he says that you’re probably going to run into rock during the excavation process you probably will, and we did. He said that up front and never did say anything that wasn’t totally honest, which is a good thing. It wouldn’t be a good relationship if you ended up questioning every detail, even though he would be happy to provide an answer. Near the end of the meeting he said he was never over budget, and had never missed a completion date. Jeff uses fixed pricing when he gives you the cost to build your home. He does that so he can build you the house you want with the amenities that you want. A perfect example is the brand of maintenance free decking called TREX. TREX decking comes in 3 different grades and each grade looks a little different and of course the costs are a little different. We picked out the grade and color we wanted and never had to worry down the road that this would come back as an upgraded cost. Since Jeff uses fixed pricing, when he gives you the total cost of the house it includes everything that you have picked out. That sure is a lot better than having a contractor come back asking for more money because you have picked out a higher grade of material than what he had allowed for in his bid. Been there, done that. That is the reason Jeff is never over budget. He gives you a very detailed list of the cost breakdown for what you have picked out. Some contractors may give you a ballpark cost, and you might think that its cheaper than Jeff, but then after you’ve signed the contract, they come back asking for more money, but its too late, and you either have to settle for something to control costs, or you have to come up with more money. Wouldn’t you want to know EXACTLY what type of building and amenities you are getting? If you do decide to change something along the way, Jeff operates as a professional and uses change orders that provides the cost breakdown associated with the change, so everyone is on the same page and agrees to the change. Jeff said when he gives you the date the house will be completed, you can have the moving truck there on that day. I thought that was a pretty bold statement until he showed us his detailed spreadsheet showing the dates when everything would be installed etc. He told us all of his subs are given the time frame for their work, and Jeff holds them to the timeframe to keep his projects on schedule. He also informed us that all of the subs knew they had to do it right the first time, OR, they would be back to fix it. My wife and I went to look at some of the custom homes built by Jeff, and had a chance to talk to the homeowners. Every single one of them told us we would be in good hands, and the building process was pretty easy. In every home the quality was evident everywhere, from the trim carpenter’s mitre joints and finishing, to the way the tile was installed, etc. It was no wonder they were happy. We started thinking to ourselves, “Could we have a place like this?” When we found a piece of property we were interested in, we contacted Jeff and the architect to see what their impressions were of the property and the possibilities of building our home on that site. They gave us great guidance, and Jeff had contacts he worked with to determine cost estimates for bringing the utilities to the house. This way we knew upfront what these costs would be, no surprises. Once we settled on the property, and the architectural drawing were underway, we went to Jeff’s suppliers and picked out the cabinets, appliances, flooring, tile, fireplace, roofing, windows etc. I must say, all of the years my wife spent researching, planning and designing were starting to pay off. She knew exactly what she wanted. We started going to Jeff’s suppliers, and they all had the same take on his building process. Every one of them said that he was the most organized contractor they knew. They all knew when they had to have the material for Jeff’s team to install. The suppliers were also very knowledgeable as to the products they carried. I usually just sat and watched my wife talk to them about the design etc. The next time we were in town we suggested going out to dinner with his wife. During the course of the evening she said “No one will look out for your money more than Jeff “. I thought that was quite a statement, but then came the first bid for our dream home. It was more than we could afford, and we asked Jeff if he could come up with some items that could be cut and the cost savings involved. About a week later we got a itemized line by line list of ways we could reduce the cost. I don’t know how much time it took Jeff to figure this out, but it was a huge help for my wife and I. We went thru the list, and realized we could live without some things, but overall were getting the house we wanted. We made the changes, signed the papers, and were off and running. Since we did not live in the area, Jeff kept us updated on the progress. We came out after the basement was dug and the forms were up to watch the footings and floors being poured. I remember one day when Jeff called us at home. He said they were getting ready to dig the patio out back, but if he had them dig as the blueprint specified then we would probably end up loosing the small tree AND the rock outcropping that we loved. He gave us some great