For homeowners who struggle to keep up with household those whose health prevents them from doing certain tasks, hiring help with chores around the house can be a huge help. Here are some of the best chores pros can do for you to make life a little easier
Get matched with top handyman services in Peoria, IL
There are 17 highly-rated local handyman services.
Recent Handyman Reviews in Peoria
- Kitchen & Bath SpecialtiesJoe reached out quickly and with the assistance of Alupe, they were able to swiftly install a new lock & snap floor professionally over a poorly tiled/grouted situation. There was a small snafu with the wax ring and leaking water from the toilet to the basement after the floor installation and Joe & Alupe came out immediately to remedy the leak. Joe also patched a hole in our upper level ceiling AND a small hole on the outside of our home. All is well and we will DEFINITELY have them back for future services
- Precise Repair & RemodelThis is the third project with Scott. The first two were bathroom remodels. This one was a kitchen. We asked him to change everything. We kept some cabinets but that was it. New floor, new countertop, added a wine cooler. He created multiple floating wood shelves. Counter to ceiling subway tile. He changed out all drawer and cabinet hinges to soft close and swapped all pulls. He was honest with what was possible and always delivered. He has an eye for detail and we trust him. I’m looking for my fourth project for Scott
- Home Sweet Home Handy ManHe fixed my door great. I then ask him to install a deadbolt on my front door. He is very detailed and a perfectionist and I will always use him
- A To Z Handyman ServiceJeff at A to Z Handyman Services was absolutely fantastic. He came to my home almost immediately after I contacted him and successfully completed the installation within a very short time period. Jeff was knowledgeable, professional and very efficient as he went about completing the towel bar installation task. I would definitely hire Jeff again in the future. He is a very fine gentleman
- Precise Repair & RemodelScott gave us a fair quote and a decent time frame for an entire bathroom remodel. Took an old outdated bathtub to a fresh new walk in tiled shower. He is very easy to work with and easy to talk to when you need help making decisions. He has many years of experience and you can tell. He also stands behind his work so if anything isn’t exactly how you wanted or something happens he will come back, even a month or two later. No questions asked
- Kitchen & Bath Specialtiesresponded quickly to do the job, corrected all problems flawlessly, and charged a modest and fair price. Would recommend !!
- Kitchen & Bath SpecialtiesAfter completing a larger remodeling job for me several months ago, Joe and his assistants returned to fix a couple of other small problems in my kitchen and bathroom. They did the work quickly and efficiently, at a very fair price. I definitely would hire them again and recommend their service highly
- Kitchen & Bath SpecialtiesJoe and Shawn of Contractors + (Kitchen & Bath Specialties) did an excellent job for us. Joe was prompt to come over and evaluate the job and provided a very reasonable bid right away. His company was available to do the work within just a few days from our acceptance of his bid. They installed a new small section of concrete backer board. They even adapted well to our request to use ornate bronze accent tiles as a border in the previous hole in the wall around the new tub spout and valve and used our closest matched new standard ceramic tiles to fill-in the inside of the accent tiled border. The finished product is definitely an improvement over the original old look. They also did a fine job patching the drywall access hole for us in the other side of the wall (other bathroom). We are Very Happy with this company's professional, concise & courteous work. Joe even discounted the final price $20.00 less than his original quote
- Kitchen & Bath SpecialtiesHaving dealt with other contractors previously, I'm more than satisfied with the professionalism and promptness of the company, and Joe's willingness as well to ensure that I was happy with the finished product. I may very well hire, and his people again!
- Kitchen & Bath SpecialtiesI called in a real pinch because the person I originally hired backed out on me at the last second. I was closing on my house in 2 days and had to get the work done. Joe was very gracious and agreed to do the work on super short notice. He was communicative (very important as we live out of town) and let me know when he was there getting it done. I'm very grateful to Joe for squeezing this project in at the last second!!
Handymen in Peoria
- Business Description:Hello neighbors we at David Bell Construction are very thankful for your time and trust and allowing us to come to your home give our best quote for your next professional project. We believe in doing quality work in everything we do. Our most important desire is to satisfy your needs. We have one main objective! That is get the job done and get it done right!Recent Review:Very efficient worker. Reasonably pricedAndrea U.
- Business Description:Mermaid Engineering provides a wide range of simple to complex odd jobs for individuals or groups at residential or commercial locations. We Do NOT DO BUSINESS VIA TEXT. YOU MUST CALL . 305 942 1371 Billed by time and material. chargeRecent Review:Very responsive to our needs and messages.....fixed my drain issue that we could not fix on our own...we will definitely rehire for future projects.Lori K.
