Following the WHO and CDC guidelines

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

American Home Contractors Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since March 2006

(2001) Verified Reviews

11820 W Market Pl Ste F

Fulton, MD 20759

American Home Contractors is a locally owned and operated company that has been in business for over 30 years! With our combined knowledge and experience, we are able to provide the highest quality products and services in today’s marketplace. Whether your project is roofing, siding, windows, gutters, or doors, you can trust American Home Contractors’ quality and reputation is behind each installation....

07/20/2022

Karen P.

Our original roof inspection guy retired several years ago and since then we have used American Home Contractors to inspect our roof and for gutter cleaning. They are always professional and detailed in the work they do. Our technician, Dave, emailed photos of our roof with the invoice, and explained in detail any issues he found while doing the gutter cleaning today. I'm glad we found this company.

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

06/07/2022

Michael D.

Very well and quick! Isiah was the technician that came out to my place to cleaned the gutters and inspect the roof. He was very professional and took great photos to show what work was done. I would hire again. I had AHC replace my roof a few years ago and will continue to hire them for service. Thank you again.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning and inspection of the roof

Category decks, gutter cleaning

The team here at American Home Contractors is thrilled to receive such great feedback. Thank you so much . We're happy to continue working with you!

04/19/2022

Jennifer P.

Chuck did a great job as always. Lots of pictures and good advice on state of roof and gutters.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

Thanks for providing such a wonderful review! We love to hear of your experience and the feedback about our technician.

04/15/2022

Timothy R.

Isiah found all the missing shingles and the one that let some daylight into the attic. He checked the whole roof and had shingle replacements and resealings done very quickly. I saw all the concerns in the pictures he took and sent me right away. I am extremely pleased with his work.

Description of Work
Replace roof shingles.

We're so glad to hear you had a great service with our technician Isiah. We're happy to continue working with you!

03/30/2022

Paul A.

Update review: they never performed.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding to replace cedar siding

Category roofing, siding

03/23/2022

Jerome H.

3rd time hiring and have done an excellent job each time. Mike performed a gutter tune-up and a roof tune-up. Showed photos of before and after.

Description of Work
Gutter/Roof Tune-ups

Category gutter repair, roofing

We appreciate the awesome review [Member Name Removed]. We're so glad you enjoyed you've continued to enjoy your experience working with us!

02/21/2022

Rebecca H.

Quick and easy! Marcus was prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

The American Home Contractors Way, we value your time! Thank's for the great review [Member Name Removed] we really enjoyed working with you!

12/27/2021

Lisa H.

Isiah Glenn did a thorough, professional job.

Description of Work
Clean and tighten gutters.

12/20/2021

MARYSUE V.

As a repeat customer, I was happy with the service I received. The vendor phoned ahead to warn he was running late (only 10 minutes, but appreciated nonetheless). Isiah climbed a ladder (something I'm no longer willing to do) and did everything that I asked. He snapped before and after photos as proof. I've already booked next year's appointment.

Description of Work
I wanted someone to clean the debris from my roof and gutters and ensure that the gutter pegs where secure.

Category gutter cleaning

We're so happy you enjoyed your Tune-Up, we'll see you again next year!

07/25/2021

Jeff H.

Thank you James Im, Antonio and crew for an amazing experience and a job well done! It is rare these days to find a home improvement company that you can trust from beginning to end. AHC staff and representatives ensured that every detail from estimates, to coordinating delivery of materials and quality control of installation was performed to the highest standards and exactly on time. James and Antonio/crew were attentive to our every question and concern, and in the end made the experience with AHC a memorable one worthy of the highest level recommendation. Bottom line: If you choose any other roof replacement contractor - you will be making a mistake!

Description of Work
Roof and Gutter replacement

Category decks, roofing

Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled you had a great experience, and look forward to working with you again in the future!

07/15/2021

Chao H.

Chuck was GREAT! He did an excellent job. He not only did what he came to do. He also provided consultation on an issue with window leak.

