When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Ellington, CT
There are 0 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Ellington
- Gove Restoration LLCMatt Gove of Gove Restoration LLC transformed my very unruly bank to an incredible dreamlike zen garden utilizing stone stairs and boulders as the main focal point. Together with another exemplary Wethersfield talent "Artie" ("A.H. Hutchinson Landscaping"), Matt Gove's total vision came alive especially w/ the Japanese zelkova tree, assorted plants, & decorated stones. I totally love Matt's passion & energy towards any project inside/outside of my house. Highly communicative & open to anything -- Matt Gove is numero uno always for me
- Godfrey Hoffman Associates LLCMark came out to our home and plotted out our property line for us. He explained what he was going to do before hand. When the job was finished he walked me around the property line and answered all of my questions.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDavid did an excellent job with the survey. The survey contained the placement of all of the trees which was very helpful as it cleared-up ownership. David was very prompt and professional. I would definitely recommend his services. His prices were in line with what I expected (talked to others who had surveys performed by different contractors)
- Rob Hellstrom Land Surveying LLCHE WAS VERY HELPFUL OVER THE PHONE..GAVE ME SOME GOOD POINTERS AND EVEN TOLD ME HOW TO DO SOME RESEARCH MYSELF. INSTRUCTED ME TO GO TO THE TOWN AND SEARCH FOR EASEMENTS. I WAS TRYING TO DETERMINE SOME LEGAL DRIVEWAY BOUNDARIES. THE MAN WAS TERRIFIC AND TOOK HIS TIME WTIH ME and SAVED ME SOME MONEY.I highly recommend him to any of my friends
- Total Control Surveys, LLCI had contacted Dave to perform a survey on my property that I have owned now for a year and a half, as this has never been done on this property since its construction in 1950. I am a corner lot, and abut two neighbors. The property lines seemed to be so obscure between neighbors, that I was even unsure as to where I should be mowing my lawn! Dave and I had email contact where I advised what I would like done, as I was looking to eventually erect a fence. He explained the job in detail and provided a cost break down of each service performed. He was much fairer than a previous quote I had received, with much more attention to detail of services to be performed. We decided to move forward with the survey, and although he was very busy, he was able to fit time in to complete the project sooner than expected. Dave was very professional, even having to deal with my nosy, and somewhat rowdy - rough around the edges - neighbors. They are very confrontational and always in everyone's business, and you can't predict what kind of mood they will be in for the next time you see them. I wasn't even there to be able to serve as a buffer, but you can bet I heard all about it! Giving this, Dave's promptness and professionalism was even more appreciated! The sooner I can get a fence up, the better! I had not purchased a map of the survey that would be filed with the town at the time of the service, but Dave let me know that it can be available for purchase should I choose to do so at a later date. It is my intent to do so. All in all, I thank Dave for his exceptional service, and wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave recognized the time constraint we had with trying to sell our house and came out almost immediately and stayed late to complete the work. Given that we were in Zone A without a Base Flood Elevation, Dave not only needed to perform the survey and complete the elevation certificate, but he himself calculated the base flood elevation. While this is way beyond my understanding, among other things he needed to calcite the cubic square foot rate of flow through the brooke in our backyard. After determining our base flood elevation, which was below the lowest grade of our house, he completed the LOMA himself and submitted to FEMA. After a week or so at FEMA, we were notified that we were no longer in the flood zone. We were not only reimbursed the 1900 we paid this year in flood insurance, but we were reimbursed for last year two giving us a huge return on investment. I would recommend Dave to anyone in a flood zone who thinks there is even a remote chance they might not be. All I needed to do was call Dave. He did all of the work including filling out all paperwork for FEMA. This required absolutely nothing from my end. Dave was extremely quick and was easily reachable by both email and cell phone, and best of all, text message. And now we are getting a nice rebate from our insurance company and it's not longer an issue with selling our house. Thanks Dave
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDavid was very professional from start to finish. Came out on weekends and weekdays to get the survey done in a timely fashion. Did some research on the property to find out specifics even before we said we'd like to work with him. Another surveyor just gave me a number based on the town I was in.
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLCI used them to do the surveying, plot plan, etc. that my town required before I could start building my house. I was so impressed with Peter's work. Initially, the town did not want to approve my building of the house because I did not have the minimum necessary square footage on my parcel of land as per current zoning law. Peter was nice enough to come with me to discuss this problem with my town planner and found a loophole (I bought the land in '75 before zoning law was in existence) in that according to town maps I had three small lots according to the maps predating current zoning law, thus I should be allowed to build based on being grandfathered under the old law. Well, it worked, and the town allowed me to build!!! Without Peter's help, I would not have even been able to build this beautiful house that I'm sitting and typing in right now. I'm eternally grateful! Peter's partner, Scott I think his name is, was very nice throughout the process when Peter was not there
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLCThey were great and provided acurate info that was required for me to determine were to place my new shed based on city zoning requirements. They took there time to retrive all the proper documents from the city and state in order to do a proper survey. Any time I had questions there was always someone available to answer it. I highly recommend them based on there professionalism and quality of work for the price provided. Thank Yo
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave was great! Very prompt and professional and extremely thorough in his work. He doesn't cut corners. I would use him again in a heartbeat.
