My Handyman

Founded 1986 • With Angi since June 2009

My Handyman has more than 25 years experience in all phases of construction, remodeling and repairs. For your peace of mind, all of our staff have background checks and arrive in our clearly marked trucks. Our service is built around your schedule.Your project will be completed using our skilled and highly trained professionals. You can have those tasks accomplished that you may not have the time or expertise to complete. Here at My Handyman we are revolutionizing the industry bringing a higher standard of excellence to your home and business. Your satisfaction is our highest priority. Some of our service's include Gutter Guards and Gutter Cleaning, Additions, Decks, Composite, Concrete, Paver Patio's and retaining walls, Sunrooms, Four Season Rooms, Basement Finishing, Siding Repair and replacement, TV’s Mounting with hidden wiring, Kitchen Remodels, Bath Renovations, Tile, Carpentry, Caulking, Grouting, Drywall, Painting, Flooring - including Ceramic, Stone, Hardwood, LVT, Luxury Vinyl, & Laminate, Glass Repair and Replacement, Screen Repair, Wood Rot, Windows & Door Replacement, and so much more! Contact My Handyman at (614) 419-2676 or email us at contactus@myhandymancolumbus.com to schedule an appointment today! You may also visit our website at www.myhandymancolumbus.com for more information....

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

“ONE CALL DOES IT ALL”

+28 more images

4.4

handyman (175)decks & porches (25)home remodeling (22)woodworking (22)plumbers (17)drywall (17)lighting (16)door installation (13)gutter repair (12)interior painting (11)house painting (11)gutter cleaning (10)

08/30/2022

William C.

He did a great job and we even tried to hire him again. His estimate was fair and his carpentry skills were excellent. He is busy but we would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
He made a gate from scratch for our patio.

Category contractors, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

12/03/2021

Anthony Z.

they were good, everything that ask them to do was really good.

Description of Work
november -- number thing around my house . gutter cleaning . fix things

Work Completed On 12/03/2021

05/06/2021

scott J.

Called the company and left message, they did not bother to return call.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category appliance repair, house painters

Work Completed On 05/06/2021

[Member Name Removed], We never received your voicemail.. If you would like to reach out to me again directly please call or text me directly. My cell phone number is (614) 419-2676. Thank you! Trey My Handyman trey@myhandymancolumbus.com

02/11/2021

Jeanne S.

Great work! I liked being able to put in my request online. Trey got in touch after the initial request to set up a date for the work to be done. Richard did a fantastic job with the bathroom “mini-renovation”! He was ON TIME, professional and knowledgeable. Everything took a couple of days and cost approximately $900. I would hire them again for EVERYTHING I need repaired or replaced around my house! Totally happy with them!

Description of Work
Replaced two toilets, shower doors and bath and shower fixtures in 2 bathrooms.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

01/13/2021

Jonathan M.

When I first requested an appointment, they had a long waiting list (which I understood). I was willing to wait a full month to have them complete the services. However, after our slotted time window passed, I had to call and see why no one came. They apologized, said that the person was running behind, and would need to bump us to a full week from now. After already waiting a month, I can't chance us getting "bumped" again another week. While they are very polite to speak with, don't count on them keeping their commitment.

Description of Work
Needed exterior siding rehung

Category appliance repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

Im sorry but i think you have the wrong company. I just looked through our phone, text, and email records and can't find any correspondence with you. I also checked out scheduled all the way back to october and don't have you on our schedule anywhere. Can you please call or text me to discuss? Thank you! My Handyman Trey 614-419-2676

12/04/2020

Diane G.

Trey Curran gave us a job soultion and estimate that we liked and had not thought of. Once they got to us, the work was completed within one day. Workers were respectful, tidy, efficient, and the worksmanship looks great. We are very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Under deck finsiehd with a celing for a patio

Category decks, dog fence

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

08/27/2020

valetia T.

Amazing job!!!! We needed an interior stair leveled to our upper level. Instead of just using a quick fix, Ernestino reengineered how the nose of the stair connected to the subfloor so it would be very solid. It’s difficult to explain but it was creative and well thought out. While he was at it he also fixed some shoddy work the builder did. There was a long unsafe nail sticking out and we didn’t ask him to fix it but he did which was great. These guys are the best! And the work was done quickly but the important thing was it was done beautifully!

Description of Work
Step leveling

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

07/15/2020

Y L.

