When installing a garage door opener, you need to consider the type, horsepower, any accessories you want, and whether you should DIY it or hire a pro. This guide will help you determine the true cost of installing garage door openers.
Get matched with top garage door companies in Corning, NY
There are 2 highly-rated local garage door companies.
Recent Garage Doors Reviews in Corning
- Norb Miller General ContractorThe work was done correctly. Mr. Miller contacted me the night before to let me know they would be arriving the next morning and they were here at 8 a.m. Mr. Miller introduced me to the husband/wife who would be doing the work. They were very professional and knew what they were doing. The left my garage more clean than when they started, sweeping the floors in both bays. Because I had to leave before they were done, they came back the next day to program the exterior opener. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mr. Miller and his crew. They are slated to replace 2 skylights once the weather permits read less
- Genson Overhead Door IncThese guys were great! Very professional, punctual and honest about what was worth doing. Highly recommended!
- Overhead DoorThey are excellent and reliable. They are very easy to schedule with and their work is great. They are very professional people.
- Art's Overhead DoorsI called in the morning to see if someone could replace a broken cable on my garage door. The service technician called me back soon thereafter and said he was near my house, but on his way to another late afternoon job. However, I was able to leave work and he arrived within 45 minutes at my home. The work went well and he (Roland) explained everything he was doing. I admit that I did not shop around, but was a little surprised at the cost of $139 to replace two cables. It seemed like a relatively simple job - especially when he also gave me a quote for replacing the entire door as being $690. Oh well, the workmanship was good and Roland was very polite and knowledgeable. I would recommend him and Art's Overhead Door read less
- Overhead Door Company of BinghamtonThere was nothing other than the work that I liked about them. They got here promptly, got the job done and left. Their responsiveness was very good and the price that they charged was reasonable. I would use their services in the future too.
- Overhead Door Company of Cortland IncWe were having problems with the automatic garage door openers. I wanted a local business to help us. The business owner returned my first call promptly (after 5pm!) and made an appointment for the next day. The day of the appointment he had to reschedule our appointment, but he was easily reached by cell phone. Arriving promptly, the technician evaluated the problems, and working step by step through the issues. He had all supplies and parts needed in his truck. He checked all rollers, wires, springs and lubricated all during the inspection. He answered all my questions and fixed the problems read less
- Overhead Door Company of Auburn/Syracusesaved big expense of new panel by clever fixes! Didnt give up until completely fixed. Prompt, courteous, friendly!
- Door Doctor OperationsHE WAS VERY CLEAR ABOUT SETTING EXPECTATIONS (ESPECIALLY EXPLAINING WHAT HE'D BE DOING AND WHY) AND HE WAS PROMPT AND POLITE. HE WAS JUST REALLY GOOD
- Art's Overhead DoorsDoor wasn't closing; called Art's. They came within an hour, diagnosed the problem, gave me an estimate. He returned the next day with a helper and finished the job in the time estimated. Very responsive, clean, professional.
- Overhead DoorI called at 8:30 in the morning after coming out and finding the spring had snapped. The door was opened so I removed the car and manually closed the door. I phoned and spoke to a very pleasant receptionist who explained it probably would be a day or two. As it was not an emergency I told them that was fine. When I got home that evening they had already been there and done the repair. They did everything that was necessary and I thought the price was more than fair...especially since I never asked them for a quote. By the way I selected this company based upon the reviews here on Angie's List read less
Garage Door Companies in Corning
- Business Description:We are a local family Owned and Operated business looking to fulfill all our customers needs.Recent Review:TLR contracting & Lawn care did a amazing job on my fence. They were their on time and ready to roll everyday!! Tyler was very understanding and met my expectations to the T. I would recommend TLR contracting and lawn care to anyone. I have gotten alot of complements on my fence already, I absolutely love the job they did. If I need anyother work done i will have them read lessShelby B.
- Business Description:We here at Art's Overhead Door have been in business since 1946 keeping a simple philosophy: Our customers are our Business. We take pride in the work and service that we offer but our customer service is what keeps us her read lessRecent Review:These guys were great. The installation went flawless and the guys were on time. I had three overhead doors installed and they looked great. I had a problem with the door (hit the bottom panel with tractor) and they ordered the Panel and it was installed the same week. Great service and highly recommend them. Any issues I had they fixed. Had a spring break two days ago and they came out right on time and fixed it no charge. Thanks guys read lessScott M.
- Business Description:Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and afford.. read lessRecent Review:Norb quoted $500.00 to install a new kitchen sink. Then he has an “employee” call saying cost has gone up to $650.00 Would not recommend this company to anyone for anythingMario R.
- Business Description:We are a full service construction company that operates year - round. There is no job too small or too large for our team of quality craftsmen. We give free estimates and do all project work by contract. All service and maintenance work is invoiced, so you'll always have an explanation of the work that was performed. Warrantees vary from 1 year labor to 40 year manufacturer, depending upon the work being done and you can rest assured that the job will be done on time, on budget in most cases.. read lessRecent Review:When my husband and I purchased a retirement home in New York, we had no idea how to go about finding the right person to do our remodel, especially since we lived in another state. Luckily, my husband found Larry Becker of Maple City Contracting on Angie's list after a bad encounter with a shyster for lack of a better word. Mr. Becker is a highly honest, knowledgeable, and excellent contractor. Not only that, but he actually communicates with his clients. Communication for us was key; we knew the work was going to be extensive and that we couldn't do it all at once, but Mr. Becker worked us into his busy schedule and responded to every one of our emails, and believe me, we sent a lot. For all these reasons and more, we found Larry's professionalism to be off the charts. He is someone you can definitely trust. Furthermore, he and his crew do outstanding work. The craftsmanship is laudable and meticulous. Being a lover of HGTV, I had many ideas and wanted things done right. After all, we were paying for a contractor's expertise, so that's what we expected, and with Maple City Contracting, that's exactly what we got. I could go on and on about how awesome are experience was and still is with our contractor as we approach the final stages of our remodel, but I'd rather just end by saying that everyone who has seen the interior of our house, admires the carpentry and wants the name of our contractor. Mr. Becker and his team's work speak for itself. I'd give him three thumbs up, but I only have two read lessmarty r.
