Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Covington, GA
There are 17 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Covington
- Acton Home Solutions LLCThis company did an excellent job. They were very courteous and respectful. I liked the fact that they always called to let me know their time of arrival and they never left a mess after while working, they were very neat workers.
- Precision Fence, Deck & Floor SystemsPFDFS not only repaired my deck, they built my deck from ground up! The workmanship and craftsmanship is superb! They take pride in their work and they possess great attention to details. They showed patience when I was undecided and helped me through that process! They are a great team and they work very well together and very professional, they left my property in great shape. I'm TOTALLY grateful and happy with choosing them and so will you
- Lar Con Construction IncOn November 18, we had an unfortunate mishap at my house. Someone crashed through my garage door, hitting my parked car and slamming it into my load-bearing bathroom wall. My car was trapped in the garage and there was cold air leaking into the bathroom. I will first start by praising God nobody was hurt. And now I will express my appreciation for Lar-Con Construction. Mr. Rowland and his crew were professional and courteous. The excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail given to this project were phenomenal as well as the timeliness in getting the project done. Lar-Con was there on Thanksgiving Week to start the project. The crew showed up when they said they would - every time. They made sure floors and walls were protected while they did their work and cleaned up every day before they left. Mr. Rowland kept in contact with me on this project and was always available whenever I had questions. My new garage door works better than ever. The wall looks like there was never any damage and the bathroom looks wonderful, even better than the original. I would hire Lar-Con Construction again in a heartbeat. This company is now the official builder of my household
- Southern Specialty Contractor LLCSouthern Specialty did an excellent job on my roof and interior! I highly recommend them! Everything was left very clean and like it was before they got started. I am very pleased with this company!
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INCNot being native Mainers, new to the area and not knowing any contractors or tradespeople in the area, we had several unfortunate experiences in our initial attempts to identify a reliable contractor. As our time spent at the camp was often short and/or sporadic, we needed someone who would show up on schedule (while we were visiting the camp) and get the repairs done on time. Dave did that. As we became more familiar with the quality of the work that Dave and his crew did, we felt secure in knowing that even if we weren't present, the work would still get done correctly. This was a great relief to us. I don't recall Dave ever being late to the site, or the work taking longer or costing more than was originally agreed upon. We found his prices to be extremely reasonable and the quality of the work to be very good. In honesty, I can't find any fault with the services he provided, and we would certainly use his services again (exclusively)
- Southern Specialty Contractor LLCI just love this company. The representative that gave us our estimate was really helpful. The roof looks great, and we are very satisfied. The office staff is great also!
- KDL PaintingI had 4 estimates done and Kevin was a little higher then the rest . the difference was he was more professional very detail with his estimate actually added all the work I was looking for in the estimate. I was not sure if everything was going to get done from the other ones.Even though he was a little higher I decided to go with Kevin because I felt more comfortable with him, that all the work was going to get done. it did take a little longer to get started on the project then we first talked about. once he did get started on it he finished it within the 3 days he told me he would and the the house came out wonderful he did every bit of work he said he would and then some I could not find a flaw in the whole house. the best thing I could say is be patient with him and he is worth the wait he is a busy man and you can't control the weather outside so please be understanding. the house looked great when it was all over
- ITP RenovationsThey were very professional and not pushy at all. Actually called them after hours to make some major repairs and they responded immediately and was there the very next day. By far one of the best contractor experiences I've had. Please see the before and after pictures below
