Affordable Waterproofing LLC

Founded 1990 • With Angi since October 2009

4.2

8000 Rte 130

Delran, NJ 08075

Affordable Waterproofing LLC is a family-owned company based in Delran, New Jersey. Started in 2009, Affordable Waterproofing has been supplying New Jersey, South Jersey, Philadelphia, and Delaware with cost-effective and superior waterproofing services for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on supplying the best basement waterproofing system installation, mold removal, and foundation and structural repairs around. Because of our commitment to our clients, we back all of our services with a watertight guarantee and unparalleled customer service. Our friendly, no-pressure approach to the business has earned us an A+ BBB rating and outstanding reviews from customers. We look forward to continuing to provide dry, comfortable basements for years to come....

10/15/2020

Tracy S.

It SEEMED to have gone well 2 years ago, but, I was told in order to get rid of the smell I would have to throw out anything that was porous. Of course I couldn't do that, it was many things. So, I learned to live with the smell (after two weeks the smell was back). Lo and behold (two years later) I moved aside some boxes and saw mold and a wet cinderblock wall). I called the company because I spent $6k for remediation. Someone came to my house and said "well, what do you want from us, you did not get rid of your water problem". I was livid because I never had a water problem until they painted my walls and covered up the holes that were drilled into the cinderblock to allow for drainage. I threw that man out. I had his boss trying to call me and the boss even sent me a text asking me "don't you want to speak with the owner?" No, I do not want to speak after being "monetarily raped" two years ago for a paint job, dropped ceiling removal and some perfume sprayed around.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation for Basement

03/22/2016

William S.

Arrived of time on a weekend, very responsive, replaced sump pump with no issues. Great diagnostics.

Description of Work
Replaced faulty sump pump.

Category basement waterproofing, wells

03/21/2016

stacy K.

Affordable waterproofing did work on our house for the previous owner. They finished the job leaving holes in the outside wall at ground level - leaving water to enter into the basement walls. They told us this was done by request of the previous owner. We called them to come back to fix this and add window wells. They seemed very cordial and responsive. The day the job was scheduled they never showed. I called them and they apologized and blamed it on miscommunication. The job was rescheduled and they still did not show up. After this add was posted they showed up at our house unannounced. They completed the job. Fixing the holes at no additional cost, thereby, sticking to their warranty.

Description of Work
Affordable waterproofing put a french drain in the basement.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, basement remodeling

01/05/2016

Michelle S.

I was actually waiting to write a review after the first rain storm! Well it rained and FINALLY my basement is dry!!! I met with numerous companies to express my concerns with our damp and moldy basement. Affordable was very knowledgeable helpful and informative! After meeting with different companies I felt the most confident with affordable waterproofing. We have been anticipating redoing our basement but the dampness has always been an issue. The work was completed in a timely manner. The crew was very clean and professional. We are finally ready to move forward in completing a renovation to our basement... Now that it is dry! Thank you Affordable:)

Description of Work
Waterproofed basement

04/29/2015

theo S.

Horrible . Took my deposit and canceled the appointment to start work twice . I took off of work the first time they called and said there truck broke down and couldn't make it . We rescheduled . Second time called me again with the same excuse that the truck broke down and they couldn't make it . I told them to take a hike ,I took off 2 days of work lost and out my deposit money .terrible would not recommend

Description of Work
Nothing

Category basement waterproofing

Yes, our dump truck did break down and need to be placed in the shop for repairs so we did have to reschedule the install date which was done immediately. What was supposed to be a quick fix at the auto repair shop turned into a whole lot more. We apologized to Mr. [Member name removed] for the inconvenience of needing to reschedule but he was very upset and stated if we could not be there that day to then cancel his contract, which we that day, April 28, 2015. His $100 refund deposit check was mailed out the same day. Mr. [Member name removed] cashed the check (#3634) on May 6, 2015. We DO NOT keep deposits under any circumstance. Deposit monies are returned within one week from date of cancellation. Mr. [Member name removed] cancelled his contract and wrote this complaint the following day, not allowing the check to arrive in the mail.

