Ryan & Associates

Founded 1902 • With Angi since April 2011

10955 160th St

Davenport, IA 52804

Additional email - dcruse@ryangrp.com.

06/15/2017

Stephanie B.

We called Ryan's and explained our plight and what the others had said. The furnace was still heating fine, but the blower part was not working. He immediately located and checked out the actual blower motor. Yes, it was quite dated, but a necessary part of our heat. Ryan's guy took the time to track down the small part we needed and fixed it for under $200. We have since then replaced the whole furnace, but that was a life-saving fix right when we needed it. Ryan's people were HONEST, THOROUGH, and KNOWLEDGEABLE, and got the job done! :)

Description of Work
The blower/fan motor went out in our very old furnace - a cobbled together, converted to gas and partial forced air, of an old coal burner furnace in a 100 year old house. The first two companies we called insisted that we needed an entire new furnace - which we could not afford at all - and one company tried to tell us that we were in danger and to vacate the home until it was replaced. Most of these assessments were done just standing and LOOKING at the furnace as a whole. Very disappointing.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

05/18/2016

Dan E.

Description of Work
This provider overcharged me and did not give an estimate as to the amount of hours or cost involved. They charged me the full hourly rate just to come and look at the work that needed to be done. When I questioned the invoice no one came out to look at the work that had been performed and it took almost a year to get any type of response from the service manager and at that time he told me, "the invoice is good, I don't need to look at the work." The work that was performed was good but slow and costly at over $100 per hour. I would not recommend them for any big home projects.

04/10/2015

James F.

We have used this company over and over again over the past 10 years...everything from installing a new AC unit to plumbing a a complete 3/4 bath in what was once a small bedroom. You get what you pay for and while not cheap, they have always been well worth it. The guys are great.

Description of Work
The moved out wtr heater to make room for a larger washer and dryer.

01/28/2015

Jeremy S.

08/19/2014

Nancy B.

Description of Work
They were very informative and professional.

06/03/2014

Sheri C.

Very fast professional service. I needed a 75 gallon water heater installed. Ryan and Associates provided the water heater and installed it the same day I called.

Description of Work
75 gallon water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

04/29/2014

Dudley H.

We have always been happy with the service we get from Ryan and Associates. They are prompt and the service people are courteous and have a and quot;can doand quot; attitude when they run into a snag. We feel like we're in good hands with this company.

Description of Work
We have used Ryan and Associates for our heating, cooling and plumbing needs for several years.

07/17/2013

Greg M.

Water line installation was going behind a dish washer, so wanted something more heat resistant than plastic. Got my moneys worth and then some, even though I'm not sure what it costs yet. Technician took out a previous pierce valve and water line combo, installed a copper line to replace it. Hooked our refrigerator up... and fixed an unknown possible issue with our dishwasher drain. Very good!! Very professional! Timely!! We had our fridge one day... the day I called for a plumber. He was out the next morning to do the work!

Description of Work
We got a new refrigerator and needed an ice-maker water line installed.

04/10/2013

Jim L.

No contact

Description of Work
I tried to contact this company by email. The first contact was not an active mail account. The second email I received an automatec out of office reply. Waited for a few days after the date in the auto response. They never contacted or even contacted to say they didn't, won't, or can't do the type of work I was enquiring about. Not very professional response in my opinion.

Category plumbing, remodeling, structural engineer

03/27/2013

Pat C.

Very well

Description of Work
Sewer line and basement drain was plugged. Service person showed up on time and went right to work. It took about an hour. I received the bill about a week later. It was incorrect. One phone call and it was taken care of.

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

01/13/2013

Julie F.

The day after we purchased a foreclosed home, the furnace stopped working. We called 11 furnace installers to come and do estimates which included a new hot water heater and chimney liner. Only 6 companies showed up to do the estimates. It came down to 4 estimates. We chose Ryan and Associates for a number of reasons. They were on time and courteous. They took the time to explain everything to us and answered our questions. They made sure that they cleaned up the area before they left, which was very important to us since we have cats. Their estimate was not the highest or the lowest, but they understood that we wanted high efficiency rated equipment and gave us a number of options to choose from. We now have a RUUD 95% efficient furnace and a RUUD 40 gallon natural gas water heater. The original salesman contacted us a few days later to make sure we didn't have any other questions before they invoiced us. When we received the invoice, they included completely filled out rebate forms to send in to MidAmerican Energy. Thirteen months later we are still very satisfied with the product they provided. We plan to call on them to do yearly cleanings and maintenance check-ups as well as when we need a new central air system in the next few years.

Description of Work
Ryan & Associates gave us an estimate and replaced an old/non-working furnace, old hot water heater and broken chimney liner.

03/13/2012

Richard P.

They also installed a sink in our bathroom. They were very clean and did the work very well. They were there when they said they would be, they just did a good job because they knew what they were doing. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They installed a new low flow toilet the last time they were there.

01/02/2012

Julie F.

We purchased a foreclosed home that had been empty 2 years AND we lived out of state. We called at least 10 companies for estimates, 6 companies showed up and 4 submitted written and/or verbal estimates. Ryan and Associates estimate was the lowest and we were impressed that they showed up when they said they were going to even though this was over Thanksgiving week and someone was available by cell phone to answer my questions about the estimate. The work took 2 days, the workers were friendly and very professional and they took the time to explain what was being done. They answered questions I had about some other items I had been working on at the property. They also left the property very clean and the original salesperson came back to make sure everything was running smoothly and that I was happy with the work. We are extremely happy with the quality of work, the expertise of the workers and would definitely contact them again.

Description of Work
We needed a new, energy-efficient furnace, hot water heater and a new chimney liner for the water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

04/22/2011

Karla S.

Over all the plumber did a great job and made sure everything was cleaned up before he left. Also, he gave me some tips to keep our drain clean so it doesn't happen again.

Description of Work
The drain in my shower backed up and I tried plunging it out, but I couldn't get it. We contacted Ryan & Associates and they came out the same day and used an auger to clear the drain. WOW! The amount of hair that he got out was amazing, but the drain has worked great since.

Category drain cleaning

Manny's Eastern Iowa Roofing & Construction LLC

We have over 10 years of experience in providing quality roofing and siding services. You can feel confident that everything is up to code, and we'll use new, high-quality materials only. We're a local, family-owned and operated business. We offer a 5% Military and Senior Citizens discount. Make sure you visit our website for more details! (https://www.mannyseasterniowaroofingandsiding.com/) Whether you want to get a shingle or rubber roof installed for your property, trust our roofers to take care of it expertly. We can handle the repair or replacement of your existing roof also. Rely on us to complete your roofing services today. Give us a call or click for a free estimate today!

R & B Remodeling

Specializing in remodels! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Moeller Construction

For more than 15 years we have been delivering outstanding services to the residents of our community. We are a general contractor who operates in the territory of Davenport, IA. Please call our office today for your free estimate at 563-349-2824!

Plumbing drain cleaning, metal fabrication & restoration, remodeling, water Heaters, heating air conditioner, disposals, welding, carpentry, roofing, concrete pouring & repair.