Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Williams, AZ
There are 3 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Williams
- C & L MaintenanceI was absent at work for the project. He waited until I made it home to give me updates and show me the progress of the work. He even let my dog out to go to the bathroom during the day. He was trusted with a key to my home, and didn't take a thing. He is very honest and trustworthy. I came home late one day and found him working even though it was 10pm! Bill Wanted to make sure I got an update on the progress before he left for home
- JDS ImprovementsThese guys were fantastic from start to finish. Their communication was over the top. At all times I knew what was going on and when anything changed that needed to be discussed. I checked with at least 5 other companies and none of them wanted to do the project . This company came right out the day after I called to give an estimate. The project was not easy as it was a mobile home that had three layers of siding. The only change in price was a small increase per window because of the unexpected layers of siding. Everything was completed in a timely manner. I am very impressed with this company and would recommend them to anyone needing a variety of projects done. I believe these guys are capable of doing any construction task. I thankful that this company was available to do this project
- Sedona Home Improvement IncWe hired Sedona Home Improvement, Inc. to do a variety of things around our home from building a retaining wall/ATV path to touch up painting to a privacy wall to drywall patching. Sedona Home Improvement returned every call we made to them in a timely manner. They were on time for every appointment. They completed the jobs bid in the time frame stated and did a quality job. We can not recommend these guys high enough. It is refreshing to do business with people that have integrity, are honest and strive to gain repeat business by doing a good job. We already have another list of items for them to do which includes a major outdoor structure. Impressive. Highest recommendation
- Canyon Meadows Remodel And Repairdelayed due to area fire communicated effectivly with my husband came when avail got job done. Its been through some moonsoon weather,so far held up nice.
- HOME DEPOT INCThey usually have the materials that I look for. The only dislike is that the store is so huge and I had to probably spend an hour and that is the reason why I am not giving an A. At Home Depot, I would like to have the categories more self explanatory so that I need not spend an hour looking for stuff. It is easy for me since I am familiar with the store. But otherwise it not easy getting around
- JDS ImprovementsI hate writing negative reviews, but in this case what I have to say really needs to be said. I'll never trust 5-star reviews ever again. I chose JDS Improvements based on all the many great reviews as well as my meeting with John Snyder (owner) where he displayed complete confidence that everything I needed to have done on my typed list was no big deal. However, I'd give JDS Improvements minus 5 stars for all the stress & anxiety they put me through. A promised 2 to 3 week job took 3 months with several items still not done or not done correctly. It held up the sale of my house by 2 months. After 3 tries to get things right & never did, I asked them to not return. No one ever called to ask for clarification or for any further details so I was under the impression that they were competent & understood all that was needed based on the walk-through with John & the 3 & 1/2 page typed list of instructions I gave to him. Initially I walked John through the property to go over numerous repairs & painting projects that I needed to have done on my house to get it ready for sale. John took notes & also got a copy of the 3.5 typed pages of repairs & painting work. He said no problem, they could handle every single problem in 2 or 3 weeks. I think much of the problem not only lies with John Snyder's seeming lack of communication with his workers, but also some of his workers almost total incompetence at what they did try to do. After the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd try at trying to do pretty simple repair jobs, John's many profuse apologies & expressions of shame & embarrassment were meaningless. After driving from Tucson to Sedona 3 times (3.5 hrs & 225 miles each way), & finding several items incomplete, done wrong or not done at all, I told John I was worn out, stressed out, extremely disappointed & couldn't bear to proceed any further. I asked that they not return (for the 4th time). This 3-month experience was dreadful. I asked for some sort of refund. $1,000 off on an $18,000 bill was cold comfort. However, John did not charge me for a garage utility sink replacement nor painting an indoor pond, where they did an excellent job, but these freebies were offset by the things they did not get done or did not do correctly. In a perfect world, John would have made copies of my list & given them to each worker. Then when done, John should have inspected each item to make sure they were all done before telling me all was done. But John actually did say he inspected the work himself & all items were done correctly. In all the years I've managed contractors & repair people & even done a lot of repair jobs myself I've never seen such an absolute shocking level of repeated incompetence in work and mgmt. It's like John simply grabbed anyone off the street who literally had no idea