02/19/2015

Stephen S.

The system has worked perfectly. However, two days ago, the pump failed. Because of the extreme cold weather, the pipe froze and the pump burned up trying to pump. I called last night and Mike arrived about noon today. He replaced the pump and associated piping and helped me unfreeze the pipes. Bob called and told me they would cover the repair this time and told me how to prevent a freeze-up again. I should have realized the potential, but the pipes have never frozen before in 30 years in this house. Thanks to Affordable I did not have to spend the money for pump and labor. Furthermore, I plan to install a heating coil to prevent it happening again. They really did not have to help me out like that, but they did. A good company to do business with.

Description of Work
Affordable Waterproofing basically rebuilt the drainage in our basement in June 2013. We were a typical NJ construction with a slab built on a high water table. It took 28 years, but the French Drains just could not handle the large amounts of water under the house. They dug a trench around 2 walls of the basement inserted a 4 inch PVC perforated pipe surrounded with gravel and concrete over the top. It drained to a rebuilt sump and installed a good pump.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

01/15/2015

Leah S.

After having a long time water issue in our basement I couldn't wait to get rid of the damp/moldy smell. I also couldn't wait to add a new playroom for our kids. We needed to start from the beginning before even thinking about refinishing our basement. I called several waterproofing companies for estimates but when I found that Affordable was local, I was anxious to get a quote from a local contractor. Their price was better then other prices that I received. However, I did not choose this company based on price alone. Had they been the highest, I still would have chosen them. Their professionalism and knowledge is what sealed the deal for me. If you have a water problem, mold, dampness...I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and mold remediation.

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

12/20/2014

Louis S.

They would not put and estimate in writing, and wanted to start work the next day.

Description of Work
They did an estimate for waterproofing my basement.

10/03/2014

Christopher P.

Appointment was schedule for an estimate, salesmen showed up on time and seemed very knowledgeable about work that needed to be performed. The estimate was very competitive and I was able to get the work done in the same week. The crew showed up as schedule and seemed to be working without breaking. They were respectful and cleaned up after themselves. Overall, it was a good experience.

Description of Work
Fixed water seepage around gas pipe.

06/27/2014

Phillip P.

They were good and their pricing is also very reasonable. They were courteous, polite and very professional.

Description of Work
I received an estimated from them to install a pump.

Category basement waterproofing, wells

06/08/2014

elizabeth J.

Schedule appointment never showed up never called would not use them

Description of Work
Schedule appointment June 5

05/29/2014

MELISSA P.

Salesman Mark seemed to be pretty bad on first impression as other had noted. Wouldn't provide a formal quote on site only took notes on a post it note. Told me the reason for this is he is too busy and has 6-8 calls a day yet only 1 generally goes forward. (1 wonder why) Did a poor job of surveying the house seemed like he was in a rush. When I asked him if he needed to see the outisde where they would be putting in the wells he suggested hey know what to expect and didnt need to see outside. I made him go anyway and look because I have an AC 18 inches from the window. He looked and noted this is no problem as they do this all the time. Ok I thought he seems knowledgable even though he doesn't seem thourough he is not the one doing the work so I decided to get a quote. He gave the quote verbally (wouldn't write it up) and said he would take 10% off if I booked today (cheap sales trick to get quick business). Well I decided to go forward because it seems their team is good although the sales process is broken. After taking the day off today the workers came to my house and showed up on time even though they got lost which was good. Service team was professional and knowledgable. I showed them around suggesting the AC to them and explaining I wanted them to fully assess the job as I felt the 5 minutes that Mark spent wasnt a good evaluation. Sure enough I was right. Everything that Mark said they would do without issue from putting in the window well, to fixing the cracks on the wall to running the new system to the sump pump could not be done. The AC unit is too close to the window to put in the well they brought as the salesman didnt note that the AC was even there. Srike one. Then the wall which is cracked is on a corner where on one side our central vac is secured to the wall. The very nice service team told me they can not do the wall without first tearing down the central vac. Strike 2. Finally where they were going to add the "system running to my sump pump there was not enough room without punching through my finished bathroom in the basement. This means knocking down the tiled shower and taking out the toilet plus pulling up tiles in the basement. The cost of restoring all of this would have been more then the cost of doing he work. Even the service team suggested that Mark was completely wrong and they are fed up with him as this is the 3rd time they have wasted their day because of his lack of attention to detail when quoting. At the end of the day the owner of this company is a nice guy, the service team is good but the problem is which the sales process. Setting proper expectations, providing a professional image and quote and quoting a job that your company can actually preform. When reading other reviews the owner keeps stating my sales guys need to sell business, noone that has work done complains, the sales guys dont get paid for quotes... This is all BS. Your sales team represents your company. Their process is as important as the services you provide. Your salesman wasted my time today, 2 weeks ago when he was here, and last week when you were supposed t odo the work prior to the rain. (totally understandable) Not only did he waste my time but he wasted the time of your 4 man crew that drove o2 hours each way to my house. Thoughts? Mine are if Mark from Affordable Waterproofing shows up at your door you better just send him on his way.