- BEAR MOUNTAIN CUSTOM PAINTINGI found Bear Mountain and one other vendor through Angie's List and used their links to request contact online. Sonja at Bear Mountain responded within a couple hours and scheduled an appointment with Rob the same week. The consultation was great. He was very informative and accommodating, answering all our questions. He was technically knowledgeable about all aspects of the job, from the paint itself to the painting process. I think that meeting was on Thursday and we received a very thorough quote detailing everything to be done on Monday. We did get a second quote from another company that was over $2,000 higher, mostly due to overkill on the porch repairs we needed. Sonja arranged for a color consultant to help us pick colors, which was a wonderful experience. We had to go through our homeowners' association for color approval and the weather turned horrible for a couple weeks so we didn't get to start immediately. I believe from first contact to finishing the job took about four weeks, which I consider very timely. They also came back a couple weeks later to do touch-ups in a couple areas where everyone, including me, missed some small bare spots. The entire process can best be described as "painless" and far better than I could have imagined. My experiences with service companies over the past decade have left a lot to be desired. Bear Mountain restored my faith that there are companies with a good service attitude and ethical behavior. The contracts and associated paperwork were extremely thorough. They were constantly in contact throughout the bad weather when they were unable to work because of rain and wind. I never had to call them but I felt secure they would be available if there were any problems I wanted to discuss. The carpentry crew was as good as you get. They were capable and thorough, communicating appropriately throughout the job. They found a couple extra problems as they did the planned work and gave us options about how to proceed. For instance, when they began replacing the rotten wood on the porch columns, they found there were actually no supports inside the square columns. The two options they presented were to rebuild the columns with no-rot materials, as originally planned, or to install treated wood supports inside those new columns. We felt it was worth the extra cost to install the supports and get it right. They also managed to remove some very large curvy trim boards, in order to get to the columns, and reinstall those without a bit of damage to them. The paint crew was extremely polite, neat, and very hardworking. They worked really well as a team, moving in tandem around the house, as they prepped and painted. The paint crew leader touched base constantly to be sure everything was done as we wanted. She did a walk-around with me at the end of every day. Rob or Sonja checked in daily, as well, to be sure that things were going as we expected. We asked for extras, in addition to the painting, which they also completed quickly and efficiently (gutter cleaning, window cleaning, new downspout). I feel very fortunate that I took the extra step to join Angie's List and did not just use the phone book. The ratings and reviews for Bear Mountain were right on target and correct in their praise. This is a very well-managed company with very capable employees and a top-notch service attitude
- Casebier Construction-The Whole House DoctorOutstanding! Should be number one on anyones list to call and hire first...he is on mine. Can not recommend strongly enough. Simply outstanding in all categories!!!
Contractors in Covington
- Business Description:Your Overall General Home Repairs and Maintenance needs. Everything from Furniture Repair, Home maintenance, Bathroom Renovations, Deck & Porch Repairs, Custom Patios, Walkways etc... I take pride in providing Quality work for a fair price. I started this business by just doing jobs for friends and word of mouth. I believe in treating every project as if it was my own home. I really enjoy meeting new people and helping to solve their needs. What sets me apart from others, is that I take prid..Recent Review:Tony did a great job replacing my window sill. His work was exemplary. I'll definitely be using him again.Shane B.
- Business Description:***FREE CONSULTATIONS! - 200sqft for $8,000 Deck Replacement!** Adam has over 25 years of experience in home improvement and remodeling. Adam is the true general contractor. He is a highly trained renovation expert, and we strive to get your utmost satisfaction. Additional DBA - Affordable Carpentry By Design InRecent Review:Great job! His vision and craftsmanship is amazing!Carol K.
- Business Description:“Why Replace When You Can ReNu” I started my career over 10 years ago refinishing bathtubs and counter tops for commercial properties. I have since added residential cabinet painting to be my focus point. My family and faith push me to provide the best quality of work for every client. I am committed to delivering customer service that is second to none. Big job or small, I have you coveredRecent Review:It looked great and was very satified with how it turned out highly recommend them want disappoint thank you renu once again for everythingMiguel H.
- Business Description:Henderson Painting & Drywall is a quality Atlanta-area painting contractor specializing in interior and exterior residential and commercial painting. We have been serving the Atlanta metro area since 1996, and use only the highest-quality materials and provide the very best workmanship in our industry. Local references are available upon requestRecent Review:We needed the entire exterior of our house painted. We contacted Henderson Paint and Drywall and they came right out to give us an estimate, which was fair compared to several others we had received. We ended up needing to adjust the final cost because we decided to paint our trim a shade lighter to brighten up the house and it needed two coats to cover. Jose did a wonderful job with the pressure washing and carpentry repair and then Alturo painted the entire house while we watched in amazement. We've never seen a painter who could work so quickly, keep everything tidy, and when painting trim and windows have such a steady hand. We would highly recommend them and will be using them again when we need some painting done on the inside of our homeMary M.
