If you have an older home, you might need to use a pipe descaler to keep your pipes from clogging. Find out what a pipe descaler is best used for and when you need to consider hiring a pro to help you with the process with this guide.
Get matched with top drain pipe contractors in Nikiski, AK
There are 4 highly-rated local drain pipe contractors.
Recent Drain Pipe Installation Reviews in Nikiski
- Alaska Streamline GuttersGreat work, fit me in before the snow fell, great price, knowledgeable, friendly, and did a great job with a great product.
- Advanced ConcreteI contacted Jordan at Advanced Concrete and he came out to give me an estimate in August 2012. Things didn't work out for me to proceed that fall, so I contacted him in June and we set up a time in mid-July. A day or two beforehand, he came out to the house and we discussed my plan and made a few modifications to finalize the project. I was very pleased with his suggestions and we were able to come up with the best possible plan for "my" project. There was nothing "cookie-cutter" about my project. Since my original plan to do the excavating ourselves didn't pan-out, Jordan didn't hesitate to fill-in and do the excavating and I was very pleased with the job he operating the bobcat that was needed for the task. On pour day, his wife came and helped with the finishing touches. Throughout the project he asked for my input, so that I was a satisfied customer in the end. I plan to use Jordan/Advanced Concrete again this summer for another concrete project. I was very pleased with the project, Jordan's professionalism and his ability to meet my specific needs read less
- GREEN ACRES OF ALASKAI had sought an estimate for a French drain. The way in which Gus described the job I had no doubt that a French drain was what I would receive. I asked if he needed me to be home on the day they did the work and Gus said he preferred I not be there. When I arrived home after work it was clear why he did not want me there. They did not put in a French drain but instead plastic piping alongside the house underneath rock and connected to my downspouts. I called Gus and he said if he had put in a French drain it would have cost double. I never told him my price range so he took it upon himself to decide what I could afford. I decided to wait and see this spring and summer. Yesterday was the telling day with the downpour. I had water running steadily from my downspouts on the right side of the house but on the left where the pipe that merely sat a few inches under rock barely had a trickle of water coming out to the street. I signed the contract on June 12, 2013 and he did not show up to do the work until August 1, 2013. He advised me they were correcting a major problem with their work elsewhere. This was my first disappointment. I asked that he keep the foliage that surrounded a birch tree but that was all removed. For $1,500, as part of the transplant job, he stuck in several of my wild roses that were already wilted. A couple of them survived. The only thing done right (that cost $500) was to patch the lawn. The rock is okay that he used for fill but I was disappointed that he didn't use dirt so the plants that he said he would transplant would once again flourish in that area. I thought because Green Acres had such nice television ads, and that they were a member of Angie's List that I would be getting a good service. I did not read less
- Arctic Mountain Development IncArctic Mountain Development (AMD) is NOT licensed, bonded & insured. They only have a "Handyman" license which allows work up to $10K in Alaska. Additionally, the company "Handyman" is only a salesman, Jason Wood. The company is a shell company for Prudential Real Estate agent, Dennis Wood (Jason's father). When AMD bid on the job, I negotiated buying all the supplies myself per their list for the project (so that I could get mileage). I was over charged $1800- and had already paid them. AMD refused to refund it. Additionally, they charged for four sonic tubes to hold up the deck but only installed three sonic tubes. I photographed their work daily at the end of their shifts to document their work and materials actually used. AMD refused to remit the over payment and I took them to Small Claims Court. We settled in Court and they paid me back $1200.00. I also filed a report with the BBB and they opened an alert on this company. I contacted the State of Alaska and began researching AMD's business license. The State of Alaska Department of Commerce, Division of Occupational Licensing Examiner found that, ?Jason R. Wood dba Arctic Mt. Development is not a registered contractor.? Print outs from the State of Alaska, Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing website shows that AMD is a ?business corporation,? and that Dennis L. Wood, is listed as a ?licensed Associate Broker,? for Prudential Vista Real Estate located at 4241 B. Street.? Further the licensing showed, Jason R. Wood, is listed as a ?licensed salesperson,? NOT a contractor! AMD is not licensed as a landscaper or contractor. I fail to see how having an Associate Real Estate Broker?s license could qualify AMD or any employee there of to perform construction services. Additionally, my other two neighbors had work performed by AMD during the same summer. The project they did for one neighbor was over $21K which exceeded the "$10K Handyman" license limit and was illegal! AMD excavated the driveway and replaced it. My other neighbor had pavers put in and was also over charged by $1000- read less
