Having a septic tank system requires some maintenance. In order to avoid hazardous incidents or health problems, read below to learn some key septic tank safety tips.
Get matched with top septic system services in Martinsburg, WV
There are 5 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Martinsburg
- Liberty Excavating LLCWhen interviewing local contractors, Liberty Excavating was listed as one approved by our county to perform the work. We contacted Liberty Excavating and amazingly Greg Dash answered the phone immediately. We spoke, I gave him some background and he scheduled a time to come out to look at the project and give us an estimate. Liberty was one of a few others we were interviewing for the job. We decided to go with this company because of the level of knowledge, professionalism and honesty I felt I was given. Greg gave us a written estimate and was very helpful as we asked questions along the way. We even changed our mind and switched from adding two lines to replacing our existing drain field with 4 new lines. This company is professional, thorough and very knowledgeable not to mention prompt. They started on time, returned to finish the job and cleaned up after the job was done. Their prices are within the same range as others in the area but what set them apart was the professionalism and respect they showed to myself and my husband. I would highly recommend this company again and again. It was a pleasure doing business with them even though the work that had to be done is not something most people look forward to having to have done. If you need work on your drain lines, Liberty Excavating is the company to call
- Liberty Excavating LLCDespite our yard being dug up nearly two months ago, it almost looks like the lawn was never touched. Greg is a pro - he gives accurate and honest quotes, he communicates really well and is available by text message and the work was completed to our satisfaction. We upgraded our septic system to be county board of health compliant for the additional bedrooms and Greg worked quickly to get all the permits and inspections completed to finalize our now septic-compliant home. Recommended
- Liberty Excavating LLCGreg was the best. I called him on Monday he showed up on Monday to see what he had to do. Came back Tuesday did the job. Waiting on Robert Seward who put the septic pump in and did the rewiring witch was the wrong pump and the wiring was also wrong. He would not come back to make it right, so Greg put in new pump and did the rewiring. He did an exceptional job. Greg will be the guy we used for now on. GREAT JOB. You can't even tell that anything was even done. So professional. I can keep on and on. Please use Liberty Excavation. DO NO. DO NOT. USE ROBERT SEWARD PLUMBING SERVIC
- Liberty Excavating LLCGreg called when he said he would. Arrived early for the scheduled time. Explained to me how the old one was improperly assembled. then proceeded to construct the new line correctly.
- Liberty Excavating LLCThey were fabulous. They were very timely and very professional. They got the job done quickly and got the permits fast. They were also very well priced. We would absolutely use them again if needed.
- Liberty Excavating LLCVery very happy with the service and job done. His price was very reasonable, he is personable, respectful, and timely. I had previously contracted another local service provider and wasn't very satisfied with the service, and even less with the price. I try to support local business and liberty(Greg himself) will get all the business I can afford to give him and all the recommendations I can give as well
- Liberty Excavating LLCGreg has always solved my plumbing problems with honesty, skill and professionalism. He is reliable, courteous and informative and I feel that every dollar I send him is well spent.
- Liberty Excavating LLCWe were extremely pleased with the service provided. Would definitely use again if we needed another big project done!
- Liberty Excavating LLCIt worked out great! The alarm condition didn't return. More generally, Liberty Excavating had resolved another VERY difficult "septic freeze" condition in my sand mound, which other providers failed to resolve. After being installed in 2013 by another company, my sand mound septic system froze in the worst part of winter. The first year it happened. I asked the original installer to resolve it. They tried to put some extra earth on the pipe leading to my sand mound, but the next winter it froze again. I asked another provider to come and look at it, but they didn't know how to resolve. Then I called Liberty Excavating. They (Greg Dash) came, investigated, and though of an innovative solution -- which was to install a valve to empty the pipe leading to the sand mound after each time it pumped out. The cost was reasonable for the work done. The next winter was very cold, but it never froze. Since then I've had several communications with Liberty, and they are always responsive, professional, and reasonable. It is so good to have a professional like Liberty who I can call when I need
- Liberty Excavating LLCI have nothing but the highest accolades to give to Liberty Excavating! I called them originally on a Saturday afternoon and they were out to my house later that day. The staff was nothing but helpful, polite, and efficient. They problem I was having with my septic was resolved in a timely fashion and done well. I would recommend this company to anyone who asks
Last update on June 18, 2020
Septic Service Contractors in Martinsburg, WV
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Building a house on raw land means paying for trenching, sewer and electrical lines, well digging, and septic installation. Here’s what it will cost.
Find septic tank services in
- Falling Waters,
- Shenandoah Junction,
- Bunker Hill,
- Saint James,
- Harpers Ferry,
- Berkeley Springs,
- Clear Spring,
- Charles Town,
- Clear Brook,
Septic Tank Contractors in Martinsburg, WV
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 4 state home inspections16228 natural well rd
Williamsport, Maryland 21795
- 4 state home inspections
- Absolute Home Inspections LLC17129 Lappans Road
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740
- Absolute Home Inspections LLC
- BILLY'S SEPTIC SVC87 AGEE LN
FALLING WATERS, West Virginia 25419
- BILLY'S SEPTIC SVC
- Liberty Excavating LLC4 Dash Dr
FALLING WATERS, West Virginia 25419
- Liberty Excavating LLC
- Powell's Plumbing152 Windy Hill Ln
Winchester, Virginia 22602
- Powell's Plumbing
- Warner Service217 Monroe Ave
Frederick, Maryland 21701
- Warner Service
Septic tank companies that service Martinsburg
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.