Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Hamden, CT
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Hamden
- Gove Restoration LLCMatt Gove of Gove Restoration LLC transformed my very unruly bank to an incredible dreamlike zen garden utilizing stone stairs and boulders as the main focal point. Together with another exemplary Wethersfield talent "Artie" ("A.H. Hutchinson Landscaping"), Matt Gove's total vision came alive especially w/ the Japanese zelkova tree, assorted plants, & decorated stones. I totally love Matt's passion & energy towards any project inside/outside of my house. Highly communicative & open to anything -- Matt Gove is numero uno always for me read less
- Godfrey Hoffman Associates LLCMark came out to our home and plotted out our property line for us. He explained what he was going to do before hand. When the job was finished he walked me around the property line and answered all of my questions.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDavid did an excellent job with the survey. The survey contained the placement of all of the trees which was very helpful as it cleared-up ownership. David was very prompt and professional. I would definitely recommend his services. His prices were in line with what I expected (talked to others who had surveys performed by different contractors) read less
- Total Control Surveys, LLCTotal Control Surveys was an absolute pleasure to do business with. David Sherman is a total professional who has a passion for his craft. He will not try to sell you something that you do not need, so there is absolutely no pressure in dealing with this man. He was amazingly thorough and I was surprised at the amount of work and time he spent on this job for the money we paid. He was extremely flexible and worked around our schedule. He met us in the evenings or weekends to go over his work product, answer any questions, etc. He was extremely patient with us and made sure we understood every aspect of our survey and our rights with regard to our property boundaries. He even gave us a bit of a history lesson about our property and our area as he researched the historic records associated with the property and area to insure we were getting the most accurate records possible. All property boundaries were well marked by David and we also spent the few extra dollars on having him draw up a map. I was not going to spend the extra money for this, but was truly glad I decided to do it. It was an amazing work product that now becomes a permanent record of the town. David was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone requiring a professional survey read less
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDavid was very professional from start to finish. Came out on weekends and weekdays to get the survey done in a timely fashion. Did some research on the property to find out specifics even before we said we'd like to work with him. Another surveyor just gave me a number based on the town I was in.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCI had contacted Dave to perform a survey on my property that I have owned now for a year and a half, as this has never been done on this property since its construction in 1950. I am a corner lot, and abut two neighbors. The property lines seemed to be so obscure between neighbors, that I was even unsure as to where I should be mowing my lawn! Dave and I had email contact where I advised what I would like done, as I was looking to eventually erect a fence. He explained the job in detail and provided a cost break down of each service performed. He was much fairer than a previous quote I had received, with much more attention to detail of services to be performed. We decided to move forward with the survey, and although he was very busy, he was able to fit time in to complete the project sooner than expected. Dave was very professional, even having to deal with my nosy, and somewhat rowdy - rough around the edges - neighbors. They are very confrontational and always in everyone's business, and you can't predict what kind of mood they will be in for the next time you see them. I wasn't even there to be able to serve as a buffer, but you can bet I heard all about it! Giving this, Dave's promptness and professionalism was even more appreciated! The sooner I can get a fence up, the better! I had not purchased a map of the survey that would be filed with the town at the time of the service, but Dave let me know that it can be available for purchase should I choose to do so at a later date. It is my intent to do so. All in all, I thank Dave for his exceptional service, and wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again read less
- Total Control Surveys, LLCWe wanted a formal property survey done in case we ever wanted to build a garage or carport and needed the information for permitting purposes. In addition, our neighbors' driveway is very close to ours, and we wanted to make sure we were not encroaching on their property. Mr. Sherman's quoted price was much more reasonable than the others we obtained and so we went ahead with ordering the survey and maps (one for the town, one for us) and asked that any missing pins be replaced. Mr. Sherman laid out the cost for each item with us and checked with us each step of the way to make sure we were informed. Although at some points weather impeded our progress, we ultimately got the information and documentation we needed and are very pleased with the outcome. Our property had never been officially mapped with the town before and it was great to learn more about its history in the process read less
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLCThe work was done quickly, and required no time on my part. The finished report was provided to me. It was a great experience.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCI would highly recommend using Total Control Surveys. David Sherman got back to me quickly, quoted me a good price, and completed the job promptly. He was extremely knowledgeable and professional.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave was great! Very prompt and professional and extremely thorough in his work. He doesn't cut corners. I would use him again in a heartbeat.
