Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Winchester, VA
There are 47 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Winchester
- Cyrus Construction LPFarzan and team delivered the project well inside of initial scheduling estimates. The team was courteous and professional and they did everything that we asked. The end result is very nice.
- Heinz Home Improvements and Services, Inc.Heinz did an excellent job at gutting and remodeling our kitchen and also enclosing our carport to make an office. They listened to our design ideas and delivered a great finished product. They even helped us close out an outstanding permit that an old contractor had left unfinished years prior!
- Marks-Woods Construction Services, LLCMarks-Woods easily ranks number one among the contractors we have worked with over the years. Our project was executed within budget and beyond our expectations with a focus on process, quality and customer satisfaction, from start to finish, from the most prominent feature to the smallest detail. They are committed to a job well done and every last member of their team was a delight to work with. It's such a pleasure to work with good people who do good work, who who remain flexible when the unexpected happens, who correct problems without balking when they inevitably occur, and who maintain a sense of humor throughout. Marks-Woods has earned our very highest recommendation
- Marks-Woods Construction Services, LLCMarks-Woods (MW) was a pleasure to work with from the planning phase through the completion of the project. Their pricing was fair and MW did an excellent job staying on schedule and within the budget. In fact, our project was completed a month earlier than what was originally scheduled. Throughout the project, our project manager and other members of the MW team were receptive to our critiques and change order requests. All questions and concerns were addressed immediately and to our satisfaction. I would recommend MW to anyone that is considering a home renovation. We plan on using them in the future
- Elite Contractors Services IncRecently purchased a two level home. Basically everything was original and out of code. I researched and saw Ken's company. I made an appointment 3 weeks out. He showed up on-time without having to remind him or call him. We walked thru the house and provided a detailed project scope, room by room. I worked with Anna on interior designing/material selections. Both Ken and Anna was both very honest and straight forward, easy to work with. They communicated well, and was always reachable throughout the project. They provided a time-line of when each component of the house will be completed. Most component was completed early, never late. His crew of employees are HIS employees. Not day laborers, though I have nothing against them, but you want consistency of the quality of work so having same group is vital. They show up everyday they said they would, on-time and actually puts in a FULL DAYS WORK. I checked arrival and departure times throughout the project. They completed the project ahead of schedule. Are they the most in-expensive, no. Even they would tell you that, but they are competitive compared to other professional companies. The reviews and pictures you see on the websites is what caught my attention. Now that the project is complete, I can say they are as good - if not better, than advertised. Do you research, talk to Ken
- American Home Contractors IncAHC arrived on time and adhering to the COVID-19, wearing a mask. It was a maintenance check for my roof. I love that they have this package and that I can review the video of the areas that were checked. Very professional and thorough in advising me of my roof check. Thanks again.
- NoVA BuildersIt was exceptional,other company will take long to finish the job than this contractor do, they work hard and fast and if you have question he will show up to answer your question personally, and if you didn't agree about a certain thing he will come and fixed it. the job was excellent
- Omar's General ContractingExcellent job. Juan Pablo and his crew did an amazing job. It's better than we imagined and they really took care of all the little details to ensure it was a high-quality job. Everyone is very happy here. We would DEFINITELY use Omar's General Contracting again (and already have!).
- E Squared IncE-Squared built our house in 2013 and was an amazing company to work with. Everything was handled professionally and in a timely fashion. Should we ever decide to build again, they are who we will use.
- E Squared IncE Squared was great. Got everything done that I needed and it turned out better than I could imagine. Would recommend
House Builders in Winchester
- Business Description:Licensed General Contracting professional with over 16 years of experience. We are a family owned and operated business specializing in residential home remodeling. Contact KOB LLC in Stafford, VA, at (877) 734-1164Recent Review:KOB was a referral from two friends. He was in touch and started on time. It was a professional job from beginning to the end. He was personable and communicative. Kevin and his team deserve all the kudos! Thank you so much for a job well done.Marie M.