advice on how to fix the situation and we ended up taking that same amount of concrete and extending the patio in another direction. The fact is, he was there on the job site watching. He knew it was a big item on our list, and called us to sort it out. We came out more often as spring approached, and we started to notice the job site was always clean. We would stop by during the day and talk to the framers and they would have everything out, but when the day was over, everything was stacked up and put away. We would take pictures and send them to friends and they always noticed how clean the work area was. The more they said it, the more we noticed. Once the siding, windows, roof and drywall were up we could really get a sense of the space we created. From the views out the front window to the patio in back, everything was starting to take shape. It was amazing to see everything come together. There is a reason that Jeff is the premier builder in Estes. Jeff is very knowledgeable, knows what he’s talking about, gives straight up answers (even if you don’t want to hear them), has the best subs and suppliers that I have ever met, and builds in the quality. If you ever want to look at a quality home, give Jeff a call. He has built us an amazing place. As my wife has said “ Not many people have a chance to build a home for the way they will use it”. Looking back at this whole process, Jeff built us the exact place we wanted. There isn’t anything that we wish we would have done different. Everything is awesome, and as far as our blacktop driveway goes? Yes, Jeff was here that day also.. If it were Susie and I? We’d hire Jeff….again, no question!! Tom/Susie Kaszynski 610 Devon Drive Estes Par
- BRAD BURGESS CONSTRUCTIONBrad was referred to us by a friend of a friend. My wife and I were trying to get bids on a home addition/remodel. We contacted a dozen contractors, 3 actually showed up. Brad was the only one I feel to take us seriously. He brought out a designer from the lumberyard, who took down our ideas and came back with several options for us, including 3D pictures with color matched siding and roofing. Brad met with us several times with the bids, the bank would only allow us a certain amount, and Brad worked with us very well to make that number happen. After signing the contract, the real work began. Every step of the way, Brad was there, from the day they excavated to the last nail driven. The workmanship is top notch, we are extremely pleased with everything done. it is kind of bittersweet that our project is coming to an end, I really enjoyed working with Brad and Scott. Even though our project wasn't the largest, to us it was everything, and Brad respected that. We simply could not have asked for anything more. We did go over our budget quite a bit, but we got things that were not included in the original bid, and Brad was very very good to us on those additional costs. Those items were things that we chose, additional to the bid upon work. I think we would have came in way under budget had we not splurged on more expensive materials and other items. The results are astounding though, so we are pleased. After it was all said and done, we have doubled the size of our home, all new windows, all new siding (his siding sub is probably the BEST siding installer around), new HVAC, insulation, floor coverings, it's shaping up to be a brand new house. A huge thank you to Helems Siding, Litwiller Excavating, Cordts Heating, Kaiser Electric, and of course, Brad Burgess Construction
- BRAD BURGESS CONSTRUCTIONThey were very easy to work with. They are responsive to suggestions. The workforce is a crew of 3, excluding subs, so it takes a little longer but the quality is worth it. However would not recommend using their electrical sub, Kiaser Electric, terrible, terrible to work with.
- BRAD BURGESS CONSTRUCTIONWe got an estimate from him, and we liked his estimate, and we liked what he said he could do, and so we went with him, and obviously he was referred by other person who worked with him. I would rate him early. The quality of work is good so far. I used him yesterday, and will be using him for the next five months
- BRAD BURGESS CONSTRUCTIONBrad met with me in August to view my plan. He immediately contacted a number of trusted subcontractors and had me prices within a week. We signed a contract and worked with my local bank to move forward. Every step of the way--from working with excavators, plumbers, electricians, Brad has been there and provided a level of comfort and transparency for me. I can't tell you how much anxiety has been relieved when I've seen Brad and his two trusted carpenters, Scott H. and Scott H. on the job. He has kept in contact with me and allowed me a lot of decision-making without my feeling dropped on my head, if you know what I mean. Although I've gone slightly over budget (and I mean a few grand, not ten thousand dollars!), it's been because of my choices, not Brad's skills. He is the best contractor I have found in the area. I would trust him with new home construction, remodels and anything else you need. Don't waste time with a crappy contractor! Your life will be bad. Just call Brad
- BRAD BURGESS CONSTRUCTIONThey did an excellent job. We will be contacting him again shortly to get an addition put on the house.
