Fox Valley Carpentry

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2012

740 Waterside Dr

South Elgin, IL 60177

Let A Perfectionist Into Your Home. I have been in the carpentry trade since 1985. In April of 2000, I established Fox Valley Carpentry. My company has been, and continues to be, a thriving business. I attribute my success to the principles that I have established from day one; honesty, quality and perfection. From the moment you call to the moment the job has been completed, I keep an open line of communication with my clients and return all phone calls in a timely manner. On most projects I work alone. This allows me to have complete control over the entire scope of the work, pay close attention to detail and assure quality and perfection every time. On the rare occasion when a job requires an additional carpenter or tradesman, I bring in someone whom I have had a trusting working relationship with in the past. Whether your job is large or small, you can be assured that I will not consider it to be finished until you are completely satisfied....

10/23/2020

Bonnie B.

It went very well, Bryan is a great communicator and his workmanship is awesome. He was punctual, very neat and tidy and the finished product was outstanding. We would hire him to do another project for us in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Patio door

Category cabinet refacing,doors

[Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. Glad we were able to get the door installed before the cold weather hits. [Member Name Removed]

10/17/2020

TINA B.

Bryan was meticulous with his work, creative with suggestions, and responsible with his time frame.

Description of Work
Replace deck and enclosed a patio space under the deck

Category decks,cabinet refacing

[Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure meeting you and working on your deck project. Bryan

08/12/2020

Steve K.

Fox Valley Carpentry is amazing! From the moment Bryan came to our home to give us his estimate we knew he was the right person for our project. We needed our basement finished. It was completely unfinished. While Fox Valley Carpentry wasn’t the absolute lowest bid I didn’t want the cheapest estimate. Part of Bryan’s value and reasonable pricing comes from the fact that he works alone (but brings in long-time, reputable relationship partner companies for plumbing, painting or HVAC), which means he may take a bit longer that a company with a large crew. Having said that Bryan was an unbelievable and phenomenal value. Bryan takes his time, does things to code and does them extremely well. He is a perfectionist and takes absolute pride in his work - a true craftsman. Bryan transformed an old dingy basement into a game room, an entertainment/family room and an office. If I could go back, I would pick Bryan again without any reservations or hesitation. He was that good. He cleaned up after each work day, put down cardboard floor protectant from our front door to the basement door during the project. He is honest and completely trustworthy. He also did little extra things that I never would have expected and that a large company would never take the time to do. I’d never met or heard of him before Angie’s List but Angie’s list was right on target. Bryan came in a stranger and left a true friend. He pointed out important details to me along the way and even offered advice on some of my own personal carpentry projects. I trust him implicitly. In the final walkthrough he pointed out every detail and made sure we were completely satisfied with every aspect of the job. The work Fox Valley Carpentry did was absolutely top notch. I would hire Bryan again for any project. He’s that good. Hire Fox Valley Carpentry! You will be happy you did. However, you might encounter a wait because he’s in demand. Those are the guys you want to hire - the ones who everyone else wants to hire. Fox Valley Carpentry is the exact reason I pay for Angie's List.

Description of Work
Basement finished

Category electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,woodworking,doors,basement remodeling

[Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], I thoroughly enjoyed coming to your home every day and working on your dream basement remodel. Thank you for allowing me into your home and being so accommodating. Your hospitality was second to none. I know your family will enjoy the ping pong table and TV/entertainment area for years to come. Bryan

02/09/2020

Nancy C.

Great. Bryan is very meticulous and great at what he does. I discussed my initial thoughts and plans with him, and he made some great suggestions. For example, I had thought to replace the cabinets, but after inspection, Bryan suggested repainting them and adding hardware. The result looks like brand new cabinets, at much less cost. He installed under cabinet lighting, a new ceiling light, and countertops with sink. It looks like a brand new house. He also installed new lighting. It looks so different and great!. Finally, he installed new doors and trim. Just love it all. Reasonable pricing. Very happy!

Description of Work
Kitchen redo, ceiling lighting, interior doors, and trim

Category remodeling,woodworking

[Member Name Removed], I enjoyed working at your home and hope you enjoy the new kitchen for many years. Bryan

01/22/2020

Charles L.

From our initial meeting through the duration of the project, Bryan Hand made it a priority to get to know us, truly understand what we wanted to do, and then worked to make our ideas a reality. Bryan coordinated everything, from obtaining all permits through coordinating all inspections. Bryan is thorough and meticulous; no detail is overlooked, and every step is explained. Bryan is constantly researching the best building materials and practices. His workmanship is outstanding. We believe his prices are competitive. Bottom Line: We can’t wait to have Bryan back to remodel our second bathroom, and would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category woodworking,home remodeling

[Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working at your home and I am very happy that you love the finished product. I look forward to completing your next bathroom remodel later this year. [Member Name Removed].

