AC Solar Solutions

Founded 2010 • With Angi since June 2013

3.5

1700 Ranch Rd 620 N Ste 105

Austin, TX 78734

We are a co-op energy program. Solar electric systems, Energy efficiency improvements insulation, attic & duct seal, air sealing & weatherization. Triple pane solar reflective windows. Insulated siding systems. Impact resistant solar reflective Roof systems. AC Solar Solutions is dedicated to

01/22/2018

Richard R.

was charged twice as much as another system installed at home, all the phone numbers no one answers so unable to get support after the sale and had to fix the problems myself

Description of Work
had a small solar system installed

Category solar panels, energy audit

08/02/2016

Rebecca W.

I was offered a 12month same as cash loan and verbally promised to have may system connected to the electrical system through X-CEL in addition to many rebates to help me pay for the solar system. It really was a win-win situation. I have been a fan of solar energy since the 1980's After three months, when I called to find out why my system wasn't producing electricity, I as told it was X-CELS fault. I called X-Cel and the paperwork was never filed. I had to meet with the installer at my local Tokoyo Joe's restaurant to re-sign the X-Cel paperwork. 6 weeks later, when i called again to see why my system was not working, I was told it was X-Cels fault. I called X-Cel again to discover that X-Cel had no record of my system. I then called the finance companies to ask for help getting my money back. I was instructed to have the system inspected. The inspection showed faulty installation. I called A/C Solar and it took 5 months for their inspector to look at my system and confirm the installation was faulty. During an unplesent two hour conference call, the owner said the delays of improper install and panels hanging over my gutter were my fault, because I insisted on an inspection before we moved forward. I've lost my rebate from X-Cel and been downgraded to a different metering system. So even with the upgrade to a system that works, this a lose/lose situation. I was given a change order to upgrade my system and back it all up (what ever that means) to make a happy customer. I can only wait and see what will happen. I was told take the deal or call a lawyer. I do not have a working system, I do not have any rebates, and will have to start paying the finance charge, because the finance companies have said I have to work with the company, since no laws were broken. Fair treatment, descent customer service, would have been an inspection of the system when I first complained. Consideration of me and my solar system were not included in the working relationship with A/C Solar, and i'm sure once they read this review I will be mistreated more. I have little recourse since no laws were broken. I will certainly write again if the company actually does install a working system. Currently I regret working with this company.

Description of Work
Installed solar panels on my roof that hang over the gutter, have parts missing from the install rendering the system inoperable,

08/02/2016

sean C.

Great! Your entire team at A/C Solar solutions did an excellent job. I was especially impressed with the installation crew. Sometimes contractors are a little less than personable or professional in their behavior. That wasnt the case with the crew that installed our system. They were personal, professional in their behaivor and in communicating their needs and asking for our preferences. We're so ready to start producing our own electricity. Thanks again to the crew and Andy and Greg's communication all along the process. Great job - Give these guys your business and get the best products,price,service and warranty $ can buy!

Description of Work
Installed Solar System, Replaced some siding, Replaced windows and added to our insulation

Category handyman service, insulation, roofing, siding, replacement windows, solar panels, energy audit

09/29/2015

Debbie H.

Description of Work
service did not perform as it was advertised to do- system produced 1/3 of anticipated | |refused any compensation at all for roof leak caused by workers

Category roofing, solar panels

09/09/2015

Larry B.

Description of Work
AC Solar |- installed a 5kw solar array on roof (19 270W Solar world Mono panels) |- Updated the home electrical service for the solar power feed and installed a new 240V service to the garage |- Provided lifetime Envoy production monitoring server for real time power production tracking |- Coordinated service upgrade with electric utility provider |- Solar shades on west side windows |- Replaced all door seals |- Sealed all HVAC ductwork with a fiberglass putty |- Hired sub contractor to remove large tree | |All work contracted was done, but the communications is why I rated punctuality and responsiveness with low scores. I didn't like how the overall deal was presented and bundled either. Management of project communications, planning communications for dates and times when crews arrived was the problem throughout each step of the process. | |On the actual install date, large crew for installing the panels and three electricians completed the work in one day. Very professional and cleaned up after they were done. | |AC Solar can assist in financing if needed, but I would not recommend it. You are better to work with your bank or other conventional resources, rather then the unsecured loans source they provide. I would say, financing solar today is biggest challenge for any buyer, due to the amounts of money required and banks requirements for asset security. The savings are real from solar, but there is a cost outlay. | |As with any large home improvement project, get educated on what you are buying and get several bids.

