The location and functionality of your wall will impact price. Most jobs will cost between $939 and $2,697. Walls that are load bearing will cost slightly more.
Get matched with top general contractors in Aurora, IL
There are 173 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Aurora
- Lindholm Roofing IncTom, the Sales Person, was very thorough and took pictures of what needs to be repaired. Craig and Kevin did a wonderful job doing the repairs. They told me it would take 15 days to get on the schedule and they honored that on day 17. I really appreciated it. I would highly recommend them!
- Berg Roofing and Home ImprovementsExcellent from start to finish. Provided detailed quote, let us know a week before work would start, and then started and finished work when expected including clean-up. Highly recommend to others!
- Berg Roofing and Home ImprovementsWonderful! The work was completed in June of 2021. John Oros came for the initial appraisal. We ended up paying a little less than $11,000 for the job. I cannot say enough good things about John and Berg. Above all he was completely honest and forthright. He actually talked us out of replacing some of our other windows saying that it was a waste of money and that the problem was not the windows, but was actually due to issues in the attic. He could have easily said that these windows needed to be replaced and we would have believed him. I really appreciate his honesty. In terms of the work itself, Berg did a wonderful job. The seams were all perfectly caulked. The windows and door were perfectly aligned, and the casing of the garage door frames was perfect. I would have no hesitation in reaching out to John and Berg for any other home repair/improvement needs. Just a great job overall
- Berg Roofing and Home ImprovementsAfter having gotten a lot of bad roofing advice and work over the years It was a real pleasure to work with Berg. Their pricing was competitive and the work done well and promptly. The roofers arrived about 7:30 AM and were all done and gone by 5:00 that afternoon. The whole process was very well organized; they clearly have done this a lot of times. My contact at Berg was Tom Pierce. He’s very knowledgeable and responsive and good to work with. My house looks great now and all the leaks seem to have been banished. Thanks, Berg
- Accurate Painting & RemodelingPete is great! He is open and honest and works with you to find the best solution to whatever problem is at hand. His rates are fair, especially considering the quality of the work. He and his team are professional in all ways and do quality work. They clean up well afterwards too. I highly recommend them for any work you might need
- Fortune RestorationThey were great. The crew was very thorough and explained everything to us. Answered all of our questions and were pleasant to work with. We were nervous to paint our 135 year old brick and they did a tremendous job. No surprises and they stand by their work. Would recommend Pete and team to anyone in need of exterior work. They painted our deck and garage too - which look terrific
- Fortune RestorationThe team was timely, considerate, and professional. They did great quality work and our porches look like new.
- Fortune RestorationUsed the web site to request a review of a chimney issue. The next day they called twice and I had an appointment the next day. Tom came out and let me know I did not need masonry work, just some clean up and a caulk job. Great customer service, quick response, and saving money. Good deal!
- Thermalcraft IncThermalcraft was professional and accommodating in every way. Their crew of 3 did excellent work and completed our job (a two story colonial) in 4 days.
- DRF Water Heating SolutionsThey came the same day I called and replaced all of the pipes, exhaust and water heater. I ordered through Lowe’s and they came out to install. Very nice and seemed knowledgeable. Solid job.
Contractors in Aurora
- Business Description:We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:They were excellent, prompt, neat and pricing was fair. They were thorough and did exactly what I asked them to do. They provided a rendering of the work prior to pricing and doing the actual job.Peggy M.
- Business Description:Specializing in custom trim and cabinet installation for the Chicagoland area. My company focuses on creating the perfect finishing touches for any home (curved arches, wainscoting, breakfast nooks etc). I previously worked in framing, building luxury homes and the past 7 years have o been working with custom wood designs such as trim, installing wood cabinets.Recent Review:He is great and he makes recommendation while working… strongly recommend him!Lilli T.
- Business Description:we take pride on your satisfaction and work with honesty and effort to provide an exceptional service. we are a family business working hard thank you for choosing our work... Su satisfacción es nuestro compromiso nos esforsamos para darte el mejor cervicio gracias por elegir nuestro trabajRecent Review:Quick response and turnaround time. I needed work done quickly and they made it happen.Good work. Was a little messier than I would've liked (clean up afterwards), but it won't stop me from calling again for other jobsA M.