The work that the handyman did when he came to our home was great. Can't say the same thing for the office personnel (scheduler). After thoroughly vetting handymen services, my husband and I decided to go with MY HANDYMAN (Lewis Center, Westerville OH). We were impressed with their rating and reviews in both the Angie’s List and the BBB. We had many small projects and a couple of larger ones that we were wanting addressed. The handyman that did our work was fantastic! He was polite, hard-working, thorough, friendly and professional. Couldn’t have asked for a better handyman to tackle everything on our list. BUT we were not at all pleased with the personnel that was our primary contact for communicating and scheduling. In the beginning, he was very accommodating, polite and communicative. Unfortunately, as we progressed he would not return phone calls, e-mails or texts until many days later. We were made to feel that once he got our business, his responsiveness completely changed. There were a handful of occasions where we didn’t get a response at all. What made things worse was he would schedule appointments without consulting with us to ensure that either myself, my husband or both of us would be home and available. This was done on more than one occasion. There was even an event that just completely was unacceptable to us. We had temporary material holding up our overhangs of our home (both front and back) and we asked if we could have that addressed as soon as the primary work was done. Without even contacting us he scheduled and appointment farther out than what was discussed with the handyman that was doing the work. I can see this happening once or twice but it continued. In the beginning we got apologies that followed and comments made such as, “I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you but we have been really busy”. Well, that’s all well and good but if you are not going to respond in a timely manner if at all, then don’t share your cell phone number and tell a customer to reach out any time. This grew to be a regular occurrence. What should have easily taken a week to ten days to complete, the work didn’t get fully completed until almost one month later. While I understand that this is a business predominantly run by a family (family members), I expected a little more proper business etiquette. What we got was a contact person that had no sense of urgency, follow-through and follow-up. That is totally unacceptable. It is for this reason that we will NEVER utilize the services of MY HANDYMAN again. Again, the handymen that do the actual work are great but if you don’t receive the customer service that is common courtesy and lacking respect from the corporate office, as we experienced, the decision was easy for us. We’ll never use them in the future, if asked we’ll share our experience honestly and when we need the services of a handyman again, we will give our business to another company.

Description of Work
replace all home outdoor shutters, clean out gutters, replace as needed, replace gutter guards, test, repair, replace outlets in home as needed, replace/repair part of cement patio after leveling and re-size posts and reattached perm., replace two privacy fence panels...….

Category concrete repair, decks, electrician, fencing, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, window treatments, dog fence

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

03/10/2020

Sheila M.

I have used used these guys on multiple occasions for different projects at my home and have never been dissapointed. They are friendly, professional and do an excellent job. Highly recommend them and will definitely use them again. S. Miller / Columbus

Description of Work
Plumbing in bathroom

Category handyman service, plumbing, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 03/10/2020

02/03/2020

Rebecca L.

We had an excellent experience with all the staff at My Handyman. They went above and beyond to make sure everything turned out exactly how we wanted. Trey was very professional and always kept us in the loop during the project. Everything was cleaned up neatly at the end of each construction day so we could still live in our home after work each evening. We noticed a small scratch on our new floors after the project was complete and Trey quickly responded and came out the next business day to fix it. We look forward to working with the company on our next home project.

Description of Work
New floors, new baseboard, ceiling fixed and painted

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

11/15/2019

Rebecca S.

My Handyman was easy to work with from first contact. We were able to schedule a time that worked for us right away. The handyman arrived on time, was polite, explained things, and performed quality work in a timely manner. The total cost came in under the estimate. We are already making a list of things we would like to have repaired the next time we hire them, which will be very soon!

Description of Work
Holes in plaster walls repaired, light fixture repaired, 4 curtain rods hung

Category handyman service, lighting, plastering

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

It was great to work with you as well!

09/19/2019

Susan B.

They were great! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
toilet flange repairs

Category contractors, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, garage builders, woodworking, home remodeling, drain cleaning, sunrooms

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

It was great to work with you as wel!

08/27/2019

Richard H.

Field tech arrived a residence, very professional, took a walk around with me as we discussed services needed. They left stating the quote would be detailed and itemized for our review and emailed in a couple of days. Well that was a couple WEEKS ago and still no word. If you call the number all I have been able to do is listen to directions to visit the website. What a shame. We moved here in 2012 and have depended on services (Angie's list, home advisor), to locate and hire contractors for real work.

