Replacing a rotted support beam will cost an average of $3,250 depending on the material, cause of the damage, and structure of your home
Matching on Angi
Reviews of Residential Engineers Near You
Structural Engineers Near You
We were unable to find pros for your Structural Engineers project in Ashburn, VA
Similar to Structural Engineers
That crack in your foundation might be harmless, but it could also be a sign something larger is wrong.
When you notice a foundation crack in your home, you'll need to hire the services of a structural engineer. Here are some questions to ask when hiring structural engineers to help ensure that you'll get a fair deal.
1. Are you licensed and insured?
Licensing requirements for structural engineers vary from state to state, but if a structural engineer you're considering working with isn't licensed and insured, they aren't worth the money.
2. How much do structural engineers near me cost?
Hiring a structural engineer won't come cheap, but you can at least make sure that you're paying a reasonable sum for the job. Most structural engineers charge by the hour, and the average reported fee charged by one of these specialists is about $300 - $500. If a structural engineer provides an estimate that includes an unreasonably high hourly rate, they had better be the best in their field.
3. What is your professional opinion?
While a structural engineer might need to come to your home to determine whether or not their services are called for, most of these professionals can learn enough from a simple phone call to know whether or not a home visit is necessary.
Facts about structural engineers near you:
- Structural engineering is a subset of civil engineering.
- A structural engineer focused on architecture and buildings during their college career.
- A structural engineer ensure foundations, walls, framing, garages, homes and floors will hold the required weights.
- A civil engineer helps build larger works such as roads, dams, tunnels, power stations, public utilities, aqueducts and bridges.