- Business Description:DESIGNfirst Builders is a premier Chicago home remodeling company and all-inclusive design/build firm located in Itasca. We specialize in kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, basement remodeling and basement finishing as well as home additions, room additions and design. Serving all of Chicagoland we have over 100 years combined experience and are dedicated to simplifying the renovation process and building sophisticated spaces that add value to your home or business. We will also build y..Recent Review:A mixed review—great final product, terrible process. We were incredibly upfront about our budget and our priorities. We explained that the contract absolutely needed to come in below $40,000—knowing that there would be change orders and unexpected costs along the way that would likely increase that number. After some back and forth, Matt came back with some options—it came in at $47,000 but then he broke out a few "extras,", we could get it under $40,000. These “extras” were not important to us, so we were thrilled! I was out of the country at the time, but Matt told my wife that we needed to sign before a certain date (and put down a deposit) to “lock in the price” and that when I came back, if there were issues with the design we could revisit that with no penalty—which ended up not being true at all. A few problems occurred almost immediately. As we looked at the floor plans they had drawn up, we couldn’t quite understand how they fit this extra bathroom into our space.- Turns out, they didn’t measure correctly and added two feet of floor space to our upstairs. So we just asked for our money back. We circled back to our conversations with Matt about the fact that we could get a refund if the plans didn’t work out. He says that is not an option. The director of sales, Kevin, calls us and we explain. He defends Matt, tells us we want “luxury items” and that is not realistic for our price, We explain we want our money back—he says that is not an option. So we start over, use the 4th bedroom like originally planned, tell him the priorities that we told Matt, and we go back to the architects. Kevin says, “We can definitely do this for under $40,000.” So we keep walking down the road, similar things happen, but not to the same extent. Our numbers starts creeping again. We show the architect the e-mail I had from Kevin saying we can do this for under $40,000 and just like that, they take off $7,000 instantly. Why couldn’t have we done that before? We finally got to a place with a good plan and we were happy with the scope of work they were going to do, so we started. Our project manger really struggled. I would say 75% of the time she was on site it was to collect a check. Lastly, we have the change orders. We get that there are unforeseen costs go into construction. The problem is, some of the change orders were for things that were out in the open. On a load bearing wall, the change order came 2 weeks after the work was done (most of the change orders came after the work was already done— which was entirely different than the process they laid out at the beginning) and was pretty high. $1,700 to put in a small header. They told me that if I didn’t pay for these change orders, that the contractors were not going to get paid. He literally said, “You are taking money out of Oliver’s pocket if you don’t approve this change order…” I could go on but at the end of the day, we love our master bath/closet. We REALLY enjoyed working with Rod—our architect. But overall--rough, rough process. Update: After my review, I received a call from the owner, Dan. We spoke at length about the project and he was very apologetic. He learned some things about our project that he previously did not know and I was able to expand on our experience to help him better understand some of the challenges. He was grateful for the feedback and assured me that the entire team is doing a debrief of our project to prevent some of these mistakes from happening again. Specifically, he mentioned that the "change order" process will be tightened up to avoid confusion for the home owner. I really enjoyed my conversation with Dan and it meant a lot to me that he reached out. If Design First indeed addresses some of these issues, I would have no problem recommending them or using them for a future project.Andy K.
- Business Description:Above Par Construction, Inc. specializes in home exterior work and remodeling, including insurance and storm restoration. We proudly work with you, the home owner, to complete all of your projects in a professional manner. From roofing to windows or even a small interior repair, we provide free estimates with no high-pressure sales tactics. We can complete any size job in a reasonable amount of time. Call our office direct or send an email if you have any questions or would like a quoteRecent Review:The work was performed when John said it would be and completed the same day. Zero clean up had to be done after the crew had left. He even added more venting where there wasn’t enough. He was even able to upgrade the material at no extra charge after the original quote! Very happy all the way aroundaaron d.
- Business Description:Established in 2009, Creative Edge Carpentry is here to help you get your Home Improvement projects completed. Creative Edge can do small jobs all the way up to transforming that unused basement space into spectacular living space. With over 25 years of carpentry experience, including 17 years in the Carpenters Union, I have the knowledge to answer your questions and make your dreams a reality. Note that I don’t do window work or rotted wood repairRecent Review:Mark was exceptional. We reworked the scope of work several times to fit my budget and evolving needs as we decided to change our entire plan for the basement. The work he did was exceptional. I would definitely hire him againShawn C.
