Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing of VA

Founded 1965 • With Angi since July 2006

3.7

Additional phone numbers - (804) 674-4100. Additional e-mail - midatlantic@basements.com. Voice Star Number- (302) 525-0055...

Dexter Wells & Plumbing, LLC

No one at Dexter Wells & Plumbing, LLC in Culpeper, VA is afraid to get their hands dirty, so when seeking a professional plumber, experienced in water heaters, sewers, faucets and drains, bank on us. We dole out a compendium of plumbing services deemed affordable and excellent. With over 35 years of service and experience, we strive to remain in concert with our customers needs by being a dedicated and professional, licensed and insured plumber in Culpeper. We conduct a full line of plumbing services ranging from water heater replacement and underground leak repair to faucet repair and drain line cleaning. We work with both residential and commercial clients in need of our services and understand that finding a tried-and-true plumber near you can be a tiresome pursuit. However, relax and choose us to tackle your water well replacement and water heater repair. We greet each customer with a smile and are courteous of their needs and time. We are communicative, forthright and are your affordable option for a sewer replacement or faucet repair. Hire us - a phenomenal plumber in Culpeper - to resolve your plumbing issues.

Offers by Dexter Wells & Plumbing, LLC  on Angi
Independence Landscape

Independence Landscape is a full service landscape and lawn care company based in Northern Virginia. We offer a full range of services, from maintenance to landscape design and installation, to custom hardscape projects. Each of our crews specialize in a specific skill set, which ensures quality of work regardless of the size or complexity of the project. We continually stay on top of industry standards and developments by regularly attending professional training sessions and courses. If a better method, tool or environmentally friendly product appears on the market, Independence is trained and certified to implement it in order to enhance the beauty of our customers' properties. *Our Company History* Independence Landscape was established in 2006. Our owners, Curtis Greene and Chad Evans, originally started in the landscaping and lawn maintenance business while in high school and college. "Even back then," Greene explains, "we took it very seriously and set high standards for everything we did." Clients noticed their reliability and the quality of their work. After college graduation, they both landed jobs with the Department of Defense, but quickly discovered they missed working on people's yards and building relationships with their clients. They both decided to pursue their real passion, and soon Independence Landscape officially opened for business. Today our growing company takes care of residential properties throughout Northern Virginia. Loyalty and trust between our clients and employees is the backbone of everything we do at Independence.

United Water Restoration Group of Fairfax

Specializing in water and smoke damage restoration! Please call our office today to schedule your appointment at 703-598-9868 We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! We are a national organization but locally owned and operated. We strive for complete customer satisfaction

Offers by United Water Restoration Group of Fairfax on Angi

06/03/2019

I signed a contract with them in January 2019 and paid a deposit. They never contacted me again until the contract expired. Five months later and I still didn't get my deposit back.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

12/17/2018

Strong arm bullies. They don’t take no for an answer. Their business model seems to be annoy the prospective customer.

Description of Work
Another hard sell. They came to our home and gave us an estimate in October. A couple of weeks later they wanted to send someone else out. The second person lowered the cost by about 30%. We said we’d think it over. He told us he was the designated closer, and he needed a signed contract on the spot. We refused and forced him to leave. It’s now late December, and we still get sales frequent calls from them.

02/25/2018

They were suppose to be at my home for an estimate 2/12/18 called night before, cannot make it. Rescheduled for 2/19/18 called 1 hour before and said cannot make it. I was furious with them. I decided to give them ONE LAST chance. Rescheduled for 2/23/18 called and left a message that my home was too far away. They are so unprofessional. Heard good things about them but after 3 times of not showing up for the estimate, I was definitely not trusting them with tearing up my basement. POOR EXCUSE FOR A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing estimate