Category roofing, replacement windows, air duct cleaning, doors, solar panels

03/22/2015

Richard L.

Overall our experience with AC solar was positive. The only negatives I had was the bizarre home study sales pitch (e.g. buy from us now or someone else in your neighborhood might get it) which I knew was bull-crap right off the bat, so I just ignored it :). Also, their costs were a bit on the high side, which is why I gave them a C for price. That said, they were very good at communicating with us before and during the build process. They were also great when they had to come out and replace all the micro-inverters in the system due to installing the wrong model. (They installed the Enphase M215 originally, when it should have been an Enphase M250). That said, they obviously should have installed the correct models in the first place :) We are still a few months out from completing the home study, If they come through with the promised $2,500 rebate then I will come back and update this review once that occurs or not.

Description of Work
Installed a 5000w solar panel system.

01/21/2015

Frank C.

Description of Work
Canceled the contract due to lack of response

12/31/2014

Lon R.

11/28/2014

Roland Y.

great customer service. very friendly throughout entire process.

Description of Work
comprehensive home efficiency service. insulation, windows, solar panels & more

Category insulation, solar panels

10/21/2014

Jason R.

AC Solar took approximately 6 months to install solar panels. Response times for phone calls and emails ranged from days to weeks. All work was sub contracted out to multiple contractors without communication between contractors. Weeks passed between sub contracted jobs such as windows and insulation on the home. Contract with AC Solar states customer will pay 60% of project if the customer cancels even before the work is done and that is about $14,000. Contractors had to be changed multiple times due to not having licenses to operate in Pflugerville. First set of rebates ($3000) for referring three people and keeping a sign in the yard will not happen. I refuse to recommend to anyone or help them advertise in any manner. Now October from a projected started in February, everything is not completed. I was sent forms to sign verifying equipment I have never used or seen before was working properly. I requested an onsite visit and was offered monitoring software. Last week I was told the power company I have had for 5 years does not give solar rebates. I listed my power company on the initial forms in February. I am trying to keep this as factual as possible and less opinionated. It is difficult to explain the challenges I have faced with this company at every turn without showing an extreme level of frustration. I never had this experience with a home improvement project or a business and I am unclear as to the next steps to take outside of this review and a complaint to the BBB. I have all email and voice mail communications with them saved. If anyone has had similar experiences with any other company and has some suggestions, I would really appreciate you sharing your insight with me and letting me know what other steps can be taken.

Description of Work
Install solar panels on a residential home.

Category insulation, replacement windows, solar panels

07/03/2014

Kerry B.

They did a great job. They were very professional and organized. Everything they said they would do, they did it. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They installed new windows throughout our entire home.

Category replacement windows

05/16/2014

Ron A.

1st time contacted salesman said would call me back in 1 hour. He never contacted me again. Second time the Sales Mgr contacted me from Home office in Colorado. I got initial estimates in very unprofessional format, had several back and forth questions and just as I was making a decision the Sales Manager refused to call me back. Had to chose a different company.

Description of Work
Roofing, replacement windows and doors.

Category roofing, replacement windows, doors

05/15/2014

Gary H.

Never got back to us with an estimate . Bad move we went to another company.

Description of Work
We wanted a estimate on solar, they came by looked over everything, talked a good sales pitch and then never got back to us with an estimate.

05/07/2014

Gabriel M.

Description of Work
It went well. Some confusion with the financing. That took some time but got cleared up. Analysis was done and it was confirmed that because of the position and location of our home it was not optimal for solar panels and would require more panels and many modifications to compensate. Company was still able to do the work but recommended we pursue other more cost effective home improvements. The company was very professional and seemed to genuinely want to help people.

01/07/2014

Matson B.

NA. No response

Description of Work
I reached out for a quote on a solar installation but got not response

Category solar panels

Hello, Thank you for your post. We are currently not in the Houston Market. Can you please respond back on how you contacted us? There is many different sources on how people can contact us we would like to make sure everything is being done on our end. Thanks A/C Solar Team.

08/05/2013

Frank E.

These guys were GREAT!! Last year in July my electric bill was $278.83. I called about 3 months ago off a radio ad I heard. I spoke with a gentleman who set up an appointment for that following Saturday. Rep showed up 15 mins early so he could take a look at the home before starting our meeting. He spent about 2 hours fully educating us on everything from the panel type, to inverters, to system sizes, to lease vs purchase, to the rebates available, to the install process. They make the solar experience a breeze.!! They worked hand-in-hand with my utility company and my HOA to get the system approved. They were extremely flexible with both my wife and I's schedule. The installers were very polite and professional. The office staff have answered any questions I've had along the way. The install was completed 6/21 and when i received my July bill, it was $6.13 (and $4.25 of that was service fees). I'm truly amazed to say the least. I highly recommend A/C Solar Solutions to ANYONE looking into solar power!!!

