M & M Construction LLC

Founded 1965 • With Angi since July 2010

Servicing the Greater Hartford area for over 60 years, M&M Construction and Landscaping, LLC has provided home owners with new drainage systems, pools, driveways, and all outdoor needs. We have completed successful sub divisions and satisfied many Connecticut residents. We also specialize in yard drainage and water proofing. If you are dealing with water issues we have the solutions. DBA: CT Drainage Pros...

Arnold's Masonry and Construction LLC

Call us today for a free estimate! 203-808-6886 E-mail: arnoldbestmason@aol.com Since 1973, Arnold's Masonry And Construction LLC is a Family Owned and Operated business. We bring decades of experience on masonry and construction. Providing the old worlds craftsmanship to the new world projects. We are fully insured and licensed. High quality craftsmanship, reasonable rates, local references upon request. We will treat your home like it is ours and make sure we leave you 100% satisfied with our work. Our Service will exceed your expectations! We cater to any type of masonry, concrete, landscaping and asphalt work.

Blue Diamond Paving

Residential driveway paving New Driveways Repair Existing Driveways Paving Alternative, Millings For Unpaved Driveways Regrading of Gravel Driveways Stone Driveways Topsoil Delivered & Graded Free Clean Fill

Tanis Masonry Inc.

We have been serving the area of Hartford, Connecticut for over 16 years - specializing in masonry projects. Our company's mission is to offer our customers the best service - fast and at affordable prices. All our employees have vast experience in the masonry field, and are able to offer their knowledge to improve your home! To see more examples of our work check out Facebook - Tani's Masonry -- https://www.facebook.com/tanis.masonry?fref=ts

07/18/2017

Martin E.

He told me how I could do it myself.

Description of Work
AJ came right over (he was doing a job nearby), told me how I could fix the problem myself, with no charge. That's a quality organization.

Category drain pipe

03/16/2017

Kelly C.

I paid M & M Construction and Landscaping all but $900 of the $17,500 fee to install drainage around my pool and to have Gimo's Masonry (a subcontractor) put in a stone patio around the pool. M & M never finished the job and told me do it myself to save money. I paid THEM to for the job. It's in the contract!!! They took my money and ran. Same with Gimmy's Masonry. I have the contract, I have the texts claiming they'd finish the job and because I refused to pay the last bit until the job was finished, they told me they weren't going to finish it and good luck suing. My guess is that they have too many LLCs under the same name. I now have to pay close to $5k to finish the job I already paid them to do. Also need to pay to repair the sinking patio they told me they'd fix. They also never filled behind the retaining wall nor did they put any kind of mesh behind the wall to prevent the dirt from coming through onto the patio like they said they'd do. I also need to repair the damage they did to the electrical system in my pool. Oh and the newly installed drainage clogged and my pool liner is floating again as a result of it. I am worse off now than I was before handing over close to $17000 to these clowns. Don't be fooled by the friends who wrote reviews on Angie's list here. WORST COMPANY EVER!!

Description of Work
Drainage around p

Category excavators,fencing,landscaping,lawn service,masonry,drain pipe,hardscaping

This job is 3 years old, went back 4 times. Lady was put on a payment plan and couldn't make her last 3500 payment but also wanted the topsoil and fence post completed. We did not return do to insuffient funds and waiting for 14 months to be paid, she did get a complete job other then 500 worth of topsoil and one fence panel, overall we took a loss as a company

04/14/2016

Charles B.