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - GDSCO. Garage Door Supply Company is an authorized Chamberlain LiftMaster dealer. We carry a complete line of LiftMaster Parts, Accessories and LiftMaster remote control transmitters and receivers. LiftMaster is a registered trade mark of the Chamberlain Manufacturing Group. LiftMaster and Chamberlain parts, accessories and remotes are interchangeable with Sears Craftsman parts, accessories and remotes. read lessRecent Review:Great. I'm in IA, he's in UT. Not conducive to doing business.Michael F.
- Business Description:With years of experience serving Elmira and the surrounding area, Apgar Construction is your solution for all your construction needs. We take great pride in our extreme professionalism, timeliness and superior customer service on every job. We make sure to develop a lasting relationship so that the next time service is needed there will be no question on who to call. Quality & Satisfaction guaranteed read lessRecent Review:Our home addition was the worst experience ever. They were to do a twelve week addition and never were on schedule. They didn't get a permit and were shut down by code enforcement. They measured our house wrong by 4 ft. The cut pre-made trusses that have had to be reinforced by another contractor. They left the job and refused to return any communication. Workers don't clean up and only work 4 days a week. They left the job and never sided my house. Wouldnt recommend them for any work, can easily find better construction crews read lessRandy H.
- Business Description:Affordable Waterproofing LLC is a family-owned company based in Delran, New Jersey. Started in 2009, Affordable Waterproofing has been supplying New Jersey, South Jersey, Philadelphia, and Delaware with cost-effective and superior waterproofing services for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on supplying the best basement waterproofing system installation, mold removal, and foundation and structural repairs around. Because of our commitment to our clients, we back all of our services with a w.. read lessRecent Review:It SEEMED to have gone well 2 years ago, but, I was told in order to get rid of the smell I would have to throw out anything that was porous. Of course I couldn't do that, it was many things. So, I learned to live with the smell (after two weeks the smell was back). Lo and behold (two years later) I moved aside some boxes and saw mold and a wet cinderblock wall). I called the company because I spent $6k for remediation. Someone came to my house and said "well, what do you want from us, you did not get rid of your water problem". I was livid because I never had a water problem until they painted my walls and covered up the holes that were drilled into the cinderblock to allow for drainage. I threw that man out. I had his boss trying to call me and the boss even sent me a text asking me "don't you want to speak with the owner?" No, I do not want to speak after being "monetarily raped" two years ago for a paint job, dropped ceiling removal and some perfume sprayed around read lessTracy S.
- Business Description:fully insured, 14 skilled carpenters and roofers, licensed autocad draftingRecent Review:Excellent job on replacing roof on 100+ year old home. Conscientious and dependable. Follows through on projects and makes sure customer is happy. Would gladly use them again.Bennett H.
- Business Description:Simply put, we work closely with our clients and make them part of the process. From planning to completion, we want you to be involved, engaged, and more than happy with your home building and remodeling decisions read less
- Business Description:ABG Contracting specializes in painting and landscaping along with snow removal services. Call today and I'll provide you with a free estimate! Residential Senior Citizen & Disabled Customers receive discount!!!!!!!! Landlords , Realtors , Commercial & Private Residences welcomed read lessRecent Review:Just weeks after installation, siding began falling off. After numerous calls, ABG Contracting (Milton Price) finally came out and used glue to try to secure the siding. Within days, that solution failed. Once again we contacted ABG Contracting but they didn't return to fix the siding until the following summer. Shortly thereafter, MORE siding fell off. They have not responded to text messages, phone calls, or email requests for repairs. In addition to the siding issue, ABG failed to install flashing when they installed the roof vent pipe, which created water damage to the walls and ceiling in the bathroom. The damaged drywall will need to be replaced, re-primed, and re-painted. ABG installed the entrance door incorrectly (out of plumb) and we had to remove it and reinstall it read lessGary K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage door company articles
A new garage is something many homeowners wish for, but the undertaking requires a fair amount of prep work. Learn what you need to plan for, such as ventilation, insulation, usage, and zoning laws. Use these tips when planning your new garage build.
Hiring a company to transport a vehicle can be a great option if you're moving to the other side of the country. Here's how much you can expect to pay.
Find garage door companies in
- Painted Post
- Big Flats
- Elmira Heights
- Pine City
- Beaver Dams
- Watkins Glen
- Montour Falls
garage door companies in Corning
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ABG Contracting4 Carriage Cir
Elmira, New York
- Affordable Waterproofing LLC8000 Rte 130
Delran, New Jersey
- Alpine Home Improvement Co268 Route 6N
Mahopac, New York
- Apgar Construction LLC224 Church St
Breesport, New York
- Art's Overhead Doors2308 Butler Ct
Corning, New York
- Avalon Homes950 Danby Rd.
Ithaca, New York
- ABG Contracting
- Calstro Contracting811 W CHURCH ST
Elmira, New York
- Calstro Contracting
- KMASCO no CAN'T- we CAN do it ALL your way!108 center st.
Waverly, New York
- KMASCO no CAN'T- we CAN do it ALL your way!
- Maple City Contracting Co16 West St
Hornell, New York
- Maple City Contracting Co
- Overhead Door1251 College Ave
Elmira, New York
- Overhead Door