Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Get matched with top land surveyors in New Haven, CT
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in New Haven
- Gove Restoration LLCMatt Gove of Gove Restoration LLC transformed my very unruly bank to an incredible dreamlike zen garden utilizing stone stairs and boulders as the main focal point. Together with another exemplary Wethersfield talent "Artie" ("A.H. Hutchinson Landscaping"), Matt Gove's total vision came alive especially w/ the Japanese zelkova tree, assorted plants, & decorated stones. I totally love Matt's passion & energy towards any project inside/outside of my house. Highly communicative & open to anything -- Matt Gove is numero uno always for me
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLCThey were great and provided acurate info that was required for me to determine were to place my new shed based on city zoning requirements. They took there time to retrive all the proper documents from the city and state in order to do a proper survey. Any time I had questions there was always someone available to answer it. I highly recommend them based on there professionalism and quality of work for the price provided. Thank Yo
- Total Control Surveys, LLCWe bought a new home and our realtor gave us Dave Sherman's name. Dave was very prompt and professional. He did everything in a timely manner. Nice guy too! We are very happy with his work and we would certainly recommend him.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave was very, very responsive. In fact, he showed up at our house to start the job the same day that I gave him the "go ahead" for the project. It was impressive as Dave's office is 45 minutes from our house. He was very communicative and clear in his communications. I prefer email for communications and he was effective in keeping me in the loop on his progress. He was professional and left no trace of his presence. Dave's price was less than others that I considered. FEMA slowed things down a bit - but Dave did his part very quickly. I didn't know what to expect as I had never worked with a surveyor before but it was a great experience and I'd hire Dave again for any surveying needs
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave recognized the time constraint we had with trying to sell our house and came out almost immediately and stayed late to complete the work. Given that we were in Zone A without a Base Flood Elevation, Dave not only needed to perform the survey and complete the elevation certificate, but he himself calculated the base flood elevation. While this is way beyond my understanding, among other things he needed to calcite the cubic square foot rate of flow through the brooke in our backyard. After determining our base flood elevation, which was below the lowest grade of our house, he completed the LOMA himself and submitted to FEMA. After a week or so at FEMA, we were notified that we were no longer in the flood zone. We were not only reimbursed the 1900 we paid this year in flood insurance, but we were reimbursed for last year two giving us a huge return on investment. I would recommend Dave to anyone in a flood zone who thinks there is even a remote chance they might not be. All I needed to do was call Dave. He did all of the work including filling out all paperwork for FEMA. This required absolutely nothing from my end. Dave was extremely quick and was easily reachable by both email and cell phone, and best of all, text message. And now we are getting a nice rebate from our insurance company and it's not longer an issue with selling our house. Thanks Dave
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave who is the owner, went out of his way and did the job while I was out on vacation. He was very polite and very professional. He surveyed my lot and staked out every 25 feet. He then came back to do a walk through with me after I came back from vacation. I would 100% recommend his services
- Godfrey Hoffman Associates LLCAs homeowners inexperienced in surveying services, we were lucky. Godfrey-Hoffman Associates, LLC, came highly recommended by people we trust. All we wanted was a fence. Soon we realized we would be dissatisfied installing a fence without knowing where the property lines were located. Godfrey-Hoffman responded immediately to our call and took good care of us. They were generous with their time, explaining their procedure and answering all our questions. We were impressed by the thoroughness and precision of their work. They were professional and friendly. We couldn’t be more satisfied. If in the future we have any questions, we won’t hesitate to call them. Surveying can be an expensive service. For us, it was worth every single penny
- Total Control Surveys, LLCWorking with David Sherman was an excellent experience from start to finish. I research surveyors on Angie's List and decided to contact David first because other reviewers mentioned that he was good to work with and explained each step of the process. That is what I wanted and that is what I got. We started out with a series of e-mails back and forth with me explaining what I wanted to be done, property deed information and a description of the tree canopy and vegetation along the assumed boundary. We agreed on a price and he set up an appointment that fit my schedule. David arrived right on schedule and was very personable. We walked along my assumed property line and I pointed out some stakes I discovered in the woods and that there were no Identifying markers on the front of my property along the road. I especially wanted to know the front corners so we can properly install a fence in a future. The other boundary points were more for general curiosity so I know where I can cut down trees and where I cannot. This turned out to be a difficult job because my property has an odd shape and was originally surveyed in the 1960's and the map apparently was not filed with our town. The best survey map available was from 1949 and had the dimensions of a larger parcel that would later be carved up to include my property. David worked hard, coming out several times to take measurements and GPS readings to get our property geometry to line up with existing stakes and known boundary markers. We were originally thrown off course by some old farm fence stakes that matched distance but turned out not to match the property geometry. When all was said and done, David marked the missing corner stakes and highlighted ones that were either hidden or buried. He also placed some intermediate markings in the woods to delineate the boundary line. I am very pleased with David's work and would highly recommend him for any survey project
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave did a great job. He was very responsive to what I needed and answered all my questions. He also gave me great advice. He was also practical and ended up saving me money. I would recommend him to anyone who wants the job done right.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDavid Sherman went to the town records to research the area, a very old part of town, and was impressively meticulous in his research and measurments.
Last update on July 16, 2020
Land Surveyors in New Haven
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Buying a new home, building a new addition, or planning a new fence? It’s wise to survey your property. Here's how much it'll cost to hire a land surveyor.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
- North Haven,
- East Haven,
- West Haven,
- North Branford,
- Beacon Falls,
land surveyors in New Haven
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Advanced Surveying Llc1 Katy Ln
Norwalk, Connecticut 06851
- Advanced Surveying Llc
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLC1204 Farmington Ave
Berlin, Connecticut 06037
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLC
- Godfrey Hoffman Associates LLC26 Broadway
North Haven, Connecticut 06473
- Godfrey Hoffman Associates LLC
- SM Welch Remodeling16 Ogden Lord Road
Marlborough, Connecticut 06447
- SM Welch Remodeling