Description of Work
We contracted to put in window taps/wells routing it into a sump pump and fixing some foundation cracks.

Category foundation repair

05/12/2014

Catherine I.

It was a good experience. We just decided not to do waterproofing yet. It was a totally normal assessment. They were good. They responded by phone and came on time to their appointment. I would recommend a phone call. I haven't used their service, so I don't know how good their actual work is.

Description of Work
Affordable Waterproofing just came for a visit and a quote. They were talking about putting a French drain in the sump pump and digging around the foundation to put that in.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe, mold removal

11/14/2013

peter C.

exactly as quoted. | |very careful to contain mess. | |would definitley recommend and use again.

Description of Work
water proof basement with mirror drain.

10/16/2013

TINA V.

They removed the rest of the water that was in the basement, then removed all the cement around the perimeter, removed an old sump pump, added a french drain and relocated 2 sump pumps so no more water would filtrate into the basement. He had a large crew that broke up the concrete with a jack hammer and took the old concrete up the stairs in buckets. The crew was professional and courteous, Once completed, the basement, foyer and driveway were clean. They offered to waterproof paint the basement, which I had planned to do myself, but after I did it, wished I would have used them. I would recommend Affordable Waterproofing to any home owner, the work they did was well worth the money.

Description of Work
My basement, when I bought the house had 3 feet of water in it. I contacted Affordable to get it out. I used a pool pump to get most of the water out and they showed up to put in a french drain and 2 sump pumps.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

05/09/2013

rick L.

This company was very responsive. Worked very hard digging trench around basement perimeter. Removed all woodwork/cabinetry necessary themselves. Broke a window in basement and replaced it without any questions. Few weeks later, even came back to make a minor adjustment.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

02/05/2013

Anne H.

Terrible experience. Marc arrived at my house to inspect my basement and give me a quote on what needed to be done to solve the problems that I was experiencing with basement mold and flooding. He was very aggressive and unprofessional. Marc told me it would cost $16,100.00; however, if I got it fixed right away, it would only cost $14,750.00. He tried to high-pressure me into signing a contract on the spot. When I told him I needed some time to think about it, he continued to apply high pressure and was arrogant. I then joined Angie's List and read that Affordable Waterproofing has had bad reviews, and also has bad reviews with the Better Business Bureau. Buyer Beware!

Description of Work
Basement mold remediation and waterproofing.

Category basement waterproofing

As usual, any and every bad review of our company comes from someone who has not done business with our company. Our guys drive hundreds of miles per day, with the understanding that they may very well lose money for that day. We don't pressure any one customer, but we are there to obtain the job. In our business we run into new companies everyday that go in to make drinking money for the weekend. We price the job on a professional installation and the best warranty your money can buy. On a daily basis homeowners take advantage of our free estimate. It is free for the home owner but it is not free for the company and the guys who run the appointments. If we find that our guys are crossing the line while giving a free estimate, we will handle that in house, but if they are just trying to get the job, that we can not change. Averages show that if you do not get the job while your there, your chance is 1 out of 6 in getting the job. Our guys are also told to offer further discounts above and beyond the published discounts if we have openings in the schedule. In closing, when you line us up with other reputable companies, our prices are very rarely the highest, but we can not compete with guys that give the job away for the bare minimal. These guys never last and for a homeowner to go with such companies is a big mistake! If you look at our reviews from people that have actually worked for us, they are nothing but happy.