Description of Work
Gutter Clea

Category decks, gutter cleaning

Thank you so much for your kind words, [Member Name Removed] We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

06/28/2021

Sam J.

It was an absolute pleasure working with everyone at American Home Contractors (AHC). I had a very customized project requiring a very specific type of siding since I live in Georgetown, DC, and we have several layers of historic oversight required prior to permit issuance. In other words, this neighborhood is extremely difficult to work in due to all the regulations required to obtain a legal permit to do any external work on these historic homes. John Roda, AHC’s Project Coordinator, was my primary contact at AHC over the many months it took me to finally obtain my permit and begin deciding on how to obtain the siding necessary to meet permit specifications. He was extremely competent and patient throughout the entire process and worked closely with me and the Historic Preservation Office contact for Georgetown to ensure that we were meeting strict product demands while also staying within my budget. So many other companies either refused to work with me or were incapable of working with me on this project due to the difficulties I encountered while navigating the permitting process alone. AHC is different. They have stamina, courage, and endurance. High-quality people + high-quality materials= high-quality job with the added bonus of a decent price for what you are getting. In the end, my home looks absolutely stunning. Even more importantly, I now have the peace of mind that my home has good quality siding and is structurally sound. AHC actually had to remove the illegal Masonite siding (has a class-action lawsuit for the damage it has caused homes in the past) that was likely installed in ~1970-1980 without the issuance of a legal permit when the old pebble dash stucco was removed. They installed some beautiful cedar siding in its place. I spent many sleepless nights worrying about the damage the Masonite might have done to the furring strips and the old 1880s substrate in the lead-up to the installation. Thankfully, all was well and the installation was extremely efficient and successful. The AHC siding installers arrived at 7 am on the day of installation and worked tirelessly until 7 pm. We initially estimated the job would take ~ three days, and they finished in only a day. Their work ethic and workmanship on the installation were truly astounding, especially in an era when simple tasks are often drawn out and good work ethic and professionalism are touted ad nauseam by companies but rarely mobilized in practice. As a first time homeowner, I have gone through a lot of mental anguish with my home’s historic idiosyncrasies, particularly when I am in the process of gathering estimates for necessary maintenance work and wait weeks or even months to hear back from companies that overcharge for low-quality materials and unenthusiastic, inefficient labor. AHC is different. I heard back with my first estimate within days (during fall 2020 with the COVID pandemic raging on), the materials were excellent, the price was fair, and John was very enthusiastic and optimistic throughout the project’s duration even despite the multiplicity of hurdles we encountered with the ever-changing demands of the historic preservation specialists. The only upside of gathering competing estimates and meeting with all those contractors I met with initially is that when I finally found a gold standard contractor (AHC), I experienced the sheer relief of having a reliable contractor for my current and future projects and to wholeheartedly recommend to friends and family. I am so grateful to everyone at AHC who worked so hard to make what really seemed impossible and out-of-reach finally materialize. If you have a tough (or simple) project that you need to be done right and are torn between companies or are just starting your search for a reliable, five-star contractor, I can highly, highly recommend AHC based on my experience with them. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Siding replacement (Masonite with Western Red Cedar)

Category insulation, siding

Thank you so much for your recommendation! We appreciate you taking the time to meet with us, and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

06/24/2021

Regina D.

The date of the appointment the gutters couldn't be cleaned because it had rained the previous evening and the roof was wet. Isaiah was very accommodating and came back the very next day. He phoned to let me know when he was on his way. When he arrived he got right to work. I am very satisfied with Isaiah's work. He even removed a wasp's nest that was over my front door before he left.

Description of Work
The gutters needed to be cleaned. The gutters also needed to have any leaks sealed.

05/27/2021

Sandy H.

Great job.. My husband & I are very happy with their work. Gutter and trim work was reasonably priced. Communication was excellent and any concerns were addressed right away. I would use American Home Contractor again. It is nice to know there are honest contractors out there who care about quality.

Description of Work
gutters & trim

Category gutter repair

05/15/2021

James C.

Great, the technician named Marcus did an excellent job, and took pictures of the work that was done.