The work performed was incredible. AJ and his team are real pros. The cost for all of the work they performed was more than reasonable. AJ came out for an estimate and explained the work he was going to do and gave me options on what different things he could do to help me out. He kept my wife and I in the loop every step of the way during the project. In addition, the crew didn't rush the job. They made sure the job was done right. Before the work was performed our basement would flood very easily when it rained. After the work was performed it rained and the basement was bone dry. This was a huge relief. Not having to mop up water every fifteen minutes was wonderful. Our sump pump doesn't run half as much as it used to. Basically, my wife and I are thrilled with the work performed and highly recommend AJ and his team to anyone

Description of Work
Sawcut along the right side of the driveway butting up the foundation of the house. A new 4 inch channel drain was installed The drain was set in mortar for stability. The new channel drain outflows with 4 inch pvc drainage pipe and ties into the new drainage line installed. Along the left side of the garage a 4 inch perforated pvc line was installed to pick up all water from the neighbors yard. The pipe will be backfilled with ¾ inch trap rock and wrapped in filtration fabric. All down spouts along the side and driveway area will be tied into the 4 inch line. The line will cut through the driveway and pick up the channel drain. The 4 inch line will be solid through the front yard picking up all downspouts along the front of the house. A line will be installed along the rear perimeter of the house, picking up all downspouts along the back. The line will wrap the perimeter of the foundation and tie into the line along the front. All drainage will outflow through one single line and distribute through a 4 inch pop up emitter in the front yard. All areas of excavation will be properly backfilled, graded, topsoiled, and seeded. All areas along the garage will be topped with decorative stone to help drainage.

Category excavators,landscaping,masonry,mulch,plumbing,water damage restoration,wells,drain pipe,sewer cleaning

03/14/2016

Erin H.

We had contacted Anthony to try and solve an issue of getting water in our basement during heavy rainstorms. Anthony was extremely quick to respond to all emails and made time to come out to our home not only once for an initial consultation and quote, but again a second time to do a final run through with both my husband and I. He was extremely knowledgable about the work that needed to be done and seemed 100% confident in his proposed solution. I was impressed with how quickly he was able to identify what was wrong and he took the time to clearly explain it to us. He was also willing to discuss price and tried to really work with us. Unfortunately, I am expecting our second child any day now and, after receiving the final walk through, we had some complications that forced us to rethink our immediate financial needs. We are frustrated with the timing but had to put priorities in order. We were extremely impressed with Anthony's professional attitude and wonderful customer service and are hoping to hire him to do the job later in the year!

Description of Work
Came out to our home twice to evaluate our situation and give us a quote on an outdoor drainage system to solve our basement water issues.

Category plumbing,basement waterproofing,drain pipe,sewer cleaning

02/17/2016

Pippa E.

I was very happy with the service provided by Anthony and his crew. They communicated with me constantly, were easy to approach with questions and they worked quickly. There seemed to be a lot of attention to detail. All the debris and asphalt were carted away and the job was left clean. They will be back in the spring when the trenching can be regraded and reseeded. I waited to do this review until we had one good freeze and one good soaking rain and this was the week it happened. No water in the window well, water eliminating where it is supposed to be, and no water near my foundation. Thanks AJ! .

Description of Work
I was having a major amount of water entering my basement through a window well. Water would pool up from underground at a fast pace and I temporarily placed a sump pump into my window well which was eliminating the water ever 7 minutes for a week after it rained. That's how much water there was! I was given a couple of options by different contractors but I went with M&M because of the guarantee and their method seemed better to me. The right perimeter of my house was escavated, a bush was removed in front of my window well, the window well was replaced and downspouts and the window well were tied in to a 4 inch perforated pvc drainage pipe that ran down my property and across my front yard to the storm drain. The pipe was backfilled with trap rock and wrapped in filtration fabric. The original plan was to have the drainage pipe run to the front of the property and ithe water there, but during escavation it was found that the bulk of the water was coming from an old tile city pipe that was backed up with water coming from the neighboring streets on the hill behind me. The water volume was so great that I decided to have the pipe extended across my property under my driveway and eliminate near the storm drain.

Category excavators,landscaping,plumbing,basement waterproofing,wells,drain pipe,sewer cleaning,driveway pavers,drain cleaning

10/25/2015

Judy C.