- Business Description:Honey bees are our friends. but hey, who wants them in the house?! We provide statewide, live honey bee removal. We guarantee against re-infestation and our workmanship. We remove the bees, comb and put every thing back together again. Call us to move the the bee's home out of your home and save them too. If you leave a message, please provide full name, city and phone number where you can be reachedRecent Review:Josh pealed back my carpet, removed some planks, removed the hive without leaving a bee behind, replaced the planks, re-attached the carpet, and left the room as if he had never been there. A real pro.John S.
- Business Description:METRO ATLANTA CUSTOMERS CALL 678-583-9530 TODAY FOR YOUR FREE STORM DAMAGE ANALYSIS Southern Specialty Contractor is the answer to your premium remodeling, roofing and construction needs. We've been providing quality craftsmanship for over 20 years, to thousands of satisfied customers, both Commercial and Residential. We have a knowledgeable team that can provide you professional assistance with an estimate or evaluation for your project.(some restrictions apply) At Southern Specialty, we pri..Recent Review:We unexpectedly had to replace our roof. Rod (owner) came to our home, inspected the roof and helped us come up with the best solution for replacing our roof. The installing crew was on time, worked very hard and did a great job including a thorough clean-up. Angela (assistant) handled the administrative tasks and was a pleasure to work with. Southern Specialty is a very reliable business, run by someone who cares about his clients and his business. We highly recommend them ~ the best contractor experience one could wantSusan D.
- Business Description:We pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We are experts in our trade and will do our best to keep you as educated as we can on your particular task or project. We look forward to earning your business! Book with us online or feel free to give us a call todayRecent Review:It was good. They were professional, they knew what they were doing, and the price was fair. I would recommend him to my friends.Anniss A.
- Business Description:We are a structural repair contractor that provides service all over the Atlanta Metro Area. We will travel outside of the metro area for a fee depending on location. We provide free estimates for homeowners and offer 100% financing through Enerbank USA for homeowners. We are dedicated to satisfying our customers. We believe in respecting our customers, listening to their requests and understanding their expectations. We strive to exceed their expectations in affordability, quality and workm..Recent Review:Wonderful! The rotten wood was discovered during the demolition for two bathroom remodels. Once discovered the bath remodeling contractor was not equipped to repair the underlying structural damage. A local engineer highly recommended Jeff Hall and Southern Contracting, who promptly came out to assess the extent of the damage that had likely been there for decades hidden behind the walls that were now exposed. He designed a rebuild of the bathroom stack (1st & 2nd floor) to include wall plates, flooring and ceiling structures. He assigned the construction work to a very experienced superintendent, Jeff who has been with the company for 7-years. He came with a crew of three men (Dev, Hunter and Andy). First and foremost, they did a great job! The structure is now stronger than when the property was built in 1929. Plus they were all very polite and very considerate of us as they performed the work. They put paper down on the floors to minimize the mess as they came in and out and also cleaned up well afterwards. It was a really good experience from the first call to their office all the way to the finish. I would highly recommend Southern ContractingMark B.
- Business Description:Since 1999 Ultimate Interiors has been providing the finest in custom woodworking. We specialize in custom furniture and cabinetry. We do not offer repair services and we only install our custom built cabinets. We have earned a reputation for superior quality and craftsmanship and a steadfast commitment to customer service. From start to finish, we partner with you to ensure you get exactly the cabinetry you are dreaming of at a price you can afford. We believe in providing individual att..Recent Review:Very professional. Prices are reasonable. He does meticulous work and is very thorough. I highly recommend the services.Joy C.
- Business Description:ACM Home Repairs is a company that specializes in home and small business repairs and remodeling since 1998.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Social Circle
- Locust Grove
- Stone Mountain
general contractors in Covington
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-Z Companies Inc3415 Church Rd
VILLA RICA, Georgia
- A1 Transformations155 ALMON RD
- A1RoofmanPO Box 66
- ABA Construction841 Old Bush Mill Rd
- Absolute remodeling construction 150 Spruce Ln
- ACM Home Repairs15 Vinnys Way
- Affordable Home Concepts LLC1920 Wire Bridge Road 1920 Wirebridge Rd
- AGMYN'S General Maintenance102 ruby dr
- Alpha Omega Construction922 Franklin Pkwy
- Arlis Home Services247 Hollyanne Pond Ln
Hayesville, North Carolina
- ASB Business LLCPO Box 1937
- Atlanta Fire & Restoration Service Inc.10485 Old Atlanta Highway
- Atlas Roofing Georgia63 W Elm St
- A-Z Companies Inc
- Campbell Construction705 Ridge Ave South
- Carpediem Renovation3748 Montrose Circle
- Carpentry by Danny1253 Madola Rd.