Land Surveyors in Hamden
- Business Description:Full Service Site Design, Land Surveying, and Structural Engineering Office.Recent Review:It went great. The report was on point.Steven A.
- Business Description:Advanced Surveying LLC is provider of all types of land surveying services in Connecticut for both general public & commercial businesses, small and large.Advanced Surveying, LLC is located in Norwalk, serving also Westport, Weston, Easton,Fairfield, Wilton, Stamford, Darien, New Canaan & all of Connecticut. We provide: Boundary/Property Surveys, Staking Property Lines, Construction Surveying & Staking, Topographical & Site Surveys, As-Built Surveys, Elevation Certificates (see "Services" pa.. read lessRecent Review:We wanted to get an Elevation Certificate to determine whether we could remove our home from the required FEMA Flood Insurance map. Gregory responded immediately, and performed the work in a professional, pleasant manner. He explained how we could submit his Elevation Certificate to FEMA to request the LOMA, but we preferred for him to do it on our behalf. He prepared the materials, submitted them, and we received the hoped-for revision to the map, removing requirement for flood insurance. Definitely recommend him read lessJoseph L.
- Business Description:Smith & Company has been conveniently located on Main Street in Woodbury, CT since 1978. All of our research, field work, drafting, engineering and map preparation is completed with our own staff and equipment. We offer year-round Land Surveying and Civil Engineering services to the community read less
- Business Description:At Executive we use common sense, hard work and the latest techniques to provide comprehensive landscaping. Whether it is an occupied cityscape or a peaceful suburb, we understand your property is unique. As a result we design, create and maintain exclusive environments, which reflect your image, vision and budget. We truly believe landscaping construction is far more that just installing plants and lawns. We closely analyze factors, which build the framework for a healthy landscape; draina.. read less
- Business Description:15 employees, use reliable Electrical, Plumbing & Mechcanical sub-contracters, progress billing procedures.
- Business Description:We are a service contracting company that specializes in project management, inspection, and oversight. We have over 10 years in the field of design and construction, and cater to both private homeowners and public institutions alike. No job is too large or too small. We specialize in pre construction consulting and owner representation, as well as energy efficient designs and Green technologies such as Solar PV, Solar Hot Water and Geothermal. We provide design and oversight for both horizon.. read less
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business located in hebron, connecticut, serving connecticut since 1990. There is no job too large or too small for our staff with over 100 years of combined experience in all aspects of surveying and planning. We pride ourselves on working closely with our clients to achieve their goals with honesty and integrity. Additional address - PO Box 497 Columbia, CT 06237 read lessRecent Review:HE WAS VERY HELPFUL OVER THE PHONE..GAVE ME SOME GOOD POINTERS AND EVEN TOLD ME HOW TO DO SOME RESEARCH MYSELF. INSTRUCTED ME TO GO TO THE TOWN AND SEARCH FOR EASEMENTS. I WAS TRYING TO DETERMINE SOME LEGAL DRIVEWAY BOUNDARIES. THE MAN WAS TERRIFIC AND TOOK HIS TIME WTIH ME and SAVED ME SOME MONEY.I highly recommend him to any of my friends read lessmarilyn m.
- Business Description:Experienced and seasoned professional engineers and surveyors are available to handle your tasks, both simple and complex.
- Business Description:Team with over 20+ years experience.Specialties include but not limited to making a not so clean house/apartment look new again.
- Business Description:Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLCRecent Review:My dealings were specifically with John Cyr. I hired him to do a survey on my property, he said he would be there in two weeks to start the work. He never showed. I called him, he had no idea who I was, only said he look at his notes and call me back, he never did. At some point I was able to get him back on the phone and was treated only to mealy mouth platitudes. At this point I fired him. Find someone else to do your survey work, Cyr's word is no good read lessjohn y.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Buying a new home, designing a new addition, or dreaming up a new fence? Hiring a land surveyor is an important step for many big projects. Check out how much a property survey costs and how to budget for this important professional.
Find land surveyors in
- New Haven
- North Haven
- East Haven
- West Haven
- Beacon Falls
- North Branford
land surveyors in Hamden
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- EXECUTIVE LANDSCAPING INC37 Nettleton Ave
North Haven, Connecticut
- EXECUTIVE LANDSCAPING INC
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLC1204 Farmington Ave
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLC
- Little David J Land Surveyor25 Country Club Rd
- Little David J Land Surveyor
- Tata & Howard, Inc.321 Research Parkway
- Tata & Howard, Inc.