whatsoever how to follow directions or fix anything. Yes, it was that bad! Even after the 3 attempts at the simplest things, John always acknowledged the problem & shortcomings & always profusely apologized & in some cases said, "I'll fix this myself." If he did, then he is incompetent as well, but at the very least, a very poor business owner/manager. One good thing was that John always said they'd give it another shot & make it right whatever it took, which I really appreciated, but unfortunately, they just weren't up to the task for most of these pretty uncomplicated jobs. Before I drove up from Tucson, I asked & he said he checked everything himself & he assured me that everything was done correctly this time. NOT! After John called & assured me all items were done & looked great, I drove to inspect the work. I was horrified with what I saw. Instructions were not followed, many things weren't done correctly or done at all. The place was dirty & the so-called deep cleaning I asked for simply looked like a wipe-down. DONE AS REQUIRED, first attempt, good job Caulking, Reposition Microwave In Wall, Replace 2 Electrical Outlets, Clean Garage Door, Paint Pond, Garage Utility Sink Replacement, only some of the house painting. Instructions not followed, done wrong, and/or incomplete on the following: PAINTING • Edging work was perfect! • I told John to match the paint from existing paint that were in the garage for 5 colors. These instructions were also on the typed job sheets. They didn't! Luckily, John agreed to repaint all the exterior decking, house trim, deck railings, & hundreds of feet of fencing, which was a relief, but what a waste of time. They also had to repaint 9 doors - I asked that they be painted semi gloss to match with the old existing paint in the garage, but all were painted w/ flat paint, not even a good job at that. • John asked if I wanted a nicely weathered exterior spiral staircase to be painted! I said NO. They painted it anyway, then had to sand all the paint off, ruining the look. • They forgot to paint the entire front of house & half of one side. • I asked & was told that the trim would be caulked & all the nail holes filled before painting. It wasn't done. • I asked that a large picture window be caulked. They caulked the smaller stained glass window next to it. • Paint drips on flagstone floor & interior custom rockwork. • Old paint spray cans, rags & sandpaper pieces were lying around the property. WOOD STEPS REPLACEMENT • I asked that all the steps & landing boards be replaced going to a garage apartment & that they be secured with carriage bolts instead of screws. On 2 of the step treads, because those 2 steps were wedge shaped, I asked that 2" x 12" boards be used instead of 2" x 6". Upon inspection, the ONLY thing that was done was 2 wedge shaped steps were replaced with 2" x 6" instead of 2" x 12" boards that I'd asked for. After typing another list with detailed instructions of all the thing that did not get done or were done incorrectly, once again, the instructions were not followed. All the steps were replaced with the correct boards, but they were secured with screws instead of carriage bolts that I'd asked for. Instead of replacing the landing boards, only one board was replaced. How can anyone get this wrong twice! Especially when it was gone over in person twice & there were 2 sets of typed detailed instructions? This was the case with most of the tasks that needed to be done around the house. STRIP KITCHEN FLAGSTONE FLOOR & RESEAL • I asked Marco, John's foreman why it was not stripped as requested & paid for & he said, "the guy who did it said it would be too messy & difficult so he just resealed it instead." Huh? Are you kidding me? But I paid for stripping & resealing. Why did no one call me? STRIP & RESEAL CUSTOM ETCHED KITCHEN FLAGSTONE COUNTERTOP • Though it looked good it was not done with the same original sealant, which did affect the custom rock-etched design elements. What was used was clear exterior acrylic that off-gassed extremely toxic fumes throughout the house for 3 months rendering the house uninhabitable & unsellable. Being in the house for a couple hours I got a splitting headache each time. STRIP & RESEAL FLAGSTONE BATHROOM FLOOR • Same problem as above - exterior acrylic used that off-gassed toxic fumes that smelled like gasoline for 3 months. The correct sealant was NOT used & the flagstone floor no longer matched all the rest of the flagstone floors in the house. Ugh! MALIBU LIGHTS • There were several lights where the tops were loose & needed to be secured with glue. Each time John assured me these were fixed. I specifically asked because each time that they weren't getting fixed. Each visit back to the house I saw they were not fixed. However, on my 3rd trip back, one or 2 had sort of been fixed. The other 5 or 6 were untouched & still falling apart. GARAGE CABINET DOORS • I had removed doors to all the large cabinets & neatly stacked them against the garage wall inside. When they cleaned the garage floor, they left some stacked against the wall, others were stacked on shelves, & the rest were laying against the bushes outside in the weather. Very careless as they could have been ruined being outside! This happened twice after I'd restacked them. Someone does not know how to pay attention! FRENCH DOORS - BOTTOM WEATHERSTRIPS • I asked that a pair of door bottom weather-strips/sweeps be replaced that I had special ordered & paid $59 for - Ruined! They cut one 2" too short & installed it anyway - spiders, cockroaches, lizards, snakes & scorpions could just walk right in. I ordered another pair & they did those correctly. COUNTERTOP END PIECE • I gave them a countertop end piece kit to install (including kit instructions). Pieces from the kit were not used & it was done incorrectly 3 times. How could they get this wrong 3 times! HOUSE SIDING PIECES • 2 small siding pieces were supposed to be replaced (as per instruction list). Not done! Had to ask again! DEEP CLEANING, WINDOW WASHING • The absolute worst cleaning job ever! I asked for a professional deep cleaning & window washing after all work was done. All I got was what looked like a basic wipe-down with obvious dust & dirt still in many places. The sinks were filthy & looked as though they had just been rinsed out only. Some windows had been cleaned but many others weren't even touched & were filthy. They had to go back 3 times & it still wasn't clean. HAND SCRIBBLED NOTES • On the first inspection trip back to the house I saw my typed lists on the kitchen counter with notations on only some items marked as "done." But several of these "done" items were not done at all. On other inspection trip(s) back all I saw were abbreviated hand scribbled notes that really didn't cover what needed to get done. I can only guess they may have been notes that might have been taken while being dictated over the phone or something
Contractors in Williams
- Business Description:Phelps Precision Innovations LLC We can build from ground up, from start to finish, whether its new construction or a remodel. What makes us stand out is our prompt service. The owner, Titus Mitchell has been reliable in the construction line of work since 2000. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- ..Recent Review:Excellent, can submit photos if needed.Martha B.
- Business Description:B3 Construction is a full service commercial and residential remodel contractor, specializing in tenant improvements, room additions, bathrooms and kitchens. We have been serving all of Northern Arizona in commercial and residential construction work since 1995Recent Review:B3 Construction owner Bob Harris and his crew were awesome. Bob installed all new windows in our Flagstaff home. He was prompt with his quote and aggressive in his pricing. He was also very helpful with his recommendation for the type of window to install. The crew were professional, very careful about protecting the inside of our home and cleaning up at the end of each day. The windows look great and we are very happy with both the product and the installationWalter W.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Backed by over 20 years of experience, we are a general contractor, that can assist in every aspect of a home project. Customer Satisfaction is very important to us and what we pride ourselves on. We go out of our way to see the the customer is taken care of. From remodeling, to painting, to flooring and decks, we can help every step of the way. Owner ran and operated. Give us a call today!Recent Review:Never showed up to make a proposal. The project mgr. made an appointment and then his office called and changed the appointment and he never showed up. No one called us to cancel or change the time and we waited half a day. When we called him his excuse was they tried to call but that was clearly untrueLarry B.
- Business Description:CabinetDoors.Com (The Door Stop) is Arizona's oldest and largest manufacturer of fine quality Custom Cabinet Doors. We started in 1980 and have manufactured and shipped several million cabinet doors into all fifty states. Our staff of 60+ craftsman manufactures hundreds of cabinet door styles in eighteen wood types. All custom orders from one door to 1,000 doors will ship within ten working days. Orders over 1,000 doors usually take five additional daysRecent Review:ordered cabinet doors unfinished and selected predrill for hinges on their website. Order shows predrill request but the doors came without this option done. Contacted customer support and asked about fixing the error since it would cost me $30 to buy a jig to drill myself at this point. Sent them an email with a screen shot of my order showing I selected the option that was not performed but their reply was they did not show it on their end the recommended I go buy the jig and perform the drilling myself. There was an obvious issue with their computer system if they did not show the service I selected and their response was less than horrible in regards to customer service. Other than this issue I will say the quality of the doors themselves was good but their careless response will have me look at other companies in the futurebrandon M.
- Business Description:Amon Builders, Inc. was established in 1989 as a General Building Contractor, holding licenses in both B-01 commercial and residential building. Mike has been in construction for over 40 years, and doing business in Payson and the surrounding areas (Show Low, Pinetop, Snowflake, Holbrook) for the last 25 years. We offer competitive pricing while maintaining quality workmanship with state-of-the-art equipment and techniqueRecent Review:They were extremely punctual and professional for our first meeting. It seemed positive and we were looking forward to them providing us a bid and then conducting the work. However, we only received one follow-up email asking for more information and then never heard from them again. I have sent several emails and left several messages on their answering machine with no reply. We are now utilizing a different contractor to do the work. <br /Mark S.