12/21/2012

Jessica C.

Excellent job. The rep. was extremely knowledgable about his profession and he conducted himself in a professional manner. Great follow up and very reliable. I have recommended them to a few of my friends that were hit hard by Sandy. They was very empathetic and patient with me.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing. Sealed cracks in foundation and installed drainage system.

12/17/2012

Kelly H.

I agree with the other reviews. The "gentleman" who provided the estimate was extremely, very pushy and very rude when we did not sign a contract for $15,000 of work on the spot. He said that he would give us a 10% discount if we signed today. I told him that we would need to discuss, and salesman told me that if I was getting a second opinion to forget it, because he is not going to match someone else's prices. He also had a binder full of competitors' contracts and pointed out how they try to trap homeowners with extra costs. This company may provide excellent work, but they should get rid of the contractor who provides the estimates.

Description of Work
Estimate included French Drains, pinning the basement foundation to straighten it, drainage from window wells and mold remediation. We did not sign with this company.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, mold removal, foundation repair

11/12/2012

DIANE S.

They came out right away, gave me an estimate, and started the work all within 3 days. Considering this was right after hurricane Sandy, I felt they wer taking very good care of me. It was worth every cent! No more ruined dedcoration, clothes or photos. My basement is now a safe place to store my stuff until I need it again. I will be moving my things out of a storage facility and save every month!

Description of Work
Every time we get heavy rains, I have problems with water leaking into the basement. I always say I'm going to call and forget about it once the rain stops. But after Sandy I decided to fix the probelm once and for all. I called Affordable Waterproofing and got an appointment the next day. They were very busy but they fit me in. He came out to survey the problem. He was on time and very polite and spoke to me in terms I could understand. Since they left, I have not had any problems. I'm just sorry that I didn't call them before Hurricane Sandy!

11/08/2012

Carla C.

Michael is very unprofessional. Not empathetic to the needs of a customer but just interested in making money for himself and/or commission. I was offended by his response, "we dont go out for small jobs and I will call you next week when I look at my schedule." His attitude is very poor. HIs customer service needs serious improvement.

Description of Work
On 11/5/12, I left a msg for an estimate, due to damage of Hurricane Sandy. I did not receive a call back until 11/8/12 from Michael, a service Manager. Michael asked what I needed done. Since I am not a plumber, I explained that I needed a sump pump changed, with a check valve and a battery back up, 30 ft+ drainage pipe to the street replaced, to include cement side walk repair, and possibly more. He also asked if I have a french drain. I said "yes, I would also like the french drain cleaned or replaced. I would also need other waterproofing suggestions." Michael said, " Well, we wont go out for a small job. I would have to look at my schedule and call you back some time next week." This is clearly a company that is only interested in money making opportunities. Without even "LOOKING or SUGGESTING" what could be done, he automatically just disregarded my request. As their advertisements clearly says " specializing in sump pumps, interior/exterior drainage, outside excavation", Michael obviously decided, " This is a small job and my inspectors wont come for that." I had previously had a another quote for over $3200. How much more does Michael expect to earn? I received their coupons from an advertisement in a home improvement magazine. Coupons starting at $150 off for any job of $1000 or more, $350 for $2000 job, and $750 for $4000 job. Clearly, I thought they would give an estimate. My need is clearly not a small job! I will not recommend this company nor will I ever call them.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

This homeowner was put through to the wrong department and was called back by a service manager, rather than an inspector. I myself contacted this homeowner and explained that this was a total mistake. Our usual receptionist is on vacation for the week and Mike should have never been in contact with her. Mike handles service calls for existing customers off ours. He is not paid on a commission basis. He was reprimanded and I Thomas Rooney met with the member, early next week and helping her out. I expect that the member's opinion of our company will change. Thank you.