- BRAD BURGESS CONSTRUCTIONBrad & crew was always on time. Our house is 40 years old & few problems were encountered but Brad always had a solution that worked out to our benefit. He always had great ideas & solutions which helped us. We love our updated main floor & looking forward to working with him redoing the lower level
- BRAD BURGESS CONSTRUCTIONWe met with Brad a couple of times during the project scope process and he was always prompt and enthusiastic with our projects and ideas even though he primarily builds homes , he also does a great job with smaller projects like ours. Brad ensured us we would love his crew and their work ( we were very happy with both). Brad replaced windows and a French Door as well as added a new window including cutting the hole in the wall, all without any issues. The comfort we got from dealing with Brad is that he is genuine and personable, he interacts with the homeowner and treats them as a partner but will not hesitate to guide you away from making a mistake by offering his experience and advice. We have a relatively small but VERY WELL maintained home and Brad and his crews workmanship and pride really showed, everything from his suggestions and daily courteous interaction but even cleaned up daily. Brad was fair with his pricing, didnt try to hide anything or short cut, he simply explains that he does quality work with quality product and is very transparent with his costis. Never once did I hear " that's good enough" Brad always ensured the job was done right with absolutely no short cuts. Having dealt with BAD contractors before I will GLADLY recommend Brad Burgess to any of my friends or family! We are having Brad quote some more work involving the addition of a covered porch, cant wait for this
House Builders in Peoria
- Business Description:Brad Burgess started his business in 1996 after developing his skills as a craftsman in residential home building in Central Illinois. With over 20 years of home building experience, Brad Burgess Construction has attained a reputation for integrity and complete customer satisfactionRecent Review:Excellent. Once again Brad came through. We had him add 800sqft to our home last year. This year we had him back to take down 2 inches of plaster and install new drywall. He also leveled up the floor and installed trim. Small project but Brad was awesome to work with againJoe S.
- Business Description:Bathrooms First Luxury Bath is a Full Bathroom Remodeling Company Located in Central Il. (Peoria) We specialize in One day acrylic showers and tub-to-shower combinations. We offer a wide variety of products including replacement tubs, safety tubs, shower doors, accessories, custom tile and cabinetry. We use all of our own employees to perform the work. Our manufacturers are the leading suppliers in the region. We offer lifetime warranties on all of their products and work. We guarantee the be..Recent Review:We did a complete bathroom remodel back in 2017 and David and his crew did an outstanding job. Very professional, the right price and took extra care as to not dirty up the rest of the house. It is now 2020 and we had a caulking problem and the tub was drain was not holding water when closed. We called and they came all the way to Springfield, IL from Peoria, IL to fix the problems at no charge. When we had the original work done in 2017 David said the work carried a lifetime warranty and you can take him for his word. He backs it all up. I would very highly recommend this company to anyone and I would ever need a remodel done again I would make just one phone call and that would be to Bathrooms First in Peoria, IL Stab CStan C.
- Business Description:We provide residential & commercial remodeling, kitchens, bath, garages, new construction services. Additional DBAs - P & W Builders, Airport Lumber Co. Additional contacts - Nelson Whitehurst, Gene Whitehurst, Bob Wilkes, Joe Menefee, Ben Yount. Additional phones - (309) 697-1106, (309) 692-1500, (309) 697-1106, (309) 697-5700Recent Review:Before you hire them get a lawyer to protect your money, they have been sued 3 times since 2014, with one judgement for over $300,000.00. They did not put all the anchors in the house foundation to secure it, as the IBC 2006 and City of Pekin Illinois calls for. The roof is unlevel and not built to any blueprint. I would not have them build me a doghouse or even hire them. Poor QUALITY House and they do not do as the their contract is written. If you want to see my junk house come by and I'll show you Poor QualityB B.
