Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Stafford, VA
There are 42 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Stafford
- Consumer Construction IncWe needed installation of interior French doors for a home office. The scope of the project included removal of existing casement/trim, installation of pre-hung French doors, and re-trim. We sought three estimates from local companies and found Consumer Construction most responsive to our needs. Installers were professional and were meticulous in ensuring no related damage to walls or hardwood flooring taking a craftsman approach to their work
- Power House Painting and Home ImprovementPaul and Gabriel arrived on time and were very professional. Both very respectful of the property and were meticulous with their work quality. Went over the work after completed and even had the Production Manager make a site visit upon completion. I wish I could have made the weather cooler for them but they were troopers. The whole process from quote to completed work is a well-oiled machine with Power House Painting + Home Improvement
- Power House Painting and Home ImprovementCharles and his crew did a great job for us. Both the staff in our home, the folks we dealt with on phone, Brian & Rick were all professional and polite. Charles and the men he worked with here were on time, careful of our property, and professional in all they did. We would definitely hire Power House Painting again
- Precision Fence, Deck & Floor SystemsArthur and Dee Dee were delight to work with and did a wonderful job repairing our deck. Arthur showed up as scheduled for the estimate, provided the estimate in follow up manner, and pricing was good. During the estimate, he suggest additional appropriate changes that improved the deck’s sturdiness. The work was done on time and of very high quality. They were receptive and answered all questions. What clenched the deal for us, was the teamwork and genuineness of this husband and wife team. They are a high performing class act. We would gladly use them again and recommended them to all
- Power House Painting and Home ImprovementExcellent. The quality of the work and the professionalism and care that the entire team put into the job was greatly appreciated.
- Medias Painting Contractor LLCGreat small business. Super job. Did the job quickly and professionally. Answered my messages promptly. Really great painters.
- Resident HandymanBob did a fantastic job on ALL the numerous projects he did for us. He was always on time, worked extremely hard, did exceptional high quality work, was knowledgeable and a wonderful teacher. He was so skilled in numerous projects I fired all other contractors and went strictly with Bob. He was exceptional at drywall, remodeled 2 bathrooms (plumbing, electrical & tile), a full kitchen (instillation of new cabinets, backsplash, lighting, electrical & plumbing), built custom window boxes and ceils) and lots and lots of drywall! He never called out, no showed or skimped on working hard. We still have a wish list of projects we intend to hire him for. If you need someone who can do it all...Bobs your man
- Exterior MedicsThe exterior Hardy Board installation was very good - timely and professionally done.The interior finishing of the screen porch was very spotty. It seemed that they did not understand how to do finish carpentry. The work dragged on for many months, and was full of problems, from ordering the wrong materials to not knowing what the correct order was for installing flooring, windows, inside panelling, etc. I would definitely use them for the exterior work, but not for the interior work
- Heinz Home Improvements and Services, Inc.Very well. We were able to coordinate everything by phone or email. He even coordinated with the Home Owners Association to ensure compliance with restrictions. When the gate was finished, I was notified and able to inspect prior to final payment. Will definitely use them again for this and other carpentry needs
- Blankson Home ImprovementWorst contractor ever! He breached our contract and made several fraudulent charges to my credit card that more than doubled our agreed contract price. He refuses to provide his insurance information and he damaged our house and lawn. The fence was poorly built and not to industry standards. After he overcharged me more than $6,000.00, he ghosted us and then gave the credit card company forged receipts that had information for a completely different person. He altered the contract by pen after it had been signed, but wasn't smart enough to follow the terms printed in the contract. Do not use this person, he is a criminal and will try to overcharge you while damaging your home and property in the process. He also goes by SOLOMON HOME IMPROVEMENT and is a complete scammer. Do NOT use Blankston Solomon for any work, I completely regret doing business with him. You can not find his business license with the BBB, he is a fraud
Contractors in Stafford
- Business Description:We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate todayRecent Review:Terrible. He took the stuff off prior a week and dint replace so I have to ask him he said he gonna do it on Friday but he couldn't. I even purchased the stuff he needs for him and he gave me 3 different dates to complete the job. I told him to completed the job by Monday and there's something wrong after they completed the job. He finish the work but its not a good work at allSarah H.