Our property has a low spot, and when it rains it creates a huge puddle (pond!) on one side of the driveway. Because we will be doing some driveway work, we needed to remedy this situation first. Using both Angie?s List and other sources, we obtained estimates, many of which were quite high and the proposals seemed to be overkill for our situation. We contacted AJ (M&M Construction) and he responded quickly to meet with us to discuss the project. We had sent him pictures of the issue after a rain so he could better understand the problem. He listened to our concerns, discussed options and give us his best solution and sent us a proposal the next day. Based on our meeting with all the contractors, we decided to accept AJ?s proposal. He was very knowledgeable, professional and willing to listen to what we had to say (which other contractors were not...one contractor came without pen or paper, asking us for some, even called his office several times asking how to use the equipment to measure the job!!). AJ stayed in touch concerning the scheduling of the work. The job needed to be coordinated with the driveway job and AJ worked with the contactor to ensure the drain would be placed appropriately. That saved us a lot of phone calls between contractors and left us feeling confident there would be no issues between the two jobs. The crew arrived on time, got right to work and worked to get the job done in one day. AJ and his crew worked very well together. During the digging of the trench for the drain pipes, they ran into a huge buried tree stump that must have been left during the house construction. AJ offered to remove the stump, rather than work around it, noting that, as the stump rots it might cause sagging of the new driveway. He gave us a fair price to remove it and after some effort, he removed it and dragged it away. Even with that disruption, the job was completed in one day and completely to our satisfaction. After the drain and drain pipes were installed, they raked out the area, leveled it and left it ready for the driveway contractor. They even reseeded the area that was affected by the dragging of the stump. We have had a number of construction projects done at our home and often we never saw the supervisor or person in charge on the job. But AJ was there from the beginning to the completion of the project. To us, that is important. If there is an issue, we know it will be addressed immediately. As another client said in their review, I would not waste any time with other contactors. M&M Construction did the job from the beginning estimate to completion (and them some!), exceeding our expectations. Before leaving, AJ made sure we knew to call him if there were any issues so he can come out to remedy them. Thanks to AJ and his crew for a great job. You can be sure that we will use them again and will definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Install drain and drain pipes to alleviate ponding of water in our yard.

Category drain pipe

10/15/2015

Peter S.

Honestly, we cannot say enough good things about Drainage Pros. They are professional, competitively priced, trustworthy, and - most importantly - excellent at what they do. We moved into a 1920s home with major drainage problems. Four of the six original underground drains that collected water from the downspouts were nonfunctional. Our home also sat low on the property, and when it rained water flowed across our driveway, over the patio, and into our basement by seeping over the foundation. It looked like a small river coming toward our home and disappearing underneath. AJ responded quickly to our initial inquiry and met with us on site to discuss the project. He listened carefully to our observations while assessing the driveway, patio, and grounds before sending us a detailed proposal the next day. The proposal listed several different stages and options, which we continued to discuss with him at every step of the project. AJ was always very knowledgeable, communicative, and professional, responding to our many questions and concerns thoroughly and patiently (even when we asked the same question multiple times). Ultimately, Drainage Pros stood by their original proposal, working within budget, and they even guaranteed their work (although we don?t expect we?ll be needing the guarantee). They tore out and had the old driveway re-graded and repaved, installed a channel drain behind part of the home, and laid pvc pipe along the entire perimeter to collect water from all six downspouts. They ran the pipe under two bluestone patios and walkways, all of which they reset carefully. They connected the pipe to our main sewer line, which required six foot plus excavations. Lastly, they reseeded the lawn (which returned nicely), and basically restored the grounds to their original condition. The paving company they coordinated with was also excellent, and they worked hard at communicating with each other to ensure that the project was completed to our satisfaction. Personally, what I most appreciated about working with Drainage Pros is that AJ did not trouble us with all of the things that could possibly go wrong while performing such a major job like excavating and tapping into the main sewer line. He simply assured us calmly and professionally that he and his team could do the job, and they did. Perfectly. We had previously discussed the job with a completely different (and also highly rated) contractor who appeared flustered by our drainage issues and, after charging us >$1,000 for an assessment and cleaning, was unable to offer us a written proposal or estimate without further ?diagnostics?. Do not waste your time and money, like we did. Just hire Drainage Pros, and they will get the job done. We now have absolutely NO DRAINAGE ISSUES and strangely even look forward to when it rains so we can see how beautifully the water flows down the driveway, into the drains, and away from the house. If you are on this site searching for a drainage specialist, perhaps you can appreciate this.