Drain Pipe Installers in Nikiski
- Business Description:Innovative & Practical Septic Solutions For South Central Alaska. With easy financing and thorough free consultations, we offer: * Septic & Sewer Design And Installation * Diagnostics, Repair & Replacement * COSA & Video Pipe/Sewer Inspections * Ground Water Remediation * Foundation Sealing, Excavating & Regrading Let’s face it…You should be confident in your septic solution. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to ensure all of our work is done properl.. read lessRecent Review:I had issues with my septic for months, was constantly getting clogs at the inlet to the tank. I had others come out and look and they gladly took my money to clear the clog, but never really diagnosed the issues. I finally called Wayne and got a diagnosis. Unfortunately my tank was rusted through in a few spots and had to be replaced. He quoted me a better price than anyone else and did the work fast, they even used some of the dirt left from installing a new drain field to widen my driveway and make it easier to get my boat and RV in and out. Wayne and his crew were great, friendly and professional, I wish i would have called him first, would have saved me time, money, and frustration read lessChristopher K.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoin read lessRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks Matthew read lessTyrone G.
- Business Description:Quality Customer Service is our #1 Priority! We take pride in getting the job done right the first time. We do both commercial and residential services. Streamline Gutters specializes in the installation of custom seamless gutters, repair/maintenance, and cleaning by hand. Estimates are available upon request read lessRecent Review:Great! They had the material in stock, and since it was a small job, arrived the next day and installed.Teresa Z.
- Business Description:Drain cleaning, septic tank pumping, rotor rootor, camera inspection and locate, jetting and hot jetting, steam thawingRecent Review:It was wonderful and they were terrific.joan h.
- Business Description:We Insulate using Green Products (BioBased 501w Soy Based Spray Foam 1/2#, Demilec Heatlok Soy 2#, Demilec Agribalance 3/4#, Knauf Batts, Johns Manville Batts, Jet Stream Eco Blow in, Attic Pro Blow in, Climate Pro Blow in, Cellulose (Thermo-Kool) Blow in read lessRecent Review:The Estimate: The representative arrived as scheduled. We entered the crawlspace and he examined the area to be insulated. Photos were taken. We discussed in depth the one area that might cause problems and insured that I was aware that area might be problematic. He asked if I had further questions then informed me he would get an estimate after discussing the job with others at the office. A few days later the estimate arrived and it indicated in detail what would be done. Everything was outlined as I requested, giving particular detail to the one problem area. The Scheduling: After accepting the work description I was contacted by a scheduler giving me a specific day that the work would be done. The job details were covered again, I was informed of the deposit required, and was insured the job would be completed as described. The actual work: The work crew arrived as scheduled and on time. The first worker arriving once again briefly discussed what would be done. A short time later the crew boss arrived and he insured me that the work would be done as required. We briefly discussed the one area (the problem area) of concern and I was informed he was aware and would do his best to complete it. The work began. All of the old insulation batting was removed, bagged, and taken out of the crawlspace. I was amazed that there was such a small quantity of existing insulation. All of the rim joist areas were filled with foam as specified, then thick batting was applied to the perimeter walls and sealed in place with foam. The problem area was “opened up” and the foam was blown into that area. Upon completion I was informed that it would smell for awhile in the crawlspace but nothing was hazardous about the odor. I was shown some photos of the work completed. Later in the day I inspected the area. The job was very complete. The concrete walls appeared as if a military drill instructor had supervised the work. Everything was cut level and even and looked very good. I looked at the problem area and was amazed at the great quality of the work. That evening I noticed that my furnace did not fire up as often as usual and that the back room of the house above the problem area was much warmer than before and now the same temperature as the rest of the house. Follow Up: Within a few days I was called by the scheduler and informed that if anything needed additional work, to give him a call. The final bill was sent. Recommendation: Polyseal insulation gets a very high recommendation from me. The company used the minimal number of workers required to do a fantastic job. The area was left free of debris and I was informed to call if anything was not done as expected read lessJames W.