- Carr Construction Company225 W Ranchette Rd
- Carters Construction and Renovations LLC10 Nicklaus Cir
Social Circle, Georgia
- Casebier Construction-The Whole House Doctor3840 US Highway 17 S
- Chris Walden Construction519 Childree Rd
- Cisco's Home Works75 Longview Drive
- Crafts and Woodworks Unlimited1023D Lake Oconee Pkwy
- Crawford Drywall Repair2012 Vintage Oaks Dr
- Custom Marine Construction1082 Midway Street
- Campbell Construction
- F and F Home Repair3559 Salem Rd
- Firm Foundation Restoration and Landscaping175 Wright Mill Rd
- First Round Maintenance LLC191 West Jefferson St. 1
- ForSight Contracting Inc.p.o box 2201
Villa Rica, Georgia
- Fortitude Roofing & Restoration, LLC2495 Gorden Lee Rd
- F and F Home Repair
- H&H Construction Group222 Alabama Blvd
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hawk Construction and Home Improvement LLC1781 Panola Rd
- HC Construction & Grading2291 HWY 76 West
- Heath Creek Woodworks3 Central Plaza 265
- Henderson Painting & DrywallPO Box 483
- Honey-Do Projects2401 Northfield Road
- Horizon Roofing1104 W Spring Street
- Hotworks Automotive47 Natures Dr
Saint Marys, Georgia
- H&H Construction Group
- J&k Remodeling230 charmin circle se
- J&R Enterprise llc3751 Spring Garden Ln
- j.m.harrison services537 b.beecher road
- JACO Contracting Inc,1094B Access Rd
- JAMES E. BRADSHAW1165 E Oglethorpe Hwy
- JCW Construction Group LLC90 Knolls Rdg
- jimmy's do it all1480 vienna hwy
- JL Construction121 hunters way
- JLC Floorcoverings16 Commons Ct
- Johnny Can Services12 Redbud Rd
- jollyremodeling647 Dale Trl
- J&k Remodeling
- Lake Oconee Fence and Decks210 River Lake Dr
- LG Deluxe Designs5768 Everglades Ln
- LJA Builders Inc.485 S Augusta Ave
- lookbook home improvement35 Ituha court
- Lowe Construction & Development,LLC202 Camden Industrial Pkwy NW
- Lake Oconee Fence and Decks
- M & B Painting and Construction110 bold springs ave
- Maxsus Inc Roofing & Restoration1233 Buford HWY
- McVey Painting And Remodeling2184 WEST POINT ROAD LOT 11
- Middle Georgia Maintenance Solutions141 N Glynn St
- Mountain Man Remodeling185 Mountain Laurel Ridge
- MWT Windows557 Seal Place NE
- M & B Painting and Construction
- North Georgia Roofing and Repairs3719 Miller Ferry Rd SW
- North Georgia Roofing and Repairs
- Oconee porch,deck and patio284 hamilton rd.
- Oconee porch,deck and patio
- Paradise Homes Remodeling and Repair83 Paradise dr
- PDOA, a.k.a. Babin Enterprises221 Presley Ave
- Performance InsulatoinPO Box 118
- Pierce Handyman Services70 Clay Creek Trail
- Power Home Remodeling1740 Corporate Drive Suite 800
- Precise Engineering LLC308 Rolling Hills Rd
- Premier Home Renovation Solutions543 Crabapple Dr
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Paradise Homes Remodeling and Repair
- R&S Construction955 Old Conyers Rd
- Residential Facelift267 Cobblestone Cv
- Right Way ConstructionPo Box 16702 ;
- Rivers North Property Maintenance, LLCP.O. Box 432
- RJL Construction39 Hanna Dr, Apt D
Talking Rock, Georgia
- Robillard Remodeling1347 Old Cedartown Hwy SE
- R&S Construction