- Business Description:Sept 2021 Currently not accepting new projects. Thank you for understandingRecent Review:It is hard to find a trust worthy, good quality and reasonably priced contractor these days. I am fortunate to know Scott. He had done a range of medium size projects for me in the last 10 years, ranging from kitchen back splash installation, Range Hood fan installation, to bathroom shower remodeling. I was always impressed with the work quality and competitive pricing. The latest major job he just finished for me this week is a major master bathroom remodeling, which includes installation a new freestanding tub and new title floor, which requests removal of existing jet tub, installing new title, freestanding tub & faucet, vanity, lights, and mirrors. The whole job took a full two weeks to complete. The work is done on time with excellent quality. Overall quote was competitive to begin with and Scott actually completed the job below cost at the end. Hard to find a good and honest contractor like Scott these daysMengju L.
- Business Description:Quad City Dudes Moving is locally owned and ran by Sandra Crock. Quad City Dudes provides customers with a face to face interaction from the beginning. We provide FREE in home estimates for all our customers. Quad City Dudes Moving provides local moving, long distance moving, packing, piano moving, safe moving, junk removal and much more. Our team of highly trained movers will pad and wrap all your valuables and make your move is stress free. Let our Dudes make your next move! Call 563-4..Recent Review:It was wonderful. The company was very helpful in giving me a price. They made it very easy and smoothly. Those guys were so much fun to work with. I recommended them to my niece.justine c.
- Business Description:Free computer drafting with general knowlege of design. I have 30 years experience in building houses. I am familiar with local subcontractors. I can get any job done at a reasonable cost.Recent Review:The work was done properly and when some additional jobs were added, Mr Grant went out of his way to get subcontractor's in to fix the added jobs promptly. I was very happy with the results and would recommend Steven Grant Construction to anyone who needed a prompt quote and a properly done job. He took the extra steps to finish my job within the quote so I stayed on budgetCindy M.
- Recent Review:They did a wonderful job. They were able to get it done very quickly. Very reasonable prices that i could live with. Overall great professional people. I highly recommend them.tabatha f.
- Business Description:Hello I’m an electrician that’s going to make things work and right never take shortcuts on making things right able to do anything that have to do with wires light fan outlets switches panel boards service upgrades doing all new or making all work agaiRecent Review:He added a dedicated outlet for our microwave hood and reworked some switches that had previously been done wrong. He was greatGilford M.
- Business Description:Mobile welding service including metal, stainless steel, and aluminum. Build custom projects or do repairs. Auto and farm equipment repairs. Can come to you. Can build a fence for you as well.Recent Review:Great job repairing my wooden fence. Prompt and professional. I will use again.Conrad S.
- Business Description:United Freight of America is your all inclusive transport solution. CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE. please include pick up and Drop off locations and vehicle informationRecent Review:Extremely smooth process! Very happy with their service, would def recommend.Adam W.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful handyman service articles
You want the best contractor for your project, so interview several people before hiring anyone. If they ask any of these questions, find someone else.
Weatherstripping your property is an affordable and effective way to reduce your energy bill easily. See how much it costs and how much you can save.
Find handyman services in
- Peoria Heights
- Creve Coeur
- West Peoria
- East Peoria
- Germantown Hills
- Hanna City
- Lake Camelot
- Marquette Heights
- North Pekin
handyman services in Peoria
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A To Z Handyman Service132 N. Indiana
- A-1 Assembly800 Crestview Dr
- A.M. Construction1103 W Nowland Ave
- ABC Construction & Restoration406 Charlotte St
- Acme Handyman Services5527 E. Crews Avenue
- All Around Handyman Svc319 E Elmhurst Ave.
- All Around The House & More3100 N Knoxville Ave Ste 214
- All In One Property Management205 E. Frye Ave.
- Alliss Construction117 Detweiler
- Anthem Restoration & Exteriors, Inc15 E 2nd St
El Paso, Illinois
- Audubon Alliance LLC131 Lincolnshire Dr
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- A To Z Handyman Service
- C&B Brothers Construction LLC2518 W Alabaster Ave
- C&C Elite Properties823 Valley View Cir
- Cambridge Home Improvement97 Van Buren St
- Chores Galore14 Strawberry Lane
- CHRIS RODGERS CONSTRUCTION345 ROOSEVELT
Creve Coeur, Illinois
- Cjbailey Handyman LLC1519 N Knoxville Ave
- Classic Copper Works9443 Cossey Road
- Clean Haven Solutions2905 W Seibold St
- Cook Handyman LLC15501 Furrow Road
- C&B Brothers Construction LLC
- David Bell Construction904 Arcadia Dr
- David S Greving1100 Charlotte St
- Design A Maid Inc219 1/2 Monroe St.