Description of Work
Roof tune up.

Thank you so much for your kind words [Member Name Removed] We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

05/04/2021

Jennifer G.

Marcus did an excellent job and I highly recommend. Everything was done fast and efficient. My gutters were very clogged and now they look great!

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

04/22/2021

Lonnie B.

In 2020, Pre-COVID-19, my wife and I were looking to have our worn out gutters replaced on our home. After consulting with three different companies, American Home Contractors seemed to be the best choice. At that time, John Roda was the Project Coordinator who provided the appraisal. John had several qualities that stood out among the rest. 1. John was personable. 2. John was knowledgeable. 3. John was professional. Due to COVID-19, our plans were put on hold for close to a year. Once we were comfortable with revisiting our home improvement projects, we reached back out to John. Surprisingly, he had kept our information, and although he had an appointment that day, he made time to stop by to conduct another appraisal (personable). He provided visual aids to show what our options were, and made recommendations based on the benefits of upgrading, our needs, and most important.....our budget (knowledgeable). After signing the contract, John managed our calls in a timely manner, researched our inquiries, and conducted follow-ups to ensure that the work performed was up to American Home Contractor standards (professional). We were completely satisfied with the overall end product and quality of service provided throughout our contract. I spoke highly of John because he represented American Home Contractors better than we expected, and that's hard to find today when seeking honest businesses to contract with. We have several more home improvement projects on the horizon, and if all aligns like this recent experience, we will most likely contact American Home Contractors again. Thanks to John for investing his time into our project, and thanks to American Home Contractors for investing in quality employees to represent them. - L. Brinson - #satisfiedcustomer

Description of Work
Gutter Replacement

Category gutter repair

04/12/2021

John N.

Isiah was very professional and efficient. He communicated the issues with my roof and placed new shingles and sealed the areas that required it.

Description of Work
Roof tune up

04/06/2021

Seth A.

Mike did a good job cleaning up the gutters & the pictures of before & after were an added bonus.

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning

Category decks, gutter cleaning

Thank you so much! We appreciate you taking the time to talk about your experience.

03/17/2021

Stacey D.

Excellent. Isiah showed up mask on, on time and ready to work. There was no fast talking or hidden fees. It was exactly what was quoted to me. He was professional and got the job done.

Description of Work
Gutters tube up

03/16/2021

Lisa H.

Mike was very punctual and professional. He fixed a part of my gutter that blew off during a storm and adjusted another section as part of his service. I would definitely work with this company again.

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning

03/16/2021

Clarence H.

Chuck performed the roof tune up and was very informative and polite. The before and after photos were extremely helpful to see the work performed. The roof tune up is a great value.

Description of Work
Roof Tune Up

03/10/2021

Jeffrey H.

Marcus was fantastic! He arrived a few minutes early, and he walked with me as I showed him a couple areas where our gutters were leaking. He then went up to the roof to clean the gutters, and they look great. Once he was done, he reviewed his findings with me with pictures, including pointing out where he found the causes of the leaks and caulked them to prevent further leaks. He then sent me a link to all the pictures so I have them for my records. I will absolutely use American Home Contractors again - highly recommended!

Description of Work
Gutter tune-up

02/17/2021

Janet M.

I am always pleased by American Home Contractors. Marcus was very polite, explained what he was doing quite clearly, and was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
A roof inspection.

Category decks, roofing

We love to hear it! Thanks for sharing your experience!

02/09/2021

Christopher L.

We highly recommend American Home Contractors. The sales team was very knowledgeable about the roof replacement process, had all of the samples needed to assist with our decision and provided a list of addresses so we could drive by an see completed roof projects. They are a master elite GAF roofing contractor, which was important to us in selecting a contractor. The contract process was hassle free and they addressed all of our questions. The work crew was very efficient and professional, and left our property in a very clean condition. The finished product looks great. We would use AHC for additional projects in the future.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement

Category decks, roofing

Thanks for sharing such wonderful feedback! We're so glad you had a great experience with us in all aspects. We look forward to working with you again in the future!