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

02/17/2018

I spoke with Zachary on Saturday afternoon at 2:PM 17 Feb 2018. Once, again, we are being harassed by Mid Atlantic Waterproofing. After the initial visit on Tuesday 28th of November, 2017 we have not been able to shake them. They are like skunk stick: hard to get rid of. We don’t blame the young appointment takers making the calls, we blame the poor business model that is harassing customers away. But, their poor business model contaminates the whole company. After the last dozen +plus phone calls over the past 90 days where I stated I do not want to do business with Mid Atlantic Waterproofing, I am still getting harassing phone calls. Mid Atlantic Waterproofing continues to display a lack of concern for the convenience of their customers. This is in addition to disrespecting their customer’s time at the initial house visit. For example, when I stated there was no need for *both* my husband and I to interrupt our scheduled day, they wanted to challenge us, insisting we both be present for the sales call. Rude - bossy, disrespectful of customer wishes, failure to listen to the what the customer wants. Mid Atlantic Waterproofing continued trying to shoe-horn us into a “one system fits all”, that is not want we need or want. MidAtlantic Waterproofing wants both of us to waste time listening to the boring and droning hour +plus long sales pitch for an overpriced waterproofing system. ($24k for 1,600 SF home located near the top of a hill; We have great drainage) After the sales person finally left, my husband and I both agreed I would be the one in charge of making the final decision and he wouldn’t waste his time, again. I have repeatedly asked to be removed from their harassing call list. I promise we will not do business with Mid Atlantic Waterproofing. There is no financial incentive for the harassment to continue. I have repeatedly asked to be put on a “DO Not Call” list; yet, the harassment continues. It is the middle of February 2018. Other companies are appreciative to have customers interested in them. Other companies are respectful of their customers time. Other companies are adaptive and provide custom recommendations AFTER LISTENING to the customer. Go with another company.

Description of Work
crawlspace insulation & encapsulation

Category basement waterproofing

Hello Ms. [Member Name Removed], We have put you on our "Do Not Call" list. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing Customer Service

12/05/2017

The worst experience is their phone staff, especially the guy "Zach" or something. They kept bullying us to have both owners out - when I explained that wasn't going to happen -they kept calling. The guy who came out was nice, but never gave us an estimate. Was supposed to send and never arrived...They wanted someone to come out with a better estimate - and then wanted a time window. Finally I had to block them from my caller list - first time I've ever done that. I knew from the way they were on the phone, I'd never do business with them. Such poor business practices - unbelievable. They must be desperate for work to harass the customers - but I'm not sure it works for them. My advise - send your staff to Disney customer service training. Amber was nice... but the follow up guy needs some help.....

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

10/23/2017

They are professional, honest and truthful. The salesperson understood what exactly needed to be done. He recommended excavating and installing a sump pump. The problem is resolved. I would highly recommend their service. Their website is very informative. They left the house clean inside and out.

Description of Work
They waterproofed the basement and installed a sump pump.

06/26/2016

We had a very disappointing experience with Mid-Atlantic. They came highly recommended by a neighbor who's used them since 1996, so we didn't look them up on Angie's List, which we later regretted. They gave us a high-pressure but very informative sales pitch on 05/13/2016, and their price for interior waterproofing was half of the quote we got for exterior waterproofing from a competitor. We signed up for their priority installation because we had an ongoing leak that we needed fixed right away. The first crew came on 05/22/2016 to begin installation and worked all that day and the next. They put down sheets to protect our floors but still managed to get mud on our stairs, carpet, and walls. They also neglected to clean up the pee they left on our toilet seats and left the door wide open in the rain most of the day even though we asked them to keep it closed. On day 2, an inspector showed up according to schedule and failed the project because the outlet pipe emptied into our yard directly above the place where it was leaking. No one from Mid-Atlantic showed up according to our pre-arranged schedule, and no one called us to tell us what was going on. We called several times the next day, and they finally showed up well after the window of time we were promised. The foreman never appeared, although he did call when we couldn't communicate with any of the non-English speakers on the team--asking us to cut them a check before final inspection was complete. We had noticed that they still hadn’t tied the outlet pipe into the drainage line literally touching it. The foreman couldn’t give us a reasonable explanation why this hadn’t been done. He did, however, point out that everything had been cemented into place and it was essentially too late to change it now. During this conversation, one of the workers opened the gate and let our dog puppy out into the street. He didn't bother trying to help us get him get him off the street. The following day, another inspector came and failed them again. Instead of making the drain pipe go uphill as the previous inspector had required, they extended it 1.5 feet into the yard, again directly above the leak. The crew didn’t show up again, and no one in the office called. We called the project manager that evening to find out what was going on, and he seemed perplexed that we had failed inspection, not once but twice. Mid-Atlantic ultimately sent a service tech, who shook his head at what he saw. He tried to tie the outlet pipe into our drainage pipe and left afterward. The following day, we got a knock on our back patio door—much to our surprise, a two-person service crew was coming back to work. The tech from the previous day said that we had failed inspection again (the inspector had come and gone without our knowledge). The crew planned on running a PVC pipe on top of our lawn, across our entire backyard, but we didn’t want exposed PVC pipe across our backyard. We finally convinced them to go back to the original plan, which was to tie the outlet pipe into our existing drainage. They got everything in working order, tested it out, and cleaned up a bit of the mud when they overheard us complaining about it. The next day, it passed inspection. When the project was completed, we discovered that the back-up battery, which we understood would be the size of a brick, was the size of a mini fridge and was so loud when it turned on for 15 minutes every hour that we could hear it 2 floors up with the door closed. After many phone calls and a lot of negotiating, we convinced Mid-Atlantic to take it back and return our money. They also agreed to pay us a $300 cleaning fee. A few weeks and several additional phone calls later reminding them that they agreed to this, the project manager came out to deliver the check in person. He himself said that the tiles on the floor and the drywall in the basement were damaged more than required by the project. In the end, we got some of our money back and the basement is waterproof, as far as we can tell. That is the only reason we gave Mid-Atlantic a D instead of an F: they eventually made things right--after we forced their hand.

