How much does an architect cost? Having a new home or addition built is an exciting time. But before you hire an architect, you'll want to go over budget and timeline expectations. Learn how much it costs to hire an architect.
Get matched with top building architects in Chugiak, AK
There are 2 highly-rated local building architects.
Recent Architect Reviews in Chugiak
- Roche ConstructionJob when very well. Great contractor to work with in everyway. They did the design, provided a solid bid and completed the work in a very professional manner. Highly recommend.
- Roche ConstructionOutstanding general contractor. Provided estimate and schedule and stuck to it. We added several change orders because the work was so good. It's like having a new house.
- Spartan ContractingRenovation went excellently. in addition to executing work, Spartan provided design recommendations. Spartan were available for questions, responded in a timely manner, and worked within our guidelines. The work was done well. The project costs and timelines were explained clearly and appropriate documentation was provided read less
- Arcbazar IncResults: Amazing. I provide a modest cash prize for the competition, and provide details on the type of home we want, the characteristics of the site, zoning requirements etch. Designers interested in this project (A high-end passive solar home in my case) sign up for the competition and ask questions about our wishes and any constraints to develop their plans. The architects provided me with detailed floor plans, elevations, site plan, perspective views, sections, cut-away views, and in some cases construction details. The variety of custom designs was stunning. The award offered is up to the client, but higher awards are expected for bigger projects, and to attract more architects. I offered 2,000 dollars, which is less than I'd pay for an off-the-shelf plan from one of the house plan websites. In this case, I had 63 architects sign up, and 19 eventually submitted designs for the competition. Each was customized to our wants, our budget, and our unique site with exposure and views. They were incredible. The hardest part of the completion was deciding who was first second and third (award is split 60% 30% 10%), All of the architects were good, and it was obvious they worked hard and very thoughtfully on the project. Several submitted plans several times seeking feedback and making revisions before the competition ended. Getting architects from around the US and the world to design a custom project, even conceptually, for this amount of money is a deal. From here, one could either work with the designing architect, or take the plans to a local architect for final refinements and full-scale construction-plans suitable for permitting. Customer service from the website and by phone was immediate, and excellent. The website has a few wrinkles yet to be worked out, but the experience overall was extremely positive and rewarding. I recommend for anyone planning a remodel or construction project read less
- KRUGER ARCHITECTUREKruger Architecture rocks! My wife and I were searching for an architect to provide concepts and draft design blueprints for a new en suite master bath for our home on the hillside in Anchorage, Alaska. Other professionals in town suggested that the space we wanted to convert was untenable. Kruger Architecture proved otherwise. Christoph Kruger took time out of his vacation visiting his parents in town to inspect, photograph, and fully measure our 3 floor home thereby giving him the ability to work on our project from his studio in Seattle. He was fast, creative, and provided us with several options for our dream bath in a part of our home that was wasted space. The plan we selected was easily followed by our builder and now we enjoy our en suite master bath every day! Christoph Kruger/Kruger Architecture rocks read less
- Arcbazar IncFor me it went very well! I was more than pleased. I had a fairly large project, basically a whole house remodel, and they turned it around in less than four weeks. I turned my lakefront house into something like a corporate retreat, high end stuff. The devil is in the details. I would suggest whatever project you are doing, whether small or large, go to Houzz.com and get pictures of what you like (they have millions of pictures). I did that for every single room in my house, (16 of them). I gave them anywhere from 5 to 15 pictures for each room, and a small sentence of what I liked about it and what I did not like about it. Speak with the Arcbazar staff prior to submission. They have what they call "deliverables". These are things like drawings to scale, interior eye level elevation drawings, exterior, electrical & mechanical (the latter would probably best be done by somebody local). The more you can tell them, the better they know what you want read less
- Squires Design & Remodeling LLCAwful experience. Most unprofessional, untrustworthy business we’ve ever worked with. Showed up late, presented extremely limited design/construction options, extremely poor communication, required half of project cost up front, and finally made a huge mistake (intentionally placed wall in different location than planned) and refused to take any responsibility for it. Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and compromise, but was actually yelled at, lied to, and patronized before we were forced to terminate. Waited months for an actual invoice, after calling/texting/emailing on a near weekly basis. Requested a refund for work not performed and damages caused, but was denied. Lost so much sleep over this...still flabbergasted at the complete lack of integrity and respect for their clients read less
