From a worn-out sump pump to a flooded backyard, a French drain could be the answer to water troubles. Wondering how much it costs to install a French drain? Here’s an outline of the costs for each type and which factors affect the final price.
Get matched with top drain pipe contractors in Big Lake, AK
There are 6 highly-rated local drain pipe contractors.
Recent Drain Pipe Installation Reviews in Big Lake
- Alaska Streamline GuttersGreat work, fit me in before the snow fell, great price, knowledgeable, friendly, and did a great job with a great product.
- Advanced ConcreteI contacted Jordan at Advanced Concrete and he came out to give me an estimate in August 2012. Things didn't work out for me to proceed that fall, so I contacted him in June and we set up a time in mid-July. A day or two beforehand, he came out to the house and we discussed my plan and made a few modifications to finalize the project. I was very pleased with his suggestions and we were able to come up with the best possible plan for "my" project. There was nothing "cookie-cutter" about my project. Since my original plan to do the excavating ourselves didn't pan-out, Jordan didn't hesitate to fill-in and do the excavating and I was very pleased with the job he operating the bobcat that was needed for the task. On pour day, his wife came and helped with the finishing touches. Throughout the project he asked for my input, so that I was a satisfied customer in the end. I plan to use Jordan/Advanced Concrete again this summer for another concrete project. I was very pleased with the project, Jordan's professionalism and his ability to meet my specific needs
- GREEN ACRES OF ALASKAI had sought an estimate for a French drain. The way in which Gus described the job I had no doubt that a French drain was what I would receive. I asked if he needed me to be home on the day they did the work and Gus said he preferred I not be there. When I arrived home after work it was clear why he did not want me there. They did not put in a French drain but instead plastic piping alongside the house underneath rock and connected to my downspouts. I called Gus and he said if he had put in a French drain it would have cost double. I never told him my price range so he took it upon himself to decide what I could afford. I decided to wait and see this spring and summer. Yesterday was the telling day with the downpour. I had water running steadily from my downspouts on the right side of the house but on the left where the pipe that merely sat a few inches under rock barely had a trickle of water coming out to the street. I signed the contract on June 12, 2013 and he did not show up to do the work until August 1, 2013. He advised me they were correcting a major problem with their work elsewhere. This was my first disappointment. I asked that he keep the foliage that surrounded a birch tree but that was all removed. For $1,500, as part of the transplant job, he stuck in several of my wild roses that were already wilted. A couple of them survived. The only thing done right (that cost $500) was to patch the lawn. The rock is okay that he used for fill but I was disappointed that he didn't use dirt so the plants that he said he would transplant would once again flourish in that area. I thought because Green Acres had such nice television ads, and that they were a member of Angie's List that I would be getting a good service. I did not
- Arctic Mountain Development IncArctic Mountain Development (AMD) is NOT licensed, bonded & insured. They only have a "Handyman" license which allows work up to $10K in Alaska. Additionally, the company "Handyman" is only a salesman, Jason Wood. The company is a shell company for Prudential Real Estate agent, Dennis Wood (Jason's father). When AMD bid on the job, I negotiated buying all the supplies myself per their list for the project (so that I could get mileage). I was over charged $1800- and had already paid them. AMD refused to refund it. Additionally, they charged for four sonic tubes to hold up the deck but only installed three sonic tubes. I photographed their work daily at the end of their shifts to document their work and materials actually used. AMD refused to remit the over payment and I took them to Small Claims Court. We settled in Court and they paid me back $1200.00. I also filed a report with the BBB and they opened an alert on this company. I contacted the State of Alaska and began researching AMD's business license. The State of Alaska Department of Commerce, Division of Occupational Licensing Examiner found that, ?Jason R. Wood dba Arctic Mt. Development is not a registered contractor.? Print outs from the State of Alaska, Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing website shows that AMD is a ?business corporation,? and that Dennis L. Wood, is listed as a ?licensed Associate Broker,? for Prudential Vista Real Estate located at 4241 B. Street.? Further the licensing showed, Jason R. Wood, is listed as a ?licensed salesperson,? NOT a contractor! AMD is not licensed as a landscaper or contractor. I fail to see how having an Associate Real Estate Broker?s license could qualify AMD or any employee there of to perform construction services. Additionally, my other two neighbors had work performed by AMD during the same summer. The project they did for one neighbor was over $21K which exceeded the "$10K Handyman" license limit and was illegal! AMD excavated the driveway and replaced it. My other neighbor had pavers put in and was also over charged by $1000-
Drain Pipe Installers in Big Lake
- Business Description:Innovative & Practical Septic Solutions For South Central Alaska. With easy financing and thorough free consultations, we offer: * Septic & Sewer Design And Installation * Diagnostics, Repair & Replacement * COSA & Video Pipe/Sewer Inspections * Ground Water Remediation * Foundation Sealing, Excavating & Regrading Let’s face it…You should be confident in your septic solution. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to ensure all of our work is done properl..Recent Review:I had issues with my septic for months, was constantly getting clogs at the inlet to the tank. I had others come out and look and they gladly took my money to clear the clog, but never really diagnosed the issues. I finally called Wayne and got a diagnosis. Unfortunately my tank was rusted through in a few spots and had to be replaced. He quoted me a better price than anyone else and did the work fast, they even used some of the dirt left from installing a new drain field to widen my driveway and make it easier to get my boat and RV in and out. Wayne and his crew were great, friendly and professional, I wish i would have called him first, would have saved me time, money, and frustrationChristopher K.