Description of Work
Installed channel drain, installed pvc pipe around perimeter of house, connected pipe to sewer line, regraded and repaved driveway

Category excavators,landscaping,basement waterproofing,drain pipe,sewer cleaning,driveway pavers

10/15/2015

Hillary G.

Company took advantage of me and robbed me of my money. It's impossible to work with companies who are dishonest and unwilling to work with me to fix the issue with sinking of the asphalt, it's also going everywhere and water is coming from the road and into the garage. The provider that was sub-contracted for the paving work used the wrong base, to save money, he also used a shovel to put asphalt on my driveway. They have excuses regarding my home being the issue and not the poor work.The company is unwilling to fix my issue or provide me with a refund so I can have another company do this work correctly for me. The provider had even admitted to the issues regarding the asphalt and at this point I would just like to have 75% of my money refunded from the paving job and find another company to do the job. I am very dissatisfied with the lack of professionalism, disrespect and poor workmanship by both companies involved.

Description of Work
I originally had a Big Deal for a drainage evaluation and then had additional asphalt paving work done after the evaluation.

Category driveway pavers

Homeowner was 100% happy with all phases of work until final paving. Paving looks great and there were no issues. Homeowner tried saying water was holding which was false. Home owner never paid for paving job and we took the $2,500 loss. She also short paid the deck company and chimney repair.

10/01/2015

Jeffrey B.

$49 for a Drainage Evaluation with a 10% DiscountM & M Construction LLC Print Voucher Jeffrey Barr 9/12/2015 Dear M & M Construction LLC, I just purchased a service from your company. Please review the details below and respond within 2 business days to schedule the service. SchedulingMember suggested dates to schedule service:Morning (AM) on 9/16/2015Morning (AM) on 9/17/2015Morning (AM) on 9/18/2015Note from Jeffrey BarrI am retired, so any date is fine. I do take my wife to work in the morning, but I an also back by 8:30. $49 for a Drainage Evaluation with a 10% Discount Order Number: 2273548 Ordered On: September 12, 2015 Item ID: 279839 Member Info: Jeffrey Barr 65 Hepburn Road Hamden,CT 06517 Coupon Code: Landscape-2273548-1 M & M Construction LLC 9/17/2015 Jeff I will be in the area next week. I will contact you this weekend to schedule a time. Thanks AJ Jeffrey Barr 9/17/2015 We will be in and out this weekend, but there is an answering machine on the phone. Thanks, Jeffrey Jeffrey Barr 9/23/2015 AJ, I have not heard from you yet. I did have a landscaper come in and remove the ivy in the back. We discovered that what I thought was an underground system wasn't! I have no idea where the other pipes go nor how big they are. Best, Jeffrey Jeffrey Barr yesterday AJ, I have still not heard from you. M & M Construction LLC11 hours ago Jeff, I will contact you this morning Jeffrey Barr 6 hours ago I will be out midafternoon, but there is an answering machine. My main concern is the back, the other drains appear to be working. Jeffrey Barr4 minutes ago Again, I have not heard from you. Forget it. Just refund my $49.

Description of Work
Nothing. Contacted me through email, but nothing else and never contacted me by phone when he said he would.

Category excavators,landscaping

09/17/2015

Judy C.

AJ quickly assessed the drainage problem and suggested a solution. He was very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. The job needs to be coordinated with a driveway job as well. Come to find out, the contractor I have chosen to do the driveway works along with AJ and his crews on other jobs. So this was a plus! I is important to me that, when more than one contractor is involved, they work well together to get the job completed correctly. I have confidence that will happen with my job. AJ has, in my opinion, gone over and above what a contractor would do, handling a lot of the coordination needed so far with the other contactor. I am looking forward to having him complete the job.

Description of Work
Assessed the property and suggested a fix for my drainage problem.

Category landscaping