Description of Work
Multiple repairs mostly exterior, wood trim, steps, painting, etc

Category decks, handyman service, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

I sent several email responses to you and finally spoke to you on the phone. Once we spoke on the one we determined that is wasn’t our company that came out. At that Time I sent our tech out to give you an estimate which he delivered on September 6th. We unfortunately haven’t heard back from you yet in regards to scheduling the work. We would love to work you! We would greatly appreciate it if you would adjust or modify your review to reflect the actual circumstances (since there was some confusion on which company it was) when you have a moment! Trey My Handyman

07/16/2019

Phil D.

Went well. a few hiccups along the way, but that seems to always be the case. I asked to get a few things changed even after they were done and they had no problem with that. The hood has been installed for a couple of months now, it has rained and I have used it a lot with no issues. The back splash looks incredible.

Description of Work
Range hood installation with a tile back splash.

Work Completed On 07/16/2019

Review for My Handyman - 6330 2nd St, LEWIS CENTER, OH - 37986927

It was a pleasure to work with you!

06/24/2019

Jonathan H.

My Handyman sent Richard to perform both the quote and all the work, during the remodeling process. Richard was extremely professional and extremely skilled. The remodel involved complete removal of everything, including the shower stall. The shower and 2 other walls were torn down to the studs. Richard proved to be very skilled at all the tasks he performed, including moving/adding and rewiring all the lights in the room, all the plumbing, drywall installation and finishing, tile installation for the floor, back-splash and shower, as well as all the detailed and finish work, ie- baseboards, shoe molding, etc. We provided the main cabinet, counter top, sink, faucets, toilet, floor and back splash tiles. My Handyman provided all the items needed for installation of those main items, including mastic, grout, plumbing details, etc. Overall we were extremely pleased with Richard and his professionalism and most of, the finished work. The job took slightly longer than allotted but overall it went very well. Regards, the Hartleys

Description of Work
Complete Bathroom Remodel.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

I’m glad you are enjoying your bathroom!

06/02/2019

James R.

Came out a few days after contacting and completed the job for reasonable price.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning on 2 story colonial home

Category gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 05/16/2019

05/07/2019

Brenda L.

It's been over 3 weeks and still no estimate. We were told he would have it Friday or beginning or the week. We never heard anything so my husband called and was told they have computer issues and he would get back to us on Wednesday. That was 2 weeks ago, and still no word, I even sent a text 2 days ago, and again, no response. That's poor customer service.

Description of Work
Painting, deck or patio, and misc work.

Category decks, handyman service, lighting, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/23/2019

I apologize for the email delivery issues we were having. I have since resent your estimate and you received it now but it sounds like you went with another contractor already. I sincerely hope everything goes well with your project and I hope you will consider us in the future and it was a pleasure meeting with you! My Handyman

04/30/2019

Rajeev M.

The person never came. I spent over 2 weeks on email back - forth. I provided all the information along with pictures of my bathroom and what was expected. Not once did he respond back with a phone call nor with any quotes etc.. He was polite on emails but if he does not have time and is not interested then it would have been better to decline. I am frustrated !!!

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Renovation

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/30/2019

04/11/2019

anthony H.

I left an e-mail inquiry through the providers website with high level description of my project needs. I received an e-mail in return with an hourly rate quote that invited me to call an discuss my project. I left two voicemails over four days and never received a return phone call. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Multiple projects

Work Completed On 04/11/2019

Thank you for the comments. We did follow up but were delayed and we apologize about that. This is not typical of our company. If we can do anything to help remedy the situation please let me know! My Handyman

03/14/2019

Belinda G.

The employee's were professional and I am happy with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Assembly of a swing set, rubber mulch and basement wall repair

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 02/08/2019

03/11/2019

Sue A.

The entire process was amazing. Trey was easy to work with to arrive at the original plan. Heartland and Lang were great to help with our choice of quartz and the installation. Richard did the removal of original granite and installation of backsplash, dishwasher and microwave. All of the people involved were professional, knowledgeable,meticulous and friendly. The entire removal and installation took 5 days.

Description of Work
Removal of granite countertops and backsplash. New installed. Also installation of microwave and dishwasher.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

01/16/2019

Janice H.

GREAT. All projects done and on time.

Description of Work
Toilet, batteries, light bulbs, door stops. All projects requested.

Work Completed On 01/16/2019