- Business Description:Nova Home Improvements has dedicated the past years to serving you with premium home building and renovating experience. Your trust in us is like concrete for a building project, which is why we house full-time carpenters, painters, and equipment to accommodate precisely to your construction needs. We're a Virginia-based licensed contractor company that strives to cater to your best interests by executing services that deliver the finest home building in a timely fashion. Let's start talking ..Recent Review:It was exceptional,other company will take long to finish the job than this contractor do, they work hard and fast and if you have question he will show up to answer your question personally, and if you didn't agree about a certain thing he will come and fixed it. the job was excellenTammy H.
- Business Description:Richards' Homes, LLC has been in business for over 20 years serving Virginia families and surrounding states. Our reputation is excellent and our company highly recommended by customers throughout the years. We offer free consultation and pricing out of your job. Richards' Homes, LLC has used trustworthy subcontractors for all of the jobsRecent Review:My wife and I had a great experience dealing with Richards’ Homes and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for an honest experienced builder that takes great pride in their work. We built a second home on a mountain side in Front Royal so we were not able to visit as often as we would have liked to see the progress being made. But we were always pleased with the craftsmanship and the progress when we visited. The process was smooth with just a few hiccups along the way. Mr. Richard treated my home as if it was his own making sure everything was done correctly. At times, I felt like his trades and subs often went above and beyond and gave me the best service possible. Overall, we are very pleased with the workmanship and the completed product exceeded all of our expectations. Thank you for the beautiful new home, we are very proud of it. It is everything we wantedjoe s.
- Business Description:D.R. Restore's management team has helped more then 15,000 families recover from disasters of all sizes! We are repeat Super Service Award Winners. Free Estimates! 7 Days A week! We serve Northern Virginia, Maryland, & Washington DC, we are experts at property diagnostics, mitigation (minimizing risk, damage and expense) and reconstruction. No job is too big or too small for DR Restore. DR Restore has industry-certified technicians and utilizes advanced restoration technologies. We offer full..Recent Review:Tom was amazingly responsive and informative about the process and the work tat needed to be done. He is a consummate pro and a very nice guy. He also recommended an excellent plumber to us as wellSteven N.
- Business Description:Ballard Mensua Architecture, led by Seth Ballard, NCARB, AIA, is a boutique architecture firm with a focus on creating truly custom designs and solutions for our clients. We have very strong vendor and contractor relationships, a result of our detailed understanding of construction. Unlike many architects, who like to design and then hand over control to the builder, Ballard Mensua maintains control of management of the project throughout construction. We have a unique cost-study process that..Recent Review:We just finished a spectacular custom home project in McLean, VA and we are so very grateful to Seth Ballard and his team! If you are considering hiring his firm, look no further. There can be no better architect in the DC/VA/MD area – and his pricing is more than fair. We first picked Seth because we loved his architectural style and heard that he had a reputation for ensuring that his plans are executed with impeccable precision and attention to quality. Also, his references were stellar….without exception, his former clients offered glowing praise for his talent, diligence, and follow-through. And now that we are former clients, we understand why. We always knew we were going to have a gem of a home with Seth at the helm. What we did not fully appreciate at the beginning was his proven ability to help us STAY ON BUDGET and his deep bench of connections with first-rate contractors and subcontractors who were prepared to bend over backward to meet Seth’s exacting standards. Here are just a few highlights from our experience: CONCEPT PHASE: During the initial meetings at our home, Seth went the extra mile to learn all about our lifestyle, future needs, architectural likes/dislikes, and budget. During this stage of the process, he would effortlessly make freehand drawings to help us visualize potential styles and layouts. We ultimately elected to go with a craftsman design, with lots of wood features inside and out. PICKING THE RIGHT PROPERTY: Seth joined us for car rides through the local neighborhoods, helping us to scout out the property that was best suited for our construction plans – free of any potential HOA or permitting snafus. DESIGN: With Seth’s guidance, we iterated on different design options. The design phase was high-tech and highly visual. Lots of 2D and 3D elevations, plus 360-degree videos. At each step, Seth clearly identified the estimated construction cost, and we would make decisions about what to dial-up and what to dial-down. For example, we elected to go with a cheaper asphalt roof (rather than slate), but with a more premium window. There were literally dozens of choices like that, and Seth