Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Columbus, OH
There are 115 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Columbus
- Ohio Exteriors LLCRoofs were replaced on our large two story Georgian house and detached garage. A flat section on the house (a connector) had been previously replaced by another firm and was not replaced by Ohio. That other firm was not selected to do the work because of Ohio’s great responsiveness and knowledge shown in the quoting process. Ohio was priced slightly lower than that firm, but not the lowest among the three bidders. It all came down to trust. Ohio even ran our shingle selection through the approval process with our architectural review committee and got them approved for us. The shingles were on par with the quality of those already approved, but we’re less expensive. On the actual roof replacement, there were minor challenges with the dormer trim from the replacement work, which Ohio came back out and fixed within a couple of days. About a year later, there were some major wind challenges that blew off a couple of shingles on the vents and an animal pulled back some flashing to try to get into the attic, neither of which I would blame Ohio for. Ohio made those two separate trips out to fix those problems the next business day, even when the problem was not a roof replacement problem. I was impressed! Overall, we have been very pleased with our selection of Ohio Exteriors to replace our roof. We would definitely use them again and refer them to others. Thanks, Ohio Exteriors for a job well done
- A-1 Quality CarpentryIt went very well! Jeff was awesome to work with, responsive and super professional. The work was done faster than I anticipated. The deck looks and feels GREAT. I would recommend to anyone.
- Buckeye House PaintingWe had a GREAT experience with Buckeye House Painting. Katie and Bob were always responsive to our queries, always on time and efficient, and super helpful with color selection. Dulce and her excellent team of painters were true professionals and very skilled at their craft. Every part of this experience was what I would expect from a high-end service provider except the cost, which was very reasonable
- A-1 Quality CarpentryThe project was finished on time as mentioned in the contract and within the quote provided. Mr. Prude was professional and deck work was of high quality. He obtained the required the city permit and scheduled the inspection right after the completion of work. I would hire him again. Thank you.
- Honey Do Home Improvements LLCFred and his brother are great. They are always on time. We are very pleased with their work. They incorporated some of their ideas to make things look nicer. We would use them again.
- A-1 Quality CarpentrySo glad I found Jeff Prude with A-1 Quality Carpentry. Truly A-1 quality and service. Awesome guy and does great work with attention to detail! He listened, addressed concerns, and made sure nothing was forgotten. Very good spirited guy. Showed up when he said he would. Everything went smooth even after I needed to make a couple of changes to the original plans. Good communication too. He follows up and doesn't seem to skip a beat. My deck turned out even better than I imagined! I am 110% satisfied with the deck and quality of work. I highly recommend him and his company!
- Midwest MasonryThe job as always was very well done. The patio is amazing in the backyard of our new home. Max also did the work on the addition garage we had built. The floor and driveway extension. We have used Midwest before and will continue. We had a driveway, sidewalk, and aggegate patio poured at our old home, and were very happy with it as well. Max has always been fair, timely, and professional. He does exactly what he says he will, and makes suggestions if asked to improve the project. He and Darnell work their a**es off. Most of this years work was performed during the extreme heat, but they never slowed down. Anyone would be smart to hire this company. Daniel & Melissa Maso
- Mr. Handyman of West ColumbusFantastic!!! Sean Turner did the best job I could have hoped for. He cleaned the gutter and the downspout. Also reinstalled dislodged gutter guards and cleaned off the entire patio canopy. He is a great communicator; in that he informed me of every step of the process as he went. Took time to explain everything in "layman's terms" to this elderly lady client. I would hire Sean again in a heartbeat -- he is a fantastic individual. He was punctual and went right to work upon arrival
- MJH Construction LLCMyron was very responsive during a time when it has impossible to get help. I had an emergency situation where he coordinated with my plumbers to fix a problem that was causing off gassing, foul smell. He was on time, very professional & cleaned up well afterwards being sure to vacuum up all additional wood shards left on the floor. He was very pleasant to work with in a different situation
- Ohio Exteriors LLCOhio Exteriors replaced the siding and gutters on my house. They did a great job! I would definitely hire them again.
