Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Prescott, AZ
There are 7 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Prescott
- Oak Wrench, LLCGreat! ARRIVED ON TIME EVERY TIME! I have been looking for a reliable handyman for over 3 YEARS. Jake is The Man. He communicates well, cleans up after the job, is extremely polite, goes the extra mile , explains what needs to be done in layman's terms, lets me choose the materials and quality of repair that fits my budget (temporary, permenent, or to infinity and beyond!). Jake, Chad, Jeremy, Will, all of his crew are wonderful to have on the job. I felt very safe and comfortable having them in my home. A+, 5-Star, Outstanding Company read less
- Moloney Construction LLCFergal Moloney and his team are EXCELLENT! They did a tremendous job, and we are very pleased. I would highly recommend Moloney Construction for any building or renovation project.
- Benbow ConstructionBruce and helper arrived on time and began the dismantling. They replaced the deck floor, rails, facia and steps including the paint. They replaced a leaky window w/one that was energy efficient. They did everything in a timely and professional manner. The deck looks great and there is now no fear of falling through. I felt the job was done extremely well with amazing attention to detail read less
- Hawthorne Handyman ServicesThe job was done right, on time and at a fair price. Brad is really good at communicating as well. I wish he could clone himself so we could do projects at my Phoenix home. Thanks again Brad. - Eric
- Atkins ConstructionOur front steps were disintegrating along with a huge slab of cement which was spalling (as well as darned ugly) and which covered a good third of our front yard! In addition we had crumbling back steps with no railings. Ray broke up that large slab of concrete, which turned out to be a huge job as it was at least a foot thick in places and carted it away. Replaced and wiidened and our front steps; framed and poured a new walkway to our front entry; framed and poured new back steps; and built a new stair rail for the back steps. He also volunteered to reverse the way our top gate opened and and dug up and hauled away a HUGE chunk of buried cement in our front yard. I never saw anyone work harder, and it was extremely hot! I found Ray to be knowledgeable, pleasant and professional in every way and would not hesitate to hire Atkins Construction again read less
- RenovationsSince Renovations purchases all the materials, it's impossible to determine the actual cost of the materials and labor. I assume they did their best to control costs, but would have preferred to see the budgeted line items. Some of the documentation that accompanied the materials (installation instructions, warranty, care & cleaning instructions) was not provided to us. We should have thought to request all the material before the construction began. Renovations took the time to understand our desires and requirements. They included us when making all the design decisions and kept us informed of their progress. Mike Gringas meticulously planned the details and coordinated the efforts of all of the subcontractors, while dealing with the unexpected issues that arose. If Mike was not happy with the outcome ? it was done over to his satisfaction. This led to a delay in the schedule, but was well worth it. The remodeled bathroom exceeded our expectations - thanks to Mike and his highly skilled team's diligent efforts. All of the employees and contractors were professional, punctual, and courteous. We felt quite comfortable leaving them to work alone in our house when we had other commitments. The work and surrounding areas were kept clean and uncluttered. No detail was overlooked, including professionally cleaning both the remodeled bathroom and nearby bedroom, raking the landscape rocks in our yard, and changing the air filter in the bedroom when the job was completed. Shawn Vacca and his team at Mile High Tile did a superb job laying the tile. Sean meticulously designed and aligned the diamond-shaped tile patterns, willingly cutting tiny pieces when necessary to ensure the proper placement of each and every tile. Renovations and the great team they assembled did a fantastic job making my dream bathroom a reality and I would highly recommend them if you are considering remodeling read less