did a superb job of helping us to make the right trade-offs and to “value engineer” the house. PICKING THE RIGHT CONTRACTOR AND SUBS: One of the things that distinguishes Seth from the competition is that he works closely with a handful of contractors and subcontractors who have already been “pre-screened” for excellence. Seth connected us with a general contractor who was not only honest and diligent, but whose carpentry was truly “artisan grade.” Seth also drew upon a stable of outstanding subcontractors – in areas such as HVAC/plumbing, electrical/lighting, structural engineering, cabinetry, tile, drywall/paint, countertops, hardwood flooring, landscaping, etc. It was perfectly clear that these subs were striving to deliver the highest quality and exemplary service. Why? Because Seth was an important source of repeat business for them. This made them extremely responsive. BUDGETING: Seth developed detailed spreadsheets estimating costs for every aspect of the project, as well as options for “enhancements.” Once we made our choices, he was instrumental in securing a FLAT FEE CONTRACT with the builder (inclusive of subs) for everything we wanted. To provide even more control over the cost, the agreement specified that certain items would be “owner provided, contractor installed.” This meant that, regardless of whether we bought pricey appliances or tile or flooring, it would have no impact of the builder’s fees. To his credit, Seth’s estimates were quite accurate, and the project stayed on budget. ARCHITECT FEES: We negotiated a flat fee for Seth’s architectural services, and got way more than we bargained for. We had no idea Seth would stay so engaged throughout the project -- micromanaging every detail, and even offering interior design suggestions (e.g., stains and paints, cabinet and window designs, furniture layouts, etc.). It became clear that, regardless of how much we had agreed to pay in fees, Seth was “all in,” and was committed to ensuring that the end result was perfection. To be sure, in any large construction project, there will be some hiccups. But this was yet another area where Seth shined. Rather than being indifferent, or pointing the finger at those who were actually at fault, he would step up to “own the problem” and take charge until the issue was resolved. In one such case, he developed a design tweak that saved us money and produced a more beautiful result in the process. We never had to stress too much, because we knew Seth was 100% engaged and we could trust that the final work product would be a treasure of a home. One final thought. While Seth’s tremendous talent is obviously perfect for large custom projects, we have no doubt that he can deliver outstanding value for smaller home renovations too. When we did kitchen/bath renovations in our prior home, we naively thought that a “design-and-build” firm would deliver the best solution. With the benefit of hindsight, we could have done so much better hiring Seth as the independent architect and separately hiring a builder who would be accountable to the architect. The result would have been better quality construction, a better value, and far less stress. So whether you are about to embark on a modest remodel or getting ready to “dream big” with a new custom home, look no further than Ballard Mensua Architecturejack l.
- Business Description:*24 Hours Emergency Service Response Call 571-332-3890* Flood Crew works with all insurance carriers and offers a Free Infrared Inspection* Throughout our history we have developed superior technology and processes with one goal in mind – a healthy indoor environment! We are the choice for many homeowners, realtors and businesses. Flood Crew is a full cleaning & restoration company based out of Sterling, Va since 2008. We believe in providing top notch service when you need us most. You ..Recent Review:The owner Bill came out to assess the remediation required after a sewer pipe leak in our basement. He explained what needed to be done and was honest about the fact that a homeowner DIY remediation was within the EPA guidelines for the amount of damage that needed to be fixed. He provided recommendations and didn't charge me a penny. We referred him to some neighbors who also happened to have water damage at the same time, they hired the company and seem satisfied with the result. In the meantime, Bill even came over to help assess my progress on the DIY and provided additional advice while he was working with the neighbors. I'd definitely hire this company if I had another similar situation requiring more in-depth remediationAaron C.
- Business Description:PLEASE GO TO MY WEBSITE * http://www.mikefuscobuilder.com * Custom Modular Homes, Custom Site Built Homes, Custom Remodeling. 39 years construction Experience. 35 years construction management 28 years as a licensed GC. I generally work within a hour drive or less of Strasburg Virginia. Some estimates I charge for or require a deposit. This is if I must draw plans or many hours of work are required. Most estimates I do not charge for. When I need to draw plans I need to charge for that time a..Recent Review:Excellent! We were so apprehensive to build a custom home when we couldn't be there every day to oversee the project( we were 5 states away). Mike kept us up to date with photo's and progress reports. He met up with us to select finishes and was so helpful giving us tips and recommendations. Top quality workmanship. Truly and very happy with our forever homeSusanne P.
