SOUTHWEST DESIGN GROUP INC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2007

12995 N Oracle #141-187

Tucson, AZ 85739

Southwest Design Group makes your outdoor space livable by improving your exterior yard appearance and usefulness. We install items like concrete and concrete coatings, pavers, artificial grass, patio covers and gazebos, outdoor kitchens and fire features, pool remodels, landscape and irrigation.

03/08/2021

Robert D.

Joe and his team were excellent. He was very responsive, knowledgeable, professional, very pleasant to work with and went above an beyond. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Backyard repaving

Category awnings, hardscaping

11/09/2020

Connie G.

Joe Maas with Southwest Design group did an outstanding job sending pictures and communicating with us across country. He responded immediately to our inquiries and was sure to tell us of any delay. I will always call this company Whenever we need any work like this again.

Description of Work
Replace old asphalt driveway with cement pavers

Category awnings, stamped concrete

05/09/2020

marty C.

We just moved from California, and had no clue who to hire for our backyard project. Thankfully, we researched Angie's List and discovered Southwest Design Group. I highly recommend Joe Mass and his Southwest Design Group. They are professional, neat, and courteous. Joe gave me a fair estimate and showed up on time to perform the work. He and his crew were working at our home for two weeks and showed up punctually every day at the same time. We could not be more happy with the outdoor kitchen, grill and bar area they built for us. We also had a pergola built and Joe was very patient explaining the materials and colors with my wife and I (we can be kinda picky). The materials showed up on time and Joe and his crew built our pergola in a day and a half. We are all set to entertain thanks to the Southwest Design Group. I will hire them again to build a water feature in our backyard.

Description of Work
We needed an outdoor kitchen area and a pergola built in our backyard

Category awnings, stucco, house painters, sunrooms, outdoor kitchens

04/10/2020

Jason R.

Southwest Design Group was one of the only companies I reached out to who was responsive, quickly set up a convenient time to get a quote, and always called and emailed me back promptly. My job was done quickly and ahead of schedule but also with care and attention to detail. The improvement to my back yard is immense. I am very happy with the result. I highly recommend Southwest Design Group.

Description of Work
Pavers and rocks for a small back yard

Category hardscaping, patios

01/11/2020

Ryan G.

This is an excellent company to work with! Even down to the finest details, they make sure the job is done right. Joe is super friendly and knowledgeable. He has great suggestions!

Description of Work
Concrete counter top and laying pavers

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

11/02/2019

Melanie E.

They were great. The job was done well before the estimated time, and done well. The value was great, and they were punctual and considerate. I always knew when they would be here. Joe is no-pressure and easy to work with, and my new driveway is beautiful, looks like it was meant to be with my house.

Description of Work
Removal of asphalt driveway and installation of pavers

Category concrete repair, hardscaping, stamped concrete, patios

07/29/2019

David M.

Joe was able to give me good advice on installing and choosing the style and color of the pavers. He and his assistant arrived on time and did a wonderful job. I would recommend Southwest Design Group to anyone.

Description of Work
We needed to install pavers on a small patio and walkway.

Category patios

07/26/2019

Jen M.

They were very efficient, professional, and tidy. We are very happy with their service!

Description of Work
Remove and replace carport concrete and remove tree root below

11/28/2018

Pam G.

It went great! Joe really worked with us to find the right color and style of pavers. The guys doing the work were very cordial and easy to work with. They were prompt and worked hard while they were here. We are happy with our new extended patio area!

Description of Work
Add paver patio to back yard

11/05/2018

Phil C.

Came to job site & gave me an estimate. Tried to hire Joe (owner), but never scheduled the work & would not return my calls. Is this company really in business??

Description of Work
Stucco wall next to garage

11/02/2018

Doug F.

Worked us into his schedule since was rather small project (150 square feet, and several small ancillary projects). Had several workers begin project at the end of that same day after they had completed another job elsewhere. Next day (a Saturday) and the following Tuesday, Wednesday, completed project. Pleased enough to have them bid several other outdoor projects.

Description of Work
Finished a patio paver project unfinished by a prior contractor

Category concrete repair, hardscaping, patios

10/22/2018

Ryan H.

They were on time each and every day. Pavers looked exactly like we talked about. This company is a must hire.

Description of Work
Pavers installed around my pool

Category hardscaping

10/01/2018

Emily J.

We had quite a large job in our backyard to tackle. After three estimates and interviews of contractors we decided on Joe's company. Part of the reason was price and his portfolio was very good. Joe's demeaner is a very peaceful, calm and patient. He is very easy to work with and agreeable and also very responsive and communicative. Everything he said he would do he has done and they showed up and worked until the job was finished, except for a few days of rain delay during the monsoon season. Joe was very fair with his pricing and kept his word on all matters we discussed. He's a good communicator and very professional. The crew came every day and worked hard as well & I believe Joe was here on site everyday . The work went over the course of about five or six weeks. The result was good. We are very happy. Given our budget I don't think anyone could have provided a better result. I would give the overall job an A minus. I would hire Joe again without hesitation and would not hesitate to recommend him for work.

Description of Work
Artificial turf, resurface concrete, pavers...

Category concrete repair, landscaping, hardscaping

09/28/2018

Mike M.