- Hawthorne Handyman ServicesRoof: 1) Replace or repair broken tiles and secure loose tile on N. side. 2) Seal rolled roofing over patio at edge. 3) Fascia repair under gutter at patio. Scrape loose paint, caulk seams and paint to match existing. 4) Scrape and paint fascia on south gable end and secure loose gutter over patio Painting: 5) Guest b/r #1, #2 and bath. Walls only, 2 coats, no trim or ceiling. 6) Entry door bell chime wall, 1 coat. 7) Master b/r wall corner to corner. 8) Garage ceiling, repair cracks, texture to match and touch up paint. 9) Garage side door and frame. Repair, prep and paint 2 coats. 10) Patio ceiling, repair cracks and stucco/ceiling transition cracks. 11) Side yard metal gate, sand, prime and paint 2 coats. 12) Front door and shutters. Leave as is. Door hardware (materials supplied by owner): 13) 13 doors with privacy or passage lever handles and hinge replacement. 14) 3 doors with deadbolt and passage lever handles. 15) 1 door with exterior flush bolt and 4 hinges. 16) 2 closet doors with finger pulls. Misc: 17) Replace cartridge in hall bath. Confirm proper operation to shower/tub faucet. 18) Reposition high loop d/w drain under kitchen sink and secure cabinet doors. 19) Caulk grout cracks in bathroom showers. 20) Fix gas fireplace so flame stays lit. 21) Trim shrubs, rake/remove leaf piles. Clean out dirt from backflow prevention valve box. Turn on water supply at water meter, program irrigation clock and check operation of all drip system emitters 22) Adjust latch on side gate to close properly, no charge Overall, good pricing, excellent work, professional work ethics. Would definitely use again read less
- Benbow ConstructionThe work was done in timely manner. Bruce was punctual in all cases. All messes were cleaned up inside and out. I had no gapping holes in the skirting over night. The paint for the skirting and window trim matched perfectly and the painting was done neatly. Bruce was friendly and paid attention to all the little details and was very professional. We have other windows to replace and we will have him back read less
- John Hawkins ConstructionI live in Arizona, but have a home in Santa Fe. I needed some work done, and found John on Angie's List because of his high ratings. John was very prompt in getting me a fair estimate, and got the repairs done right away. He even called me on a Sunday to get an emergency repair on my boiler valve, and was able to get the part through his contractor connections. Without this, my pipes could have frozen and created a very costly repair. I'm a doctor, so I understand the concept of priorities: you take care of the most urgent situation first. He certainly did this for me. I would not mind waiting awhile for a lower priority repair, if somebody else had an emergency situation. John and his family even came to Arizona for a visit. We are planning to have him remodel our roof and loft this summer. I would highly recommend him read less
- Hawthorne Handyman ServicesBrad is very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. He came out to check out the house and then provided a quote before coming to do the work. I compared his cost to another local business and he was lower. He alerted us to other issues on our roof which he also repaired and we were very grateful since we do not get onto the roof. He also gave us some free expert advice on another structural issue. He did a great job. We will call him again for sure read less
Contractors in Prescott
- Business Description:Phelps Precision Innovations LLC We can build from ground up, from start to finish, whether its new construction or a remodel. What makes us stand out is our prompt service. The owner, Titus Mitchell has been reliable in the construction line of work since 2000. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- .. read lessRecent Review:Excellent, can submit photos if needed.Martha B.
- Business Description:Moloney Construction LLC has been serving Yavapai county since 2012. We are licensed, bonded, insured, and also EPA Certified. We are acting members of Yavapai County Contractors Association and BBB. All of our subcontractors are licensed, bonded, and insured. We cover all of our work with a 2 year warranty read lessRecent Review:It’s the most incredible porch ever. Perfect in every way! Fergal has a real talent for building and a great eye for design. People walk by every day and tell us how beautiful our porch looks. Also he did a major remodel of our bathroom 5 years ago, it’s still the most loved room in our house : read lessKristen S.
- Business Description:Sun and Security provides exterior window solutions, specifically designed to help with sun control and security. These products include, but are not limited to: security shutters, rollashield's, retractable sun screens, security screens, awnings, etc read lessRecent Review:Work was performed in a timely as well as very professional manner. I would recommend the shutters as well as the sun and security team, to everyone. Thanks sun and security!Aaron C.
- Business Description:Backed by over 20 years of experience, we are a general contractor, that can assist in every aspect of a home project. Customer Satisfaction is very important to us and what we pride ourselves on. We go out of our way to see the the customer is taken care of. From remodeling, to painting, to flooring and decks, we can help every step of the way. Owner ran and operated. Give us a call today! read lessRecent Review:Never showed up to make a proposal. The project mgr. made an appointment and then his office called and changed the appointment and he never showed up. No one called us to cancel or change the time and we waited half a day. When we called him his excuse was they tried to call but that was clearly untrue read lessLarry B.