- Business Description:Free computer drafting with general knowlege of design. I have 30 years experience in building houses. I am familiar with local subcontractors. I can get any job done at a reasonable cost.Recent Review:The work was done properly and when some additional jobs were added, Mr Grant went out of his way to get subcontractor's in to fix the added jobs promptly. I was very happy with the results and would recommend Steven Grant Construction to anyone who needed a prompt quote and a properly done job. He took the extra steps to finish my job within the quote so I stayed on budgetCindy M.
- Business Description:With over 20 years of industry experience, IRC is uniquely qualified to pair homeowners with the right local remodeling company. From bathrooms and decks, to roofing, siding and windows, IRC is your one-stop-shop to get the best value for your upcoming home remodel. Our mission is to save our customers time and money on home improvement by providing an unbiased needs assessment and holding contractors accountable to rigorous quality standardsRecent Review:Great company! Very professional. When my basement flooded they came in and made this stress free for me and handled everything in a timely matter. My basement looks great now and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommendTiffney B.
- Business Description:EXCEPTIONAL ROOFING & SIDING FOR YOUR HOME There are a lot of roofing companies, but our family-owned and operated business set out to provide roofing peace of mind to our customers by doing things a little differently than the competition. Our amazing customer service is one thing that sets us apart, but it’s not the only thing. Ready Roof completes most of our jobs in just one day. We also do what we can to keep our prices competitive without sacrificing quality—and we provide transparen..Recent Review:We had a great experience with Ready Roof (Sean Crowe). We had gotten the run around from a few other contractors, and it was a breath of fresh air to meet Sean. He treated us like family, and all the work was communicated to us clearly. We never got over promised anything, and everything was done when it was supposed to be. Thank you Ready Roof, and Sean CroweKeith M.
- Business Description:Specializing in kitchen & bathroom remodeling, with construction experience dating back to 1985. Servicing Peoria, IL & surrounding areas, along with Naples, FL during winter months. Owner, Joe, is hands-on and the one to finalize all the fine details of your project. We have been Super Service Award winners every year since 2012. Remodeling projects from simple, to the lavish, we've experienced it all and we can help you every step of the way! We offer free estimates and discounts for Angie'..Recent Review:We ended up with our dream kitchen thanks to Joe! It was a tough year for house re-modeling but Joe was patient and remained a consummate professional. We couldn't be happier with the quality of his work.Christopher L.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Whether your tile and stone needs are big or small, interior or exterior, we are here to serve you. Our specialties include kitchen countertops and backsplashes, tile and wood flooring, bathroom vanities, and living room fireplaces. We fabricate and install natural stones such as granite and marble but also work with quartz. Exterior work includes restoring stone homes and building new walls and patios. We also help maintain your surfaces. Do you need your grout refreshed or a shower deep c..Recent Review:Alex was great from start to finish. His work speaks for itself and wastes no time getting you your space back!Lauren & Sean W.
- Business Description:State of IL Licensed Home Inspector with 14+ yrs of hands on construction experience and I have completed over 1,200 home inspections. I treat every house as if i were buying it for my own family.Recent Review:Brandon did a thorough inspection on a property I am purchasing. He was prompt, thorough and honest in his review. He very knowledgeable and the report was easy to review with photos documenting any issues.Yvonne B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- Peoria Heights
- Creve Coeur
- West Peoria
- East Peoria
- Lake Of The Woods
- Germantown Hills
- Hanna City
- Lake Camelot
- Marquette Heights
- North Pekin
home builders in Peoria
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- ABC Construction & Restoration406 Charlotte St
- All In One Property Management205 E. Frye Ave.
