When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Prospect, CT
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Prospect
- Gove Restoration LLCMatt Gove of Gove Restoration LLC transformed my very unruly bank to an incredible dreamlike zen garden utilizing stone stairs and boulders as the main focal point. Together with another exemplary Wethersfield talent "Artie" ("A.H. Hutchinson Landscaping"), Matt Gove's total vision came alive especially w/ the Japanese zelkova tree, assorted plants, & decorated stones. I totally love Matt's passion & energy towards any project inside/outside of my house. Highly communicative & open to anything -- Matt Gove is numero uno always for me
- Godfrey Hoffman Associates LLCMark came out to our home and plotted out our property line for us. He explained what he was going to do before hand. When the job was finished he walked me around the property line and answered all of my questions.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDavid did an excellent job with the survey. The survey contained the placement of all of the trees which was very helpful as it cleared-up ownership. David was very prompt and professional. I would definitely recommend his services. His prices were in line with what I expected (talked to others who had surveys performed by different contractors)
- Total Control Surveys, LLCTotal Control Surveys was an absolute pleasure to do business with. David Sherman is a total professional who has a passion for his craft. He will not try to sell you something that you do not need, so there is absolutely no pressure in dealing with this man. He was amazingly thorough and I was surprised at the amount of work and time he spent on this job for the money we paid. He was extremely flexible and worked around our schedule. He met us in the evenings or weekends to go over his work product, answer any questions, etc. He was extremely patient with us and made sure we understood every aspect of our survey and our rights with regard to our property boundaries. He even gave us a bit of a history lesson about our property and our area as he researched the historic records associated with the property and area to insure we were getting the most accurate records possible. All property boundaries were well marked by David and we also spent the few extra dollars on having him draw up a map. I was not going to spend the extra money for this, but was truly glad I decided to do it. It was an amazing work product that now becomes a permanent record of the town. David was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone requiring a professional survey
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDavid was fantastic, he is a true professional in every way. I enjoyed working with him and would hire him again if I needed this service.
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLCThese guys are FABULOUS! From start to finish, they were a pleasure to deal with! They answered the phone themselves, gave me a firm quote with a great price, and finished the job ahead of schedule. They exceeded expectations in every aspect: price, quality, responsiveness, punctuality and professionalism. After this experience, I wouldn't even consider using anyone else! Probably the best experience I've had with a service provider in MANY years. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Total Control Surveys, LLCI must start by saying that my property is small and not to difficult but it has been just over a week since I contacted Total Control Surveys and the initial work has been completed. When David completed the survey he walked me around the boundary pointing out the areas of encroachment. He then produced a sketch and written statement of the findings. On review of the findings I have decided to have a map filed stamped and sealed and this is now being completed. The cost includes this map and in total, we find these costs reasonable. David?s professionalism, patience and guidance have been invaluable. My family and I are pleased that we used Angie?s List and found David Sherman of Total Control Surveys, L.L.C
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLCThe work was done quickly, and required no time on my part. The finished report was provided to me. It was a great experience.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave is very professional and friendly, explaining as he goes along, sharing ideas, answering my questions. Would not hesitate to call on him for services if needed again. Would recommend to anyone looking for this type of service.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCWorking with David Sherman was an excellent experience from start to finish. I research surveyors on Angie's List and decided to contact David first because other reviewers mentioned that he was good to work with and explained each step of the process. That is what I wanted and that is what I got. We started out with a series of e-mails back and forth with me explaining what I wanted to be done, property deed information and a description of the tree canopy and vegetation along the assumed boundary. We agreed on a price and he set up an appointment that fit my schedule. David arrived right on schedule and was very personable. We walked along my assumed property line and I pointed out some stakes I discovered in the woods and that there were no Identifying markers on the front of my property along the road. I especially wanted to know the front corners so we can properly install a fence in a future. The other boundary points were more for general curiosity so I know where I can cut down trees and where I cannot. This turned out to be a difficult job because my property has an odd shape and was originally surveyed in the 1960's and the map apparently was not filed with our town. The best survey map available was from 1949 and had the dimensions of a larger parcel that would later be carved up to include my property. David worked hard, coming out several times to take measurements and GPS readings to get our property geometry to line up with existing stakes and known boundary markers. We were originally thrown off course by some old farm fence stakes that matched distance but turned out not to match the property geometry. When all was said and done, David marked the missing corner stakes and highlighted ones that were either hidden or buried. He also placed some intermediate markings in the woods to delineate the boundary line. I am very pleased with David's work and would highly recommend him for any survey project
Land Surveyors in Prospect
- Business Description:Advanced Surveying LLC is provider of all types of land surveying services in Connecticut for both general public & commercial businesses, small and large.Advanced Surveying, LLC is located in Norwalk, serving also Westport, Weston, Easton,Fairfield, Wilton, Stamford, Darien, New Canaan & all of Connecticut. We provide: Boundary/Property Surveys, Staking Property Lines, Construction Surveying & Staking, Topographical & Site Surveys, As-Built Surveys, Elevation Certificates (see "Services" pa..Recent Review:We wanted to get an Elevation Certificate to determine whether we could remove our home from the required FEMA Flood Insurance map. Gregory responded immediately, and performed the work in a professional, pleasant manner. He explained how we could submit his Elevation Certificate to FEMA to request the LOMA, but we preferred for him to do it on our behalf. He prepared the materials, submitted them, and we received the hoped-for revision to the map, removing requirement for flood insurance. Definitely recommend himJoseph L.