- Business Description:Our home grown company takes pride in the craft of kitchen cabinet refacing. We have our own team of experts that will make installation of your custom kitchen easy and clean. We accept cash, check, all major credit cards, and have financing options available through Wells Fargo. Call now for a free in-person or virtual estimateRecent Review:The Contractors Inc. did an amazing job on our kitchen cabinets. The whole process was very easy and inexpensive. They were able to provide a quote for us over the phone (no one had to come over and sell you stuff). When they came to install the cabinets the workers were very professional and completed the job in one day less than we thought (quoted to take 3 days but ended up taking 2). They went above and beyond by fixing one of the drawers that was sagging and installed small holders on the sides of the cupboards under the sink. Highly recommended and the whole process was smoothMatthew H.
- Business Description:Voted 2013 Prince William County Business of the year by the Chamber of Commerce. Family owned & operated small business.15 employees.Located in Prince William County since 1985. Over 20,000 projects completed. Financing options available. Discounts for Angie's List Members/Military/Seniors. Virginia class A contractor #2705151067. EPA Certification # is: NAT-29511-1. BBB A+ Rated. Award winning.Additional phone no - (703) 491-1626. Additional DBA - Consumer Construction. Additional DBA – C..Recent Review:The project went quite well. Very impressed with Consumer Construction, and we will certainly look to use them again if/when another need arises.James F.
- Business Description:16 yrs. Residential and some Commercial. Have worked with multiple Designers. Existing and new construction.Recent Review:It was such a treat to work with Danny and Picture Perfect Paper & Trim! What an all-around wonderful experience from start to finish. Danny brings impressive expertise, professionalism and superior follow-through to the job. The crown molding now in my husband's office is by far the nicest, most elegant example in entire house, and my newly wallpapered guest room is just gorgeous. All work was done by the afternoon (amazing), and everything looks even better than I dreamed it could. Many thanks to Danny & Co. for such a rewarding home makeover experienceLinda S.
- Business Description:Our motto is commitment to your Dream with home improvements made simple. We take no money down putting you in charge of your project. If we miss the deadline, we pay you!Recent Review:We are repeat customers of DreamHome - we had siding replacement and exterior painting done by them a few years ago. Like before, this project was handled in expert fashion. The sales rep, Wille Harner, was knowledgeable, a good listener and extremely responsive to all our questions. The price was fair and DreamHome arranged a comfortable financing plan. The job itself was done cleanly and skillfully; we were amazed at how quickly the team got everything done without leaving out any detailsSteve I.
- Business Description:Why choose us? We’re more than a window and door company. We’re a window and door company that people love. That’s why 70% of our business comes from repeat customers and referrals. Function, aesthetics, energy efficiency, and durability are all factors you, as a homeowner, have to consider in addition to the cost. Whether your intentions are practical or more fanciful, our specialized staff has the knowledge to guide you toward a window or door solution that fits both your imagination and yo..Recent Review:Very pleased with Hodges Windows and Doors service. Excellent professional installers, as well as sales manager and senior staff involved in project. Customer was always able to contact company staff as necessary and was provided with solutions. Reasonable prices. Would highly recommend HodgesMaria Victoria P.
- Business Description:*Class A Certified* - Able to work on any project or job. I have been in the home improvements business for 25+ years. I enjoy it very much. I specialize in General Contracting and Custom Home Building, General Remodeling, Basements/Additions/Garages, Decks/Docks/Boat Houses/Porches, Siding, Roofing, Replacement Windows/Doors and can handle any of your home improvements needs. Interior and exterior painting, simple repairs, shutters and gutters, remodeling bathrooms, and concrete just to name..Recent Review:Excellent! David & Brian did a very professional job, including wrapping new woodwork & matching color roofing to current roof. This is his 3rd project at my house.Kathleen O.
