Behncke Construction Inc.

Founded 1948 • With Angi since August 2010

1009 W. 2nd St.

Davenport, IA 52802

Behncke construction has been serving the Quad Cities for over 60 years....

11/12/2020

Amanda C.

This company is the best! I was impressed from the beginning with how clear they were in the quote on what exactly was to be done, so there were no surprises. Everyone on the crew was courteous and professional. The work was completed ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
foundation repair, waterproofing, and egress window

Category egress windows,basement waterproofing,foundation repair

01/11/2019

Mark M.

I had a tight timeline and they met it. Very professional. Great to work with. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Assessment of Foundation for house inspection

Category

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! You are a pleasure to work for! Joe

07/08/2017

Kimberly T.

This is the company to go to for anything related to basements. Our basement walls were bowing and we were getting water in the basement. They installed steel beams to stop the movement of the walls and put in a drainage system. They were great to work with, and we couldn't be happier with the quality of the work. They saved the value of our home!

Description of Work
Stabilizing basement walls, waterproofing basement

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!!! Its so nice that you took the time to review us. You were a pleasure to work for!

08/02/2016

Scott J.

From the initial phase of resurfacing a crack, and putting down some drainage hose, the project was filled with abnormalities. 1. Estimate off 100 percent 2. First people sent were not knowledgeable and this fact was known to the owner. 3. No communication at all. We handled the communication. 4. Work went unfinished after we PAID the bill. Interesting, because the owner was supposed to handle it. Zero communication again after several attempts.

Description of Work
We contacted Behncke Construction from a past project that went extremely well. However, new ownership (same name) provided us with an awful experience.

Category masonry,wells

Hi [Member Name Removed], Sorry this is the first Im seeing this review or of hearing that you aren't satisfied since you paid us. We don't expect unhappy customers to pay us, so Im not sure at what point you were unhappy. I would still like you to be satisfied. Is your basement leak still leaking? What is wrong with the drain tile? We are required by the city to not drain downspouts directly into neighboring foundations, we cant change that rule if that's what you are referring to. Here is our office phone number 563-332-6045. Thanks! Joe

11/10/2015

Kathleen O.

Behncke has completed a half dozen jobs for me in the past. The work team walked through the area double checking the jobs that needed to be done. They covered the ground where they would be working so when they finished, they left nothing behind except the fine work they did. They broke open the cracked areas of the stucco, and in most cases on the north, they were able to apply 1 layer of hand mixed concrete. The south and west sides had large patches of of cracked concrete. When they were removed, I could see the wall of the original wood house built 103 yrs. ago. The crew had to replace rusty wire; they filled the areas with several layers of concrete. Fortunately the weather was with them all 3 days. I like the way the guys worked together and kept me in the loop. They were on hourly wage, even so they worked quickly but carefully and deserved every hour of pay. I like Behncke Construction: small group of seasoned workers, reasonable rates for QUALITY work, and nothing left behind but a surface ready for siding. Over 35 yrs. I have always chosen smaller, local companies whose workers have been with the company for various lengths of time. Over the the long run, companies like Behncke Construction and their employees have improved my home and thus my neighborhood. I know the siding company will appreciate they can do quality work because the underlying surface was done with care. Hats off to another successful quality job completed by Behncke Construction, Inc.!

Description of Work
masonry prep work on a stucco house that will later be sided in vinyl

Category concrete repair,masonry

Thank you for this [Member Name Removed]! Hope you are doing well!

07/17/2015

Albert G.

Joe arrived from Behncke within two days of my request for an estimate. He was polite and very professional. His quote was much below what I anticipated. They began work within a few days of me accepting the quote. The work crews were efficient and very courteous. They had the job completed within two days. They cleaned up after themselves. I only wish I had known about them years ago! It would have saved me so much grief over a leaking basement. I had an estimate several years ago that was over $10,000 and it involved extensive work. Behncke's estimate was better than reasonable and the work was top notch. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Description of Work
Waterproofed my basement by putting in 54 feet of trench and sump pump; laying in drain pipes and then backfilling with gravel and new concrete.