The work was completed in a timely and professional manner. The company employees were competent, courteous and cleaned up when each job was complete. Joe Maas (the owner) was great to work with. Always providing bids for each job and when we made the inevitable changes. I believed that the prices quoted were consistent with the work requested. My wife and I are completely satisfied with Southwest Design's work and would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
We have hired Southwest Design three times, for patio surface repair, shed repair, roof repair, and various concrete work.

Category concrete repair, decks, roofing

09/24/2018

Efrain M.

Company does not do wall repairs per your listing.

Description of Work
Repair damage to block wall fence.

Category concrete repair, fencing

07/16/2018

frank F.

Declined to quote saying "WE DO NOT MAKE REPAIRS ON JOBS WE DID NOT DO ORIGINALLY!" What a crock of crap! Is this some sort of elitist company that is over-booked? Sorry, Angie, you're listing a loser!

Description of Work
repair/refresh decorative concrete in 2 patios

Category concrete repair, decks, stamped concrete, patios

06/29/2018

Steve A.

The job did not meet expectations for appearance or quality of work. If ths company is used would suggest making sure all details are spelled out in the contract beforehand, monitor the labor process closely and ask for immediate correction if it is not going as planned. If excuses are offered evaluate them carefully for validity before proceeding. Don’t pay the balance until you are satisfied that you got what you bargained for.

Description of Work
Landscape paving.

Category hardscaping

05/10/2018

Joan S.

Excellent. I have been a homeowner (in California & now Arizona) for over 40 years and have used many, many contractors over the years. Southwest Design was the best i have ever used. There were absolutely now issues, they submitted plans, got the permits, showed up early, worked hard, communicated with me and finished quickly. Obviously, I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
12x35 foot Patio Cover

Category awnings, decks, sunrooms, hardscaping, patios

05/10/2018

Joseph K.

absolutely terrific, very punctual, efficient, and professional. I would hire again for any project like this.

Description of Work
Inpaver drivewaystallation of new

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

01/22/2018

Walter S.

All work done on time and very professionally.

Description of Work
Front and back patio areas. Old flagstone replaced with pavers. A number of large shrubs removed.

Category hardscaping, patios

09/29/2017

Howard D.

Once I get it completed in October I will post more info if possible.

Description of Work
Sent messages on Angie's list for 4 contractors to do around 800 sqft of concrete between sidewalk (240) and new patio addition. Southwest Design was the other one to respond. I had to call and get 2 other estimates from contractors later. Southwest responded quickly and arrived to provide the estimate as discussed. I will probably use them for the work as the price was not the lowest but they have a good history on Angie's.

09/23/2017

Joshua L.

They did what I asked in terms of developing some advice on what to do, consulting with the home designer to know what to watch out for, giving me recommendations, scheduling work at an agreed price and following through and doing the work, including finishing touches. The work was handled in a couple of separate rounds. To be fair, I would say it is possible that in the future I will decide to try to have more work done on these issues (they are not all readily investigated or dianosed, but I would say that Southwest helped me put the first two chapters to bed. Points of strength included: - they did what I asked in listening attentively to the original house designer (that party has experience with many of these homes, so it was worth doing). - they finished the job properly.

Description of Work
There were indications that there might be some water getting to the concrete in two isolated spots, in my walls and roof. I needed this investigated and action taken, but only after careful consideration, and after the original home designers were consulted.

09/07/2017

Kim M.

Excellent. Joe and his crew showed up as scheduled and completed the job in around 5 hours hours without a break. The old 2x6 and 2x4 boards were taken out and replaced. The new boards had been painted ahead of time which expedited the effort. The finished product looks great and the price was very reasonable. I will hire Joe for other construction work in the future. A+ across the board.

Description of Work
Front porch patio lattice ceiling replaced

Category decks, house painters, sunrooms

08/08/2017

Vivi W.

Very well. Joe and team were professional and completed work as discussed.

Description of Work
pergola and paver sidewalk; some landscaping

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

08/03/2017

Alvin G.

Service was outstanding! Very punctual, courteous and communicated well. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Patio install

Category driveway pavers

All Terrain Landscape Creations Inc

All Terrain Landscape Creations is a full service Design & Build firm. We service residential and commercial clients in Tucson, Vail, Marana, Oro Valley, Green Valley and most of the surrounding areas. We provide landscape design and installation, irrigation system installation & repair, landscape maintenance, lighting, pavers, patios as well as water features, outdoors kitchens & bbqs.

THE CUTTING EDGE TREE SERVICE AND LANDSCAPING LLC

Get the best for your tress and lawn! We offer experience with quality work at affordable prices. With our background of 20 years, we can give your trees and yard just what it needs to look beautiful and healthy. We deal with residential and commercial properties, big or small. Call now for your FREE ESTIMATE. Whether you need a tree trimmed, weeds treated, a new irrigation system, or a complete landscape, we have the experience, tools, and knowledge to provide your outdoor space with the perfect look and feel to meet your needs. No Job is Too Big or Small!

Offers Coupon

Formula Concrete Coating

Concrete coating, Epoxy , Poly, stain .. Garages, Driveways, Patios, Walkways,Pool decks and more. Commercial and Residential..

Arizona
    Arizona: Contractors
    01/31/2022
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Concrete coatings for walks,patios and pool decks, pavers, concrete - pouring and repairs, new and remodel landscape installs, outdoor kitchens and fireplaces, patio covers and gazebos, water features, pool & spa remodel. Over 25 years experience providing professional quality work.

Landscape maintenance