Iossi Construction Inc

Founded 1952 • With Angi since August 2010

1040 W 4th St

Davenport, IA 52802

Small family owned business Built from word of mouth.We have 18 employees and are growing yearly. We sub-contract all electric and plumbing.Invoices are sent out after job completion and customer satisfaction, due within 30 days.

10/15/2017

Bonnie K.

Price quoted was lower than the others to perform the exact same work. They arrived when they said they would, they cleaned at the end of each day and thoroughly after the last day. We have a large roof and it took 5 days. The only issue we have is not with Iossi directly. The company that delivered the supplies cracked our driveway and we were told by that company that they will fix it but after a couple of phone calls we still have a cracked driveway .

Description of Work
We had them replace our roof.

08/30/2017

Max K.

Overall it went pretty good.. Perhaps a little more feedback during the actual replacement activity would be good as there were days when the site crew started later and we were uncertain as to whether they were coming on some days. That being said, they pretty much held to the overall schedule as originally presented during the quote process. At this point in time.....the roof has been completed for only a couple of weeks....we are thoroughly satisfied.

Description of Work
Removed old shingles and had roof replaced.

12/19/2016

Fred H.

They were good. They were here when they said the would be. They took a lot of trouble to find the right tile to match. So they paid attention to detail.

Description of Work
The took the toilet out and repaired the floor in the bathroom.

Category home remodeling

11/28/2016

Cole O.

Responded quickly and very thorough.

Description of Work
Estimates for repair and remodeling

02/05/2016

Adam K.

Kind of a strange experience. I'd asked them to take a look at some work on a rental property, they gave a proposal for the work and I signed it with an exception we need to agree to a start and finish date. They didn't want to do that and the project manager got very defensive when I suggested it. The contract they ask you to sign is open ended and states if you choose to not have them perform the work at any time you still need to pay them for it. It could have been 3 months down the road before they started and I'd have no recourse. We talked and all I said is I'd like to have a start/finish date agreed to prior to beginning the work and he said he needs to call his boss. They left a message and said they'd prefer not to work with me if I'm going to attempt to hold them to any dates. It looks like they have some good reviews here, which is why I called them, but my experience wasn't the best.

Description of Work
Gave me an estimate, that's as far as it got.

12/21/2014

Jenel N.

Price was very reasonable. Product came in at date expected. Crew was very friendly and cleaned up everything. We had some weather issues on first install date, so crew did what they could and came back on a weekend day to finish the job.

Description of Work
We had windows installed in our bedrooms.

09/24/2014

Carole F.

They became part of our family. They lived with us to clean that up. They were fabulous and wonderful. We left town for a couple of weeks and left them with keys to the house. They went above and beyond and did a fabulous job of putting it back together. They were wonderful people to work with.

Description of Work
We had $25,000 worth of water damage.

Category water damage restoration

09/23/2014

LISA L.

We feel that he underestimated a job, and cut himself short. We felt that it was not up to us to know exactly how the work should be done, we just signed the contract to have it done. He's told us that he charged us 50% less than what he should have, but it was an arduous process, and it wasn't our fault. We were unhappy with the job that they did, they've refused to fix the issues that should. It was supposed to be a two week job that ended up taking 5 weeks to them to start the job, it ended up taking 3 weeks total not to mention that they walked off the job for one week.

Description of Work
We asked him to wrap our wood trim with siding.

Category siding

07/03/2014

Kim O.

I thought their prices were competitive, but they always made me feel kind of dumb when I had a question. I don't feel like they really wanted to answer my questions and I don't feel like they really wanted me to talk or really do anything at all. There was nothing wrong with the siding or the shutters. However, the door was not properly installed. I kept complaining about it and a guy would call and say he would come to look at it and he would never show up and we went round on that for a year or year and a half. I called to complain about the door again and she said well, why you waited so long to do anything about it and I said I haven't. I said I called and you have somebody call me, they set up an appointment and they never show up and cancel on me and so, they're like oh, he's not the guy that usually installs doors, we will send out our good guy and I'm thinking why didn't you send your good guy out to begin with. The guy who does the crappy job scratched our door and so our brand new door that we just paid to have professionally painted, has a big scratch on the side and I wasn't really excited about that. It was to the point where we could not get the front door open. We were seriously afraid that if there was a fire, we would die in the house because we could not get the door to open, it was that bad. So the guy who does the crappy job came and looked at it, took out his screw driver and moved stuff around and he ended up scratching the front door. When I called to complain about that, that's when they sent out the good guy, but they said that because of the cold weather, they could not do any putt or touchup on the door and when the weather got warm, I called to have somebody to come out and do the putty and touchup on the door, but they would make an appointment and then they would never show up. When they sent me the good guy, he did fix the door, it does work now, but we still have the big gouge on it.

Description of Work
They did siding for us. We also got new shutters and a new front door.