10/22/2012

Edward H.

We had a horrible experience with Affordable Waterproofing and I would never in a million years recommend them to anybody. They were just terrible, but they came when we called and were on time.

Description of Work
We had a consultation and received an estimate from Affordable Waterproofing. We were going to move forward with them but canceled.

Category basement waterproofing

We at Affordable Waterproofing LLC are not sure why this customer would give such a review since the only business that we have conducted with said customer is that we provided a FREE estimate, and as this customer states, we were on time, and they were going to go with our company. We are confused! If we were on time and this customer was originally going to go with our company, what could we have done wrong? This review has no detail, so please don't hold this against our company. We are going to appeal this review and should be able to get it removed from our record. Usually when a review comes in like this, it's due to a fly-by-night company with a salesman that has worked for virtually every company on the planet, going in and bad mouthing our company to make a sale.

09/28/2012

Erin S.

Dealing with Affordable Waterproofing was a pleasant experience. The salesman was friendly and informative. The work was exceptional and the price was very reasonable. I would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
French drain with sump pump

08/15/2012

Steve P.

Excellent service. They were very professional, on time for the job. Price was great. Very happy about the end product.

Description of Work
Basement waterproof.

07/11/2012

nancy M.

In early June we called Affordable Home Designs for an estimate on new windows and siding. We gave all our info to the receptionist. We where contacted by a sales representative and our appointment was set. The representative arrived on time with many products to choose from. Samples and pictures of worked previously perfomed by their company were shown to us. We were very impressed by his knowledge of all the products and services his company provides. We decided the price was in our range however it was not the lowest price we recieved. We felt more comfortable with the Affordable company and its represenative. We decided to have them perform the work for us. After signing the contract the next day, a represenitive returned to our house and took all the required measurements . Two days later we were called with an installation date. The crew came out and performed the work in a professional manner. All time lines were met and all products were as promised. We highly recommend Affordable Home Designs and will use them again in the future for our home improvement needs.

Description of Work
new replacement windows and siding

Category siding, replacement windows

The Blue Easel

We specialize in custom picture framing. We also have framed art, prints, antiques, collectables, and decorative gifts. We also offer archival framing,shadow boxing, and frame restoration.Also all work is done on site, nothing is sent out. We are a family owned and operated business open since 1955. We accept visa, MasterCard, and discover. We offer lay away and we also have gift certificates available.

Aqua Dry Basement Waterproofing

Aqua Dry specializes in Basement & Crawlspace Waterproofing Science and we are Foundation Repair Experts: We invite you to take advantage of our one time free estimate / inspection offer and the most competitive financing options. We realize damp, wet, smelly basements can be very frustrating. That's why we offer a 21 point inspection to determine the cause of the water intrusion and mold growth. Aqua Dry has achieved the highest accolades for their proactive technology, hands on craftsmanship and superior mold remediation practices. Go from Wet to dry in 2 days or less. Our motto is to affordably solve your water intrusion concerns, in addition too, designing the best defense to combat against all Microbial growth and Mycotoxins. Finally, there is "One Local Waterproofing Expert" who cares about your home and your families health. As we continue to provide the most effective methods in achieving a healthy proactive Basement environment - Call Now 215-432-7122

Offers by Aqua Dry Basement Waterproofing on Angi
    Dry Tech Waterproofing Solutions

We are a locally owned and operated basement waterproofing company with over 25 years experience. With over 10 years of servicing the tri-state area, we have many satisfied customers. In addition to our quality workmanship, our warranty is among the best in the industry! Call now for your FREE, no obligation, in home estimate.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available

Basement waterproofing, leak repair, concrete floor crack repair, sump pump installation & repair, foundation repair, mold remediation, foundation repair, structural repair, water damage repair, basement encapsulation, water removal, exterior & interior french drains, window well repair & installation