Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Chiefland, FL
There are 4 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Chiefland
- ROMAN DRYWALL INCHaving had nightmares with other “contractors” in the past, we were lucky enough to find Juan Roman and his crew. When I met Juan I told him about some of my earlier nightmares, he assured me that he would complete my project on time and for the agreed price. True to his word that is exactly what he did. Juan and his crew did a beautiful job on completely framing and drywalling my new home. He personally checked all work to make sure that the quality was to his level of expectations. We opted for a Level 5 finish which is glass smooth. My walls are so beautiful I don’t know if I can bring myself to put nails in them to hang pictures. If I ever need to have any work done in the future I would not hesitate to call him again read less
- Oroscos Flooring Design & RenovationsI would definitely hire again. It was a great experience dealing with Julian and his employees. We live in another state and Orosco’s remodeling took care of all of our needs. I will gladly speak to any prospective customers personally.
- Columbia Crest Construction LLCAfter the wet and rotting OSB was replaced with exterior plywood, a first coat of rubberized compound was applied. It turned out to be a little thin, creating a puddling problem. Eric Brown of Columbia Crest agreed that a second coat to correct the problem was called for before finishing.
- Cutting Edge Construction IncScot's attention to detail was incredible!! I trusted his judgement in all aspects of repairs and the sub-contractors he used were on par with his professionalism and high skill level.
- SBS of South Florida IncBilly was able to call me within 5 mins of sending my e-mail request for my home repair. Wow! In never expected such a fast response! He was punctual and excellent about calling ahead to confirm the appointments for an estimate as well as the repair. I wasn't sure he would want to come down to Homestead, but he did. His cost was very, very, reasonable. I also had asked him to look into wood damage around a garage door and replacing damaged drywall from a leaky PVC pipe from under the central air conditioning unit. He gave low cost do it yourself suggestions on how to fix the smaller damage as well as high cost alternatives which I appreciated. I never felt he was trying to talk me into spending unnecessarily more than what was needed for any repair. During the job he and another guy he brought to help him, found the cause of damage due to lack of silicon sealing around the metal frame of the doors. They were very good about keeping the area clean, professional, polite, friendly, with a nice sense of humor. The repair and finished product looks great, and I'm glad to have the ugly water damage fixed once and for all! I would not hesitate to hire him again read less
- Ray and Dan's Home Repair and Remodeling LLCRay & Dan's Home Repair and Remodeling was very professional from the start. Ray completed the first three projects quotes for a house renovation that went off tracks from a previous handy man within 5 days. I was very impress with Ray's quick response to my emails and phone calls. I am a out of state owner and couldn't be onsite every few days to check on progress. Ray would send pictures of completed work or status of ongoing long term project. He would email me summary reports to keep me updated without asking. Ray was dependable, keeping to his word and completing work on time and as quoted. When other contractors were needed like electrical and plumbing, Ray reached out with his extensive relationships with other local contacts and moved the project along. Ray responded immediately when the plumber contractor needed something that day. Due to his many decades of experience and skill, Ray was able to overcome multiple difficulties on this full house renovation. The workmanship and care taken to minor details revealed when the final walk through was performed. The house was transformed into a beautiful home. I am very thankful and fortunate that I found and choose Ray & Dan's Home Repair and Remodeling as the company to save me from financial & rehab disaster. You can take a chance on going with another handy man without a license or insurance or overpay for a company with expensive ads, but if you want high quality work, excellent value, and peace of mind then I recommend choosing Ray & Dan's as your trustworthy problem solver read less
- KJB Home Services, LLCEverything went great and I plan to have them come back and work on other things. I really enjoyed their hard work, and even the way they were with my noisy children. Great family services and honest people!!
- KJB Home Services, LLCEverything went really great and I Will definitely be calling them back for anything else I need done. I really enjoyed that they were family oriented. They even entertained my four-year-old son, who would not leave them alone. I highly recommend KJB home services!!