Category contractors, siding, doors

06/27/2014

Jennifer B.

It went well. They completed the job in three days. They cleaned up after themselves and my yard was not a mess after they left. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
New roof on house and garage.

Category remodeling, roofing

05/16/2014

Selinda W.

it didn't I didn't want to work with them

Description of Work
They said they didn't want my job. They didn't do that kind of work. Then the next week they tried to come and give us a quote. I guess they decided they needed the money. I didn't go with them at all. They continued to call me for weeks.

Category remodeling

Hi, I don't feel you have the right company. I have asked all of our estimators and the girls who answer the phones and nobody has come across your name.We are currently booked out 8-10 weeks on work and do not need jobs or money desperately, We do not chase clients down to perform work, if you were not responding we would move your file to inactive and wait to see if you calls us. There are 5 different Iossi owned companies in the Quad City area all dealing with construction, please do not leave negative feedback for our company based on your experiences with a different company.

05/13/2014

Kathleen O.

.There's not much to go yet. However, I am pleased Dave listened to my ideas, gave me reasons for things that wouldn't work, and both of us came up with some solutions together. I can't wait until my garage is sided and neither can my neighbors. Iossi has had a top notch construction rating for years.

Description of Work
Provided information on siding my house in 2 yrs. Discussed things to consider and gave ideas. Measured my house and gave a ballpark estimate. Suggested their siding and windows workers could side my garage this spring, I have an estimate, but weather keeps holding up jobs.

Category remodeling, siding, replacement windows

05/08/2014

Conan C.

Unfortunately, the price was higher than I thought and we didn't end up using their services. Further research confirmed that their price was very reasonable; my dreams were simply too big for my wallet. Would hire them for future projects!

Description of Work
Worked with Iossi Construction to price out a stand alone tree house on stilts. Very professional, and walked through the process with me; they definitely knew what they were doing.

05/02/2014

Carol S. S.

I had asked that the new door be keyed to match my other doors. Apparently, that message hadn't been communicated because the new door had new locks. I spoke with the secretary and she said that the new door couldn't be rekeyed to match my old locks. I got an estimate to have my other 2 locks changed to match the new door. The estimate was too high. Fortunately, a manager was able to replace the other 2 locks and the 2 knobs at no charge. There was another minor problem with the paint, but they came back out to resolve it.

Description of Work
They replaced a door.

Category doors

04/26/2014

Kim S.

Not 100% satisfied with the quality, some gaps.

Description of Work
Installed windows

04/21/2014

John B B.

We were kept well informed of the days for the repairs to take place. All of the people came at the correct times and were very professional when talking to them about what was to be done and how they were going to do it. We were very pleased at the workmanship and final results.

Description of Work
Back deck slider, gutters and roof vents.

03/26/2014

Nancy W.

They were very professional and completed the job in a very timely manner. Very Happy.

Description of Work
I had my gutters replaced.

Category gutter repair

03/18/2014

Jim L.

Extremly courteous, very good work and quality. When there was been a snafu they bent over backwards to make it right. All of their contractors are pros in waht they did. I will be using them again. Angie's list had lied though. They advertised and gave a 10% coupon off their work. Iossi has had no dealings with Angie's list. In my opinion Angie's list owes me ten percent and Iossi an apology. I will not renew or use them again. I am also very tired of their many requests for reviews for companies I have had dealings with and some not even in my area.

Description of Work
built room addition - four season room

Category remodeling, sunrooms

01/29/2014

Lisa N.

We used Iossi after our basement flooded in April 2013 on the recommendation of our insurance company. The work was good, their business ethics questionable. On the good side they were quick to get in and dry out our basement, including removing our laminate flooring. It was a busy time with many people in the same situation. We also felt the quality of work was good. Our basement was returned to the same condition as before the flood aside from a few dings on the walls. We were satisfied until the bill arrived after the work was done. It was $2,353.99 above the insurance estimate. Because we received the bill after the fact, we could not go back to our insurance for payment. We were in error for not presenting the insurance estimate to Iossi. However, Iossi never asked for the estimate. Early on I asked the contractor if he had reviewed the costs with our insurance adjustor. I was told they had "reviewed the specs" together. I have not gone through this process so assumed this included a discussion about cost. It never occurred to us that someone would do a project without a budget. Iossi has been through this process many times - we have been through it once. We are angry that they did not guide us through the process ethically. In regards to cost I will mention a few highlights. 1. We were charged $6.64 a square foot for installation of a laminate floor we could get at Lowe's for $0.97 a square foot. The insurance company estimated $4.53 a square foot for materials and labor. (The installation included a delta subfloor sheath that costs about $0.35 a square foot, foam underlay for $0.45 a square foot,) 2. Our insurance estimate included 2 coats of paint on our walls. This was not done by Iossi and was not included in their final bill. When I brought up the point that the estimates would have been further apart had the painting been done, the contractor claimed he did paint the walls. This is a lie, but based on our experience I am happy he didn't. 3. Iossi's measurement of our basement was 611 square feet. Our adjustor's measurement was 485.61 square feet. To Iossi's credit they came and re-measured after we met, but their measurements still came to 611 square feet. Iossi reported that their measurement includes excess material needed for wastage. Perhaps this is legitimate, but I will say we completed the same job the year before using 501.6 square feet of flooring. (This did not include the floor in our bathroom which is 30 square feet). Would I recommend Iossi? Never.