- Business Description:Roofing, Siding, General Interior Remodeling(Kitchen, Bathroom, Flooring, painting), Custom Home, AdditionRecent Review:Pak showed up on time and determined that no repairs were needed. He was pleasant and professional and would certainly use him again.Don C.
- Business Description:Prudent Homes (703) 361-7600 is a full service insulation contractor established in 2003. We are one of the top rated contractors based in the Washington Metropolitan area. Servicing Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C. Prudent Homes is a 9 time Angie's List Super Service Award Winner. We are accredited by the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance in the science of spray foam building envelopes. We are Class A Residential Home Builder with a Class A Building Envelope Specialty Designat..Recent Review:Prudent Homes did a wonderful job on my place. I researched a lot before I sought quotes. When we discussed my project, it was clear that they are profoundly competent doing this sort of work. They completed the project in under two days. The resulting improvement in the comfort of my home are wonderfulMark H.
- Business Description:Founded by Hector Vasquez back in 2005, Tough Builders, Inc. has established itself as one of the greatest and prestigious providers of construction focused interior renovation services and building. We provide a professional renovation and installation services with a real focus on customer satisfaction. Our construction Services is a multi-task company. Additional email - email@example.comRecent Review:Hector and staff were on time, professional and offered excellent craftsmanship. Great price and design. Highly recommend.CAMILLA T.
Deals in Winchester for Home Builders
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- Clear Brook
- Stephens City
- White Post
- Bunker Hill
- Cross Junction
- Charles Town
- Capon Bridge
- Front Royal
- Round Hill
- Shenandoah Junction
home builders in Winchester
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A&K RemodelingPo Box 2266
- A-Plus Construction Group LLC100 North Cameron St
- A-Z Design13347 Burkitts rd
- A/X Carpenters & Builders4108 Warner St
- A1A Inc.229 Menefee Ln
Front Royal, Virginia
- AAV INC8101 Hudson Falls Way
- ABC Design and Build Inc6715 Backlick Rd Ste 204
- Abrahamse & Company Builders1020 Linden Ave.
- ABRAMSON CONSTRUCTION CORP7910 Woodmont Avenue
- Absolute Construction 11222 Ascot Cir
- Ace Home Improvement LLC4473 Southern Business Pk Dr
White Plains, Maryland
- ADG Contractor3120 Collie Lane
Falls Church, Virginia
- Admar Custom Homes, Inc.5703 Industry Lane #101
- ADO Home Services, LLCPO Box 2843
- ADT Security Services2550 Ellsmere Ave Suite F
- Advanced Engineering Construction1800 Rokeby Ave
- AJ Ross Service5406 Riverdale Rd
- Alex Construction220 Lambert Dr.
- Alexander Design & Build Group11502 Nevis Dr
- Alfaro Contractor7805 Hooes Rd
- All About Construction LLCPO Box 11042
- All Dimensions Development Company, LLC6289 Oxon Hill Road
Oxon Hill, Maryland
- All Dominion Construction, LLC9029 Longstreet Dr
- All In One Builders Inc9496 Fostern Ln
- Alliance Construction Company310 E Broad St.
- Alpha Omega Home Inspections5933 Amber Ridge Rd
- Alzate Painting LLC2114 Lanier Dr
Silver Spring, Maryland
- American Builder & Groups LLC2724 Dorr Ave Ste 101
- American Home Service3416 Gallows Rd
- American Housing Construction5209 Garner St
- American Roof Systems26052 blackhead signpost rd.