Contractors in Columbus
- Business Description:Owner operated. No subs. Charges a flat rate. No travel charges. No service fees. May contact through email.Recent Review:Tony was a pleasure to have work done at our home. He did a wonderful job at a very fair price. With the lumber shortage Tony took extra care to source the cedar for the project. He is a very careful , conscientious and organized. Brought the right saws and tools for the job. Couldn’t be happier. He told us of the other types of work he does and we will use him in the future no question about that. Tony WorthingtoTony P.
- Business Description:Remodeling and transforming homes in Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas for over 18 years. With Angies List for 15 with Super Service Awards nearly every year. Also featured on Houzz.com with awards in customer service every year since we joined. Offering full kitchen and bath remodels, all budget friendly and custom build to plan. You dream it we will make it happenRecent Review:We recently moved into a new house and chose Renaissance to remodel this house after an excellent job at the old house. The scope for this remodel was large: removing load bearing walls, removing an exterior door, enlarging a bathroom, and enlarging and moving the kitchen. This required electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and drywall work that was subcontracted. Renaissance installed flooring, cabinets, and other finishes. We got lots of help from Todd to determine what layout was possible and how to configure the new space. He also helped directly with major selections like cabinets and countertops, and provided great contacts for other choices like backsplash tile and lighting. Throughout the project, we were able to speak with the team to understand progress and ask questions. Remodeling is a messy job, but they made reasonable effort to contain the dust. The original schedule was approximately 10 weeks and the actual completion was about 2 extra weeks. We have been thrilled with the new space and several people have commented on the craftsmanship in our remodel. We would certainly recommend Renaissance for remodelingAndrew C.
- Business Description:Additional contact names - Sean Kirkpatrick, Dominic Boyden. Additional phone - (614) 419-4798.Recent Review:The company did an excellent job. They were thoroughly professional and the work was done to perfection (literally). The flooring and trim look beautiful and the work is very detailed down to the last bit of trim. The tile in the foyer and half bath was also well done as were the installing of a new pedestal sink in that bathroom. The workers also cleaned up every day following the days work and they even cleaned the new wood floors once the job was finished. We are very happy with the work and the price and would certainly call Boyden Renovations again if we have additional remodeling workPaul V.
- Business Description:As a local family owned business with 30 years experience we help you make the decision that assures the beauty, durability and security of your home for years to come. From weather protection to contractor safety, we strive to provide you with the best in class performance. You being the customer can choose from most styles, sizes and colors in the industry to accent your home beautifully. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to show you the things you can do to update your home wit..Recent Review:Ron and his crew from Richardson Exteriors were nothing shy of incredible to work with. Ron was very honest and extremely helpful throughout the process of picking out siding, etc. His crew worked hard and did an amazing job and were very professional. I would highly recommend Richardson ExteriorsColleen S.
- Business Description:My Handyman has more than 25 years experience in all phases of construction, remodeling and repairs. For your peace of mind, all of our staff have background checks and arrive in our clearly marked trucks. Our service is built around your schedule.Your project will be completed using our skilled and highly trained professionals. You can have those tasks accomplished that you may not have the time or expertise to complete. Here at My Handyman we are revolutionizing the industry bringing a high..Recent Review:Called the company and left message, they did not bother to return call.scott j.
- Business Description:We're family owned and specialize in kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, and basement finishing. We have a great group of professionals who are courteous and take the time to do things right. We also have our very own custom cabinet shop that can create custom cabinets to suit any needRecent Review:Phil did an amazing job building me a wall of built-in bookcases for my scrapbooking hobby! He was open with me about his timeline, communicated clearly, met me once for an estimate of our work and then met me again for a very detailed meeting on exactly what we were doing - he brought his computer with mock-ups of our project and tweaked the mock-up on site as we changed, added and deleted items. Phil listened to my desires and ideas and bounced back amazing ideas of his own to come up with something even better than I could imagine. I know have the built-ins of my dreams!!!! I recommend Baker Group 100%!!!BRANDAN R.