- Squires Design & Remodeling LLCOur design was approved by the municipality only after requiring substantive and costly structural changes that would balloon this project way beyond our budget. The Squires never once communicated this to us. At that point we should have taken the time to re-evaluate our plan and find a cheaper compromise. But all the Squires saw were large dollar signs in their eyes and things went swiftly downhill from there. They - the Squires couple - are incompetent, unethical, dishonest, and unprofessional. They sell themselves as something they are not. They got in WAY over their heads, underbid our project, assumed no responsibility for their mistakes, and left us with an unfinished mess. Meanwhile they took our money and didn't pay our electrician, the plumber, or the heating subcontractor. Consequently, we now have two liens on our home thanks to the Squires. We signed a contract that Squires Design and Remodel touts as the work they will accomplish for the proposed bid. He essentially abandoned the project, tried to fire our very competent carpenters, ceased communication, and never told us he was not paying the subcontractors. Meanwhile the house was still unfinished FIVE MONTHS beyond the original projected time he told us he would finish. Bob Squires wasn't answering phone calls from the countertop subs, the plumber, the electrician. They lied about being out of town when they weren't just to avoid confrontation with unpaid subcontractors. He kept asking us for more and more "over charges" some of them for things that had occurred 6-7 months previously. At the same time it was difficult to get the "credits" we were due for work we put into the house or mistakes that were made in the contract. He messed up every single bathroom in the house. Ironically he bragged about how he made it through high school "without ever taking any math". And it was quite obvious. He ordered the incorrect size vanity for a custom sink that we gave him the exact dimensions for. He incorrectly calculated the cabinetry for one of the upstairs bathrooms. He didn't reference the blueprints and ordered a custom made cabinet for the master bath that didn't fit. And because he neglected to drain our pipes during the construction phase and they froze (imagine that in January in Alaska) he destroyed $1200 worth of plumbing fixtures in the one bathroom we didn't plan to remodel. This freeze also caused $1500 worth of damage to an essentially new boiler. He ordered incorrect paint, incorrect windows, incorrect doors, incorrect shower stall. He would order incorrect quantities of tile and wood leaving us to scramble and figure out how to rectify his mistakes. He didn't order enough wood for our staircase. He ordered the wrong color flooring and then told us that it was a superior product to that which we actually wanted (it wasn't). He didn't order enough siding. However, he certainly charged us for the correct amount of siding and then left us to pay for it a second time over. I read a review another client of his wrote and dated 4/2013. This client talks about how attentive Bob was to detail and all I could think was that Bob was probably spending OUR money on their project while he had essentially decided to check out on ours. We felt phenomenally betrayed and wouldn't wish this man or his company (which has changed names multiple times - a red flag we didn't recognize until it was too late) on our worst enemy. Bob Squires needs to go back to pounding nails and has absolutely no business touting himself as a general contractor. I credit the fact that we have a lovely finished product to our excellent carpenters and sub contractors. The mixed blessing is the fact that Bob Squires actually did very little work on our house. I fear what the outcome might have been if he HAD been more involved read less
Architects in Chugiak
- Business Description:We are a 360 General Contractor and network solution provider for residential and commercial services. From Architectural , Engineering, 3D design, Green tech and smart tech and security to home remodeling and new construction with emergency service 24/7 makes us Alaska’s preferred construction company for 20 years and counting read less
- Business Description:Spartan Contracting is an Alaskan owned firm with over 100 years of combined experience in residential and commercial construction. We are a fully licensed, bonded, insured and residentially endorsed general contractor able to meet all your remodeling and new construction needs. We are also Municipality of Anchorage certified excavators and septic installers, providing exceptional value to our clients. From small remodels to full ground up construction, we have the experience and expertise to.. read lessRecent Review:The work was excellent, a bit pricey but worth it.Kari C.
- Business Description:General contractor We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today! read lessRecent Review:The work was actually a lot more extensive then either Brad or myself realized and as a result tole longer then expected. The foundation is wood and required a concrete reinforcing wall to attach to. Additionally 2 exterior staircases were build and some interior work. Very happy with the work and level of cooperation and patience that Brad had for my unending questions. Brad is somewhat of a perfectionist and it shows in his finished projects read lessJD B.
- Business Description:Our staff of carpenters possess the skills and knowledge that is required to meet the quality craftsmanship that is expected. They understand that we are guest working in your home and strive to complete the project with minimum disruption. We have a solid long-term working relationship with our subcontractors who perform the speciality trades. The foundation to our success is our ability to provide exceptional construction service and charge fees accordingly that is fair for the service prov.. read less
- Business Description:We are BEST ARQ, a design architecture online company in USA. We Can make all the design you need for pool, outdoor bar & grill, drywall sky, landscape, waterfall, wet wall, sky garden, addition house, guest house, and more. With a few info we Can make you a design of a Pool starting at $29.99 and a 3d model with render starting $69.99 high Quality. Try it now, if you are not happy get a full refund. We work with contractors, housewifes and people who needs a real and fast architectural de.. read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful architect articles
If you’ve ever asked, “what type of home do I have?” you’re not alone. Whether your home is two years or two centuries old, its architectural style says a lot about your signature style. Learn 11 home types and how to tell what your house is.
You'll spot colonial architecture spread across the country, from American Colonials in the Northeast to Spanish Colonials in the Southwest. But what makes a colonial-style home unique? Read on so you can recognize this home design without hesitation.
building architects in Chugiak
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!