Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Ellington, CT
There are 0 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Ellington
- Gove Restoration LLCMatt Gove of Gove Restoration LLC transformed my very unruly bank to an incredible dreamlike zen garden utilizing stone stairs and boulders as the main focal point. Together with another exemplary Wethersfield talent "Artie" ("A.H. Hutchinson Landscaping"), Matt Gove's total vision came alive especially w/ the Japanese zelkova tree, assorted plants, & decorated stones. I totally love Matt's passion & energy towards any project inside/outside of my house. Highly communicative & open to anything -- Matt Gove is numero uno always for me
- Rob Hellstrom Land Surveying LLCHE WAS VERY HELPFUL OVER THE PHONE..GAVE ME SOME GOOD POINTERS AND EVEN TOLD ME HOW TO DO SOME RESEARCH MYSELF. INSTRUCTED ME TO GO TO THE TOWN AND SEARCH FOR EASEMENTS. I WAS TRYING TO DETERMINE SOME LEGAL DRIVEWAY BOUNDARIES. THE MAN WAS TERRIFIC AND TOOK HIS TIME WTIH ME and SAVED ME SOME MONEY.I highly recommend him to any of my friends
- Total Control Surveys, LLCIt was outstanding. Dave is a true professional. He was easy to reach and communicate with, and he was able to explain what he was doing very well. He walked all over the neighborhood to find merestones and property pins, and dug up an old map in the town's engineering department that planning and zoning didn't even know was there. He also adroitly handled our neighbor's questions about what he was doing, and was able to provide us with advice on how to handle things if the neighbors were less than pleased or tried moving his markers. He also offered to make a proper map of the property for $400 that we can file with the town, which we are considering. We would give him an A+ if it was possible
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDavid was very professional from start to finish. Came out on weekends and weekdays to get the survey done in a timely fashion. Did some research on the property to find out specifics even before we said we'd like to work with him. Another surveyor just gave me a number based on the town I was in.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCI had contacted Dave to perform a survey on my property that I have owned now for a year and a half, as this has never been done on this property since its construction in 1950. I am a corner lot, and abut two neighbors. The property lines seemed to be so obscure between neighbors, that I was even unsure as to where I should be mowing my lawn! Dave and I had email contact where I advised what I would like done, as I was looking to eventually erect a fence. He explained the job in detail and provided a cost break down of each service performed. He was much fairer than a previous quote I had received, with much more attention to detail of services to be performed. We decided to move forward with the survey, and although he was very busy, he was able to fit time in to complete the project sooner than expected. Dave was very professional, even having to deal with my nosy, and somewhat rowdy - rough around the edges - neighbors. They are very confrontational and always in everyone's business, and you can't predict what kind of mood they will be in for the next time you see them. I wasn't even there to be able to serve as a buffer, but you can bet I heard all about it! Giving this, Dave's promptness and professionalism was even more appreciated! The sooner I can get a fence up, the better! I had not purchased a map of the survey that would be filed with the town at the time of the service, but Dave let me know that it can be available for purchase should I choose to do so at a later date. It is my intent to do so. All in all, I thank Dave for his exceptional service, and wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave did a great job. He was very responsive to what I needed and answered all my questions. He also gave me great advice. He was also practical and ended up saving me money. I would recommend him to anyone who wants the job done right.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCHe was professional and efficient. He kept me posted and explained all the steps taken and what it entailed. He also answered all questions. In his proposal He also broke down the cost of each service for this type of job, which helped make my decision.
- Total Control Surveys, LLCThis Total Control Surveys, LLC survey went very smoothly and was actually fun in which to participate. Dave is an easy going, friendly person, who took our many "can you also include" requests in stride. I was amazed at the technology he brought to the project, and its speed and accuracy. Dave is quite thorough and meticulous in a profession that requires those qualities
- Total Control Surveys, LLCI can't say enough good things about Dave Sherman at Total Control Surveys. He was meticulous and thorough. When he discovered a potential discrepancy with our deed and earlier public records, he researched the issue until he was satisfied that the problem had been resolved. I would recommend Dave to anyone needing a property survey
- Total Control Surveys, LLCWe wanted a formal property survey done in case we ever wanted to build a garage or carport and needed the information for permitting purposes. In addition, our neighbors' driveway is very close to ours, and we wanted to make sure we were not encroaching on their property. Mr. Sherman's quoted price was much more reasonable than the others we obtained and so we went ahead with ordering the survey and maps (one for the town, one for us) and asked that any missing pins be replaced. Mr. Sherman laid out the cost for each item with us and checked with us each step of the way to make sure we were informed. Although at some points weather impeded our progress, we ultimately got the information and documentation we needed and are very pleased with the outcome. Our property had never been officially mapped with the town before and it was great to learn more about its history in the process
Last update on July 16, 2020
Land Surveyors in Ellington
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Follow these five steps to regrade your yard around your foundation and help protect your home from water damage.
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Find land surveyors in
- Broad Brook,
- East Windsor,
- South Windsor,
- Windsor Locks,
- Stafford Springs,
- East Longmeadow,
- Storrs Mansfield,
- East Hartford,
land surveyors in Ellington
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLC1204 Farmington Ave
Berlin, Connecticut 06037
- Flynn & Cyr Land Surveying LLC
- Godfrey Hoffman Associates LLC26 Broadway
North Haven, Connecticut 06473
- Godfrey Hoffman Associates LLC
- Rob Hellstrom Land Surveying LLC32 Main Street Unit #3
Hebron, Connecticut 06248
- Rob Hellstrom Land Surveying LLC
- SM Welch Remodeling16 Ogden Lord Road
Marlborough, Connecticut 06447
- SM Welch Remodeling