- Business Description:Since 1890 (you read that right), John J. Cahill, Inc., has become synonymous with quality plumbing solutions throughout Chicago. In fact, we even helped build some of the North Shore's plumbing systems. But we don't stop there; rely on us for all your air conditioning work, boiler and furnace repair and installation, plus kitchen and bathroom remodeling. Our family owned and operated company has been in business more than 124 years. We're still here because we care about our customers and ..Recent Review:It was high quality, done on time, and we paid the price what was expected.Christine S.
- Business Description:Why do premier building owners throughout the Chicago area and beyond continue to choose AMB for their professional maintenance, repair, and remodeling work? The quality service upon which AMB was founded continues to this day. Our tradition of personal service is as strong now as it was in 2000, and our commitment to quality has taken giant leaps forward through continual investment in the latest technology and equipment. We are dedicated to each of our customers to ensure that what their vi..Recent Review:I hired AMB Associates to create my new kitchen. Their work was impeccable and very high-quality. They listened to what I wanted and made sure we were always on the same page throughout the entire project - very easy to work with. I’m thrilled with the results and will definitely hire AMB again in the futurePaula N.
- Business Description:We are a leading company in northwest in Indiana that specializes in almost every aspect of home improvements. We also service lower Michigan all the way to the chicago land area.Recent Review:Great: Timely communications, fantastic customer services, professional staff. This is my first roof repair, so their assistance made this experience stress free. I would recommend them to any one. The company has lots of styles and options with a great warrantyCatherine R.
- Business Description:General Home Repair Company with the following specialties: Full re-model of kitchen, baths, basements. Attic Insulation. Full service Handyman and repair staff, with (4) service techs. All service techs are in-house, reference and background checked. Additional DBA: Silver Hammer Home ServiceRecent Review:Hired them to patch a hole under the siding of our house that was letting critters into our basement. They did a super professional job and I am 100% satisfied. Would hire again for sure.JOE V.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
Find general contractors in
general contractors in Aurora
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1 GUY FIXES ALL HOME IMPROVEMENTS47 MORNINGSIDE DR
- 197160 Evergreen Dr
- 1st Look Maintenance Services228 W 26th St
- 1st Stop Realty & Management, Inc2707 S. Ridgelend Ave
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- 41 North Builders4453 N Beacon St Ste 1
- 51 Zygi Carpentry Corporation5325 N Manila Ave
- 1 GUY FIXES ALL HOME IMPROVEMENTS
- A & A Builders Groups LLC2215 S. Wolf Rd.
- A & C CARPENTRY14407 PERKINS RD
- A & R HOME SERVICES INC685 Devonshire Ln
Crystal Lake, Illinois
- A + INSTALLATIONS inc357 n tower dr
- A Cut Above Construction Services LLC5S446 Radcliff Rd
- A MARK OF EXCELLENCE PAINTING1323 KELLE CT
- A Plus Professional Construction Corp.15412 S. James St.
- A Quality Board-up & Emergency Services Inc.1425 Ridgeland
- A Renewable Construction Inc551 S. Bennett Ave
- A to Z Windows & Doors, Inc.4035 JOLIET AVE
- A-2-Z Carpentry116 deer path rd.
Lake In The Hills, Illinois
- A-G Builders Ltd.211 Bluff St
- A-Z REMODELING9112 Basswood Dr
Tinley Park, Illinois
- A. PANZICA ENTERPRISE LTD123 N GRANT ST
- A.B. ConstructionUSA Inc.7930 W. 95th Street
HICKORY HILLS, Illinois
- A.B. Edward Enterprises, Inc.414 Mercantile Ct.
- A1 Herr Construction2300 Oak Park Aveue
- A1 Home Services128 Tanager Dr.
- AAA Service and Supply IncPO Box 4091
- AAAAAA Wiseguy7335 W Myrtle Ave
- AB Builders Services Inc509 bristol ln
- AB PAINTING INC714 W Ivanhoe Ln 3B
Mount Prospect, Illinois
- Ab Remodeling & Construction1000 Hewitt Dr
Des Plaines, Illinois
- ABC Elite1096 frances dr
- Abe's Pro Painters & Remodeling903 Wilcox St
- ability construction904 mayfield st
- Able Builders110 Hunters Path
Lake In The Hills, Illinois
- ABM Construction & Son259 E Rand Rd Suite 209
Mount Prospect, Illinois
- ABO CONSTRUCTION1213 S DELPHIA AVE
Park Ridge, Illinois
- Above Par Construction Inc.745 Ridgeview Dr.
