A slab leak refers to a leak underneath your home’s foundation. If left untreated, slab leaks can damage your foundation, floors, and walls. We’ll cover everything you need to know about slab leaks, plus what to do to fix this issue.
Get matched with top foundation contractors in Richwood, WV
There are 3 highly-rated local foundation contractors.
Recent Foundation Repair Reviews in Richwood
- Lux Foundation SolutionWe needed a reliable contractor to fix problems with our foundation. Lux Foundation Solutions was recommended to us based on previous work by the West Virginian realtor we worked with for our house. First, Matt came out, performed an assessment and explained everything well. He was friendly and answered all my questions about the work being performed. That set the tone for a great experience! After the estimate was received I made an appointment. The day of the appointment Adam’s team arrived exactly on time: I live somewhat remote and that his team was on time really speaks for the company and it’s work culture and ethics! Adam and his team worked in the crawl space, which was difficult for me to get into. Adam kept me informed throughout the process and even took pictures after the job was done to show me the results. The quality of the work speaks for itself! I’m very happy to have hired Lux Foundation Solutions and they are my first company to call if another job needs to get done! I highly recommend the company for your crawl space work
- Engineered Foundation SolutionsI noticed a stair step crack in the block foundation of my house that appeared to warrant some attention. I contacted Engineered Foundation Solutions to get a repair estimate. The office staff was professional, friendly and responsive. The foundation specialist was here within 24 hours and arrived promptly at the scheduled time. He was very professional and honest. He indicated he didn't believe repair was necessary and gave me some advice for sealing and monitoring the crack. There was no charge for the evaluation and they even sent a follow up, thank you letter. Based solely on their professionalism and responsiveness, Engineered Foundation Solutions will be the first place I call in the future if I ever do need foundation repair
- Basement Systems of West VirginiaInitial contact and sales presentation was very professional and informative. Although the job was expensive, the warranty is exceptional. The work crew worked very hard, often putting in 10 hours per day. Cleanup was generally good. This was a major foundation installment and its reliability will not be tested for several months
- Basement Systems of West VirginiaI was thoroughly impressed with these guys. I called Basement Systems of WV because they give free estimates. So I figured I would let them figure out why I was getting water in the basement, instead of guessing at a couple of remedies myself that may or may not work. They sent a packet with a lot of information regarding wet basements, solutions, and an introductory letter that included a picture of the engineer they would be sending to the house. Getting the appointment took a little bit of time, I think it took about 6 weeks from when I called to get the appointment with the the engineer. The engineer arrived and did a pretty good job of assessing the situation and coming up with a solution. He wrote me an estimate, discussed financing options, and presented me with a written estimate for the work to be accomplished. After looking at other options, I decided to go with Basement Systems. I called and scheduled the work, again, it was about a month before they could begin the work. The day they arrived the technicians were very professional. They hung a lot of plastic curtains to try to reduce the amount of concrete dust that was going to ensue. They got to work rapidly, I honestly can say that I have never seen two men work so hard for so long. I thought they would have to tear out a whole section of slate tile to get to where they needed to demo, but one of them got a saw, cut the area, and removed only what he needed without damaging any of the other tile. Impressive! They worked hard and explained to me what they were doing as they went along. When they were done (it took all day), they cleaned up and explained how everything worked. The next week, as scheduled, I had another crew in to re-install the walls with metal studs and a concrete type sheetrock. They explained that if water got behind the walls this would not allow mold or mildew to grow and the drain systems, installed the week before, would remove any water to the newly installed sump pump. (Which is very nice, not some open hole in the ground, rather, an enclosed pumping system, and it double as a new drain in the garage) These guys were done in a few hours, again, very professional and informative. I think these guys are top shelf. You have to wait a bit to get them to your home, and get them started, but I think this is because of the volume of work they have to do. I also think they are a little pricey, but I am a believer in you pay for what you get, and when you are talking about a major investment, such as your home, pay the little extra and have the job done right. Also the lifetime warranty is a plus
- Alford Home Solutions IncThe actual service was awesome and the guys doing the work were courteous and amazing! We are definitely going to recommend them to our neighbors who are experiencing the same settling issues with their concrete. We did, however, have a rough go at scheduling and communication from the office could be improved. The work was originally scheduled for a Tuesday but the prior job ran over. That first week communication was great but then we didn’t hear anything for 7 days and had to call them to figure out when the work was being rescheduled for
- Advantage Basement & Foundation Repair LLCThey could have lied to me but did not. They told me how to fix it myself. They are awesome.