- All Things New1408 South 11th Street
- Alliss Construction117 Detweiler
- Aloha Construction Inc470 IL-22
Lake Zurich, Illinois
- Assurance Property Inspections412 Lexington Dr
- Atet Construction Group630 Oak Ct
- ABC Construction & Restoration
- Bathrooms First811 E War Memorial Dr
Peoria Heights, Illinois
- Big Reds carpentry and handyman service 510 W 3rd St
- Bishop Bros Inc2800 W Alta Rd
- BL Atherton Plumbing2200 E. War Memorial
- BLUME CONSTRUCTION LLC111 CLIFFWOOD CT
East Peoria, Illinois
- BRAD BURGESS CONSTRUCTION10610 W Brimfield-Jubilee Rd
- Builders Warehouse812 SW Washington St.
- BURDETT CONSTRUCTION CO4825 N KOERNER RD
- Bathrooms First
- C&B Brothers Construction LLC2518 W Alabaster Ave
- C.T. Gabbert Remodeling & Construction1323 S W Adams
- CARVEY PAINTING & DECORATING3925 East Washington Street
East Peoria, Illinois
- Cbohmdesigns102 Craig Rd
Marquette Heights, Illinois
- Central Contractors Inc223 Meadows Ave
East Peoria, Illinois
- CHRIS RODGERS CONSTRUCTION345 ROOSEVELT
Creve Coeur, Illinois
- Clear Water Construction3917 N. Columbus Ave.
- Cleary Building - Eureka1914 S. Main St.
- Cool Roofs104 S Seventh St
- Cornerstone Builders & Developers Inc6129 W Southport Rd
- cutter construction6098 Angus Ln
- C&B Brothers Construction LLC
- Dan Waibel Designer Builder2914 Alta Ln B
- DANIEL J HEINZ REMODELING INC1729 W LAMONT AVE
- DEAN CUSTOM BUILDERS INC201 S STARR LN
- Design Built Homes LTDp.o. box 3734
- Doc. Kildairs Home Repair1628 glenview dr
East Peoria, Illinois
- DON HOERR & SONS INC2241 W ALTORFER DR
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- Dan Waibel Designer Builder
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- FIRST BUILD ASSOC INC410 JUBILEE LN A
- FIRST BUILD ASSOC INC
- KELLEY CONSTRUCTION201 N. 8th
- Kern Construction And Remodeling LLC301 W 2nd Ave
Deer Creek, Illinois
- Ketcherside Companies3209 W Ann St
- Kitchen & Bath Specialties7041 N Teakwood Ct
- Koch Konstruction25411 Valley View Rd
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Konie Repair & Construction LLC1705 S. Livingston St
- KELLEY CONSTRUCTION
- Orwig Renovation & Design1001 Elder St
- Orwig Renovation & Design
- P & S Construction LLC401 Shady Knolls Dr
East Peoria, Illinois
- P & W Builders Inc6222 W Plank Rd 2
- Pegg Remodeling703 N Sherman St
- Performance Contracting & Home Improvement1020 3rd St
- Phil Schindler & Sons ContractorsPO Box 4172
- PHILIP LAMB BUILDER CO8211 N HALE AVE
- PLUM CREEK BUILDERS611 N 4TH ST
- P & S Construction LLC
- Ready Roof2456 Washington Rd
- Ready Roof
- S&S Automotive665 S 6th Ave
- S.F. Pauli Builders, Inc.3410 N Main St
East Peoria, Illinois
- SAL Construction Services333 S Carol Ave
- Samaritan Family Medical Services5401 N Knoxville Ave Ste 215
- Specialty Home Builders7812 S Glasford Rd
- SPRINGER CONSTRUCTION LLC1815 Copperfield Dr
- STEIDER HOME IMPROVEMENTS125 CAMELIN DR.
- Steven Grant Construction2808 Phillip Pl
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Supreme Construction95 state st
- S&S Automotive
- VANCE CONSTRUCTION320 BUENA VISTA ST
- VANCE CONSTRUCTION
- Zinn Home Inspection Services501 N. Main Street Ste 1
- Zinn Home Inspection Services