G T Campbell Plumbing

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2006

4048 Cream Ridge Rd

Rochester, NY 14502

GT Campbell Plumbing is a family owned and operated business operating for over 13 years, serving Monroe and surrounding counties. Owner George Campbell has over 30 years of plumbing experience. We operate under the principle of treating a customer’s home with the greatest of care and the customer with respect. Our expert technicians quickly assess a customer’s plumbing issue with providing the best possible solution that resolves the issue. We provide upfront pricing which is fair and competitive in the market before doing the work....

02/27/2021

Peter P.

Great work. Fast and professional. I'd definitely hire them again! Easy quote and pricing.

Description of Work
Tub Faucet Replacement

11/13/2020

Pam K.

Joe the plumber arrived early. He was professional, knowledgeable, prompt as well as being a pleasure to have work in my home. He replaced the entire drain and the disposal in less than an hour and a half. He explained options and gave suggestions. I am very pleased with this encounter.

Description of Work
Kitchen drain was plugged and insinkerator disposal nonfunctional

Category plumbing, interior painters, drain cleaning

10/18/2020

Peter P.

Nice professional job. Clean (drop cloths for waking around). Came on time, texted when they were on their way. Pricing exactly as quoted

Description of Work
Shower faucet

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you again for commenting on your experience with us! We appreciate your business! Muriel

08/27/2020

Bill M.

Service was prompt. Technician was professional. Quoted price before starting. Took pictures of work before and after. Cleaned up when done

Description of Work
Fix toilet leak. Needed wax ring

Category interior painters

Thank you for the very positive review. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment on the plumbing service you received and we really do appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you! Muriel

04/22/2020

Jim B.

Mr. Campbell was a paragon of professionalism and competency. In this time of COVID-19, he wore a bandana, wore gloves, maintained his separation distance, and even wiped off the door knobs and outside fence gate he touched with a disinfectant wipe! His price was better than others for the same product as well. In addition, he's a nice guy too!

Description of Work
He replaced a water heater.

Category water heater repair

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give a review and we are happy that you were pleased with the service you received. We appreciate your business!

08/27/2019

Daryl H.

Very good, professional service. Went above and beyond.

Description of Work
Repaired & replaced bathtub valve assembly and installed water pressure reducer

08/10/2019

Judy W.

Great! Communication was excellent through the entire process. Texted appointment confirmation, reminders and when they were on the way. Thomas explained job process clearly as well the entire cost upfront and time expected to complete the job. I have had no problems with the new installation and they guaranteed the workmanship for one year. He installed 3 frost free spigots with shut off valves. I am very picky and they exceeded my expectations. A second issue I had involved gurgling. Thomas was not sure of the exact cause but took about a half hour (no extra charge) to investigate. George (father) stopped by and investigated it further with me. He clearly explained and showed me what he found, made sure I understood the issue and what the next steps would be. Again, no extra charge, a price was quoted and I scheduled the job with the them. I am so pleased to have found a plumber worth rehiring!

Description of Work
3 outdoor spigots replaced

06/19/2019

Chris S.

The work went great.The plumber came on time. He explained the problem and what he would do. He did the job quickly and left the bathroom clean.No more problems with the toilet ! He was courteous and professional. A nice feature of this service is that they call you about 10 minutes before they arrive. They also call and let you know if they will be late.

Description of Work
Toliet was backed up

03/01/2019

MICHAEL M.

It went great. I've never had a better plumber, or any contractor for that matter. Thomas was the Plumber who came out. He was personable, considerate, and a terrific Plumber. He worked by himself, hauling in a big new water heater and toilet on an icy driveway. Their Customer Service is outstanding as well. My initial phone call was returned quickly. Mrs. Campbell is the office person. She schedules appointments, and is great to work with. She called the day of the appointment to let me know when Thomas would arrive, and worked out an issue that needed attention before the job could be completed. Thomas did an outstanding job.

Description of Work
Replace heating elements and thermometers in older hot water heater. Install a second water heater. One was not enough for the capacity we use. We also had a toilet replaced that was not very efficient.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

01/21/2019

Barbara E.

A great experience! G T Campbell Plumbing (George) was polite, informative, punctual and provided a fair estimate. On the day of the installation, George made sure my floors were protected and he worked with great efficiency. He was friendly and gave me updates throughout the installation. I am totally satisfied and highly recommend G T Campbell Plumbing for any plumbing needs. Top notch company!

Description of Work
Installation of new gas hot water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

01/07/2019

Todd I.

All was done really well, this is the second time we used them. I gave them a C on quality this time because I had clearly asked that a shutoff valve be put on the main water line which they did, however, it was put above the line for the new backup pump so if I shut off water to go on vacation it also shuts off the backup pump. I did not notice it until just last night when I was rearranging my workbench area. Bummed

Description of Work
Back up sump pump System was put in along with changing out out water pressure regulator, and also put in a new Kitchen Faucet.

Category plumbing, wells

01/02/2019

Timothy Y.

My kitchen and basement sinks started to back up this past weekend leading into the New Year holiday. I was able to get by for a day or two and waited until New Years Eve to call GT Campbell. I called them based on the reviews here on Angie's List. Muriel got back to me within half hour and asked if this was an emergency. I advised her that it was not and she said her first opening was two days later during the 1-3pm window. That was fine and we scheduled it. Fast forward to today and I get a call around noon from Muriel asking if the plumber could show up early as he was done ahead of time. I was home so this was OK. Thomas showed up and I introduced myself. I showed him where the clogged drain was in the basement. He let me know the cost up front and asked if I still wanted to go forward with the cleaning. I did. He brought his gear down and got to work. Once he had finished and cleaned up he showed me what he thought the culprit was outside of aging pipes / standard sludge. It looks as if a paper towel had made its way in and was backing things up worse than normal. Thomas provided me an invoice with an Angie's List discount, I paid up and he went on his way. Overall it was a pleasant experience and I'd have GT Campbell back again for future work.