- William D. Becker, Inc.I was very pleased with the work performed. Mr. Becker went the extra mile to make sure it was done properly. He also kept me updated, and answered all my questions, no matter how simple. He showed up on time, kept the area clean, and finished on time and budget. I have gotton many compliments from friends and neighbors. My deck will outlast me read less
- Kurt Johnsen Energy SystemsKurt met with my husband and I to discuss the project. I had had two other estimates from other builders which were higher than we wanted to spend. After our initial meeting where we gave our needs for the room, Kurt came back with an estimate of about $2000 below the previous bids. We agreed to a time and materials contract and the completed project came in under the estimate! Kurt took care of all permits, arranged for inspections, hiring and supervising workers, He subcontracted out the electrical but did most of the other work himself. He is a perfectionist and his work shows it. He cleaned and swept up every night keeping dust and clutter to a minimum.He finished in a timely fashion and the addition blends beautifully with the house. I highly recommend him and would definitely use him again read less
Contractors in Chiefland
- Business Description:Cabinet doctor is able to provide a wide range of home improvement needs from light repairs to full remodels, every job is performed to the highest standard of materials and craftmanship that will surpass customer expectation to ensure satisfaction throughout the entire project. No job to large or small one call handles all. There are senior and military discounts available and we accept many forms of payment including credit cards and paypal. Thank you and have a great day read lessRecent Review:We hired the Doc to do a complete makeover in our kitchen, He was honest, dependable and had great ideas He did such a wonderful job we hired him to do my mothers kitchen and other projects we needed help with. Very trustworthy and takes pride in his work. We Highly recommend The Cabinet Doctor read lessSherie O.
- Business Description:Since 1976, Servicing Florida, Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton and surrounding areas We strive to answer every call and email. We respond to Emergency after hours calls. Owner is Retired Civil Service Quality Workmanship, Superior Service, Customer Satisfaction Our foundation: Honesty, Integrity, Reliability We do it RIGHT the FIRST time read lessRecent Review:Roofers yes, good. <br /> Freeman's roofing's "Carpenters" . not so much. was told they would come back out and never saw them again. I would have done the soffit repairs myself if i knew that was what i was paying fo read lessShawn L.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Collis Roofing is the highest rated and largest roofing contractor in Florida serving 17 counties in Florida with residential and commercial home improvement needs! Collis Roofing goes beyond the regular roofing companies that you'll run into because we can offer things smaller roofing companies can't such as financing, windows and doors, solar energy solutions, and warranties that will be there if you should ever need it. We offer financing for those who qualify from 6 Months same as Cash to.. read lessRecent Review:The sales rep Wally was initially great. The problem was after the roof was finished . There was additional work that was supposed to be done but wasn’t due to the fact (it was a verbal agreement) and he did not put it in the written estimate. He also would not grandfather in the price of the “free gutters” that he initially said he would. Anytime he answered my phone call he said “you need to speak with somebody else” or “I’m really too busy” and end the conversation abruptly. I then had to go through two or three other associates to get the initial promised work finished. I would recommend going through the senior estimator Andrew Mosher instead of Wally. Andrew gave my son an estimate for his roof and all of the work was done (with gutters) and no issues whatsoever with the entire job read lessPaul M.
- Business Description:Blackhawk Construction Services, LLC is a design/build firm with a cohesive staff that includes architects, estimators, project managers and assistants, interior and exterior designers, craftspeople, remodeling consultants and support staff. Our fully integrated process of design, pricing and construction management is efficient and rewarding, saving both time and money. Our qualified architects and designers, working in tandem with experienced project managers and crews have an excellent opp.. read lessRecent Review:Once Mr Lionel Thomas is the home inspector your in great hands !!! He’s a straight shooter 1000% !!!! If Lionel recommend checking for termites and basil send you someone get the report insist on seeing it before your closing!!! Any other recommendations from basil will be unprofessional don’t make the same mistake I did please !!!! Just to name a few $17,500 Cash complimentary food ,my payed Materials all gone and ..... if your looking for all your brand new items in your home painted up ,cement and full of dust not to forget on finish paint job in EVERY ROOM, new Windows with paint all over the outside, I was told by him and him team everything is finish ,after driving 14 hours clean and mop my dad room to give your 80 year old dad a bath to find out there’s very little water coming out his bath by then where coughing from the bleach , there’s not enough water to wash out the shower, went to second bathroom same problem but a little more on the bottom . Theses are brand new showers ! water leaking under the sink and they put a T-shirt under after 3 months 3 weeks don’t take any advice from basil. His intention I think is good buy at the end of the day I’m paying for a service not empty words and unprofessional work ! He’s a smooth talker that will cost you stress and more money in the end read lessNya H.