- Absolute Renovation Incorporated6901 Olyimpic Dr.
- Accurate Home Repair2499 Brook Ln
- Ace Handyman Services Chicagoland 3021 W Belmont Ave
- Adams Roofing Professionals Inc495 Crossen Ave
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
- ADEL WOODWORK INC14002 S ADEL CT
- adkins home improvement2217 Crabtree Ave
- Advance Remodeling Corp45 Mark Dr
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
- Advanced Finishes, INC3829 Grove Ave
Western Springs, Illinois
- Advanced Hardwood Flooring Inc1849 Weeg Way
Park Ridge, Illinois
- Advanced Roofing & Construction47 West Polk St Suite 100-208
- Affinity Construction Co.10751 wing Pointe Dr.
- Affordable Construction Solutions Inc401 Cumberland Ln
- AFFORDABLE HANDY DAD2054 W BIRCHWOOD AVE
- AFFORDABLE LUXURY PAINTING & REMODELING3818 adesso ln
- AK Reliable Construction Co., Inc.9444 Keeler Ave
- AKA Mechanical Services207 S. Channing 1
- Al Duggins Remodeling642 Coneflower Dr
- Albrite Building, Inc.430 Quail Ridge Drive
- Alchemy Construction110 East Sunnyside Avenue
- Alco Construction Co.3608 N Milwaukee Ave
- Aldgate Construction1221 N Doe Rd
- ALEJO SALDANA3013 S Kildare Ave # 2
- Aleksandar Markovic2993 Curtis St
Des Plaines, Illinois
- ALENIA EXTERIORS6891 CATALPA ST
Hanover Park, Illinois
- Alex Carpentry And Remodeling3342 N. Osceola Ave.
- All American Remodeling132 Gall Lane
New Lenox, Illinois
- All Carpet Care USA5990 SW 24th Pl Apt 107
- All Construction Services, LLC21276 N. Boschome Cir.
Lake Zurich, Illinois
- All Contractors LLC.6311 Sands Road
Crystal Lake, Illinois
- All home repairs1607 S Ridge Dr
Arlington Heights, Illinois
- All Pro Remodeling Inc1786 Fieldstone Dr. N.
- All Right Construction1748 E 84th Pl
- All Star Installations Inc1007 Rand Rd
- All Star Painting & Contractor LLC4009 N Nashville Ave
- All The Right Angles, Inc.3402 Byrum Blvd
- All Trades Renovations Inc10610 s highland
- All-Pro Home Services1120 Monroe Dr
- Allen Builders1064 S Grace St
- ALLEN CONSTRUCTION CO625 N ELM ST 1
- Allen Restoration Group, Inc.200 W Laura Dr
- AllPro Construction & Roofing9950 Lawrence Ave
Schiller Park, Illinois
- Allstar Contractors, LLC200 Rosehall Dr
Lake Zurich, Illinois
- ALLWAYS REMODELING, INC2620 W Fletcher St
- Alpha 1 Pro559 N. Marion St Ste. 138
Oak Park, Illinois
- Alpha Painting & Home Remodeling1014 N. 18th Ave.
Melrose Park, Illinois
- Alpha Twins1230 Churchill dr
- ALPINE BUILDERS & REMODELERS3010 N CALIFORNIA AVE
- Alrh Constrution1502 E Silver Strand Cir
- Alta JC Construction Inc,8645 Austin Ave
Morton Grove, Illinois
- AM Now Construction, Inc.10621 S. 81st St.
Palos Hills, Illinois
- AMB Associates Inc3103 W Armitage Ave
- AMD Construction1784 Forest Ave
Des Plaines, Illinois
- America's Custom Home Builders, Inc.4453 Oakton St
- American City Remodelers, Inc315 Spruce St.
- American Custom Homes2838 W Summerdale Ave
- American Elite Development PLLC
Hoffmann Estates, Illinois
- American Finishers, Inc.27B Stonehill Rd
- American Polish Construction5800 w newport ave
- Americas Best Exteriors LLC27 W Fullerton Ave
- Ammenhouser Builders Inc.203 Catherine Ct.
- Ampol Builders Inc.35W 328 Ridge Rd
- Ancient Construction10415 Penny Ct S
- Anderson Construction, Inc8522 South Pulaski
- A & A Builders Groups LLC