- Business Description:Paramount Builders is the East Coast’s premier home improvement replacement products company. We are proud to be “Improving our Community, One Home at a Time”. As a company, our goal is to establish the highest standard of excellence and integrity for our industry in our market and beyond. The cornerstone of our excellence is our products. We use only the absolute finest materials made. At Paramount Builders we are not just selling windows, siding, roofing and doors. We are selling our family..Recent Review:A bit of a wait for the materials but once they arrived installation was quick and painlessKENT V.
- Business Description:Im Jake Livengood and I would like to take this opportunity to briefly introduce our company Livengood Electrical llc so that you may consider our company for your electrical needs. Livengood electrical llc is a New small business, electrical contractor based right outside of Charlottesville Virginia, while serving Charlottesville and surrounding countys. Our services include wiring for new construction, Add ons, Remodels, Custom Houses, Additions and trouble shooting. Our company is committe..Recent Review:Jake and crew came out (over an hour drive one way) to correctly install a couple of out door outlets. Prompt and friendly. We will be using them again on a few other upcoming projects in the future. Thanks again for your expertiseJoshua L.
- Business Description:At Top Quality Contractors we are a family run business and my partner and I have over 50 years of combined service experience in the industry. I personally have been in business for 25 years. When I am not providing Top Quality to our clients, I enjoy being outdoors, golfing, fishing and hanging out with my 4 kids. I graduated from Frostburg State University. Our home office is located in Laurel Maryland. We also have a location in Fredericksburg, VRecent Review:The job was very well done, and in a very timely fashion. I took off one star because there was often a delay in getting back to me during the communication preceding the job, and I was not provided with the date the job would be done on the day promised. Instead, I was informed a day or two before the job actually started. But all of that aside, the work itself was top notch and I would definitely use them againJohn W C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Dale City
- Indian Head
- Lake Ridge
- King George
- Locust Grove
- Manassas Park
- Mason Neck
general contractors in Stafford
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A D E home services4301 Ensbrook Ln
- Abby Construction Co Inc1319 Lafayette Blvd Ste 100
- ACR Home Improvement8 Barclay Lane
- Addison Building and Remodeling238 Fairview Rd
- Amador Construction, LLC1202 Preserve Ln
- AMERICAN BULLDOG CONSTRUCTION3049 PARTLOW RD
- AMRO Construction20 Tolson Lane
- Archetype Builders10908 Courthouse Rd. Suite 102-230
- Ashburn Handyman and Remodelers LLC1100 N. Argonne Ave.
- Aspen Home Improvements2653 Lititz Pike
- Assurance construction Inc6 Engles Ct
- ATR Painting & Remodeling5912 Cove Landing Rd 302
- A D E home services
- Bailey's Home Improvement105 S Brooks Dr
- Ballard & Mensua Architecture5185 MacArthur Blvd #370 Ste 312
Washington, District Of Columbia
- Barker Brothers Drywall LLC2809 Powell Dr
- BasementRemodeling.com 1680 E Gude Dr Ste 313
- Bean & Mallow Inc3999 Jefferson Davis Hwy
- Bedrock Construction LLC22432 Germanna Hwy.
- Berriers All Around Home Medic LLC68 Edmonds Rd
- Blounts Home Improvements3030 Partlow Rd
- Blue Ridge Heart Pine Floors931 Deerfield Rd.
- Brian W Alexander Home Maintenance and Repair47 W 18th St
Front Royal, Virginia
- Building Management Services400 Turner Rd
- Bull Run Valley Construction18252 Springs Rd
- Burkett home improvements12255 Robin Rd
- Bailey's Home Improvement
- C & K ECP INC5121 Honest Bob Rd
Maiden, North Carolina
- C & R Custom Framing CLASS A Builders4428 Shepherds Road
- C.B.S. Enterprises LLC904 Princess Anne St Ste C-6
- Capital Restoration, Inc.2621 Morse Lane
- Cara Brava2915 Griffin Ave
- Carlise's Home Improvement11507 Woodland View
- Casabella property management514 Woodford street
- Chestnut & Sash, LLC1725 Artillery Ridge Rd
- Cima Construction4415 Evergreen Drive
- Coastal Builders,Inc.146 Bay Dr.