Description of Work
I had a 4.5kw solar pv system installed, 10 inches of blown-in insulation, 4 triple pane windows, weather stripping, AND an energy audit done on my home.

07/01/2013

Jennifer E.

Do not call these people or waste your time with them. They are running ads on the radio but do not call the number. I called and made an appointment. Had a guy in Denver call me three times to confirm our appointment time. July 1st at 4pm. At 4:30pm on July 1st I started to call and ask where they were. Of course the only number I had was the one in Denver. I got a voice mail but gave me a local number to call in Austin. I left a voice mail on the Denver number and then called the local number and left a voice mail. About 10 minutes later the local phone number called me back saying the appointment time was 5pm not 4pm. Really? I have two voice mails from your company saying 4pm. He stated he was on his way to my home. Then the Denver number called and said they were having server issues and he wasn't sure they sales rep got the email. OK well I just spoke to him and he said the appointment time is 5pm. I then got a text at 4:51pm saying from the local number saying he wasn't going to make it. The information takes two hours and can we reschedule for 4pm on July 2nd. Really your original time was 5pm so why aren't you going to make it at 4:51pm? Something smells fishy here. You do not have the courage to call me? We spoke about 20 minutes ago but instead you send me a text? My husband and I took off work at 3:30pm to be at our home for a 4pm appointment. No we will not reschedule with you. No we will not do business with you. No matter how "sweet" your deal may be.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category solar panels

Hi [member name removed], Thank you for the post. We apologize for any inconvenience that we've caused you when running late for your appointment. Our company does make customer service a top priority, but unfortunately because of our server problem that day we were scrambling to get you, amongst many other customers, either seen or rescheduled. In an effort to get you seen, we sent a consultant from San Antonio with no advance notice. Our server issues that day was a fluke thing and again we apologize for your experience. We have several hundreds of happy customers in the Austin area and would love a second opportunity to make up for the late appointment and possibly earn your business. Please let us know what we can do. A/C Solar Solutions

06/25/2013

John E V.

.System options were reasonably priced. System was delivered, installed and activated on time and in budget. System quality and performance is as represented. Very satisfied

Description of Work
Contracted to provide Solar system to produce enough energy to eliminate my austin energy bill completely. Thoroughly explained a range of solar technologies, rebate programs and tax programs, demonstrating and attractive ROI. Provided proposals offering 2 options. Coordinated with service provider and me regularly to ensure all required program documents were properly filed and inspections were performed, until service was completed and system activated

06/21/2013

Dan F.

AC Solar came to our house and explained City of Austin rebate for solar panels (if you get the big panel like we did we had $15000 knocked off the net price of the solar system). Then they assessed how energy efficient our house was (required to get COA rebate) & installed not only solar but windows (NOT included in $39000 price). If COA would have been faster could have gotten done in 3 months. COA finally hooked our solar on today and we're equalling (so far) our electricity expenditure. Also got to take it off of taxes so got rebate that way too!

Description of Work
Solar panel installation as well as energy efficiency (energy efficient windows)

Statewide Remodeling

If you’re looking for the best remodelers in Austin, then you’ve come to the right place! From kitchen and bathroom remodeling, to custom home renovations and room additions, we can help you create the space you’ve always wanted. With our competitive prices and commitment to quality, why wait? Let us help you turn your house into the home of your dreams today!

Showroom Windows & Doors

Standard & Custom Window & Door Replacement for residential and commercial projects. We specialize in products like Andersen, Marvin & Pella Windows just to name a few.

Offers Coupon

My Favorite Service Company

My Favorite Service Company service experts have years of experience repairing, servicing, and installing heaters and air conditioners from all brands and models. High-efficiency heating and air conditioning systems nowadays have numerous sensors and technologies that can break with the slightest wrong motion. Save time and money by hiring our service experts to take care of your air conditioning grunt work so you can focus more on the essential things in life.

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Solar Electric Systems, Energy Auditing & Home Improvements, Insulation, Attic & Duct Sealing, Air Sealing & Weatherization, Solar Reflective Windows & Roofing, Insulated Siding Systems, & Solar Air Conditioning.

We are a team of home improvement/solar professionals with a wide variety of skills and experience in all aspects of energy efficiency.