- Business Description:We want to keep our customers safe, we can come out and do a FREE estimate and the customer does not need to come meet us outside. We will then send the estimate via email. WE FOLLOW SAFE DISTANCING PRACTICES Call us at 317-413-6654 Specialising in Commercial and Residential Exterior Repair, Restoration and installation of traditional Stucco, Synthetic Stucco and EIFS, waterproofing, Painting exterior and Luxury limestone Fireplaces.Recent Review:If you need any Stucco work done, this is the company to do the job. Sergio was professional and a pleasure to work with throughout the experience from initial estimate through the completion of the job. This was a difficult job, and the result was incredible, and the cost more than fair. Sergio is one of the most ethical contractors I have ever had the pleasure to work withRich J.
- Business Description:I am the OWNER and FOUNDER of All Star Painting. I take a great deal of pride in my work, which is why I do not subcontract any of my work out, like many other companies. My 35 years of EXPERIENCE enables each customer to receive the best quality results possible, on every job I doRecent Review:We took advantage of Angie's List special to get our family room painted for $245 plus paint costs. It took awhile to get this painting work scheduled since All-Star Painting was busy completing outdoor projects while the weather conditions were good. We selected our Sherwin Williams paint color and Ed Antauer II picked it up or us and used their contractor discount to save us some money. All-Star Painting showed up on time and completed our painting work in a very professional and timely manner. They applied 2 coats of ivory paint to our living room walls that covered the existing dark scarlet paint and made our home look considerably brighter. They also touched up a few other ceiling areas during their trip and didn't charge us for that work. We are very pleased with their work and highly recommend All-Star Painting!Gary B.
- Business Description:1 employee. Charges an hourly rate.Recent Review:He did an amazing job fully repainting the inside of the house including, trim, cabinet and wood work. This is the second job he has completed for us and we can’t wait for his professional work on the next projectAdam C.
- Business Description:Since 1995 we have specialized in bathroom remodeling. Upgrade any bathroom at a fraction of the cost and time it usually takes with Columbus Bath Design. Bathroom Design With You in Mind! Click profile to see photos of our workRecent Review:The entire team at Columbus Bath Design did an outstanding job. The quote was quick and much more reasonable than others we compared. They arrived on time, left on time, and completed the job on time. Michelle’s staff have all been working for her for 10+ years which is the type of company you want to trust in your home. The team was neat, clean and very trustworthyMatthew B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Upper Arlington
- Grove City
- New Albany
- Lewis Center
- Shawnee Hills
general contractors in Columbus
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Basement 2 NV11077 Saylor Rd
- A Brush of Class Painting Services Inc11828 Crouse-Willison Rd
- A Buckeye Construction LLC1856 Ridgebury Dr
- A-1 Quality Carpentry911 ROBINWOOD AVE
- A-Plus Inspections, LLC260 Links Dr
- A-Team Construction & Maintenance Co.644 Old Farm Rd
- A:Z Contracting, LLC8220 Richardson Rd.
- AA ALWAYS AFFORDABLE1933 E DUBLIN GRANVILLE RD
- AAA Renovations, LLC140 N. Roys Ave
- ABBRUZZESE BROTHERS INC7775 Smith Calhoun Rd
Plain City, Ohio
- ABS Interiors of Mid-Ohio LLC681 Brae Burn Road
- Absolute General Contracting180 Birch St. Apt B
Mount Vernon, Ohio
- ACTION PAINTING & HANDYMAN1223 CAROLYN AVE
- Adams Contracting2281 Alisons St
LEWIS CENTER, Ohio
- Advanced Concepts Inc10311 Slough Rd
Canal Winchester, Ohio
- AFAB Services64 West Street
- Affordable Home Remodeling863 Lakefield dr.
- Affordable Interior Finish Carpentry & Floors5421 Sinclair Rd 614 402 3107
- ALBERT'S REMODELING AND REPAIR, LLC256 AINSWORTH AVE
- ALL CHOICE HOME IMPROVEMENTS LLC346 Wyndham Park S
- All Inclusive Roofing2635 Queensway Dr
Grove City, Ohio
- ALL STAR PAINTING1144 Mcneil Drive
- AMERICAN GLOBAL RENOVATIONS1900 E COOKE RD
- American Handyman902 E Gambier St
Mount Vernon, Ohio
- American Master Craftman135 S Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd
- American Vinyl LLC41 South Grant Avenue
- American Weathertechs LLC - Cincinnati8892 Beckett Rd
West Chester, Ohio
- American Weathertechs LLC - Columbus651 Lakeview Plaza Blvd
- AMIRAULT'S REMODELINGPO BOX 1105
- ANDERSON REMODELING & CONSTRUCTION LLC6144 Jefferlyn Dr
- Ansten Handyman Services295 Winter Hill Pl
- Anthony-Paul Handyman & Cleaning Services LLC10821 Wadsworth Ave
- APCO | The Architectural Products Company777 Michigan Ave
- Apex Property Pros LLC1246 Hubbard Rd.