White Stone, Virginia
- Colonial Remodeling LLC11350 Random Hills Rd Ste 800
- Complete Construction Services LLC7220 Sherwood Forest Dr.
King George, Virginia
- CONSTRUCTION FOR U9873 S Congress St
New Market, Virginia
- Consumer Construction Inc14841 Build America Drive
- Cooksey Home Improvements7912 Ray Ln
- Creative Construction and Remodeling of VA, LLC13609 Winterberry Rdg
- Crimson Home Services LLCPO Box 492
- Custom Flooring Plus109 James Ln
- Cut-Right Construction LLC106 Hidden Lane
- C & K ECP INC
- Dannex Construction600 Interstate Business Park Ste B
- Dawson Home Improvements345 Blue Ridge Ave
Front Royal, Virginia
- DESIGN SPEC INC14514 LEE RD C
- Dicapa Construction and Remodeling1600 Tysons Blvd 8th Floor
Mc Lean, Virginia
- DJs Roofing and Home Improvements Incp.o. box 1185
Locust Grove, Virginia
- Dream Builders of VA77 Cool Spring Road
- DreamHome8000 Forbes Pl Ste 101
- Dzinbild14980 Davis Rd
Church Road, Virginia
- Dannex Construction
- E & K CABINETRY810 RANDOLPH AVE
- EAGLE RIVER CONSTRUCTIONPO Box 440 2151 NORTHUMBERLAND HWY
- elder and son construction13 captain johns cove
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- EVE INCPO BOX 10937
- Excell Contractors927 S Walter Reed Dr Ste 16
- Executive Improvements142 Stefaniga Rd
- Exterior Medics7540 Accotink Park Rd
- E & K CABINETRY
- FBT Tile & Marble Inc17885 Fraley Blvd
- FCL Services Inc.3352 Jefferson Davis Hwy
- Finishing Touch Design Decor4829 Davis Street
- Finishing Touches6420 Dawes Dr.
King George, Virginia
- Floor Foundations/Pierson And Sons Construction12477 cox mill road
- Foreman Carpenter Inc.14 New Bedford Ct
- Formerly Connor's an Ehrlich Company5408 Port Royal Rd Ste A
- FORTE HOME DESIGNS, LLC103 Mayfair Place
- Fredericksburg VA Handyman200 Grosvenor Lane APT #203
- FBT Tile & Marble Inc
- H R Stairs & RailsPO Box 1410
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handy Works679 Holly Crest Dr
- Hanson & Ryan Builders LLC3232 Salty Way
- Harrison Contracting, LLCP.O. Box 70
- Harrison Home Improvement656 Mt. Pisgah Church Dr.
- HBD Pro Painting & Home Repair Services1285 Jefferson Davis Hwy # 1406
- Heritage Contracting Services11903 Bowman Dr # 101
- Hiatt Construction LLC527 Pine Spur Lane
- Hodges Windows & Doors44190 Waxpool Rd
- Home-Kim Group Inc10103 Residency Rd
- HomePro Builders50 Royal Elm Rd
Front Royal, Virginia
- House-Calls12801 Gobbler Court
- H R Stairs & Rails
- J & D Construction and Maintenance304 S Brown Street
- J and A Painting Incorporated12 Partlow St
- J and K Construction956 Neal Davis Rd
- J&S Contractors Llc
Silver Spring, Maryland
- Jack of All Trades, LLC605 Weedon Street
- James A TrowPO Box 152
- JB Home & Commercial Services, LLC3278 Bethel Church Dr
- JB Services LLC15 Favour Ct
- Jett III Contracting Services111 Marshall Ave
Colonial Beach, Virginia
- JL Contracting51 Neupauer Ln
- J & D Construction and Maintenance