Curious homeowners may wonder: “How big is a septic tank?” Learn the average septic tank size and shape, and which one would work best for your home.
Get matched with top septic system services in Brewton, AL
There are 1 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Brewton
- Soggy Bottoms Septic Service, LLCThey were awesome! Only a few minutes after I submitted my request on Saturday, Chris called and set up a time for Monday morning! He offered to come out on Saturday if needed. He was super nice, polite and professional. I will definitely call him again when his services are needed. I would definitely recommend his service
- Martin EnvironmentalGreat! They pumped a tank for a rental property that we have. I liked their service so much that I had them come to my house to pump out the tank there!
- Martin EnvironmentalI called Mr. Martin on 3 March and left a message about my septic tank problem. He was on another job at the time but got back in touch with me within an hour. I sent him a text with my address and asked him if he could come around 10 o'clock 4 March. He was here at 9:30 ready to go to work and by 12:15 he had cleaned the septic tank and heading to another job. He is a real professional at his trade and the way he treats his customers with respect is commendable. Bottom line is that I couldn't be more pleased
- Martin EnvironmentalHe was kind and cared about the urgency of the closing on my home. Tom got the job done and I am completely satisfied his service and professionalism.
- Martin EnvironmentalTom did a great job trouble shooting septic system issues at my elderly parents home. He took the time to find out why the field lines were no longer working. He recommended another contractor to do the work & help get a perk test. Tom is very friendly, knowledgeable and made my parents feel at ease about the process ahead. I highly recommend!
- Martin EnvironmentalOn Dec.26th we had septic tank/plumbing issues early in the morning.We called some numbers and got answering machines. He answered very quickly and said he could be there about lunch time he had one to do first. He came on time and took care of the problem. The work was more complicated than we thought . He took care of it all and was very nice about it .I recommend him to do this work.
- Martin EnvironmentalService was excellent. Mr. Martin took time to answer all my questions and give advice for avoiding future problems. I will definitely use Martin Environmental in the future. Work was compleated well and in a timely manner.
- Martin EnvironmentalIt went great! I called about 3 or 4 companies and no one would come out on a Saturday until I spoke with Martin's Environmental. He told me he was on a job but would head my way as soon as he wrapped that one up. He did! Arrived when he said he would and did an outstanding job!
- Martin EnvironmentalWe had a great experience with Martian Environment services. My husband called late Friday afternoon and they said "Yes sir see you at 8!" I would use them again and you bet I will tell others!!
- Martin EnvironmentalAs good as a septic tank clean out could go! Tom was super professional, on time and VERY reasonable rate. No reason to call anyone else and I'd highly recommend him for all your septic tank needs.
Last update on July 19, 2021
Septic Service Contractors in Brewton, AL
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Septic systems that run poorly can ruin your backyard enjoyment. Here's how a well-maintained drain field can help your septic system work well.
Find septic tank services in
- East Brewton,
- Frisco City,
- River Falls,
Septic Tank Contractors in Brewton, AL
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- C B Plumbing831 Springhill Dr
Brewton, Alabama 36426
- C B Plumbing
- GW Construction368 Prospect Rd
Scottsboro, Alabama 35769
- GW Construction
- R & R Backhoe Dozer Septic Services333 Bethel Road
Headland, Alabama 36345
- R & R Backhoe Dozer Septic Services
- The Plumbers LLC13275 Hwy 25
Calera, Alabama 35040
- The Plumbers LLC
- Water Systems of Alabama2779 Pelham Pkwy
Pelham, Alabama 35124
- Water Systems of Alabama
Septic tank companies that service Brewton
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.