- Designer Concepts Landscape Architecture Inc267 Sherry Ln
East Peoria, Illinois
- Dillman Brothers Contracting Inc3509 N Cunningham Ave
- Diversified Installations 713 N Ashland Ave
- DON HOERR & SONS INC2241 W ALTORFER DR
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- David Bell Construction
- Flooring Installation Services, Inc.5822 W Charleston Ct
- Flooring Installation Services, Inc.
- Gaddy Construction2344 Railsplitter Ave 103 Centennial court
- Go Green Construction Inc.5617 Dorita Ln
- Goodwood & Stone Inc304 New Salem Dr
- Goodwood & Stone, Inc.304 New Salem Dr
- Grethey Construction415 S Mesa Hills Dr Apt 1124
El Paso, Texas
- Groot Tree Service1720 E Miller St
- Gaddy Construction
- HandyMark Home Repairs & Painting1700 El Camino Dr.
- Hanson Handyman Services1507 Hickory Point Rd
- Hiatt Repair and Maintenance 1123 S Maxwell Rd
- Home Sweet Home Handy Man6516 N Ridgefield Ln
- Homepro2415 W Antoinette St
- Homestead quality26083 Liberty Ln
- Honey Do Handyman & Painting Co4008 N University St
- HandyMark Home Repairs & Painting
- improveit Home Pros809 E War Memorial Dr
Peoria Heights, Illinois
- improveit Home Pros
- Make the Changes725 Bloomington Rd
East Peoria, Illinois
- Malcome ConstructionPO Box 111
- Martin Drywall & Painting 7438 N Derby Rd
- Master Movers1511 Coyne Center Rd
- MATTHEW NIXONPO Box 422
- McElhiney Maintenance Repair & Remodel416 Ernest
- Mermaid Engineering2245 Queen Ann St
Merritt Island, Florida
- Messing Construction Co3416 NE Adams St
- mssn services308 Caroline St
- MTL Restoration100 w pearl st lot 35
Farmington I, Illinois
- Make the Changes
- Quad City Dudes Moving5000 TREMONT AVE
- Quad City Dudes Moving
- Rakow Construction & Remodeling1511 Catherine St.
- Remodeling Roo & His Crew203 S Meadowview
- RENOVATION & RESTORATION CO1019 N GARFIELD AVE
- RMG Flooring And Remodeling5109 Longfield Rd
- Rosenberger Construction LLCPO Box 438
- Rakow Construction & Remodeling
- S & S Installers Inc2004 w Albany
- S&S Automotive665 S 6th Ave
- Santina malveaux properties2708 N Rustic Ridge Dr
- Sky Real Estate Services511 W High St
- Stay Dry Basement Waterproofing and Remodeling1354 County Road 1700 N.
- Steven Grant Construction2808 Phillip Pl
- Straight Shooters Hauling Services1019 e cox ave
Peoria Heights, Illinois
- Supreme Construction95 state st
- Surface Link4200 Lafayette Center Drive Suite R
- S & S Installers Inc
- United PM Services1628 Commerce Pkwy Suite A
- United PM Services
- Vance Remodeling and Restoration210 Laurel Ln
East Peoria, Illinois
- Vance Remodeling and Restoration
Handyman Services FAQ
How much do handymen typically charge?
Answer: The average cost to hire a plumber is between $50 - $100 dollars per hour, but you can find qualified individuals who can perform handyman work for less.
How much are typical handyman repair costs?
Answer: The average cost for a repair is between $50 - $100 dollars per hour, but you can find qualified individuals who can perform handyman work for less.
Should handymen be certified or licensed in Peoria, IL?
Answer: Yes. Each state has their own requirements for licensing and certifications handyman. Be sure to check our state licensing tool to review the local handymen guidelines.
What questions should I ask a handyman in Peoria, IL?
Answer: There are several questions or things to know before hiring a handyman to do any work in your home.
Do they have proper licensing?
Do they charge for estimates?
Do they provide references?
How many handymen are in the US
Answer: According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics in May 2017, there are 1,351,210 handymen employed in the US. Their average salary is $19.37 per hour, with an annual wage of $40,280. California has the most handyman (126,420) with Texas (108,470) following just behind. Alaska has the highest average hourly wage at $24.87 per hour.