- BK ServicesVery personable. Very experienced. Payments included a deposit for materials, balance to 90% as work progressed and 10% remainder after I was satisfied. Job was done within the timeframe with exception for rain. Repairs look substantial and all debris was removed. Found ant infestation during job and reported to me. After completion I asked for one small area I considered flawed to be taken care of. It was done promptly
- Advantage Basement & Foundation Repair LLCI worried about my house falling down while they were working.....but I worried for nothing. They braced up the foundation prior to beginning their work. They brought in a caterpillar and removed my dirt and wall. They brought in gravel, cement block, many bags of cement and glass windows. They worked quietly, friendly and efficiently. They always asked me where they could put their equipment and supplies. They were very respectful and professional. They cleaned up any and all debris. The workers even showed up and did a complete day's of work when it was snowing. Yikes! This company's personnel know and understand what they are doing. They do a first-rate job. I would recommend them to anyone
- ENGINEERED FOUNDATION SOLUTIONBob the owner was the best. Very honest and walked through what needed done. His crew worked quickly and were nice and friendly. Everyone knew what they were doing.
- Basement Systems of West VirginiaThe technicians that came they were really helpful with explaining things very well. They were prompt in answering our questions. The one part was not very responsive but they were all on time.
Foundation Repair Contractors in Richwood
- Business Description:JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They cur..Recent Review:JES came on time and finished when they said they would. Their employees were courteous and worked diligently.Bill P.
- Business Description:For more than 60 years, ’58 Foundations has provided the highest-quality basement waterproofing and crawlspace encapsulation solutions for homes and commercial properties. We lead with a promise of Trusted Five-Star Service, which means the customer experience is at the center of everything we do. Since 1958, we have been steadfast in keeping this promise and in upholding the values on which '58 Foundations was built: trust, teamwork, integrity, respect and communication. This comes across in..Recent Review:Freddy was very professional and knowledgeable and explained that the water issues were not the result of foundation issues and explained what he could do if i wanted a dry basement. He did not try to sell me something that i did not needElizabeth D.
- Business Description:We are a West Virginia family owned business that started in 2003 and are fully licensed and insured General Contractors. Our services include: basement and crawlspace waterproofing and repairs; foundation repairs (sagging floors, cracks and bows); basement finishing; radon testing and mitigation; and concrete leveling/liftingRecent Review:Internal drain tile systems with advanced sump pumps were installed in two basements. They also added the wall coverings to channel any wall leaks to the system. It works perfectly! The employees of Basement Systems are amazing - everyone is professional and helpful. The work was completed quickly. They cleaned up the job site. My basements were a lost cause - now they are restored and I can use them again. ThanksRobert M.
- Business Description:United Structural Systems is a family-owned business specializing in foundation repair, wall realignment, and waterproofing systems. We are constantly researching new and innovative ways to service our customers. Additional phone numbers - (304) 346-7777, (513) 561-0300. Additional fax - (513) 561-030. Additional DBA - Perma Jack - United Structural SystemsRecent Review:My first encounter with United Structural Systems company ( USS) was last year, when I had to face the decision which company I go for foundation repair at my house in West Virginia. It was equal bids on my project from two companies USS and Alltek. Unfortunately for me, I made the decision to go with Alltek Environmental Services company at that time. Foundation repair was finished in August 2019 by Alltek (please read my review, that I placed separately for Alltek). 48,000 dollars payment later foundation been done. I finally be able to place my house for sale this year and come to realization, after inspection is done on the house, that it is a presence of water leak in the storage area. I could not believe, how it is possible, when the foundation repair was just done 8 months ago. I guess, things were not done properly after all. After numerous attempts to contact Alltek company, I finally be able to get the response with another promise to “fix it” in the amount of $9,200 or later for free…if I take off my review of their company from homeadvisor.com. Lack of professionalism, poor craftsmanship and PR was major disappointment for me. To be honest, after I been treating inferiorly by Alltek, I did not have any desire to go back to the same company. I was looking for second opinion how to resolve these issues. I decided to reach out again United Structural (who I was hoped to remember me from last year) and explain my dilemma. Bobby K. (Sales Manager for USS) come to the rescue! He was willing to give me his unbiased opinion on the situation. Bobby K, “commander in charge”, went to the house and informed me, that “downspout lines were never installed, the part on top of the ground went nowhere and tie back patch was poor quality”. Simply put it, Alltek did a mediocre job. I immediately made the decision go ahead and proceed with United Structural Systems company for repair of the mistakes. I cannot say enough praise for the USS company and manager Bobby K. This re-du project was done in timely matter, communication was superior ( needless to say I live out of state and it was never an issue), area after the job was clean up to perfection and…the garage/storage area now look dry bone and beautiful. Awhhhh... maybe I should not sell my house after all?! I have a buyer on the house, and I am closing in 2 weeks and can say with all honesty, I could not do that without United Structural help. It was exceedingly difficult situation for me, and it was resolved by USS company with flying colors. Thank you again USS. I recommend you without any hesitation!!! Your company should be proud of to provide such an excellent service and have knowledgeable, competent and skillful experts. Lana Y, Rochester, NY “We are NY toughLana Y.