09/06/2019

Viktoriia I.

Bryan was amazing. He did so much work for us. We recently bought a new house and needed a lot things done and Bryan was a perfect guy for it. He installed a new door out of mud room and built a deck, he also built a doggie washing station for us, painted mud room, installed new cabinets, installed external microwave vent in the kitchen , and so much more. He is very responsible and professional and we would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Instal new door, build doggie spa

Category electrician,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,doors

Please enter what you would like the response to look like:[Gianna]

09/04/2019

Tara K.

Bryan did an amazing job! The new porch columns look great and are exactly as I had envisioned. Bryan took great care to ensure that he understood the exact look I wanted to achieve. The project was supposed to be done in fall 2018, but due to the cold weather coming sooner than expected, the porch floor (done by a concrete contractor) could not be completed. As a result, Bryan was not able to complete the project in it's entirety. However, he did come back the following summer (once the concrete work was completed) and finished the job. He was so quiet that I didn't even hear him working! The work he did was excellent and I would definitely recommend him to others as well as hire him again for any future projects.

Description of Work
Old porch columns and rails were removed and hauled away. New pressure treated posts were installed and wrapped with a square cellular PVC material, with square base and cap also applied to top and bottom of columns.

Category decks,remodeling,woodworking

[Member Name Removed], The whole porch looks great and I am glad we finally were able to finish it up in time for you to enjoy this summer. Bryan

09/03/2019

Brandon F.

Overall the project went as planned. Bryan is very professional, quick to respond, and is detail oriented. You can tell that he doesn't take short cuts. I would recommend Bryan to friends and family any time and will certainly work with him on future projects.

Description of Work
Custom closet with an alder bench, bead board backing with coat hooks, and custom shelves.

Category contractors,closet systems,electrician,handyman service,lighting,woodworking

[Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words. I enjoyed working at your home and hope you get a lot of use out of your custom closet. [Member Name Removed]

08/11/2019

Kelly M.

Brian was extremely professional and thorough. He paid attention to small details, had great ideas/solutions to problems, and did an impeccable job. After he worked, he always left the space very clean. We couldn’t be happier with the result and would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Closet renovation

Category closet systems,electrician,hardwood floor,lighting,woodworking,doors

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. I'm sure you will enjoy your new closet expansion space. Bryan

08/05/2019

Diane M.

It was a painstaking job and they complete it to perfection. He's honest and professional and I'm highly satisfied.

Description of Work
They install crown molding round my house.

Category woodworking

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. I enjoyed helping you with your interior remodeling.

Bazan Painting Projects

Bazan Painting Projects is a full service company that offers a wide range of services and expert advice. Ray Bazan, owner of Bazan Painting Projects, has over 10 years of experience in the painting industry, considers himself an expert in the field and takes great pride in what he does. Satisfying our customers is a business philosophy we practice and emphasize. We take pride in our attention to detail and understand the importance of a job well done, which includes all aspects of the project from start to finish. We guarantee to get the job done right and we will work hard to make sure we exceed your expectations. We use only the finest tools and materials. We ensure that surfaces are properly prepared before starting any job and special attention is given to cover and protect areas that are not being painted. We take special care of each job and possess the necessary skills required in understanding the wide range of paint coating varieties, as well as the ability to diagnose and solve the unique challenges of each project. In addition, a thorough cleaning is given at the end of each workday. Please contact us for a free estimate and paint consultation. We are confident that you will find our prices fair, affordable, and competitive. We appreciate your interest and look forward to earning your business.

Closet Organizing Systems

15 TIME TOP SHELF DESIGN WINNER by CLOSETS MAGAZINE/WOODWORKING NETWORK. Offering custom-designed closet and cabinetry systems, we are dedicated to providing our customers with the highest quality workmanship, superior materials, and personalized service on every project.

Buzz Home Pro's

For top-of-the-line materials installed by experienced local professionals, choose Buzz Home Pros. We are certified Andersen window installers also installing vinyl windows as well. Also Buzz is an Elite preferred remodeler of James Hardie siding products. We only use in home installers. We were built on a foundation of professionalism, attention to detail and quality services. Our goal is to help you transform your home with quality materials that last the test of time. Specializing in windows, siding, and roofing, we pride ourselves on working directly with the homeowner, so we can target services and achieve 100 percent satisfaction. Learn more about us by calling now for a free estimate! Buzzhomepros.com

Let A Perfectionist Into Your Home. Carpentry – Built-In Cabinets. Remodeling – Kitchen, Bathroom, & Basement. Decks & Porches. Flooring Installation.

Roofing. Siding.