- ARK PRODUCTIONS76 W TULANE RD
- AROUND THE HOUSE HOME IMPROVEMENTS LLC370 MEADOW KNOLL CT
- ARROWHEAD CONTRACTORS INC399 POSTLE BLVD
- ASA Carpentry308 Hubbard Rd
- ASA Remodeling264 W Main St.
- Ashby Home Repair9398 State Route 56 E
- ATW Interiors1414 N Hague Ave
- Avanti Home Improvements,LLC6777 Retton Rd
- AW Construction4860 Briargrove Dr
- Awesome Woodwork420 E 5th Ave B
- A Basement 2 NV
- B & L CONTRACTING4445 GARY WAY
- Backwood Builders LLC1493 Forest Brooke Way
- Baker Group Remodeling12302 Roberts Rd
- BALL DECORATINGPO BOX 60
- BARKER CONTRACTING SERVICES137 WEISHEIMER RD
- Bartolone's Custom Trim7480 Maxtown Rd
- Barton Builders Inc13170 Basil Rd NW
- BATTISTE CREATIVE CARPENTRY8010 STEMEN RD
- BB&M GROUP LTDP.O. Box 1423
- Beacom Construction Co LLC5437 County Rd 25
- Beaty Contracting1222 Shagbark Rd
- Bell Tree Productions LLC8608 Morris rd
- BEN-TEL COMMUNICATIONS/KRAFTED BY KOHLER5540 ROCHE DR
- Benchmark Roofing668 Radio Dr
LEWIS CENTER, Ohio
- Berger Building Services6615 Julian Rd SW
- Bidner Construction and Remodeling LLC433 denwood court
- BILL MASSUROS3385 Willowood Pl
Grove City, Ohio
- Billing's Home Services3057 Shadywood Rd
- Billingsley Carpentry4002 Summerstone Dr
- BJD Construction Services404 S Monroe Ave
- Blasing Home Improvements5653 Balkan Pl.
- BOB WHITE CONSTRUCITON5534 CIRCLE S DR
- BOLON CONSTRUCTION & DESIGN2551 MCVAY BLVD W
- BONAVUCATURA CUSTOM CARPENTRY52 MONTROSE AVE
- Bone Dry Roofing Inc -Columbus3500 Parkway Ln
- Bowers home and lawn177 S Wayne Ave
- Boyden Renovations LLC3310 Cabin Rd
Grove City, Ohio
- Bradley Builders Inc182 W Royal Forest Blvd
- Brainard's Woodworking For Your Home5730 Worthington Rd
- BRIAN CONLEY3271 RIVERPOINT CT
- Brighton Works233 Brighton Rd.
- Broadview Windows97 S Liberty St
- Broski Services & ConstructionP.O. Box 329
- BRYAN BARNES952 Willow Bluff Dr
- Bryants Home Repair4379 Alameda Dr.
Grove City, Ohio
- Bubs Handy Services5266 Williamsburg Cir
- Buckeye Basements Inc406 Firestone Dr
- Buckeye Building Solutions Ltd52 Westerville Sq #217
- Buckeye Construction and Renovations342 S. Main st.
- Buckeye Handyman And Remodelinga80 Clinton Heights Ave
- Buckeye Home Consulting, LLC8151 Storrow Dr.
- Buckeye Home Pros and Property Maintenance7611E Sawmill Commons Lane
- Buckeye House Painting204 S Liberty St
- Buckeye Restoration4004 Miller-Paul Rd
- Building and Construction Services LLC340 W 2nd Ave
- Burgett Painting & Home Improvement1480 Ellsworth Ave
- Burke Independent Contracting105 S Hartford Ave
- BUTLER & BUTLER CONSTRUCTION3088 WILLOW SPRING
- B & L CONTRACTING