Description of Work
Interior waterproofing, specifically inserted French drain and sump pump

04/12/2016

They were great. A little salesman like in the start, but they were able to answer all questions and the day of the work to be done they were on time and did it quickly.

Description of Work
Put in a water management system on 2 basement walls.

09/07/2015

We live in a townhouse. We discovered we had 3 concurrent issues, and the salesperson at Mid-Atlantic was the most helpful in determining what issues needed what solution. We decided to go with them based on their suggested solution, after 3 estimates. A friend in MD had also used this company for a repair that was over $25000 and with good results, so we felt they were trustworthy. We were scheduled for a certain date. As the solution suggested required jackhammering our basement concrete, we made arrangements to move kids and puppy out of the house and notified neighbors. The first time they cancelled, it was because another job was not approved by the county inspector, and they weren't able to move the crew to our house. No problem, these things happen, and we rescheduled for the following week. The second time they cancelled, it was because one of their employees wrote down our construction dates wrong. Ugh. The third time, they came at the time scheduled and worked through the day. The crew was fine, though the foreman was the primary English speaker and kept leaving. The communication wasn't great through the work period of this project - there was no night before confirmation call, no overview of what would happen or the hours the crew would keep. The quality control manager came by and determined the pipes connecting two different drainage systems to one sump pump were not actually connected, and fixed that on day 2. I had an issue with water forming a puddle where they had "waterproofed" and I called and left a message. I was concerned as I did not receive a call back and had to follow up with them to fix this issue. I was pleased when the production manager came to my house himself to help fix the issue (which revolved around my utility sink, apparently not around the work they did). I am hopeful that has fixed the issue. Overall, I would say my experience has been good. I wouldn't say it has been an amazing experience, but I would also say that fair effort has been made to rectify problems as they arose. Their price was good and I feel that the solution they suggested to our particular problem was the best and most comprehensive of the estimates we received.

Description of Work
providing a waterproofing system in our basement to address water seepage

05/16/2015

The original inspector might have been new, but he didn't seem too knowledgeable about the product and tried to oversell us a system we really didn't need to solve our water problem. We let a second inspector come out and re-visit the problem. He saw right away what we really needed and helped us find the right solution. The crew was quick and professional, completing the whole project in two days.

Description of Work
The flow of water down the exterior stairs to my basement door overwhelmed the original drain system, causing water to fill the bottom of the stairs until it flowed over the sill, flooding the basement. Mid-Atlantic installed a new exterior drain at the bottom of the stairs, a new interior drain along the wall the stairs are located on, and a new drain pump for the drains to empty into.

Category basement waterproofing,wells

Basement waterproofing, crawlspace & foundation, structural repair & wet basements.

Finish basements.