Having a septic tank system requires some maintenance. In order to avoid hazardous incidents or health problems, read below to learn some key septic tank safety tips.
Get matched with top septic system services in Pittsford, NY
There are 6 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Pittsford
- Zinks Septic SolutionsWe had a new septic system installed. We were completely impressed with everything: they were professional, responsive, and paid attention to each and every detail. Excellent work!
- Zinks Septic SolutionsPerfect. The complete system was serviced and all problems corrected and tested. The best service I have ever seen for this complicated system.
- Chamberlain Septic & SewerWe made an appointment with Chamberlain to pump out our septic tank. This was the first time we did this since buying the house 6 years ago. Chamberlain was the company that pumped out for the previous owner when we bought the house, which was one of the reasons we went with them. We didn't have a drawing of the system and didn't know where the tank was located. The system was still working fine but we wanted to pump it out before winter. There was a 3-hour window for the appointment. I had another commitment at the end of that time and, naturally, the driver came just after I left the house. He attempted to locate the tank unsuccessfully and left before I returned. I called Chamberlain and they sent out another driver that afternoon. I showed the driver where the main drain exited the basement and he quickly located the tank. The driver was knowledgeable and the pumpout was uneventful. I appreciated him coming back to take care of us late in the day on Friday
- Chamberlain Septic & SewerWe've used Chamberlain before to clean/drain our septic tank. Unfortunately, the previous owners of our house built a deck directly over the entrance to the septic tank. This only allowed for the hose to enter from the side of the deck instead of directly straight down into the opening. This also prevented the use of the sticks & shovels to really get in there. At the suggestion of Chamberlain from there last visit, I got my handyman to create a nicely made pull out "1 piece" of the deck section covering the entrance hole of the septic tank. During this visit Chamberlain was able to go straight down into the septic tank opening with the various size sticks, shovels, and hoses. The 2 fellas worked their tails off to make sure they got in there and got rid of all the waste! I saw some of the waste (toilet paper & wipes) shooting through the hose like a rocket from time to time. After about 90 minutes of going at it and being very thorough, the job was finally done like it should have been (straight down into the septic tank opening). These guys were just great and the $15.00 Angie's List coupon was honored
- Chamberlain Septic & SewerPhone was answered promptly and pleasantly. Service was scheduled at a convenient day and time. Technician arrived on the scheduled day, after calling 1/2 hour ahead as promised. He dug out the tank top, pumped it out, tested water flow, replaced sod over cover. All was done neatly and efficiently - no mess at all. The technician, Ron, was very pleasant, answered questions and explained the process. I was very satisfied with every aspect of the service
- Chamberlain Septic & SewerIt was a comical situation, I purchased a home and the realtor listed the house on public sewer, only to discover 9 years later, this was not true. Chamberlain sent out their guy to locate and pump the system based on drawings provided to the Health dept. The drawings submitted to the county were incorrect, and the man discovered we had TWO active septic systems on my property. Throughout the morning, the man was professional and very patient while we searched everywhere for the mysterious systems! I was extremely worried, at first, near tears, then finally relieved ... I highly recommend this contractor - A
- Chamberlain Septic & SewerHe was going to be late because their truck would not start.. but they called and made sure it was ok to be late! They did the job in an efficient manner and lived up to my expectations.
- Chamberlain Septic & SewerI made an appointment for someone to take a look at it and let me know how to proceed. Dean came to the house early and indicated this was beyond his scope. He could obviously empty the tank but beyond that could not help me fix the problem. He left the house, and within 30 minutes had contacted an engineer who recommended filling it with cement (a recommendation I had already heard); he then put me in touch with a mason Guy Swingly who he has known for years. Gus came by within a few days of my call and just today filled the tank with cement. I now feel secure that my family room will stand for years to come. Dean went above and beyond to help me even though I would not be paying him for services. If ever I own a home with a septic system, Chamberlain will get my business. Very much appreciated!! Thank you Dean
- Chamberlain Septic & SewerCalled the company, stopped by the location and paid in advance. We agreed on a certain date, but they were unable to comply with the date they had previously committed to. They called to change the date only a couple days before trhey were supposed to show up. They showed up on the new date and serviced the tank as scheduled. I was not present, but my wife was. She was pleased with the work
- Chamberlain Septic & SewerI had already scheduled an appointment with their service and was on the docket for a week out. The reason my call to them was my toilet and sink were starting to gurgle. On Saturday morning, just two day after I had initially called, everything backed up, my toilet, shower etc. I called Chamberlain again in a panic, told them my situation had changed and was now urgent that they come asap. They said they would be there within couple hours... so I went for a cup of coffee down the street and within just a few minutes, received a call from their driver that he was sitting in my driveway. He asked where the septic tank was, I was back within 10 minutes and he was already done! He found the tank, dug it up, uncovered it and drained the inlet (where the problem was) and the entire tank and was buttoning up when I got there. The operator was friendly, efficient and cleanup afterwards... I'm a business owner and I'm not easily impressed, however Chamberlain WOW'd me... from my one experience with Chamberlain, I highly recommend them
Last update on July 3, 2020
Septic Service Contractors in Pittsford, NY
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Building a house on raw land means paying for trenching, sewer and electrical lines, well digging, and septic installation. Here’s what it will cost.
Find septic tank services in
- East Rochester,
- Honeoye Falls,
- West Henrietta,
- North Chili,
Septic Tank Contractors in Pittsford, NY
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ALL- CLEAR PLUMBING & HEATING14 CALLINGHAM RD
Pittsford, New York 14534
- ALL- CLEAR PLUMBING & HEATING
- Barefoot Septic and Sewer Inc2920 Telephone Rd
Caledonia, New York 14423
- Barefoot Septic and Sewer Inc
- Gatti Plumbing Inc.441 Elmgrove Rd
Rochester, New York 14606
- Gatti Plumbing Inc.
- H&S Septic Services115 Knollwood Dr
Fairport, New York 14450
- H&S Septic Services
- Leclaire-Fleming Plumbing And Heating Services, In925 Maple St
Rochester, New York 14611
- Leclaire-Fleming Plumbing And Heating Services, In
- Mark Colf Excavation Contracting IncPO Box 194
Canandaigua, New York 14424
- Mark Porretta Excavating Inc4414 Latting Road
Canandaigua, New York 14424
- McKenna's Kitchen & Baths556 Whitney Rd West Ste 1
Fairport, New York 14450
- Meyers Environmental60 Cobbs Ln
Fairport, New York 14450
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Rochester195 Dewey Ave
Rochester, New York 14608
- Mark Colf Excavation Contracting Inc
- Pride Plumbing Services Inc.2425 Brighton Henrietta Town Line Rd Suite B
Rochester, New York 14623
- Pride Plumbing Services Inc.
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup1200 Buffalo Rd
Rochester, New York 14624
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup
- Valley Mechanical7894 State Rte 245
Naples, New York 14512
- Valley Mechanical
- Zinks Septic Solutions38 State Route 21 South
Palmyra, New York 14522
- Zinks Septic Solutions
Septic tank companies that service Pittsford
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.