Finding the correct subbase is important for any concrete project, and many people choose to use sand. While sand may seem like a good subbase, there are a lot of factors that you should consider before going with this option.
Get matched with top concrete contractors in Eldridge, IA
There are 5 highly-rated local concrete contractors.
Recent Concrete Repair Reviews in Eldridge
- M & S MudjackingMatt was delayed by rain but started promptly when it was dry enough. He coordinated well ahead of the work and informed me regularly during the job. Matt & his assistant were pleasant and professional. I recommend him highly!
- Coach House GaragesRandy was on time told us about the company and what was different about there garages. They had a good price that we could live with. The guys that put it up were great.
- Coach House GaragesAll of the workers were polite and had good attitudes, they really knew how to do their jobs well. They left the job site clean and orderly. Thumbs up!
- Behncke Construction Inc.This is the company to go to for anything related to basements. Our basement walls were bowing and we were getting water in the basement. They installed steel beams to stop the movement of the walls and put in a drainage system. They were great to work with, and we couldn't be happier with the quality of the work. They saved the value of our home
- COLLINS CONCRETEPerfect. They had a lot of barriers to work around and I continued to stay open for business. They were there to work every morning until late in the afternoon and their work exceeded my expectations.
- TAYLOR GARAGES INCI contacted Taylor Garages in September about the work I wanted done. Frank Beshears made the preliminary calculations and measurements. He came to my home and looked over the site made suggestions and learned exactly what it was I wanted done. He then wrote up the contract and I signed it that day. They would get all the necessary permits and I would reimburse them. I wrote a check for half the cost with the remainder to be paid upon completion of the work. He said the work should be done by the end of October. Unfortunately he was a bit off on that calculation. It was not until the third week in November that they began work. Although I was getting somewhat concerned about the weather by the middle of November, Mother Nature was kind and the weather was good through November. The actual work was subcontracted to Sooner Construction. When Sooner arrived they looked over the site and noted some drainage problems that would be caused by my original plan and made suggestions to alleviate these problems which I approved. They then got busy. Occasionally they would knock on the door and ask about how I wanted them to handle various minor problems that arose as the job progressed. It took two days to remove the old material and prepare the site and forms to pour the new concrete which was then poured on the third day. The fourth day the crew removed the forms, back filled around the new concrete and cleaned up the site. By the end of the week I had my new driveway, sidewalk and patio done. That weekend Frank stop by and looked over the work with me and I paid him the outstanding balance and for the permits. Other than the late start I was very satisfied with the work done and the way I was treated by both Taylor and the subcontractor. The work was well done, they asked for and listened to my input and followed my wishes to the letter. I had Taylor build my garage four years ago and they did an outstanding job at that time as well. I would definitely recommend them for any construction work you may want done
- Gibby's Concrete ConstructionHe had done the main cement work on our house that we live in that we built. We needed to make a change which involved some more cement work so I called him, because I was impressed of what he had done in the first place.
- C & C CONTRACTORSThe contractor was very professional and had the lowest bid. They were recommended by a close friend who had a foundation and basement done and walls poured by them.
- Elite ConcreteIt has gone very well! I was very pleased. We set up a tentative date which depended on the weather. The owner, Kyle said he would call and he did. They started the job promptly when they said they would. I am very pleased with the work. They didn't leave a mess, they took good care of my plants. I will also say that he gave the best bid of the three companies that I called
- Costello ConstructionThey started about a month before they finished. This was very understandable my yard was a mud pit when they started. The first thing they did was fought through the mud and got a trench dug to let all the water out. Then they came back about a week later and cleaned up the sides of the trench with a skid-loader, it was still pritty muddy so they told me to wait another week to put in the drain tile. They then asked if I wanted to get the drain tile or if i wanted them to pick it up. I said I would get it and they told me farm@fleet was the cheapest. The next week they came with a load of rock and started to get the drain tile down and then rock on top this took a half day. The other half of the day they covered the drain tile and rock with fabric and then dirt it was starting to look really nice. The next day they came with a jeep that pulled a harrow behind it and two guys raked where the jeep wasn't able to get. Then they asked me sod or seed and said the seed is cheaper but isn't instant I went with seed. It looks grea
Concrete Repair Contractors in Eldridge
- Business Description:Central Illinois Roofing company that's been in business for around 15 years. We cater to Bloomington-Normal and the surrounding Central Illinois. We perform complete roofing jobs, repairs, siding, fascia, soffits, gutters and more. Give us a call for a free quote!Recent Review:I could not have been happier. From the first call with owners to the last piece of roofing material they cleaned up everything was great. The price was lower then other bids and they completed the job in 2 days and cleaned up like they were never hereLeann S.
- Business Description:Behncke construction has been serving the Quad Cities for over 60 years.Recent Review:This company is the best! I was impressed from the beginning with how clear they were in the quote on what exactly was to be done, so there were no surprises. Everyone on the crew was courteous and professional. The work was completed ahead of scheduleAmanda C.
- Business Description:We are a general contractor that serves Iowa and Illinois. If you can think it, we will figure out a way to create it for you at an honest price and great customer service. We have several financing options available for almost every type of credit risk. We offer several promotions throughout the year for both product and financingRecent Review:Olde Town Roofing was very responsive to all of our questions and requests! We worked with Jonah specifically. He worked along side our insurance company to make sure everything was covered after we had hail damage to our roof and gutters. Their work looks fantastic, their crew was professional, fast, and picked up after themselves really well! I would recommend this company to all of my friends and family! 5/5 starKalie P.