Category concrete repair

Just seen this review 4 years later! Thank you for taking the time to do this [Member Name Removed]... I hope all is well. Joe

05/17/2015

Daniel S.

I had a fantastic experience working with the Behncke team recently. They did some major work on our home. Our porch was sinking on our 1920's home and they raised the porch and leveled the footings. They also came in and tore out about 100 feet of concrete sidewalk. The bid was extremely fair, especially compared to others. The crew that did the work was extremely professional and pleasant. My wife works a lot from home and said they were always really great to her when at our home. Joe even went above and beyond, helping us with some additional clean up at the worksite. Excellent service. Looking forward to working with Behncke Construction again.

Description of Work
Removed 100 feet of sidewalk and disposed of remaining concrete. Also, leveled three main posts of a front porch that was sinking. Large 1920s home.

Category concrete repair,foundation repair

Thank you for the great review! We look forward to seeing you soon [Member name removed]!!!

04/05/2015

Kathleen O.

The construction workers tore up old concrete at the end of my driveway and replaced it with new concrete at a different lower angle so my car wouldn't drag on it. They replaced 3 sheets of sidewalk and the curb. These workers have done other jobs at my house under the owner's supervision. I have always found everyone to be courteous. Concrete work is weather dependent. The previous owner refused to overbook and have too many projects going at once. His crew completed the jobs though sometimes end dates were extended. I consider it professional when a company like Behncke Construction refuses to rush a job and thus lower the quality.

Description of Work
changed the grade of my drive-way entrance

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I got your website request and we will be coming to check out the stucco you want repaired this week. We look forward to being of service!

03/03/2015

Kendra W.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Provided a sump pit.

Category concrete repair,wells

Hi [Member Name Removed], Awesome review! Thank you! Hope the family is doing great!

03/03/2015

Kendra W.

I met with Joe from Behncke Construction and I feel he really cared about our needs. I never felt pushed or pressured to buy anything, he treated the free estimate as an educational process. Instead of selling us on an entire waterproofing system he explained how a few minor repairs and a sump would solve our water problems. They were fast, professional and friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Repaired waterproofing system and installed a new sump pit.

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing,wells

[member name removed] that sump pump will take care of your issue. We enjoyed working for you and I really appreciate the awesome review. Let me know if you need anything.

Strohman Concrete

Residential concrete business with over 20+ years of cumulative experience. We offer services for patios, driveways, sidewalks, decorative, and repairs.

Cedar county concrete

Cedar County Concrete provides residential and commercial services across Eastern lowa. Call us for a free quote on all your concrete needs. We take great pride in providing high quality work. We are fully licensed, insured and bonded. 563-210-3414

Absolutely Dry Basement Waterproofing

Absolutely Dry basement Waterproofing, Inc. Is a family owned, basement specialty company. We service Eastern Iowa, and Western IL. We provide waterproofing services, inside or outside. We also repair bowed, or cracked walls. Walls can be replaced as well if need be. Egress windows can also be installed. We provide free estimates/ consultations, and travel up to 2 hours away from the Quad City area. Call us today to discuss your home's needs. Reclaim your wet basement!

Mudjacking

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Behncke Construction Inc.

How is Behncke Construction Inc. overall rated?

Behncke Construction Inc. is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are Behncke Construction Inc. open?

Behncke Construction Inc. is open:

Monday: 8:00 AM - 5:30 AM

Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 5:30 AM

Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:30 AM

Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:30 AM

Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:30 AM

What payment options does Behncke Construction Inc. provide

Behncke Construction Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does Behncke Construction Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Behncke Construction Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Behncke Construction Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Behncke Construction Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Behncke Construction Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Behncke Construction Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Behncke Construction Inc.?

No, Behncke Construction Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Behncke Construction Inc. offer?

Behncke Construction Inc. offers the following services: 60 Years in the QCA - Waterproofing Basements, Repairing Foundations, Crack Repair, Egress Windows, Sump Pumps & Pits, Driveway/Sidewalk Installation, Retaining Walls, Yard Drainage,

Are there any services Behncke Construction Inc. does not offer?

Mudjacking