Land Surveyors in Ellington
- Business Description:Commercial and Residential Surveys - Family Owned Business - Serving Northwest Connecticut for Over 80 Years - We Provide Engineering Services Too - Open Saturday and Sunday by Appointment Only
- Business Description:We are a service contracting company that specializes in project management, inspection, and oversight. We have over 10 years in the field of design and construction, and cater to both private homeowners and public institutions alike. No job is too large or too small. We specialize in pre construction consulting and owner representation, as well as energy efficient designs and Green technologies such as Solar PV, Solar Hot Water and Geothermal. We provide design and oversight for both horizon..
- Business Description:Team with over 20+ years experience.Specialties include but not limited to making a not so clean house/apartment look new again.
- Business Description:At Executive we use common sense, hard work and the latest techniques to provide comprehensive landscaping. Whether it is an occupied cityscape or a peaceful suburb, we understand your property is unique. As a result we design, create and maintain exclusive environments, which reflect your image, vision and budget. We truly believe landscaping construction is far more that just installing plants and lawns. We closely analyze factors, which build the framework for a healthy landscape; draina..
- Business Description:Engineered Timber Framing | Construction Management | Land Surveying & Drafting
- Business Description:SM Welch Remodeling is a full service remodeling company located in Marlborough, CT. We assist our clients from their initial concept and design to completion and occupancy. If your needs are a simple re-decorating of an existing space, re-purposing of an unused basement or a complete addition, SM Welch Remodeling is the right choice. Please consider this an invitation to contact us for a no-obligation consultation and free estimate on your next renovation projectRecent Review:At the time it went very smoothly but I am reporting on the work at this later time as this winter has confirmed the quality of Scott's work. I contacted SM Welch after suffering considerable water damage from melting snow piled on my roof during the winter of 2010/2011. This (2013/2014) winter was the proof of the effectiveness of his work. Now (mid March), with the previous this year's layers of heavy snow safely gone, there was no leakage - even though I did no raking of the accumulated snow and ice layers. Sadly several of my neighbors were not as fortunate in spite of their repeated roof rakings. I am impressed and highly recommend Scott and his team. <br /Richard I.
- Business Description:Godfrey Hoffman Associates, LLC is a multi-disciplinary firm offering a full range of Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, Planning, Design & Permitting services. Our main office is located in North Haven, Connecticut, and our 3rd generation family business has operated since 1924. Originally serving New Haven County, we now work throughout the state of Connecticut. Our office staffs licensed Land Surveyors and Civil Engineers, as well as a great team of designers, planners, and survey technic..Recent Review:As homeowners inexperienced in surveying services, we were lucky. Godfrey-Hoffman Associates, LLC, came highly recommended by people we trust. All we wanted was a fence. Soon we realized we would be dissatisfied installing a fence without knowing where the property lines were located. Godfrey-Hoffman responded immediately to our call and took good care of us. They were generous with their time, explaining their procedure and answering all our questions. We were impressed by the thoroughness and precision of their work. They were professional and friendly. We couldn’t be more satisfied. If in the future we have any questions, we won’t hesitate to call them. Surveying can be an expensive service. For us, it was worth every single penny.Deane H.
- Business Description:Founded in 1992, Tata & Howard, Inc. is a specialized water, wastewater, stormwater, and environmental services consulting engineering firm that strives to improve the environment in which we live through our work. We provide a full range of engineering services, from concept to completion, including reports, design, construction administration, resident observation, and start-up. By bringing our strong technical knowledge and dedicated service to all sized markets, both public and private, w..
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business located in hebron, connecticut, serving connecticut since 1990. There is no job too large or too small for our staff with over 100 years of combined experience in all aspects of surveying and planning. We pride ourselves on working closely with our clients to achieve their goals with honesty and integrity. Additional address - PO Box 497 Columbia, CT 06237Recent Review:HE WAS VERY HELPFUL OVER THE PHONE..GAVE ME SOME GOOD POINTERS AND EVEN TOLD ME HOW TO DO SOME RESEARCH MYSELF. INSTRUCTED ME TO GO TO THE TOWN AND SEARCH FOR EASEMENTS. I WAS TRYING TO DETERMINE SOME LEGAL DRIVEWAY BOUNDARIES. THE MAN WAS TERRIFIC AND TOOK HIS TIME WTIH ME and SAVED ME SOME MONEY.I highly recommend him to any of my friendsmarilyn m.
- Business Description:Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLCRecent Review:<strong>These guys are FABULOUS!</strong> From start to finish, they were a pleasure to deal with! They answered the phone themselves, gave me a firm quote with a great price, and finished the job ahead of schedule. They exceeded expectations in every aspect: price, quality, responsiveness, punctuality and professionalism. After this experience, I wouldn't even consider using anyone else! Probably the best experience I've had with a service provider in MANY years. <strong>HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!</strong> <br /Randall M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in Ellington
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!