A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Hayden, ID
There are 4 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Hayden
- Bub's Septic PumpingBub’s showed up right on time and emptied two full septic tanks. They were courteous, knowledgeable, and had good rates. Highly recommend!
- RWS Construction, LLCIt went amazing! Much better than expected. They were quick to fix the problem and very professional.
- Jamie's Septic ServiceThey fit us in quickly. The gentleman was pleasant and informative. He didn?t try to sell other stuff. Their price was reasonable too.
- Bulldog RooterSubmitted an on-line quote request in early July. Received an e-mail response from one person within 24 hours request home address and permission to request site plans from the county prior to the estimate appointment. Was told I would receive a response within in 2 to 3 business days. Didn't receive any response after 10 business days, so I called on Friday 7/20. Patrick (different person than I was e-mailing) immediately apologized and set an appointment for the very next day, Saturday 7/21, on my schedule. On Sat., they called me well before the schedule estimate appt. time to say they received an emergency plumbing call and would be approx. 1 hour late. He was very apologetic. They called only an hour later to say they were on the way. Patrick arrived with site plans already and did a reviewed of the front and back yards. Prepared an estimate based on the plans he already had and the walk through. In addition, he called the county on Monday to confirm the pipe was already installed from house to street (as shown on the plans). Patrick called Monday 7/23 after contacting the county, set up time (on my schedule) to sign the work agreement to start work on Friday 7/27. (I had to have the work had to be done by 7/31/12). From that point, Bulldog did everything, called for all the permits, called to have the site marked for digging, scheduled the mini backhoe, everything. Patrick and another gentleman arrived promptly at 8:00 on Friday and began the work right away. I wasn't home to see the work throughout the day, but my teenage son said they were polite and professional in all their interactions with him. The work was done, inspected and cleaned up by 4:00 pm. Other than the fresh graded spot over the old septic, I could barely tell they had been there. They didn't have to remove the fence or dig up the front yard like I'd been told by other contractors. Patrick was very friendly, knowledgeable and conscientious. They even kept their sense of humor with the neighbor dogs barking at them all day. Excellent work at an very reasonable price. Even did a quick repair inside the house at no extra charge. I have already recommended them to several coworkers
- Bulldog RooterBulldog rooter arrived on time, and first they checked my septic tank to determine it wasn't full. Then they brought their camera inside and dropped it down the drain, found the blockage in my main line, brought in the machine to break it up, broke it up, and tested the line with the camera and some buckets of water. They spent around an hour and a half or so fixing the clog, and charged me only $170. It was a very fair price. They didn't leave a mess at all, even wiped the melted snow off my tile entry on the way out
- Bulldog RooterFloor drain backed up Friday morning. I called (after checking Angie's List) and they had a tech, Will, out in the early part of the time frame they had said, even though we aren't convenient to anywhere. Couldn't reproduce the backup even though we ran lots of water. Took look in septic tank and he thought it looked like it could use pumping, but the problem might just be a "soft clog". Didn't charge anything. American Septic And Pump came out later that day and checked and said pumping not needed and also thought it might be "soft clog." Had another backup the next day so I called Bulldog again to get them to run camera in line to check that it wasn't an interior plumbing problem before I started investigating the possibility that it was a drainfield problem. Will brought Randy with him as he had more experience with septic issues. They got their camera in at the septic tank access and found that roots were growing around the inlet pipe and were partly blocking. Got out their rooter machine and fixed the root of the problem :
- Bulldog RooterI can't say enough about how smoothly things went, from the time the crew arrived, to the time they finished and left. The backhoe was dropped off about 30 minutes before the crew. When the crew got here they went right to work, and did not stop until they completed the job. I was kept informed throughout the process, and any questions I had were answered. One of the things that impressed me most about this company was their honesty. When the job was quoted we were given two quotes ( best and worse case scenario). When things were opened up I was told the work would fall under the lower quote. They could have easily chosen the higher quote, because I would not have known the difference in the length of area, that actually needed to be regraded, but they didn't! I am a Bulldog fan, and will recommend them to anyone I know that needs work done. Thanks Bulldog crew, you guys were great
- Bulldog RooterSteve cleaned debris in the ballcock mechanism of our toilet. It now flushes and works better than it has in years! He also replaced a piece of PVC pipe underneath the sink (arm extension) that the sink drains into. It was pretty plugged up with debris, and now the sink drains like it should. I didn't like putting chemicals into our septic system to keep it draining and now the problem is solved. We're very happy with the work he did and will definitely call again if we have plumbing problems
- Bulldog RooterThey did a very nice job. They did a very nice job of cleaning up and everything else. They worked at getting it nice and containing the dust in the bedroom. They moved everything out of the room and when they were finished, they put it all back together. They moved all the bedroom furniture back in. They did a good job. We didn't compare prices
- LITTLE STINKER SEPTIC SVCI wish I had called this Company earlier! They answered my call and sent out a crew right away. It took them no time at all to find the buried tank and helped us figure out what was causing our back up problems. A quick repair took care of it even though one of the men had to go down inside the tank and I never heard one complaint. It's been 2 weeks and everything is working perfectly! Thank You Little Stinker
Last update on November 12, 2020
Septic Service Contractors in Hayden, ID
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
An septic tank expert gives Angie's List tips to keep yours operating smoothly.
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Find septic tank services in
- Hayden Lake,
- Dalton Gardens,
- Coeur D Alene,
- Post Falls,
- Spirit Lake,
- Newman Lake,
- Otis Orchards,
- Liberty Lake,
- Spokane Valley,
Septic Tank Contractors in Hayden, ID
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- FHG Construction LLCP.O. Box 103
Hayden, Idaho 83835
- LITTLE STINKER SEPTIC SVCPO Box 2812
Hayden, Idaho 83835
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Coeur d'Alene1986 W Hayden Ave
Hayden, Idaho 83835
- Straight shooter plumbing and rooter2586 W Ashland Ln
Hayden, Idaho 83835
- Vargas Property Inspection ServicesPO Box 1237
Hayden, Idaho 83835
- FHG Construction LLC
- Action Excavating LLCP O Box 3621
Coeur D Alene, Idaho 83816
- Action Excavating LLC
- Gobers LLC11215 E TRENT AVE
Spokane Valley, Washington 99206
- Gobers LLC
- Kalin Excavation9229 E Woolard Rd
Colbert, Washington 99005
- Kalin Excavation
- Lilac City Septic ServiceP.O. Box 301
Spokane Valley, Washington 99016
- Lilac City Septic Service
- Matson's Plumbing Inc4146 E Mullan Ave
Post Falls, Idaho 83854
- Matson's Plumbing Inc
- Plumb EZ6916 E 11th Ave
Spokane, Washington 99212
- Plumb EZ
- Vietzke Trenchless Inc2011 South Craig Road
Airway Heights, Washington 99001
- Vietzke Trenchless Inc
- West Side DrainPO Box 1050
GASTON, Oregon 97119
- West Side Drain
Septic tank companies that service Hayden
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.