- Business Description:Alford Home Solutions has been dedicated to providing quality work on homes and businesses throughout West Virginia since 1963. Originally a pest control company, we have since expanded our services and our service area, which now includes the Tri-State Area area, with home solutions also available in Kentucky and Ohio. We specialize in Foundation Repair, Concrete Repair, Waterproofing, Pest Control, Crawl Space Encapsulation, Basement Finishing, Bath Remodeling, and Patio Structures. Additio..Recent Review:I did not consider for deck job as we had work done by them previously. First of all, they contract out the work without telling you. The did a good job on the foundation. The work that was required after the foundation, such as the yard, was terrible. They would not take responsibility for shoddy work, said they did all they could do and would not return any further callstina w.
- Business Description:Additional phone numbers - (804) 674-4100. Additional e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org. Voice Star Number- (302) 525-0055Recent Review:I signed a contract with them in January 2019 and paid a deposit. They never contacted me again until the contract expired. Five months later and I still didn't get my deposit back.Nedal S.
- Business Description:We are a small family owned business with a large amount of experience and expertise. We guarantee 100% customer satisfaction and offer free inspections and honest estimates.Recent Review:My mother's house was flooded in June of 2012. It was inspected by FEMA and she was advised that if she was going to stay in the house that it would need to elevated in case another flood occurred. They stated her insurance and assistance from FEMA would cover the majority of the cost. So, FEMA became a third party in the case. We hired Advantage Basement based off good reviews and my own personal experience. Work started in June 2013. They estimated a total of 6 weeks to complete the job but because of bad weather that summer it took about 10 weeks. The first problem were the railings they placed on the ramps. The railings are too high and my mom has a difficult time getting a good grip resulting in a number of falls over the last few months. Luckily, she has not broken a hip or anything else. The biggest issue has been with paying this company. They were initially paid $20,000 at the start of the job, $15,000 from insurance and FEMA and $5000 out of my mom's savings. After completion of the job FEMA required documentation and pictures of all the work that was done from Advantage Basement in order to release the rest of their payment. For some reason, they kept delaying these requirements resulting in a delay in the release in the rest of the funds. It has gotten to the point that they (Advantage Basement) threatened to sue my mom, who is the victim in all of this, for non-payment. A certain Ms. Barbara from Advantage even called my mom a "horrible person for not fulfilling her obligations" and threatened her with jail time over the phone. Needless to say, my 71 year old mom did not take this well and had a nervous breakdown. We went ahead and paid them to stop their threat of a law suit and will just wait for the funds from FEMA. <br /Michael F.
Deals in Richwood for Foundation Repair
Explore our Solution Center for helpful foundation repair contractor articles
Damage to your home’s foundation can cause cracked floors and walls, unevenness, and more. Learn common signs of foundation damage, along with what you can do to fix it and prevent it.
Keeping up a maintenance routine can help prevent foundation damage. You’re also more likely to spot issues early on before they become serious. Here are seven tips for protecting your foundation to keep your house structurally sound.
Find foundation contractors in
- Webster Springs
- White Sulphur Springs
- Gauley Bridge
- Oak Hill
foundation contractors in Richwood
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- '58 Foundations11256 AIR PARK RD
- '58 Foundations
- Chamberlin-Washington Inc.6482 Sligo Mill Rd
Takoma Park, Maryland
- Chamberlin-Washington Inc.
- EARP CONSTRUCTION & EXCAVATING COMPANY , INC.503 Hiram Ferguson Rd.
Lavalette, West Virginia
- EARP CONSTRUCTION & EXCAVATING COMPANY , INC.
- Fox Engineering PLLC101 N Court St
Ripley, West Virginia
- Fox Engineering PLLC
- Get It Done Dandy Handyman Services551 Laurel Run Rd
Lumberport, West Virginia
- Get It Done Dandy Handyman Services
- Prince Builders289 Sunny Drive
Princeton, West Virginia
- Prince Builders
- United Structural Systems Ltd Inc723 Chenault Bridge Rd
- United Structural Systems Ltd Inc