- Business Description:Full Service Site Design, Land Surveying, and Structural Engineering Office.Recent Review:It went great. The report was on point.Steven A.
- Business Description:At Executive we use common sense, hard work and the latest techniques to provide comprehensive landscaping. Whether it is an occupied cityscape or a peaceful suburb, we understand your property is unique. As a result we design, create and maintain exclusive environments, which reflect your image, vision and budget. We truly believe landscaping construction is far more that just installing plants and lawns. We closely analyze factors, which build the framework for a healthy landscape; draina..
- Business Description:Experienced and seasoned professional engineers and surveyors are available to handle your tasks, both simple and complex.
- Business Description:Godfrey Hoffman Associates, LLC is a multi-disciplinary firm offering a full range of Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, Planning, Design & Permitting services. Our main office is located in North Haven, Connecticut, and our 3rd generation family business has operated since 1924. Originally serving New Haven County, we now work throughout the state of Connecticut. Our office staffs licensed Land Surveyors and Civil Engineers, as well as a great team of designers, planners, and survey technic..Recent Review:found Co that will do the work for $1500.00Pierce R. M.
- Business Description:Commercial and Residential Surveys - Family Owned Business - Serving Northwest Connecticut for Over 80 Years - We Provide Engineering Services Too - Open Saturday and Sunday by Appointment Only
- Business Description:We are a service contracting company that specializes in project management, inspection, and oversight. We have over 10 years in the field of design and construction, and cater to both private homeowners and public institutions alike. No job is too large or too small. We specialize in pre construction consulting and owner representation, as well as energy efficient designs and Green technologies such as Solar PV, Solar Hot Water and Geothermal. We provide design and oversight for both horizon..
- Business Description:Founded in 1992, Tata & Howard, Inc. is a specialized water, wastewater, stormwater, and environmental services consulting engineering firm that strives to improve the environment in which we live through our work. We provide a full range of engineering services, from concept to completion, including reports, design, construction administration, resident observation, and start-up. By bringing our strong technical knowledge and dedicated service to all sized markets, both public and private, w..
- Business Description:Team with over 20+ years experience.Specialties include but not limited to making a not so clean house/apartment look new again.
- Business Description:Smith & Company has been conveniently located on Main Street in Woodbury, CT since 1978. All of our research, field work, drafting, engineering and map preparation is completed with our own staff and equipment. We offer year-round Land Surveying and Civil Engineering services to the community
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
- Beacon Falls
- New Haven
- North Haven
land surveyors in Prospect
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- EXECUTIVE LANDSCAPING INC37 Nettleton Ave
North Haven, Connecticut
- EXECUTIVE LANDSCAPING INC
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLC1204 Farmington Ave
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLC
- Godfrey Hoffman Associates LLC26 Broadway
North Haven, Connecticut
- Godfrey Hoffman Associates LLC
- Little David J Land Surveyor25 Country Club Rd
- Little David J Land Surveyor
- Tata & Howard, Inc.321 Research Parkway
- Tata & Howard, Inc.