- Business Description:You Dream it We Can Build It! 40 years of experience in all phases of remodeling. Family owned and operated. Old Fashion Quality craftsmanship at affordable prices. We give free estimates.We can provide any service with or without the use of our subcontractorsRecent Review:<p>Initial contact went well. I talked with the Office Manager as she the job. I sent the dimensions, a picture of where I had removed old cabinet and a picture of the door from the new vanity I had installed. I understood that this would be done on a as can basis. I expected a couple of weeks, though now the Office Manager is saying she said sometime in June.</p> <p>This initial contact was complete on May 21 and they said they would go ahead and order the door. </p> <p>On June 4, I requested an update via email -- no response received.</p> <p>On June 14, I called and was told that the base cabinet was built and they were waiting on the special order door,</p> <p>On June 25, I requested an update via email and received an email response that no progress had been made as they were busy on other jobs.</p> <p>On July 13, I requested an update via email and received a response from the Office Manager to call her.I called back immediately and was told that my cabinet had been damaged by their application of lacquer and that they would not complete the order.</p> <p>Points:</p> <p>1, When they told me would not complete the order, they made no effort to fix/redo or even recommend somewhere else that I could go.</p> <p>2. Sometime between June 25 and July 13 they were aware that they would not be completing the order. They did not make any effort to contact me, rather waited till I followed up.</p> <p>3. At no time in this process did they ever initiate any contact regarding status/issues/etc,,<br /> <br /></p> <br /DOUGLAS M.
- Business Description:Northern Arizona Restoration is a full service restoration company. We can do anything from fire damage restoration to house remodeling. We are the one stop shop in Northern Arizona for any of your housing needsRecent Review:The Northern Arizona Restoration team was incredibly prompt, providing an on-site assessment within 24 hours, with team members starting the restoration work within just a few hours of the initial assessment. Various team members returned over the next several days, completing different tasks, with the entire process being wrapped up within a week of the incident. In the end, if you didn't know what and where it had happened, you wouldn't be able to point out where the restoration took place. <br /Chris L.
- Business Description:We are a Flagstaff based General Contracting Company servicing all of Northern Arizona. Our friendly staff can assist with any of your home repair or construction needs.Recent Review:It turned out excellent. The price was reasonable, they stayed on schedule and it was very good workmanship.Darcelle I.
- Business Description:Outlook Construction & Remodeling, Inc. is a full-service construction company that provides personal attention to every detail of any size project a prospective client may desire. We work with only the best Licensed, Bonded & insured Trade Contractors. We are a Design/Build company that can create anything a client can think of. Clients work personally with the owner of the company in every detail. From design to final punch list. We also provide free estimates and consultations. Come see ou..Recent Review:Our home was completed on schedule and on budget and greatly exceeded our expectations. Steve's and his crew's work was exceptional. Flawless is the word that comes to mind. Their attention to detail was remarkable. For example, all of our door and window frames are Craftsman style and stained; Steve's crew carefully chose the lumber so that the grain of the wood would make a statement in each opening. They even mitered the end of each piece of molding and added a small return so the end grain wouldn't show. <br /> <br /> We wanted a Leed-certified home, which required considerable care in the design and construction of our home. Every detail--even two dumpsters, one for recycle and one for trash--had to conform to Leed requirements. Our home was awarded Gold Leed certification and is also Energy Star rated. <br /> <br /> Our experience with Steve was truly a pleasure. His care, workmanship, professionalism, and honesty are his hallmarks. We recommend him without reservationGerald F.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Ash Fork
- Munds Park
- Chino Valley
- Prescott Valley
- Lake Montezuma
- Camp Verde
- Happy Jack
- Skull Valley
general contractors in Williams
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Amon Builders, Inc.903 E Hwy 260 Suite 6
- Amon Builders, Inc.
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Ideal Building Solutions, LLC5431 N. Oracle Road #191
- Ideal Building Solutions, LLC
- Levelup Enterprises, Inc.18862 N. 62nd. Drive
- Levelup Enterprises, Inc.
- Northern Arizona Restoration2026 N 3rd St
- Northern Arizona Restoration
- Outlook Construction & Remodeling Inc2919 N 4th St
- Outlook Construction & Remodeling Inc
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- TERRY J KATTAU CONSTRUCTION7275 OAKWOOD PINES DR
- TERRY J KATTAU CONSTRUCTION