- Business Description:From Initial Design to Completed Project and all steps in between, MHS is structured to attend to every aspect of your Building or Remodeling project.Recent Review:If you want your job done at all, find a different company. Between March 1 and April 30, 2019, we provided more than $25,000 to MHS per their schedule for our garage-to-living conversion. We acted in good faith, choosing to believe they would uphold their end of the agreement. I mean, that's what good people do and why contracts exist. As of today, we have had our home left open and unsecured for more than 40 days with no schedule for work to be continued or performed. They ignore our phone calls, texts, and emails. They ignore the phone calls, texts, and emails from subcontractors. Their websites are down. Subcontractors have notified us that MHS has not paid them for the work they’ve performed. At this point in time, we’ve come to two possible conclusions: they’ve spent our money on other projects and now have no way to pay for ours, or they’re intentionally delaying our project. This is not a comprehensive narrative of the issues we are facing with this company, just the gist read lessAshley A.
- Business Description:Full Service Construction Contractor with full time, on time staff. Credit Cards Accepted, Limited Financing Available. Excellence is not an action, but a habit.Recent Review:Im a honest hard working roofer that came up from Tampa to work. I worked for Guyson for 2 weeks. This is the worst company to get a roof from. The crew I worked with were Hispanic guys from Texas. I tried to help them understand what the FL roofing codes consisted of but they were more interested in getting the roof done so they could move on to the next one. They didn't care at all about the quality of their work. None of the decking, flashing, or underlayment was done to code. The crew's leader told the owner of the company it was my fault the jobs weren't passing inspections and that lie prevented me from getting paid. I'm embarrassed to have been apart of their tea read lessBrian F.
- Business Description:We are a Top Rated General Contracting Company serving all of North Florida. We have several employees and Many highly qualified and licensed sub-contractors.Recent Review:Bad quality and way over budget. Do not trust Curtis: he is a lier. Our neighbor had similar experience with their bath remodeling.Giuseppe S.
- Business Description:Breakwater is a full reconstruction and resoration company. We serve the entire Southeast. Our services include but are not limited to: Roofing, Flooring, Cabinets, Countertops-including granite, windows, doors, roofing and more. Full installation services. In most areas, Water Mitigation and Mole Remediation services are also available. Discounts are available to Angies List members. Breakwater is also very involved with Insurance Companies and with these relationships we can ensure t.. read lessRecent Review:Wish I had never contacted them. They took advantage of me and my fiance. Did not communicate with us at all and when they did lied and made promises to have the work done. Never pulled a permit for anything yet sold themselves as contractors. Lies lies and more lies. Do not hire them unless you want to be ghosted. The work still isn't done. Karma will get these awful people read lessMichael E.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated bussiness with over 30 years experience. We do not use sub-contractors.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Old Town
- Cross City
- Cedar Key
- High Springs
- Fort White
- Mc Intosh
- Orange Lake
- O Brien
- Citrus Springs
- Crystal River
general contractors in Chiefland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- C5, LLC5303 EAST LONGBOAT BLVD
- Cabinet Doctor11950 SE 52nd St
- CJ Custom Carpentry Inc222 SW Cross Pointe Ct
Lake City, Florida
- Collis Roofing485 Commerce Way
- Commercial Residential Construction, LLC10107 132ND ST
Live Oak, Florida
- Concrete Solutions Of The Florida Keys LLC812 South St
Key West, Florida
- C5, LLC
- Keith Kinard Construction and Roofing14301 Sweat Loop Rd.
- Keith Kinard Construction and Roofing
- North Florida Home Improvement Center LLC3685 US-98 S
- North Florida Home Improvement Center LLC
- OneRestore1540 SW 5th Ave 101
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Shipwright Artisan - Thomas Avery53 Boundry Lane
Key West, Florida
- Soares General Services6314 Duval Dr
Pompano Beach, Florida
- Space solution off florida
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- T BALDWIN ENVIRON & CONSTR SVC6316 NE County Road 660
- THE CLOSET EDITION6590 W ROGERS CIR STE 3
Boca Raton, Florida
- The REAL Plantation Shutter-Stuart, Florida 34997406 Farmers Market Rd
Fort Pierce, Florida
- Tile Tactics LLC2648 NW 62nd Ave
- Titan Fencing3877 W. Klett Path
- T BALDWIN ENVIRON & CONSTR SVC
- Vino Custom Woodwork LLC700 EAST BOYNTON BEACH BLVD. 608
Boynton Beach, Florida
- Vino Custom Woodwork LLC