- Business Description:Manning's Painting is committed to excellence and craftsmanship all over Prescott area homes and commercial buildings, we are here to serve you. We deliver high quality products and services always at the best price possible, 100% customer satisfaction is our main goal. We understand that a good prep and high quality products will deliver outstanding and long term results. Manning's do NOT believe in cutting corners! Ask about my Angie's List discount read lessRecent Review:Excellent. Mannings painting is the company who we have used for several years. He has painted inside, and outside for us in previous years. We have always been pleased. This project is intense, and the painters are extremely professional: Jason, and David. On time each day, very courteous, very careful and very detailed, and they do daily clean up. Matt Manning will be pleased to hear of our review which we will be happy to share. Ginger and Dick Z read lessRichard Z.
- Business Description:Custom and hand crafted remodeling and designing.Recent Review:The people of Tintas Granite were simply amazing. Everyone that I met were super professional. They took a lot of time explaining some of our options and helped us decide. The results are outstanding and we are very happy with the job. A test for this company came at the end of the job and they passed with flying colors. I gave them all A's because they deserve it. The workers that came to our house were on time, very professional, and cleaned up before they left. Bill, the owner, is one of the nicest people I know. His office is very welcoming with lots of smiles read lessJim S.
- Business Description:I run this business with my sons. We generally bid jobs out so the customer knows about how much it will cost, but we do work by the hour as well with the rate depending on the type of work done.Recent Review:Brad and his helpers arrived on time, worked hard, did a good job. The fee was reasonable.Darrell L.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Able & Ready Construction is a full service remodeling company. We specializing in kitchen and bathroom remodels as well as room and garage additions in the greater Prescott area. Our team works with you to layout, design and handle your project from start to finish. Our goal is to help you realize your home renovation dream and turn that dream into a reality read lessRecent Review:Our experience with Able & Ready was outstanding. From the first meeting with Amanda and Scott through the remodel of the kitchen backsplash with Clarence and Greg, their professionalism and attention to detail is impeccable. They communicated with us through every step of the remodel and the work was completed as scheduled. We will use Able & Ready for any future home remodel projects and highly recommend them to everyone we meet. Thanks again Able & Ready team! Tammy & Rich R read lessTammy R.
- Business Description:12 employees. Uses subs for specific trades. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. No extra charge for after hours service. May contact through email.Recent Review:DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. The work completed was extremely poor. The original estimate was increased by over $13,000 due to an “error”. Pasty ,owner, used low bid contractors for most of the work. This company was reported to the registrar of contractors in an effort to get the mess my house was left in fixed. Some work was corrected but once Patsy lied the case was closed. Horrible contractor read lessCindy S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Prescott Valley
- Chino Valley
- Skull Valley
- Cordes Lakes
- Spring Valley
- Camp Verde
- Lake Montezuma
- Black Canyon City
- Ash Fork
- Munds Park
general contractors in Prescott
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A New Look RestorationP.O. Box 1044
- Able & Ready Construction, LLC7245 E 2nd St. Ste. C
Prescott Valley, Arizona
- Abuzz Construction Services, LLC1477 W Horseshoe Bend Dr
Camp Verde, Arizona
- All American Handyman & Plumber8039 E Tranquil Blvd
Prescott Valley, Arizona
- All American Honest ContractorsPO Box 12315
- Apart Builders & Resortation LLC6101 W Parkside Ln
- Atkins Construction7378 N. Brilliant Sky Way
Prescott Valley, Arizona
- A New Look Restoration
- Innovative Property Service Llc25346 N 69th Ave
- Innovative Property Service Llc
- Oak Wrench, LLCP O Box 269
Skull Valley, Arizona
- Oak Wrench, LLC
- Peregrine Builders, Inc.6560 E Brombil St
Prescott Valley, Arizona
- Peregrine Builders, Inc.
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Sinnot's SolutionsPO Box 321
- Steven Bechtel-Handyman-RooferPO Box 1107
- stickworks llcPO 12263
- STIDHAM CONSTRUCTION INC850 W Damion Loop
Chino Valley, Arizona
- Stoney Creek Builders1960 Bumblebee Dr.
Chino Valley, Arizona
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Sun and Security303 W Orchid Ln
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space