Description of Work
Restored our basement after it flooded. This included removing laminate flooring, and baseboards, drying out walls, then replacing floor and baseboards.

Category remodeling, water damage restoration

01/11/2014

Jennifer M.

I had water in my basement after a sump pump failure. Despite timely clean up mold appeared on the basement stairway walls, ceiling and around a bank of windows. I called Josh at Iossi and he arranged to come out at a time that was convenient to me to give me an estimate. Iossi was able to schedule the half day job around my schedule. Unfortunately there was a problem with the original work but Josh came back out and the problem was corrected. I was satisfied with the end result and would recommend Iossi Construction, especially Josh. Thanks for doing such a great job!

Description of Work
mold remediation

Category remodeling, water damage restoration, mold removal

09/23/2013

hussain M.

very professional and their work is very good. a little pricey but i think its worth it

Description of Work
general outside improvements.

09/20/2013

Annie T.

We decided our neighborhood couldn't support the value of such a large upgrade in resale costs, but I would work with them in the future. They were willing to work with us on scaling the costs down to a more affordable level, but in the end, we decided to save up and move to a larger place in the future. They would be first on my list to call if we decided to remodel in the future.

Description of Work
We had a bid to expand our house and remodel our basement. They gave us great customer service and were on-time for the estimates, professional and easy to work with.

09/13/2013

Jack G.

I own an old house with rotting wood issues. My rear/upper deck (2nd story) was in very bad condition. Iossi Construction answered my call for an estimate quickly and was reasonably priced although not "cheap". It took them 2 days to totally tear out and remove the old deck and rebuild a new one in it's place. They also did some rehab work on my front porch. My rear deck is now brand new, solid and looking very good. The two workers were polite, efficient and they cleaned up after themselves thoroughly.

Description of Work
Completely rebuilt rear/upper deck.

Category decks

06/10/2013

Richard H.

This has been the perfect contractor experience. From the prompt arrival for the estimate to the quick installation, we could not have been more pleased. The ordered windows came in earlier than expected, so they were installed a week before we had expected them. Iossi had previously done some work for us replacing a skylight that was not sealed properly. Their work was done so well we knew who to call when these windows were damaged.

Description of Work
Iossi replaced two casement windows damaged by strong winds.

Category remodeling, replacement windows

05/14/2013

Judy M.

I am completely satisfied with the results. **date service provided is an estimate as is the cost.

Description of Work
The kitchen remodel was a first experience. Having received several estimates from various contractors, I was most impressed with IOSSI as they provided a complete breakdown of electrical, plumbing, cabinet removal and installation costs and who they had providing those services. Because of this I selected IOSSI for the job. Imagine my surprise when they all arrived at the same time to take over and talk about how the services were going to be provided. They took before and after pictures of my old old kitchen and the completion. I have had nothing but the best compliments from friends and neighbors. All contractors cleaned up daily and let me know when they were coming next and what was to be accomplished. I have been totally happy with the results and with the IOSSI company.

Category electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

A&J Painting

Interior/Exterior Painting Staining Decks Pressure Washing Residential Commercial New Construction Wallpaper Removal Epoxy Flooring

2022 Super Service Award

Riverside Solutions

We are painters focused on finishing your interior walls and exterior buildings. We love working on houses, garages, and with small business owners. You can trust in our years of experience as the painting team you will be provided. We do high-quality and clean work that is orderly and timely. Very experienced painters for your exterior and interior needs. We are also experienced with apartment cleanouts for landlords to get units ready for rent at the beginning of the month. We power wash for several property management companies. Let us empty and gut your units to be ready for renting next month and up to code. Consider us for your home computer needs and tech support as well. We install wireless security cameras and doorbells that connect to your wi-fi. Ask us about any of your technology needs and advice today. Call to schedule your free quote on your project today. Willing to work with any budget within your needs and constraints. Experienced, timely, and professional. Riverside Solutions, Painting+. Reach out to us today to get started with your free and affordable estimate.

Rockin Roll Painting

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in painting services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

Residential, commercial and new construction, 24/7 Emergency Services,Insurance jobs, Painting, coatings, kitchen & bath remodeling, interior renovation & refinishing, windows, siding, doors, roofing, decks, wall coverings, wood finishing & pressure washing.