- American Service & Installation Corp.15812 Mt. Everest
Silver Spring, Maryland
- American Window & Building Cleaning, Inc.9327 Fraser Avenue
Silver Spring, Maryland
- AmericanRemodeling and HomeRepair Inc9712 loganJay Dr
- Americas Best Contractor2972 Ps Business Center Dr
- Amplified Services3856 Pinewood terr
Falls Church, Virginia
- AMS HOME IMPROVEMENT2517 Oakenshield Dr
- Andrewz Homes & RenovationPO Box 1199
- Antique Floors & Restoration LLC37736 Hyatt Ln
- Apex Contractor Service6510 Serenade Pl
- APPLE HOUSE CONTRACTING33747 Snickersville Turnpike 101
- Archetype Builders10908 Courthouse Rd. Suite 102-230
- Art Saffelle General Contractor LLC1729 Buck Mountain Rd
- Artitech Building Design7809 Breezy Down Ter
- As It should Be Cabinetry & Builders LLC4219 Howard Ave
- Assurance construction Inc6 Engles Ct
- Athruz Inc12108 Dumfries Rd
- Atlantic Interiors LLC.37906 baker mill rd.
- Avedon USA LLC505 Commerce Dr
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
- A&K Remodeling
- B&D Construction602 Clay St
- B.A.I Construction2815 Gibson Oaks dr
- B.K. Services427 ridge road
X, West Virginia
- Ballard & Mensua Architecture5185 MacArthur Blvd #370 Ste 312
Washington, District Of Columbia
- Bandyke Construction, Inc5755 John Mosby Highway
- Barton's Works204 Cochise Trl
- Bay State Custom Homes LLCP O Box 322
- Beach Carpentry and Construction LLC38474 Mount Gilead Road
- Benchmark Builders LLC108 Meadowview Lane
Locust Grove, Virginia
- BENNY BLANTON CONTRACTING14422 HEREFORD RD
- Berriers All Around Home Medic LLC68 Edmonds Rd
- BHI154 SCOTT DR
- BHI Construction10482 Baltimore Ave 295
- BILLINGS BUILDERS8485 Brunger ST
- Binis Ironworks llc2110 5th St NE
Washington, District Of Columbia
- BJ Global Enterprises LLC11160 S Lakes Dr Ste 266
- Blaine Construction12579 Clawson Ln
- Blanca's Remodleing303 Sunbury Ln
- Blaney Construction Inc.1281 Collinsville Rd.
Cross Junction, Virginia
- Blankson Home Improvement13670 Wasp WAy
- BLAZER'S CUSTOM CONSTRUCTION20171 POINT LOOKOUT RD
Great Mills, Maryland
- Blue & Gray Contracting, Inc.6535 Blantyre Rd
- Blue Ridge Heart Pine Floors931 Deerfield Rd.
- BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN PROPERTY PERSERVATION SERVICES2854 ASKA RD.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Blujax Construction Group LLCPO Box 4246
- Borgatta Home Decor & Lighting10332 Main St. #367
- BP Associates Inc.4005 Mavis Court
- Brad4Cad LLC5657 Utrecht Rd
- Breezewood Construction LLC13506 Floris St
- Brian Sandberg Construction Co. Inc.P.O. Box 3674
- BRIAN'S CONSTRUCTIONPO Box 1878
- BrianPaul Designs400 Mass Ave
Washington, District Of Columbia
- Brodie's Home Improvement5701 38th Ave
- Brothers Home Improvement Co. Inc.2913 20TH ST N.E.
Washington, District Of Columbia
- Bruno Clay Management11701 bowman green drive
- BTLane Contracting4822 Stonefield Ln
- Bucher Enterprise182 Marple Rd
- Building Management Services400 Turner Rd
- Building Services Group LLC1250 Connecticut Ave NW 200
Washington, District Of Columbia
- BUNAUGH CONSTRUCTION SVC INC423 COURTHOUSE RD SW
- Burke Service5649 Mount Burnside Way
- B&D Construction
- C & R Custom Framing CLASS A Builders4428 Shepherds Road
- C King Development22537 Lost Creek Ter #113
- C. E. Gene Comer General Contractor, LLC1180 Loftis Rd
South Boston, Virginia
- C.E. Long ConstructionP.O. Box 249
New Market, Virginia
- cambastucco llc2920 cherry st
Falls Church, Virginia
- Campos Contracting LLC8501 Richmond Hwy Lot #2
- C & R Custom Framing CLASS A Builders