- Business Description:We have 0 employees. We use qualified, licensed, bonded and insured subcontractor when necessary. We can do the work based on a bid or by the hour. Rate is $50 per hour with $75 min.
- Business Description:We are a full-service, facility maintenance company. We provide many integrated services, but providing building owners with a single option for facility and parking lot maintenance is our forte. We offer our clients a higher degree of facilities maintenance. We give free estimates, and no job is too big or too small read less
- Business Description:I am a franchise business that is growing fast. Our mission is to always do more than what is paid for. We enjoy the trades and the motto we live by is " We think we know it all so just call"Recent Review:HE was professional, friendly, polite and just fabulous! I had called a plumber friend of a friend and they were going to charge me $150 from leaving their shop to returning, just for an estimate and repairs, I could not buy my own parts and there was a one hour minimum. I said no thank you. I called Butch, he was helpful and perfect. I am going to use him for everything!!!!!!!!! My husband is not a handy man at all and I can feel overwhelmed by my 40yr old log home~ I finally feel like I can start getting stuff fixed! He was honest and quick and cleaned up too! And he was sweet to my daughter! His add says "They think they know everything?so call them?" Im a believer! A good handy man can save your life, or at least make it so much easier! <br / read lessAmy R.
- Business Description:Green Acres of Alaska in Anchorage, AK, is your one stop for all your landscape design and hardscaping needs. We take the same pride in our work as you take in your home. We have been offering professional landscape design services since 1992! We only hire trained professionals to take care or all your landscaping needs. No job is ever too big or small! Whether you need an irrigation system installation or an outdoor fireplace installation, we are on it! Our main goal is, and always wil.. read lessRecent Review:When they found there was under $5000 in work they couldn't wait to leave. Said they would email me a bid but I never heard from them.. Four Seasons Construction ended up doing my work and did a fantastic job.Lorna J.
- Business Description:We are a locally owned and operated plumbing and heating company. We provide both residential and commercial service, for both new and existing construction. We specialize in new water heater installation. Our rates are competitive and our service quality is exceptional read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drain pipe installer articles
A French drain is a ditch lined with gravel and inset with a perforated pipe that drains water. It usually diverts water to a drainage ditch, storm drain, or sewage system. French drains are usually installed in basements or yards.
The first thing you’ll need to determine is whether it’s a spot repair issue or a total line replacement issue. Water main repair costs an average of $843.
drain pipe contractors in Nikiski
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-laska Plumbing,Heating and Construction Services2261 S Hornung Rd
- Alaska Streamline Gutters9806 Newhaven Loop
- A-laska Plumbing,Heating and Construction Services
- FM2 Inc.1451 E Parks Hwy Suite 207
- FM2 Inc.
- GREEN ACRES OF ALASKA8850 Runamuck Place
- GREEN ACRES OF ALASKA
- Handyman Services of North America6115 Chevigny Street #1
- Handyman Services of North America
- K and N Construction LLCpo box 3056
- K and N Construction LLC
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Matthew Horwich LLC
- PolySeal Insulation LLC2360 S Old Glenn Hwy
- PolySeal Insulation LLC
- Septic Solutions4400 E Dimond Way
- Septic Solutions
- Victory Drain Cleaning 504 W 54th Ave
- Victory Drain Cleaning