Description of Work
Plumbing - Drain Cleaning

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

12/09/2018

Dean M.

Very professional, very responsive, talked us out of spending money on things that might not pay off. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Faucet installation and some general repairs on old plumbing.

11/20/2018

John D.

I requested a quote for installation of a gas shutoff valve behind our new gas range from several Angie's list highly rated plumbers. When George arrived to give his quote, he gave the situation the most consideration to ensure he could do the job to our satisfaction. He had the lowest bid and he did the work well. He went above an beyond by helping me hook up the range and slide it into place. I would consider hiring him again.

Description of Work
Gas shutoff valve behind gas range

Category plumbing

Mr [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. It is important to us that our customers are pleased with our service. We appreciate your business! Thank you! G.T. Campbell Plumbing

09/05/2018

Deanna G B.

This was my first time using GT Campbell Plumbing and I was heavily influenced by the reviews. I called Tuesday morning after Labor Day weekend and had an appointment for the next day (was not an urgent situation). I was given a two hour window and a call 30 minutes before they would be arriving. The owner George arrived to handle the issue. He was courteous and very considerate of my home - booties on the shoes, cleaning the floor and outside of laundry sink when done and mindful of the door outside since I let him know I have cats. The drain was cleared within 45 minutes and I got a 5% Angie's List discount. Granted this was not a difficult job but I appreciated the way I was treated and that I only had to be concerned with a 2 hour availability window. Would definitely call them again.

Description of Work
Basement laundry sink drain snaked

Category plumbing

Dear Customer, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and your business. We look forward to being of service to you for any future plumbing needs. G.T. Campbell Plumbing

07/09/2018

Stephanie D.

The whole experience was fantastic! Everyone I spoke to was very helpful, they gave me all the facts and didn't push anything on me I didn't want. No pushy sales.

Description of Work
My water heater broke in the middle of the night on a Sunday. They called me by 7am Monday morning. I had many issues that they were able to take care of that day. Saved my basement and sanity!

Category water heater repair

02/16/2018

Erin O.

George and his son were fantastic. The previous homeowners had done a complete remodel of the home to flip it, and did things -wrong-. I had a shower without a trap, I had a trap so far away from the dishwasher that there was no way to snake it, there was a literal maze of plumbing coming from my downstairs bathroom. It all had to be redone. George came in and snaked it so I could at least do my dishes, as it had clogged up from the kitchen sink, and then came back two weeks later to do the complete job. All of my downstairs drainage system has been re-worked and it looks -professional-. I'll definitely be hiring GT again to put in a few more projects.

Description of Work
Plumbing Re-Work

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that you were pleased with the service. We thank you for your business!! G.T. Campbell Plumbing

02/15/2018

Cathleen S.

George started by checking pressure of water coming into house which was fine. He then checked sinks, toilets, tub and wash machine and noted drop in pressure when in use. He determined it was a faulty pressure reducing valve. He replaced the valve and again checked sinks, etc. Problem solved. He noticed there was a problem with the sprayer on kitchen faucet and advised me to call Moen for a replacement, which I did, and they are sending me a new one.

Description of Work
Needed to find problem with water pressure.

Category plumbing

Hi, Thank you for the positive review and thank you for your business!! G.T. Campbell Plumbing

01/12/2018

lawrence S.

Excellent, worked me in quickly, and got the job done with minimum disruption

Description of Work
sink clogup

Category drain cleaning

12/08/2017

Diane K.

Called around 10:30 AM and plumber was there by 2:00. Office was very good, told me timeframe to expect, and they called to let me know when the plumber was on his way. He checked out the situation and gave me a quote, then let me know how long the work was expected to take and checked to be sure I didn't have a time constraint. He replaced sump pump and backup, plus installed check valve and back flow preventer. Work took less time than estimated. Work area was left very neat and clean. Throughout the job this company was very professional and responsive, I will definitely use them again for other plumbing work.

Description of Work
Sump pump and backup were both working erratically, so I was getting water in the basement.

09/30/2017

Michael M.

They scheduled us in right away, and came 2 days later. Arrived 1/2 hour early, after calling ahead to make sure it was OK. He installed the faucets we had bought, even replaced a couple of corroded shutoff valves. Quality of the work was good, and he did a thorough cleanup job. The price was in line with our expectations, and lower than another quote we had gotten.

Description of Work
We had 2 faucets replaced, one in the kitchen and one in the bath.

09/20/2017

Barbara L.

I was able to get an appointment in a very reasonable length of time. They did the job quickly and competently.

Description of Work
Change out pressure valve

09/20/2017

William B.

Better than great!! Showed up within one minute of schedule. Received a phone call from office confirming arrival...also within one minute of plumber arriving. Work completed with ultimate satisfaction. I would definitely recommend and will most definitely use again.

Description of Work
Replacement faucet.

08/19/2017

Karlein F.

Great job. Made more usable space under sink

Description of Work
Repair leak under sink. New garbage disposal

06/29/2017

Barbara L.

I needed additional work on a newly installed water heater. After getting an estimate from the original installers, I called Campbell Plumbing because they had done a good job for me last fall. Their estimate was quite a bit lower, and I hired them for the job.They were able to schedule the work within the week. Even though they ran into some difficulties with the job, (my house is 60 years old) the final cost was not much more than they had originally quoted.

Description of Work
Installation of expansion tank on water heater and pressure reducer on water line.