- Business Description:We are providing unparalleled customer support and outstanding quality services in ground maintenance. Since our founding, we have built up a staff of professionals to serve your every lawn maintenance and snow removal need. We employ experts in lawn care, snow and ice management, and landscaping to give you a personalized and custom approach to your outdoor design needs. Our recent expansion has enabled us to expand our client base and revamp our landscape service offering. The mission of Qu..Recent Review:I got my car stuck to the axles in snow in the driveway of the house we're selling. Thought I could make it but no. He was there 15 minutes after I called! He not only plowed the driveway out but helped me get my car out of the way (he did most the work!) so workmen and potential buyers could get in there. He billed me about half of what I expected to pay. He's just a good honest guy and I highly recommend him to anyoneTressa Camille L.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoinRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks MatthewTyrone G.
- Business Description:Building Trust from the Ground Up! Invoices are Net 30Recent Review:John was very professional and friendly. You could tell that he cared about our needs and our property. He definitely knows his business, and expertly excavated and replaced our sewer line with minimal damage. The slight damage to our driveway was immediately taken care. We are grateful for John's Excavation and would recommend his services to anyoneJoe C.
- Business Description:Drain cleaning, septic tank pumping, rotor rootor, camera inspection and locate, jetting and hot jetting, steam thawingRecent Review:It was wonderful and they were terrific.joan h.
- Business Description:Quality Customer Service is our #1 Priority! We take pride in getting the job done right the first time. We do both commercial and residential services. Streamline Gutters specializes in the installation of custom seamless gutters, repair/maintenance, and cleaning by hand. Estimates are available upon requestRecent Review:Great! They had the material in stock, and since it was a small job, arrived the next day and installed.Teresa Z.
- Business Description:Lawn Maintenance & Landscaping Contractor JUST CALL A-1 !Recent Review:The following review is my personal experience with A1 and my own opinion only. Sadly, I did not do my due diligence on this company. It came to light from several people and digging further into reviews, after my experience with A1, that I was treated like many other customers were...horribly. My experience with the main employee, Ted, and the owner, Brett, was, how can I say without being a whiny woman, tragic at best. They both tried to intimidate and bully me when I questioned the inadequate job their company did. I filed a complaint about their improper grading of my property with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) when I could get no assistance from A1 to correct their mistakes. I suggest if you're reading this review you also read the review at the BBB website. Long story short, A1 did not adequately complete the work I paid for, the owner screamed and yelled at me when I called him on it, employee Ted conveniently forgot we spoke and in my opinion, had I been a man they would have treated me with much more respect. I would not recommend A1 or any other company affiliated with the owner or their employees. Read the reviews at as many sites as you can about this company, its owners and employees before selecting this businessLorna-Jean S.
- Business Description:I am a franchise business that is growing fast. Our mission is to always do more than what is paid for. We enjoy the trades and the motto we live by is " We think we know it all so just call"Recent Review:HE was professional, friendly, polite and just fabulous! I had called a plumber friend of a friend and they were going to charge me $150 from leaving their shop to returning, just for an estimate and repairs, I could not buy my own parts and there was a one hour minimum. I said no thank you. I called Butch, he was helpful and perfect. I am going to use him for everything!!!!!!!!! My husband is not a handy man at all and I can feel overwhelmed by my 40yr old log home~ I finally feel like I can start getting stuff fixed! He was honest and quick and cleaned up too! And he was sweet to my daughter! His add says "They think they know everything?so call them?" Im a believer! A good handy man can save your life, or at least make it so much easier! <br /Amy R.
- Business Description:Pyramid Enterprises has been servicing Alaska for over 20 years. We are a family owned company and take pride in our work servicing our community and neighbors. Our employees have been with us for an average of 10 years
- Recent Review:Of all of the contractors I've been dealing with during the construction process, Jordan with Advanced Concrete has been by far the most responsive and easiest to work with. While we have not been able to start the project yet, I hope to be able to use Advanced Concrete when the time comes. <br /Martin B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drain pipe installer articles
If you have an older home, you might need to use a pipe descaler to keep your pipes from clogging. Find out what a pipe descaler is best used for and when you need to consider hiring a pro to help you with the process with this guide.
A French drain is a ditch lined with gravel and inset with a perforated pipe that drains water. It usually diverts water to a drainage ditch, storm drain, or sewage system. French drains are usually installed in basements or yards.
drain pipe contractors in Big Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-1 Lawn & Landscaping6727 Old Seward Hwy
- A-laska Plumbing,Heating and Construction Services2261 S Hornung Rd
- Advanced Concrete4130 W Overby St
- Alaska Streamline Gutters9806 Newhaven Loop
- A-1 Lawn & Landscaping
- Bighorn Remodeling & Repair LLCPO Box 671462
Eagle River, Alaska
- Bighorn Remodeling & Repair LLC
- Courtesy Flush20808 bill stephens dr
- Courtesy Flush
- FM2 Inc.1451 E Parks Hwy Suite 207
- FM2 Inc.
- GREEN ACRES OF ALASKA8850 Runamuck Place
- GREEN ACRES OF ALASKA
- John's Excavating, Inc6343 Spruce Meadows Dr
- John's Excavating, Inc
- K and N Construction LLCpo box 3056
- K and N Construction LLC
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Matthew Horwich LLC
- Quality One LLCP.O. Box 872728
- Quality One LLC
- Rock Engineering4333 Butte Cir
- Rock Engineering
- Septic Solutions4400 E Dimond Way
- Septic Solutions
- Victory Drain Cleaning 504 W 54th Ave
- Victory Drain Cleaning