- Business Description:MidAmerica Basement Systems is your premier locally owned and operated company that specializes in foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, concrete leveling, and radon mitigation.Recent Review:So disappointed with this company. I own a house for my daughter to live in while she is in college. The house is 5 hours from my residence. The house has been having water in the basement. I turned to Angi to get a reliable list of waterproofing companies. When MidAmerica Basement Systems called me to set up a time to give me a free quote, I was instructed I would need to be at the house. I let them know my situation of living 5 hours away and that my 21 year old daughter would be at the house and could FaceTime me during the appointment. This was not good enough as it is "company policy" to have the owner at the house. I spoke with the initial employee who wasn't willing or even tried to figure out a solution. Her solution was to send my call to the manager, who when answered acted like she had no idea why she was getting the call. I explained to her again that I lived 5 hours away and would not be able to be at the house, but we could use technology and I could FaceTime. This again was denied and a viable solution was not even talked about. Never did I feel they wanted my business or in any way were willing to work with me. I can't imagine I am the only one who does not live close and has had issues. It is 2021 and in the middle of a pandemic. Why FaceTime isn't an option is extremely frustrating and confusing. The customer service I received during this call by various levels of employees was also disheartening. I would never use them after this experienceKendra F.
- Business Description:Helitech is a family, locally-owned specialty contractor that provides waterproofing & foundation repair services to homeowners across a 4 state region. Services include basement & crawlspace waterproofing, complete foundation repair - piering, wall anchoring, & crack repair, as well as concrete leveling / mudjacking, moisture barriers, sump pumps, general construction, & yard drainage. We service the greater St. Louis, Quad Cities, Central Illinois, Southern Illinois, Southeastern & Central ..Recent Review:It has taken me almost 2-years to write this review, so I hope they have improved. My experience was awful. It had been a very rainy May and the basement kept getting water in it. I called Helitech and a competitor and both were really busy. Chose Helitech because they could get there sooner. Salesman promised me they would start the work in about 2-weeks -- work wasn't done until late August. I was told they had a big job at a nursing home that had to be done first. My job was not a minor cheap change but $5,000 and not one I thought would be put on the back burner. The people in the office were just about nonexistent; I'd call and leave messages and they were never returned. Just terrible customer support! The actual work that was done was good. And while the team of workers were nice, I had proof that they had gone through some of my things in the basement. I found one of the items upstairs proving they had moved it. The whole project put me behind three months of putting the house up for sale and left me with a bad taste for this businessKaren M.
- Business Description:With over 20 years of professional concrete experience, we are here to address your concrete project needs.Recent Review:They were a good company. Their work was really good. They did a good work. They were cheaper than the others.Kim R.
- Business Description:We offer free estimates. Payment is due upon completion of job. We do not currently offer any type of financing.Recent Review:They just left for the second time. They TRIED jacking up our driveway to match our garage floor. After the first attempt they said it wouldn’t move. I came home from work in the middle of the day and felt underneath the driveway at the sides where it meets the garage slab to determine the driveway actually went underneath the garage slab, preventing it from rising. They couldn’t figure that out but proposed to bring out a large saw and cut through the overlap, thereby allowing the driveway to rise. They’re supposed to be the concrete “experts” but couldn’t figure that out. Two weeks later they came back and ran a saw through there. Still no change and they cannot figure out why it won’t raise. They are minimally capable of troubleshooting a moderately complex situation. Now I’ve got 20 patched holes in my uneven driveway for which I paid a substantial sum of moneyjeffrey s.
- Business Description:We are a small company able to do large projects, willing to do small projects. We are fully insured and our employees are covered with Workmen's Compensation insurance. Any subcontractor we may use is also fully insuredRecent Review:This project was not easy, but Duane sometimes came when promised, and sometimes not. The custom windows he ordered came clad on the wrong side! Buyer beware!Xenya M.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated specializing in practically any concrete related project. Driveways, pouring, stamping, patios, slabs, walkways, stamping & decorative, etc.Recent Review:Someone from Little Dickens came out to my home so that they could give a quote on pouring a driveway. I had a single-car driveway that I was wanting to add a parking pad to-- essentially making it a double-wide driveway. A week or so goes by, and we never receive our quote. My fiancé called them three or four times and left messages, but we never heard anything back. Unfortunately I can't recommend this company due to their lack of professionalism and responseKatie C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful concrete repair contractor articles
If you have cracks in your concrete driveway, find out how to avoid scams and get the best contractor for your project. Learn the basics of driveway repair and the best practices in getting quotes so that your repairs can move forward seamlessly.
Installing paver tiles over existing concrete is a great way to upgrade the look and feel of surfaces on the outside of your home. However, you should consider a few things before taking this route, and this guide describes all of the ins and outs.
Find concrete contractors in
- Long Grove
- Le Claire
- Rock Island
- De Witt
- Rapids City
- East Moline
- Port Byron
- Carbon Cliff
- Blue Grass
- Coal Valley
concrete contractors in Eldridge
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- JaB Masonry & More LLC106 12th Avenue
- JaB Masonry & More LLC
- New Leaf Landscapes & Concrete17172 214th St
- New Leaf Landscapes & Concrete
- Olde Town Roofing712 18th Ave
- Olde Town Roofing
- Quality Home Remoldeling1836 1/2 Rockingham Rd.
- Quality Home Remoldeling
- Ryan & Associates10955 160th St
- Ryan & Associates
- Vance Construction
- Vance Construction